• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Pareidolia Manor Character Sheets/OOC

WickedWitch

Dimension Hopper

[Doll Character Sheet]

Name:

Age: (this will usually be very low, like 5 or 6, as the Dolls are a very recent magical invention. The oldest would be like, 10. They will still have the general intelligence/appearance of an adult.)

Work Station: (For example; Head Maid, Housekeeper, Butler, Chef, Gardener, etc..]

Magical Ability: (Go crazy, go stupid. You want to be a clockwork Doll who uses time magic, go nuts. You wanna control plants? Heck yeah, my dude.)

Personality:

Rapport: (Their relationship with their fellow Dolls, The Young Master, The Late Mistress, and The Master. Are they well-liked? A loner? Do they have a lover?)

Image: (I do Commissions, btw)

Here is the sheet, and I will also discuss any setting details here!

(willing to change virtually any aspect of this sheet if needed~)

Name:
Jack

Work Station:
Housekeeper

Magical Ability:
Arcane and dark magic
Jack utilizes a mixture of arcane magic skills to get things done around the house. He also has some dark magic skills that he tries to keep hidden from others.

Personality:
Jack spends most of his free time reading books on magic and experimenting with his own magical abilities, trying to improve them. He tends to be quiet and reserved, rarely speaking unless spoken to. But when he does speak, his words are often warm and sweet. He always tries to help the others whenever he can, though sometimes he can hurt more than he helps.

Occasionally, Jack will "malfunction" in a sense, saying and doing nonsense things, spinning in circles, in general acting very odd and undignified. He's completely useless at accomplishing tasks in this state. There doesn't seem to be a way to cure him of this while it's happening, but he always snaps back to his old self within an hour or two. He only remembers snippets of what happens when in this state. He privately worries this is demonic possession of some kind, a consequence for messing with dark magic.

Rapport:
Jack was quite well-liked with the Master, the Mistress, and the Young Master. Jack loved all of them, but especially enjoyed the company of the Young Master. He was always a bit shy of the Mistress, who seemed to be wary of him after the first few times he started "malfunctioning".

Jack also generally enjoys the company of the other Dolls, and hopes they like him back.

Image:
(drew it myself! let me know if the look of this character doesn't fit the RP lol, I draw pretty fast so it's not a massive loss if I can't use this design)
jack doll.png

ungulatehoof ungulatehoof I love him!! Although my initial thoughts where that everyone would be ball jointed dolls or clockwork dolls, I love the idea of some being more ragged then others, and made of other materials. It makes more sense that‘s just a housekeeper would look much different compared to the Head Maid or Head Butler.

Name: Aries

Work Station: Librarian

Magical Ability: Aries has a seemingly perfect recall of the whereabouts of any given book or other item in the library, as well as some telekinesis on the side for organizing and retrieving things.

Personality: Aries is aggressively type A, always hypervigilant and no-nonsense when it comes to his assigned post. He tries to maintain an air of professionalism, but can become childish when people don't take him seriously. Aries also has a soft spot for his fellow bookworms. Doesn't leave the library often, as he's clumsy and prone to getting lost when he can't rely on his enhanced spatial awareness.

Rapport: Generally regarded as a massive anti-fun stick in the mud. He used to be more pleasant when the Master and his family were around, but has defaulted to focusing on his duties without their company.

Image: Later

Aww, you beat me to making the librarian. Too bad. S'okay though, I have a ton of other ideas, and none of the ones I've pitched so far are really librarian-exclusive anyway!

Hmm, maintenance doll, gardener, or matronly head maid? I also have a deep-seated love of Combat Butlers, so that is likewise an option. This is the problem with being willing to play almost anything--it's darn tricky to narrow down my choices! Anybody have any opinions or things they think would be cool to see? Getting outside feedback sometimes helps me make decisions without agonizing over every little detail for endless ages.

NAME.
Mephistopheles, after German folklore. Affectionately nicknamed Tophy by the Young Master, but he insists that everyone else calls him Lee, if not by his full name. He may sometimes answer to Mephisto.

