• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern ⤏ partner search + plot ideas

afternoon tea

avid writer
⤏ rules + info

RULES
001 Be descriptive (approx. 10-20+ lines/multi-paragraphs)
- It's fine if you go under a few times (as long as it's not one-liners or text talks), but only if you have a good reason for it. (Writer's block, accidental delete on your reply, etc.)

002 Good grammar & third person writing.
- I don't mind a few typos as long as I can understand the meaning/action of your sentences.

003 Remind me only once after a few days if I stop responding.
- It takes a while for me to write descriptively, and I have a life outside of roleplaying, so I'd appreciate it if you don't rush me!

004 Your character must be human.
- Unless we're doing a fantasy roleplay, I will allow characters such as witches, elves, etc. Anthropomorphic characters aren't welcomed, however.

005 God-modding and controlling my characters are forbidden.

After
noon
Tea
PLOTS
A list of ideas for roleplays. Plot ideas with this sign (☆) means that I have a starter written out for it already.

I. Medieval romance

- Princess x Assassin/Guard ☆
Valerie was once a common maid, serving governors and politicians alike, but there was nothing at all common about her. Her beauty seemed to spring up from the earth itself, and she didn’t go unnoticed by a commoner, Muse A. They both grew close as young teenagers, but she was sent away to another district of the kingdom for work. They eventually lost touch for a few years, but it was not long before she was noticed by the king, revealing that she was the long lost princess they had been looking for. Muse A had become an assassin by then, and unknown of her identity, he accepted the job to kill the secret princess and disguised himself as her royal guard. Upon realizing who she is, feelings stand in the way of completing his mission.

II. Fantasy-medieval romance

- Witch x Prince
After the bloody massacre of the witches in Avalon, Cordelia was the last known witch to exist, and she had disappeared for a decade. The king orders that whoever could find the wicked witch will be rewarded handsomely. Muse A was the prince, valiantly fighting a war. He happens to stumble across the forest she hides in, alone and wounded as enemies pursue him. Cordelia saves him from his threats and tends to his wounds. After healing him, she casts a spell that would erase any memory of ever meeting her, a spell that she had used countless times without a fail...until now. The prince’s memory cannot be erased for some odd reason, forcing him to stay until she figures out how to fix this problem.

III. Slice of life romance

- Boss x Secretary ☆
Muse A is promoted to the secretary of the C.O.O. of Vertitec, an enhanced company that creates nano-biotic tech. Cassius Damon, her boss, is seen to be the cold, heartless businessman who gets straight into the point while being blunt. However, after Muse A gets dumped by her, she finds herself sitting alone in a restaurant for hours, unable to leave out of shame. Cassius ultimately saves her from public embarrassment as he surprisingly shows up.

- Artist x Intern ☆
Adrian Lawrence is a protégé artist from a young age with a desire for constant perfection. No one has ever gotten close to him because no one is ever as perfect as the artwork. The sculptures. The paintings. The beautiful scenes of perfect humans frozen in time. He works in his lonely, spacious mansion which is kept in pristine condition, until one day he hires a new intern. From first impressions, she is late and unkempt with messy hair. But for some damned reason, he finds himself getting infatuated by her as she slowly gets him to warm up to her and helps him realize that perhaps there really was beauty in flaws after all.

IV. Cyberpunk romance

- Revolutionary Leader x Politician's Daughter
There has been a revolution going on for several years. Sicarius, the person in charge of leading the revolution, meets Muse A who happens to be the daughter of a politician. The politician secretly gives intel for Sicarius in exchange that Sicarius keeps his daughter safe.

V. Action romance

- Undercover Agent x Partner in Crime ☆
Agent Temperance, a highly-regarded secret agent, is paired with Muse A. They were assigned to take down a criminal, Xerxes Paxton, and after working together for a while, they had developed feelings for each other, though they never admitted it out loud. However, after their mission went wrong, Muse A suspects that Temperance might have a hidden motive in chasing down the criminal.

VI. 1920’s mafia romance

- Mafia Don x Undercover Detective ☆
America was a place full of change in the roaring 20’s. New waves of crime were sweeping the nation, alcohol and drugs were considered illegal, and the streets were roaming with powerful gangs. The young detective is determined to take down the biggest mafia’s don, Cassius Damon, otherwise known as ‘King’. However, after failing to take him down countless times, she grew to know his character from their interrogations before her case was ultimately halted. The detective decides to focus on taking down another capo, building up a secret identity before she realizes that Damon was involved with her target. Damon takes advantage of her undercover mission, striking up an interesting deal with her: he won’t rat her out to his colleague as long as she grants his friend witness protection. Romance ensues.

