• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Partner Search Thread

TurtlexXxNation

Lady Turtle

Newest Craving
-WIP-
-GoT fandom, using completely original characters, set years before or after the T.V series. (More of a Slice of Life type, rather than plot based like the series.)

I'm BACK!!! I'll be posting about once a week, maybe more. But I'll be strictly mobile. So I wont be able to play with BBCode unless its copy/paste code. (I.e. simple stuff)

An Introduction
Hello!

I'm Turtle! I live in America, time zone GMT -6:00 I believe. Central USA. :)

I'm looking for a story partner or two, something decently committed. I don't have a very free-time filled life, so I can only promise responses once every couple of days, possibly even only once a week. Yet, I'm very committed to my stories, so if you have the patience with me, I will always respond to the best of my ability. I generally will reply rough the same amount as my partner. Basically, you give me 3 sentences, and I'll give you 3. If you give me 3+ paragraphs, I'll do what I can to give you 3+ paragraphs. I'm 27 years old, but I embrace my inner child. I like to be silly, but I also like seriousness as well. I have ADHD so my attention can wander. I will speak with you anytime I feel my attention waning on a story and see what we can come up with together to keep my brain interested. I do everything in my power not to just drop stories if I can manage it.

What I'm looking for in a Partner
  • Literate, but not necessarily to a fault. I just want to understand what you are writing.
  • Can write at least a nice, detailed paragraph. More is always welcome, but at least that much.
  • Someone who reads posts thoroughly. **
  • Someone who doesn't write only fluff. I like grit and the hard to handle stuff. Full emotional spectrum. As Hermione says in HP: "Just because you have the emotional range of a teaspoon, doesn't mean we all have."
  • I like alpha characters, but please don't go overboard. Especially if we are both playing an Alpha character. There is bound to be headbutting, but honestly, if there is to much push back, I'm going to get bored.
  • I like writing. When I'm really enjoying a role, I can get carried away. I'm not saying you must match that, but if I give you a range of emotions/actions/dialogue from my character, please attempt to respond to most of it all. Does not have to be all of it, but at least get most of it.
  • I don't care how long it takes to receive responses, as long as it's at least 1 time a week. Or I get warning if it will be longer. I, myself, give no promises of more than 1 time a week.
**I have had several (with still one or 2 going) that it is clear my partner is not reading my whole post... and this touches on the last rule as well... if I'm writing to much for you, just tell me. I can try and shorten my "reactions" down so there won't be as much to worry about.

What I will writeDark Themes -i.e. Abuse, harassment, neglect, etc.
Romance
Anything with lots of depth and character development --I tend to focus more on Characters instead of their world
Use of Fandom Worlds
Medieval*
Fantasy**

*Kings, Queens, Swords, Horses, Armor, Castles, etc.
**Dragons, Dwarves, Shapeshifters, Fae, Mythology, etc.

What I will not writeLiteral History (I am not a historian)
Realism/Real Time*
Cannon Characters from a Fandom
Futuristic Sci-Fi
Aliens
High Tech
Modern Slice of Life**

*Meaning today's world. Not that I won't write with Modern time settings, but they must be fictional.
**Same as with the Realism/Real Time, but this must have some kind of Fantasy twist for Slice of Life stories.

My Ideas/Interests - Please Note! Most of these will have DARK THEMES. These are not Plots meant for strictly fluff stories.
Otherwise, Hit me up with a story idea, and I'll let you know if it catches my interest :)

ALL PLOTS ARE FREE USE BY ANYONE WHO WOULD LIKE TO USE THEM

Open Plot
This plot segment is brought to you by Turtle's writer's block!
I have no other plot ideas for the moment, and am open to hearing suggestions!
PM or Thread Reply welcome!

Will RP through PM or Thread :D
No more discord unless you can convince me it'll be worthwhile. I just don't think about it often unless I'm truly convinced its a good RP.... aka those RPs that are close to "novel" length responses...

Open / Closed

MxF
MxM
FxF

When Angels FallThis plot is open to adjustments/changes to fit anything-I just won't change the basic idea or my character. Backgrounds can always adjust, but the basic idea of the character will remain the same.

Thread only. I will only discuss the plot through PM. I will not RP this one in PM. Sorry, folks.

This plot is inspired by the following song:

Angels Fall song by Breaking Benjamin
I tried to face the fight within
But it's over
I'm ready for the riot to begin and surrender
I walked the path, it led me to the end, remember
I'm caught beneath with nothing left to give, forever
When angels fall with broken wings
I can't give up, I can't give in
When all is lost and daylight ends
I'll carry you and we will live forever, for ever
Grey skies will chase the light away, no longer
I fought the fight, now only dark remains forever
Divided I will stand
And I will let this end
The sun begins to rise and wash away the sky
The turning of the tide, don't leave it all behind
And I will never say goodbye
Forever, forever

My idea is more a character idea, and it's going to fall well outside my general comfort limits. This is a slice-of-life, modern RP idea. This is going to be a "mary-sue" kind of RP. Lots of Drama, lots of bad things happening. There will probably even be triggers (i.e. depression, mental illness, physical illness, and much more). If you are sensitive to anything dark, please proceed with caution.