AGE.
At the elderly age of ten, Mephistopheles is practically obsolete. He creaks whenever he walks and generally needs a lot of upkeep. The years have been harsh on him.

WORK STATION.
As the manor's Head Butler, Mephistopheles is expected to manage all of the household's unpredicted needs and requests. He, along with the Head Maid, organizes the staff schedule and at one time, helped train the majority of the staff. Lee also handles most budgeting, administrative, and security issues, i.e. stocking inventory, patrolling the property, and checking in on fellow staff. More specifically, he attends to the maintenance of the house's artwork, antiques, and silverware, and before the curse, he would assist in planning and hosting events and often acted in the place of a valet: waiting upon and accompanying the Master of the manor.

APPEARANCE.
Just inches above six feet, Mephistopheles stands tall with a long, lanky body and gangly legs. His broad shoulders and wide arm-span give him a willowy stature, though he's made of pale aspen wood. His body and face are covered in various knicks and scratches from years of wear-and-tear and constant work, and his eyes, with small grey irises, have since dulled and lost their original shine. Lee wears oval-shaped, frameless silver glasses to correct his poor vision, but he loses them often, sometimes on his own head. His eyebrows are straight and well-maintained since he firmly believes that the appearance of the servants reflects on the house's Master, but his ash-blonde hair, finished with black tips, is wildly swept outwards and is frankly untameable. He believes he makes up for it with his neat attire: a formal sack suit with a simple studded dress shirt; a standing wingtip collar and bowtie; a dark grey vest; fitted trousers; a black waistcoat; and frequently changed pristinely white gloves.

PERSONALITY.
Ever the perfect butler, Mephistopheles does all he can to obey the orders given unto him and always attempts to accomplish his many tasks with ease and grace. Yet, he's far from the perfect friend and or superior. Lee is a radical perfectionist with unrealistic standards, and while this has given him the determination necessary to excel at what he does, it often puts a strain on his relationships. He's very critical not only towards himself but also towards others, and he has little patience for those who don't share his work ethic. Not once since his creation, however, has Mephistopheles ever raised his voice. Grumpy disposition aside, Lee usually appears disturbingly calm and collected, almost emotionless. His intimidating and strict demeanor demands respect, but internally, he's very, very stressed.

In the past, there was only one person who had been able to get him to smile, and that was the ailing Young Master. Mephistopheles shared a love of fantastical stories with the boy and even now, will read to him before his nightly patrol. Personally, he prefers reading classical literature and will occasionally try to sneak one of the romance novels from the library. Lee would never admit it, but his all-time favorite book is Pride and Prejudice. He thinks of himself as an Elizabeth Bennet when in actuality, he's more of a Mr. Darcy: uncomfortable sharing his emotions and affections with others and often justly seen as prideful for his haughty reserve. He's very anti-PDA, as well.

Appearances aside, Mephistopheles genuinely cares about the wellbeing of his fellow staff. He's a worrywart and has a skill for noticing small differences in behavior, even with his poor eyesight, and thus, is prone to checking up on others whether they're aware of it or not. Lee shows his compassion through small gestures, like giving someone fewer chores for the day. On rare occasions, he may even find it within himself to acknowledge their hard work and give praise.

Mephistopheles thoroughly enjoys his early morning patrols around the property lines and is keen on bird-watching in particular. He also likes drinking herbal teas and has an obsession with shortbread biscuits.

RAPPORT.
As one of the manor's remaining authority figures, Mephistopheles is either admired or hated but in almost all cases, is still well-respected. He isn't necessarily close to any of his fellow dolls, at least not in a friendly manner, and isn't romantically involved with anyone either.
(this can change, wink wink!)

Mephistopheles harbors great respect for the manor's Master but at the same time, has complex feelings towards him. He has atychiphobia, a fear of failure, and is scared that if he doesn't do his job properly, he'll be considered useless and may even be destroyed. He fears the same might happen to his fellow staff, and that's one of many reasons he's so demanding of them, though he would never admit it. Thus, he's very careful around the Master. At the same time, he pities the Master for what he's gone through, having lost his wife and slowly losing his child to the same curse.

