• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic (Social) OOC

Which Stories Are You Most Interested In?

• The Formation of Guild "Week"

• The Rise of the Group "PK Fire"

• The Circumstances of the Accused

• The Secrets of the Blackland

Results are only viewable after voting.
Even first generation starters?
Those were the classic. They will never look weird out of respect.

White Masquerade White Masquerade

Based Copen gets the sequel to himself.​

Good God. That is still going? And on the Switch now?

Haha, I actually don't remember this one. The only char I had in Ame was Shinsei...and I don't remember him interacting with any Iwa-nin. I think Chiita was the closest thing...

Excellent. I am looking forward to the start.
Oh my mistake. I meant to say Kiri instead of Ame. I was so miffed I was confused.

Violence is bad.
Not when it’s the only thing you heathens respond to.

Nah. I like anime, but a decent amount of it is an inferior way to experience their respective stories.
Manga is just Light Novel with low-budget last-minute artwork that distracts from the actual story. At least with Light Novels, they have enough time to make each and every single piece of art the most breathtaking thing you've ever seen.

Snob Mode Activated

Manga is just Light Novel with low-budget last-minute artwork that distracts from the actual story. At least with Light Novels, they have enough time to make each and every single piece of art the most breathtaking thing you've ever seen.

Snob Mode Activated
light novels are also almost all badly translated

and are to blame for isekai

Nah. I like anime, but a decent amount of it is an inferior way to experience their respective stories.
Take that back. Right now. Attack on Titan. FMA Brotherhood. Sometimes you need to cut out the "not as important" parts of a manga. It's like purifying the main source.

light novels are also almost all badly translated

and are to blame for isekai
Okay, so first and foremost. Everything is badly translated when it's translated, especially Manga. There are way too many jokes that you just can't translate. Thus why I read as-is, without translation to get in the way of everything.

Additionally, there is no such thing as an "Isekai" genre. Isekai is a setting, not a genre, and technically every single Anime/Manga/Light Novel is of an "Isekai" setting if it doesn't simply retell events that have already happened in our world, because by changing even one detail about the world, it becomes a different world.

People need to get over this whole idea of "Isekai" because it's NOT. A. GENRE.

Okay, so first and foremost. Everything is badly translated when it's translated, especially Manga. There are way too many jokes that you just can't translate. Thus why I read as-is, without translation to get in the way of everything.

Additionally, there is no such thing as an "Isekai" genre. Isekai is a setting, not a genre, and technically every single Anime/Manga/Light Novel is of an "Isekai" setting if it doesn't simply retell events that have already happened in our world, because by changing even one detail about the world, it becomes a different world.

Most people think about "Death-by-Truck-kun-aka-neet-reborn/transported-in-another-world" as isekai, and only that. That's probably what Bandit is talking about as well.

Most people think about "Death-by-Truck-kun-aka-neet-reborn/transported-in-another-world" as isekai, and only that. That's probably what Bandit is talking about as well.
The rising of my life as a vending machine in another world with my smartphone and little sister.

Take that back. Right now. Attack on Titan. FMA Brotherhood. Sometimes you need to cut out the "not as important" parts of a manga. It's like purifying the main source.
They're good adaptations, stuff like them, Mob and OPM are why I didn't dismiss all anime. But you also have shit like Index 3, Tokyo Ghoul and New Berserk. Variety is best, enjoy things in their optimal genre, none of them are a one size fits all hat, but I find that it's usually their native one. Heck, Made in Abyss is my favorite anime and manga, and I'd say it's better as an anime, and I still think there's a lot of stuff that's better enjoyed in its native form.

Nah. You can adapt jokes to the region and it can still be good. I don't like translated light novels as much because the translators are often just translators, and not writers, so the book ends up losing any elegance that it had in its writing and coming off as generally clunky. Manga doesn't run the risk of that nearly as much, since it's just dialogue. There's a rare few good translations, I woudn't read light novels if there wasn't, but they're rare.

Language is fluid, and Isekai is garbo.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back