I really need someone to "lead" this RP, or at least, someone to co-lead. I don't want to have to make up all the events that will happen because they will mostly be torturous to my own character and I that will cause it to seem "mary-sue/woe-is-me" more than I mean to portray.

So, I think I gave all the proper warnings, but here goes with the character idea.

My character is a woman, recently diagnosed with Lymphoma. Though she refuses to tell anyone. She considers it as something only she should have to handle. She requests a transfer in her job (clerk for big multi-national corporation) and essentially forces herself into imposed isolation from all her friends and family by moving across the country from them. She lowers all contact with anyone who knew her before to merely online and telephone conversations. She begins to visit a coffee shop regularly. Every morning and afternoon, staying until they close. She builds an emotional wall around herself, not wanting to make friends because she doesn't want anyone she cares about to see her slowly decompose (as she sees it).

The opposite character I am looking for:
A male who either works for, or frequents, the same coffee shop. Background and circumstance is all up to you, my partner. All I request, is that they will eventually develop feelings for my character. Be that, beginning as a curiosity then progressing forward, or beginning with a crush on a pretty lady... again, I will leave that up to you.

The RP will mostly begin as a series of "small instances of time" with plenty of time skips in between their interactions in the coffee shop. Additional information, important events, etc. can be written out for our benefit when needed. (i.e. her visits with the doctor, random chance meetings in other various places...)

I have some ideas to plant opportunities for your character to puzzle together about her circumstance by the occasional sightings in the hospital or doctor clinic, her change in appearance as she goes through chemotherapy, and eventually your character actually finding her in the hospital either during or leaving the cancer treatment center on a chemotherapy day.

This will be a LONG rp. I want it to last!! Please. If you can't stick with something for a decent while, don't offer to become part of this. I really, really want this to work out.

My FirstModern Fantasy
My Character Role: Muse A
Note: Please send a writing sample of how you would portray Muse B as I am looking for a certain type of player/character with this plot.

Muse A is sick of not having a first of anything. So they get the bright idea to summon a... something, muse B. However, despite their initial resolve of giving this [Thing] their virginity, Muse B still sticks to true consent, which means that A's heart must agree with their mind. Muse A goes to sleep embarrassed and irritated, only to wake up with muse B still there. When asked, muse B had decided to stay because [B's Decision] and they made a deal to help muse A. The deal in question never specified that the help needed to be sexual, although it was implied. So now muse A has an unexpected ( and rather attractive ) roommate.

Open / Closed

MxF
MxM
FxF

Saving GraceMy Character Role: Muse A

Muse A
is a hybrid/other creature type, which are treated almost as slaves. Muse A managed to run away from their previous abusive owner and muse B, a regular human, ends up finding them on a cold, wet night. Muse B offers muse A shelter for the night, and treatment for their injuries. Muse A is standoffish at first, but ends up warming up to muse B’s gentleness and kindness. Muse B offers to let muse A stay for a while until muse A can figure out what to do in life. Eventually, muse B offers to officially rescue muse A so muse A can permanently stay with muse B.

Open / Closed

MxF
MxM
FxF

Unknown LoverMy Character role: Muse A

Muse A
, an omega, is being attacked and trapped by an unknown attacker, an alpha (or beta). Suddenly, muse B, another alpha smells muse A and recognizes muse A as their true mate. Muse B goes in and rescues muse A from the attempted forced mating, but muse A can’t recognize muse B as their mate because of a trauma muse A endured which caused the inability to use their sense of smell.

Open / Closed

MxF
MxM
FxF

Big LeagueMy Character Role: Muse B

Note- Looking for a love of darker themes, not just fluff please!! This is a bit out of my norm, but its loosely based off a web comic I started reading and was really interested in.

A is an Idol (kpop/jpop or something of the like) that is at the prime of their career. B is an adoring fan of around the same age.
One day, B finally goes go a concert. Only to have their current boy/girl-friend dump them over text message. So B ends up drinking a touch too much at the concert.
A had fun at the concert, and more at the staff party afterward. When A runs into B in the halls of the venue.
Bada-Bing, bada-boom, A takes B home with them. Neither realize who the other is.
The following morning, paparazzi burst in to find the two, naked and in bed together. Now, to keep A's rep intact, the company forces B to sign a contract to be A's girl/boyfriend and even concoct a backstory for the "loving" couple. But the company, nor A, trusts B entirely.
What happens as time passes and they actually, maybe, fall for each other beyond an obssessed fan and indifferent Idol?

If you are still looking, how does a modern-ish fantasy setting sound? I can imagine it would be quite fun, but of course, that's also if you think so too :>

Users who are viewing this thread

Back