He and the Late Mistress were surprisingly close. The Late Mistress was the person who got him interested in Pride and Prejudice, and he has her copy tucked away in his pocket dimension! Lee didn't seem too affected by her death, but this is far from the truth.

Mephistopheles adores the Young Master and watches over him as if he was his own.

ABILITY.
Teleportation!
Mephistopheles distorts the spatial dimensions around himself to teleport, or shortcut as he calls it, to a specific area. He can transport objects and people with him via touch, and anyone unversed with the sensation of teleportation may experience nausea and motion sickness. Lee, however, can only travel to places he can imagine clearly, e.g. somewhere he's been before, like around the manor and property or a place within his view. If he were to lose or break his glasses, since he doesn’t have any extra pairs, his ability would be severely limited.

By using his ability, Lee first teleports to a way-point, a pocket dimension aptly referred to as The Void, in which he can store objects and people, before arriving at the desired location. This is an instantaneous action, although time in The Void feels much longer. Anyone kept in the dimension for an extended period of time may experience a form of amnesia, and if he, specifically, overstays his welcome, he may forget how to teleport out. Objects left stationary for too long tend to disappear completely, and Lee has no clue as to where they go. He's lost a lot of items because of it. Thus, neither person nor thing can withstand The Void forever.

Mephistopheles hides spare cutlery, like butter knives and forks, extra gloves both silk and cotton, tool kits, cleaning supplies, and other keepsakes and necessities in The Void.

EXTRA.
quotes that inspired his personality!
“If anything happened to the Young Master, I’d kill everyone in this room and then myself.”

"If I didn’t know any better, I’d think you were doing this on purpose!”
“Do you?”
“What?”
“Know better?”

“Please save me! I’ll do anything for you!”
“Then perish.”

“I can’t believe we’re stuck in this room together.”
[swallowing the key, suffocating, face turned purple] “truly unfortunate.”

“We’re so in sync that we finish each other’s-"
“Sentences!”
“Please, don’t interrupt me.”

"I don't feel comfortable in large groups of people."
"What would you consider a large group?"
"Anyone more than me."

"Can you pass me the monster opener?"
[stares blankly.]
"Can you please pass me the monster opener?"
"Of course."
"Did you just call a knife a monster opener?"
"Was I not suppose to?"
"It's what they do."

“Why would you give a knife to a child?”
“The Young Master felt unsafe.”
“Now I feel unsafe!”
“I’m truly sorry. Would you like a knife?”

"I made you a friendship bracelet!"
"I'm not a jewelry person."
"You don't have to wear it if you don't want-"
"I'm wearing it forever. Back off."

“The mouth is the root of all misfortune, so please stop talking.”

[completely deadpan] “I’m enraged. This is the maddest I’ve ever been.”

“You look stressed!”
“Thank you, perhaps it’s the stress.”

“I’m an idiot…”
“If you’re waiting for me to disagree, this is going to be a long night.”

“I made a mistake. Now, are you going to help me fix it, or are you going to continue to berate me?”
“I am perfectly capable of doing both at the same time.”

“It’s the most fun day of the year, something you wouldn’t understand because you weren’t programmed to feel joy.”
“Yes, but my software is due for an exuberance upgrade.”

"Wow, clearly he has this all planned out!"
'oh dear, this is horrible. i don't have a plan.'

name.

Mephistopheles, after German folklore. Affectionately nicknamed Tophy by the Young Master, but he insists that everyone else calls him Lee, if not by his full name. He may sometimes answer to Mephisto.

age.

At the elderly age of ten, Mephistopheles is practically obsolete. He creaks whenever he walks and generally needs a lot of upkeep. The years have been harsh on him.

work station.