MORE
- I would appreciate a description of your character before starting the roleplay. It would help me understand your character and adapt to their personalities.

- I can create and roleplay as side-characters to enhance the storyline. It would be great if you did too!

- I would also appreciate you discussing the plot with me and chip in a few ideas of your own to make the story interesting.

- Despite the tone of this blog post, I don't bite!

© pasta

⤏ characters (unfinished)

ADRIAN LAWRENCE

Adrian Edmondson Lawrence
Bisexual
Male
Sculptor ; Painter
PRETTY
BOY
PERSONALITY
At a young age, Lawrence always had a desire for constant perfection. He was pressured to be the perfect student by his parents and the public eye, and he wanted to exceed people's expectations, taking pride in perfecting his artworks. He was one of the most enigmatic people in the world, refusing to participate in interviews and talk-shows. Whenever he agreed to it, though it was rare, he would talk about his work but not the artist himself. He found it hard to trust people, isolating himself from intimate connections to avoid getting hurt.

It is no secret that Lawrence is a clean freak. He always made sure that everything was perfect, and any failure or flaw was deemed as ugly in his sight. He liked being in control of his circumstances, wanting to be certain of the future. Some people would describe him as cold and arrogant, misunderstanding his harsh way of speaking. Though he doesn't show it often, he does care what other people think of him. He often overthinks things, resulting in sleepless nights. However, he never molded into conformity and never tried to follow a trend, which was the reason for his immense success.

BIOGRAPHY
Adrian Edmondson was born in London, UK. Being the only son of an aristocratic, wealthy family, he had to reach high expectations from his parents and the public eye. He always liked to create art at a young age, taking interest in Michelangelo's sculptures as he started to learn sculpting. The young protégé enrolled in a private school for prestigious students, achieving A+ grades seamlessly. However, being busy in his studies and hobbies, he spared no time in bonding with his classmates.

His father tragically passed away in a car accident, leaving Adrian and his mother devastated. His mother grew abusive towards Adrian, taking out her anger on the fourteen year-old. She would often beat him when she drank, and with nowhere else to go, Lawrence endured the suffering. A few weeks later, his skills caught the eye of a well renowned art professor who offered a one-way ticket to Vancouver to enroll in the best art college. He immediately took this opportunity, dropping out of school and running away from home with his belongings and his inheritance.

Adrian legally changed his last name at the age of nineteen, not wanting to associate himself with his family anymore. At the age of twenty, his sculptures were sold in auctions, and Adrian was recognized as one of the most well-known artists of the century, credited for his perfect sculptures and paintings.

Lawrence loves listening to classical music while he works. He grew up listening to Rachmaninoff and Debussy, his two favourite composers. He used to visit symphony concerts before his father's death, as they used to watch concerts together.

Lawrence loves to draw, paint, and sculpt from a young age. He couldn't leave the house without his bag of art supplies. He often finds comfort in sketching outside, indulging in mother nature's beauty.

Lawrence prefers to dress neatly, taking pride in his appearance. He is often seen wearing a proper tuxedo, or a simple turtleneck along with a scarf and large coat during the winter time.

DISLIKES
Lawrence hates physical contact, whether it be something as small as a handshake. He rather keep his distance from people and avoid any accidental contact.

Lawrence despises speaking in public, which was one of the main reasons why he never accepts public interviews. He dislikes speaking to people in general, as he finds small talk to be a waste of time and breath.

Lawrence despises when people show up late. Making him wait would insult him greatly as he prioritizes his time greatly.

Lawrence doesn't like being disorganized and messy. He often cleans his mansion and work space to destress, finding joy in the process of cleaning.

Lawrence hates being near pets. He couldn't understand how one could deal with animals since they created so much mess. And it didn't help that he had an allergy to fur.

© pasta

⤏ admin's notes
//I have old profiles of my characters, though I'm working on renewing them soon. If you ever need to know something about my character, let me know. Also, I'm fairly new to this website so forgive me if I seem a little inexperienced (that's because I am lol)!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back