• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Paranormania: The Uncanny Valley

Snackofthefuture

A lil Woozy right now
Roleplay Availability
Hey guys I'm looking for 1 or 2 good writers to help me create a story in this world I've created, If you're interested just post saying you're interested along with a sample of your writing and then after I check it ill send you a link to whatever we're using for the RP, I'm good with Discord but I've also figured out RPnation so we can use either.
I'm looking for good writers who can write a couple of paragraphs decently and with good grammar while also being original.
I'm open to other RPs as well though so if you wanna do something different I am definitely down.

What is reality?

A world filled with monsters and paranormal entities.

That is reality.

The paranormal existing is common knowledge in this day and age, having come to the forefront of the world stage several decades back. Companies like private military/bounty hunter type organizations have since sprung up to fight the hostile entities and terrorist organizations of the world that came about from the supernatural revelation.

This story focuses on an up and coming company (Paranormania Hunting co.) with a bunch of fresh good talent raring to get at the evils of the world.
The company itself has been active for several months already tracking down individuals, artifacts and criminals throughout the megacity.
The first job is set as tracking down a bioengineering cult intent on pursuing designs of some sinister nature.

Of course, not all these companies are as friendly as Paranormania and many are often hired out as soldiers or security by those with less-than-noble-intentions seeking to meddle in the supernatural.

Welcome to TUNE, the starting point of many journeys. 583351
TUNE is an old city, a city steeped in dark magic and lies; deceit and betrayal run this metropolis along with the more corporeal occasional cult and the demon-sponsored gang. With a size beating almost all others, TUNE is one of the largest cities on the planet covering thousands of kilometers with towers stretching far up into the clouds.

The city thrummed with its usual hectic energy, chaotic and busy with an undertone of fearful awe. The yellow glow of the countless lights lit up the city and the sky respectively. Tune never slept and it was doubted it ever truly would, similar to many of its more obscure inhabitants. Countless peoples and species raced around and interacted in the bright streets: wendigos, poltergeists and lizard people to name a small few.

A man stepped from the light of the lampost into the darkness of the night, on his way from the pub to his apartment unit. Something stepped out with him.

The child stared into the puddle of black liquid she'd discovered. Reaching a finger towards it, she gasped as the digit touched the surface.
Gulping down another mouthful, the disheveled man glanced up from his meal for a second to peer into the subway darkness. For some reason, he felt glad he'd been so absorbed in eating.

Things are happening in the city and many plans are coming to fruition soon, stop the right ones.

Last edited:
Interested Snackofthefuture Snackofthefuture

Original writing sample:

As the sun set upon the landscape of both Cliffside rock and forest, A lone hunter stood staring out into the sky. The long tails of his overcoat flowing in the wind along with his large scarf which covered most of his face. A calm was set across the terrain as the man stood just gazing upon the day now leaving and the night to come. His boots very scuffed and his long bow cracked from use. His long sword set in its frauc, covered with several Celtics etchings. The panting of a wolf could be heard as the creature slowly came to sit beside him. Looking up to the man with a happy gruff sound. Looking down to his familiar slightly, the man gave a slight smile under his scarf before kneeling down to scratch the creatures ear.

"Night is coming my friend." He spoke in a rough voice as he scratched the pups ear. However as he did so, the hunter listened as a low rumble could be heard from infront of the two. Gripping his bow gently, the hunter notched an arrow in the blink of an eye. Prepared to fire. "Heaven or Hell?!"

Interested Snackofthefuture Snackofthefuture

Original writing sample:

As the sun set upon the landscape of both Cliffside rock and forest, A lone hunter stood staring out into the sky. The long tails of his overcoat flowing in the wind along with his large scarf which covered most of his face. A calm was set across the terrain as the man stood just gazing upon the day now leaving and the night to come. His boots very scuffed and his long bow cracked from use. His long sword set in its frauc, covered with several Celtics etchings. The panting of a wolf could be heard as the creature slowly came to sit beside him. Looking up to the man with a happy gruff sound. Looking down to his familiar slightly, the man gave a slight smile under his scarf before kneeling down to scratch the creatures ear.

"Night is coming my friend." He spoke in a rough voice as he scratched the pups ear. However as he did so, the hunter listened as a low rumble could be heard from infront of the two. Gripping his bow gently, the hunter notched an arrow in the blink of an eye. Prepared to fire. "Heaven or Hell?!"
Ill PM you in a second, were you wanting to do the RP I mentioned or create a new one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back