As the manor's Head Butler, Mephistopheles is expected to manage all of the household's unpredicted needs and requests. He, along with the Head Maid, organizes the staff schedule and at one time, helped train the majority of the staff. Lee also handles most budgeting, administrative, and security issues, i.e. stocking inventory, patrolling the property, and checking in on fellow staff. More specifically, he attends to the maintenance of the house's artwork, antiques, and silverware, and before the curse, he would assist in planning and hosting events and often acted in the place of a valet: waiting upon and accompanying the Master of the manor.

appearance.

Just inches above six feet, Mephistopheles stands tall with a long, lanky body and gangly legs. His broad shoulders and wide arm-span give him a willowy stature, though he's made of pale aspen wood. His body and face are covered in various knicks and scratches from years of wear-and-tear and constant work, and his eyes, with small grey irises, have since dulled and lost their original shine. Lee wears oval-shaped, frameless silver glasses to correct his poor vision, but he loses them often, sometimes on his own head. His eyebrows are straight and well-maintained since he firmly believes that the appearance of the servants reflects on the house's Master, but his ash-blonde hair, finished with black tips, is wildly swept outwards and is frankly untameable. He believes he makes up for it with his neat attire: a formal sack suit with a simple studded dress shirt; a standing wingtip collar and bowtie; a dark grey vest; fitted trousers; a black waistcoat; and frequently changed pristinely white gloves.

personality.

Ever the perfect butler, Mephistopheles does all he can to obey the orders given unto him and always attempts to accomplish his many tasks with ease and grace. Yet, he's far from the perfect friend and or superior. Lee is a radical perfectionist with unrealistic standards, and while this has given him the determination necessary to excel at what he does, it often puts a strain on his relationships. He's very critical not only towards himself but also towards others, and he has little patience for those who don't share his work ethic. Not once since his creation, however, has Mephistopheles ever raised his voice. Grumpy disposition aside, Lee usually appears disturbingly calm and collected, almost emotionless. His intimidating and strict demeanor demands respect, but internally, he's very, very stressed.

In the past, there was only one person who had been able to get him to smile, and that was the ailing Young Master. Mephistopheles shared a love of fantastical stories with the boy and even now, will read to him before his nightly patrol. Personally, he prefers reading classical literature and will occasionally try to sneak one of the romance novels from the library. Lee would never admit it, but his all-time favorite book is Pride and Prejudice. He thinks of himself as an Elizabeth Bennet when in actuality, he's more of a Mr. Darcy: uncomfortable sharing his emotions and affections with others and often justly seen as prideful for his haughty reserve. He's very anti-PDA, as well.

Appearances aside, Mephistopheles genuinely cares about the wellbeing of his fellow staff. He's a worrywart and has a skill for noticing small differences in behavior, even with his poor eyesight, and thus, is prone to checking up on others whether they're aware of it or not. Lee shows his compassion through small gestures, like giving someone fewer chores for the day. On rare occasions, he may even find it within himself to acknowledge their hard work and give praise.

Mephistopheles thoroughly enjoys his early morning patrols around the property lines and is keen on bird-watching in particular. He also likes drinking herbal teas and has an obsession with shortbread biscuits.

rapport.

As one of the manor's remaining authority figures, Mephistopheles is either admired or hated but in almost all cases, is still well-respected. He isn't necessarily close to any of his fellow dolls, at least not in a friendly manner, and isn't romantically involved with anyone either.
(this can change, wink wink!)

Mephistopheles harbors great respect for the manor's Master but at the same time, has complex feelings towards him. He has atychiphobia, a fear of failure, and is scared that if he doesn't do his job properly, he'll be considered useless and may even be destroyed. He fears the same might happen to his fellow staff, and that's one of many reasons he's so demanding of them, though he would never admit it. Thus, he's very careful around the Master. At the same time, he pities the Master for what he's gone through, having lost his wife and slowly losing his child to the same curse.

He and the Late Mistress were surprisingly close. The Late Mistress was the person who got him interested in Pride and Prejudice, and he has her copy tucked away in his pocket dimension! Lee didn't seem too affected by her death, but this is far from the truth.

