• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Partner for Norse/Viking Fantasy

Obsidianserpent

1558007_546e69e4c9178.jpg

Hey peeps! I'm looking for a skilled partner to help me design a unique RP inspired by Norse mythology and culture. The plot would begin within the mountain village of Raghild, where a demonic beast is wrecking havoc. The creature slays several warriors and innocents alike, and leaves a demonic wound upon the Jarl's face. After slaying the beast, our characters are besought by the village shaman to take the creature's heart to a shrine located deep within the Bloodspine Mountains. The demonic mark upon the Jarl's face has begun to spread, causing him to become violent and delusional. Only by performing a powerful ceremony with the demon's heart on the night of the coming eclipse can they hope to discover the creature's origins, and hopefully free their leader from its grasp. (alternatively, my partner could be the one who has been marked by the demon; could make for an interesting interaction between our characters).

I would play as Jokul, a Skin Walker and apprentice to the village of Shaman. Skin Walkers are individuals with the rare ability to possess the minds of animals, control their actions, and experience the world through their eyes. Jokul carries a deadly pit viper within a basket to his side at all times, making him a stealthy assassin in battle. Jokul has recently awoken from a year long sleep: a deep trance known as "The Pilgrimage". Only those who return to the waking world can assume the position as the next Elder Shaman.

A number of pairings would go well with my character. I don't care whether my partner plays as a male or female; I do however care that they are literate, creative and willing to post well thought out content. My posts are usually at least three paragraphs long and generally include artwork and music. I take RPing seriously and am looking for a partner who will do the same. Perhaps your character could be a renowned village hunter, or perhaps a member of a rival clan who was stolen at birth and raised as one of the village's own. Perhaps your character could be a priest or holy warrior of a mysterious god, who has been called to investigate the demonic disturbance.

I'm open to any suggestions you may have. I do want this to be a light magic fantasy however (no fireballs or magic missiles in this RP please), so if you do want your character to have a supernatural ability, I ask that you keep it subtle.

PM me a RP sample if you're interested in this. Below is a sample of my writing. I hope to hear back from some of you; I think this could be a lot of fun! :)

It was an unusually stormy night, even for the jungles of Kehjistan. The Mage Zoltun Kulle approached the three soul stones which stood in the center of the intricate pentagram which had been carefully etched upon the ground. The stones emitted a subtle energy that sent a chill down Kulle's spine. It as something he'd grown accustomed to; the stones had become an addiction of sorts. Never before had he come across artifacts of such incredible power. He yearned to uncover their secrets. A stone which could trap the essences of both angels and demons; with such a tool, humanity could finally rise against the forces of heaven and hell, and unlock the power of the Nephalem. Indeed, with a sufficient knowledge of the stone's properties, he could perhaps create a new and more powerful artifact, capable of trapping multiple demonic and angelic souls within a single stone. Such an experiment would be costly however, and Kulle had spent several months slaving away in quiet study, tirelessly investigating the mysterious stones.

A grin spread across his wrinkled face as he stretched forth his hand and began to recite the incantation. The pentagram upon the ground light up in flames. Kulle pulled a sharp dagger from his belt, and slid it across the palm of his hand, letting blood upon the three stones below. The blood sizzled as it came in contact with the surface of the stones, emitting plumes of smoke which rose high into the air. The wind began to steadily increase, before eventually tearing apart the small jungle shack in which he resided. The rain and wind beat against Kulle's skin, as smoke bellowed forth from the vibrating stones. Kulle took a deep breath, before extending his hand once more. Suddenly, the stones began to rise from the ground. The red, yellow and blue shards began to glow, before emitting a tremendous pulse of energy. Kulle quickly muttered an incantation, transmuting arcane energy into a thin but resilient field of force. While the magical shield absorbed some of the force, it quickly dissolved from the impact of the shock wave, knocking Kulle off is feet and obliterating the nearby plants and vegetation.

Kulle's face filled with anger and disappointment. He'd tried hundreds of arcane experiments, and while he'd learned much about the stones' capabilities, he'd yet to unlock the true secrets of their creation. To uncover the secrets of the soul stones was to discover the recipe to immortality.

Footsteps could be heard in the distance. A man in brown robes approached Kulle, who was struggling to regain his footing. "Brother Kulle...", "What!?", Kulle quickly snapped, clearly frustrated. "The recruits have arrived....they await your instruction at the docks...". Kulle snarled, pulling himself to his feet with the aid of his large ornate battle staff. "Very well...I'll be there shortly...", Kulle groaned. His Horadric brother bowed slightly, before retreating into the jungle thicket. Kulle picked up the Soul Stones and placed them within a Horadric Cube and locking it magically, ensuring their safety. His experiments had failed but Kulle was determined to keep trying. He could give up now, not when he was so close to a breakthrough. But his work could wait for now. With another invocation he opened up a shifting portal to the docks. As he stepped through, he couldn't help but wonder what to expect from his new recruits. Kulle had selected some of the most skilled combatants in Sanctuary. Still, the task before them was daunting, and the stakes were incredibly high. He could only hope that he'd chosen wisely...

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back