Mephistopheles adores the Young Master and watches over him as if he was his own.

ability.

Teleportation!
Mephistopheles distorts the spatial dimensions around himself to teleport, or shortcut as he calls it, to a specific area. He can transport objects and people with him via touch, and anyone unversed with the sensation of teleportation may experience nausea and motion sickness. Lee, however, can only travel to places he can imagine clearly, e.g. somewhere he's been before, like around the manor and property or a place within his view. If he were to lose or break his glasses, since he doesn’t have any extra pairs, his ability would be severely limited.

By using his ability, Lee first teleports to a way-point, a pocket dimension aptly referred to as The Void, in which he can store objects and people, before arriving at the desired location. This is an instantaneous action, although time in The Void feels much longer. Anyone kept in the dimension for an extended period of time may experience a form of amnesia, and if he, specifically, overstays his welcome, he may forget how to teleport out. Objects left stationary for too long tend to disappear completely, and Lee has no clue as to where they go. He's lost a lot of items because of it. Thus, neither person nor thing can withstand The Void forever.

Mephistopheles hides spare cutlery, like butter knives and forks, extra gloves both silk and cotton, tool kits, cleaning supplies, and other keepsakes and necessities in The Void.

extra.

quotes that inspired his personality!
“If anything happened to the Young Master, I’d kill everyone in this room and then myself.”

"If I didn’t know any better, I’d think you were doing this on purpose!”
“Do you?”
“What?”
“Know better?”

“Please save me! I’ll do anything for you!”
“Then perish.”

“I can’t believe we’re stuck in this room together.”
[swallowing the key, suffocating, face turned purple] “truly unfortunate.”

“We’re so in sync that we finish each other’s-"
“Sentences!”
“Please, don’t interrupt me.”

"I don't feel comfortable in large groups of people."
"What would you consider a large group?"
"Anyone more than me."

"Can you pass me the monster opener?"
[stares blankly.]
"Can you please pass me the monster opener?"
"Of course."
"Did you just call a knife a monster opener?"
"Was I not suppose to?"
"It's what they do."

“Why would you give a knife to a child?”
“The Young Master felt unsafe.”
“Now I feel unsafe!”
“I’m truly sorry. Would you like a knife?”

"I made you a friendship bracelet!"
"I'm not a jewelry person."
"You don't have to wear it if you don't want-"
"I'm wearing it forever. Back off."

“They say the mouth is the root of all misfortune. So, please, stop talking.”

[completely deadpan] “I’m enraged. This is the maddest I’ve ever been.”

“You look stressed!”
“Thank you, perhaps it’s the stress.”

“I’m such an idiot…”
“If you’re waiting for me to disagree, this is going to be a long night.”

“I made a mistake. Now, are you going to help me fix it, or are you going to continue to berate me?”
“I am perfectly capable of doing both at the same time.”

“It’s the most fun day of the year, something you wouldn’t understand because you weren’t programmed to feel joy.”
“Yes, but my software is due for an exuberance upgrade.”

"Wow, clearly he has this all planned out!"
'oh dear, this is horrible. i don't have a plan.'
coded by incandescent.

Last edited:
Aww, you beat me to making the librarian. Too bad. S'okay though, I have a ton of other ideas, and none of the ones I've pitched so far are really librarian-exclusive anyway!

Hmm, maintenance doll, gardener, or matronly head maid? I also have a deep-seated love of Combat Butlers, so that is likewise an option. This is the problem with being willing to play almost anything--it's darn tricky to narrow down my choices! Anybody have any opinions or things they think would be cool to see? Getting outside feedback sometimes helps me make decisions without agonizing over every little detail for endless ages.
I don't mind being one librarian of a pair, but if you don't want to do that, some other ideas I had included an astronomer doll who was put to the task of reading the stars in the observatory, (possibly to predict the future) a healer-type who repairs the other dolls, or a host doll of some sort who assists people who show up at the mansion and keeps them out of trouble.

oof, that's way too long!! I'll try to use some code to compartmentalize it.

Urzamax Urzamax if you're in need of some ideas, I had a few I scrapped!

Valefar Valefar Heavens no, my trouble is that I'm positively overflowing with ideas and can't choose between them! Though I do thank you for the offer.

SP3CT3R SP3CT3R No worries, you taking on that role just means that I can cross it off of my list and have a slightly easier time of figuring out which of the remaining ones I wish to play. Right now I'm leaning towards something like the healer doll you suggested, though I think her main duty would be repairing the house, and patching up the others is just something she wound up doing because she has the skills for it and they needed her help during the course of their endless vigil.

Finished up my character sheet! I don't think the code is mobile-friendly, but without the code, it's like, super long. I can probably put the full, non-coded version in the post as a spoiler if anyone needs me to!

Otherwise, if y'all have comments, suggestions, ideas, whatever, please let me know. And, WickedWitch WickedWitch , if there's anything that needs to change, also please let me know : )

Name: Gladiola

Age: 10, Though her original manufacturing goes back much farther. She's made mostly of components of the first Doll that the Master created, which goes even farther back than Pareidolia Manor itself, when The Master was a simple magician. She retains much of those original memories.

Work Station: The Head Maid, she supervises all of the Other Dolls. She uses her threads to keep track of just about everything, including everyone else's moods and habits.

Magical Ability: Able to create very strong threads from her fingertips. She can create an unlimited amount of them, though the more she makes, the thinner and more breakable they become. She can use them to manipulate objects like a puppet master, and bind objects together. When the manor was visited by guests, she would use invisible threads to entertain guests by making objects appear to be floating.

Personality: In a word, enigmatic. Despite being sentient for the longest amount of time, it is the hardest for her to showcase her personality. She can smile, and laugh, but these things feel stilted. On the outside, she appears in control to the point of rigidness or haughtiness, but she's a mess at all times. If she sees even the slightest thing out of place, her mind will hyperfocus on it until it is fixed. Despite her neurotic tendencies, she's also quite the daydreamer. She fantasizes about falling in love like a human, about seeing the Young Master smile and laugh when he wakes up, and about being a true living being. All of these things are quite out of reach, and so they will stay fantasies.

Rapport: As the former personal companion of the family before the rest of the Dolls were built, she cares deeply for the family. She holds a particularly love for the Young Master, who she holds up as a pillar of innocence and humanity. She holds up the entire host family on an unreachable pedastal, her devotion would be terrifying if she hadn't been precisely manufactured for it. As for her feelings towards the other dolls, they are more...complicated. Her demeanor and abilities can come off as very...well, creepy. She loves her fellow dolls, and endeavors to show her affection in any way she can, both physical and verbal. Her affections can also come off as patronizing, and this has culminated in her being more feared and respected than loved like she wants. She has a special pet name for each of her fellow dolls, and will not use your real name, no matter how much you request her to.

Image:
Gladiola.png

Okay, I think I've got something nailed down now, though the exact details will have to wait until morning when I am not so terribly sleep-deprived. Out of curiosity, how long has it been since the Master left? I'm considering making my repair doll very young, possibly just a few weeks or months old depending on when the Master departed.

Finished up my character sheet! I don't think the code is mobile-friendly, but without the code, it's like, super long. I can probably put the full, non-coded version in the post as a spoiler if anyone needs me to!
Can you do that? I'm a mobile user.

Okay, I think I've got something nailed down now, though the exact details will have to wait until morning when I am not so terribly sleep-deprived. Out of curiosity, how long has it been since the Master left? I'm considering making my repair doll very young, possibly just a few weeks or months old depending on when the Master departed.

That should be possible, as Gladiola has the ability to create new Dolls!

While we’re putting finishing touches on our characters, I’d like to know; how would you guys feel I decided to make this into a dice campaign, rather than a just a roleplay? Just an idea, to make events a little suspenseful. It’d be a very simple system, and you wouldn’t have to adjust your characters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back