• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Paranormania Hunting Co. Exterminating monsters and Urban legends with a smile :)

Snackofthefuture

A lil Woozy right now
Roleplay Availability
Ill start with the idea I guess just to let you all know what I have so far

[IMG='width:570px;']https://mir-s3-cdn-cf.behance.net/project_modules/disp/ab18b145419959.582ffc6a206fb.jpg[/IMG]
A Modern world with monsters, vampires, werewolves, and other paranormal entities of your choosing.
The paranormal actually existing is common knowledge having come to the forefront of the world stage several decades back. Companies sorta like private military/bounty hunter type organizations have been set up to fight hostile entities and terrorist organizations.

The story focuses on an up and coming company with a bunch of fresh good talent (you) They fight with magic, swords/melee weapons/guns, and all the sorts of other crazy contraptions that you come up with.
There are many, many abilities that exist in the world with multiple being offered at our offices, such as Bonding- There are two types of bonding, one good, and the other not so much, Demons are chill to bond with but Daemons will fuck your shit up. (bonding with a daemon is like taboo, bonding with a demon is chill so long as you have a license). Bonding with these creatures is quite similar to bonding with spirits and grants powerful abilities to those strong enough to wield them.

Spirits are also a thing being normally humanoid half-human like creatures. Their host grants them an anchor to this world and they Grant their host powers. For example, a siren-based spirit would Grant their human the power to control people through song. What people consider dangerous about spirits is that a spirit and human can 'fuse', which creates an extremely powerful and destructive creature. Of course, the human and spirit can unfuse. If the bond between a human and spirit isn't strong enough or the fusion is done incorrectly, something goes wrong, ECT, then the fusion becomes more like a monster with no emotions. They are power hungry and it corrupts the mind of both the spirit and the human. Fusions are hard to get perfect, so they have remained a rarity in the world.

Not that many positions are available, about 12 left at our office, apply today and discover your dream job!

Hey, what's up guys, just a bit about me so you know what to expect for the most part.
I write a decent amount so I can make detailed decent posts, though because of that Ill expect decent detailed posts.
(Five sentences at the least describing what's going on in the world and with the character, so basically paragraph length)
In my partners, I'm looking for people who can use proper grammar and write decent length posts all the while staying creative and original.
I prefer mixing genres a lot when it comes to storylines as I feel it's too limiting to just call something "Fantasy" or "Sci-Fi" I like having multiple characters so I'm looking for people who do that sorta thing as well, though it is absolutely A-okay if you just wanna have one character.
My preferred single genres are Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Adventure and Romance though It's better to mix em up and focus on an all-around approach to the RP I think.​

Last edited:
You have my interest :bishiesparklesr:

Taken from a previous RP (Character was Rubin Pax, Apprentice Cupid)

Rain always left behind the most enjoyable scent, wet earth and cold water filling his morning. School would be fun, and he knew the possible dangers of disaster was just around the corner but Rubin was always a 'live while you can' type of person, so this morning he would enjoy the peaceful ambiance. He wanted to get here a bit earlier but making lunch took a bit longer than he wanted to admit, ingredients having been moved from previous events.

He was humming a silent tune, watching as puddles formed and the grass getting wet. The entrance of the school was getting into sight and Rubin quickly turned his sights to what was in front of him. The small figure sitting at the edge of the beautiful fountain that decorated the front of the school. Ah, but this was someone Rubin shouldnt get involved with. It was like seeing someone you think might be in the mafia but your not sure, just act as if nothing was happening. He wanted this year to be a peaceful year, with Hendel threatening to cut her hand open for the purpose of science, he had enough on his plate. Maybe he would head to the library? It would be a better pass time than just sitting and waiting for the storm to hit.

Last edited:
Woah. Cookie for you, glen coco.
Just signed up for this RP platform and I already see what I like.
I'm definitely interested and on board for this.
Excellent, glad to have you, Could I get a sample of your writing?

I'm Interested!

From a previous roleplay: The character is Alexander Rotinya, the Master of Security.

Before Hector left Alexander gave a short bow in respect. "It was a pleasure speaking with you my lord." Alexander could tell that Hector was still struggling after today's activities, but at least now he knew that the prince was safe within the castle walls. Alexander smiled as he watched the prince return to the castle to get ready for dinner before he took another look down at his watch. It was about time for dinner and he doubted any of the other royal children would still be out and about. They would be getting ready to finish their day by sitting with the rest of their family for a meal, a pleasant thought for most commoners, but only if it was such a way with the royal family as well. Of course, not all of the royal family dinners were bad or troublesome, but on a day like today, Alexander stood on edge, ready for anything.

Alexander gave a soft sigh as he looked around at the wonderful colors of the garden once more. The sun would soon be setting and the flowers would soon be closing for the night. He smirked, seeing such beauty, then turned toward the castle and slowly made his way inside. The walk to the dining room was short and quiet, that didn't seem quite right. He stopped outside the dining hall for only a brief second, It was quiet, or at least he thought it was till he opened the door and walked inside. Alexander smile faded some before reappearing. His eyes looking at who was already at the table, surprised it wasn't the king and queen who had gotten to dinner first, but some of the royal children.

This was a bit unexpected, but the argument he had accidentally walked into was. He paused, trying to figure out what everyone was fighting about, but honestly, it was none of his business so he didn't listen in for very long. He let his gaze fall slowly on each of the royal family, giving a kind smile and bowing his head in the greatest of respects before making his way over to one of the far walls of the room to keep watch over the dining room as he waited for the rest of the royal family to gather in.

So should we do a character and bio in here? Or should we just wait till everyone gets here? :)
Wait until we have everyone, then we'll figure out if we're doing this in Discord or on here
I'm much better with Discord so Id use that but if someone here can help me set something up in RPnation then we'll go with that
You can ask questions about lore, characters, weapons, and abilities here while you're waiting though

Heres the Character Sheet for anyone who wants to start on their character
Name: (What's your character's name?)
Aliases: (Does your character have any other names, titles, etc., that they are known by?)
Species: (Most any race is available, if its a bit out there, check with me first)
Appearance: (You can either post a picture, or provide a written description. A picture/description of your character's armor is necessary; a picture/description of what's under the armor is not.)
Role: (What part does your character play in the world? The Dedicated Peacemaker or the Malevolent Lord? Roles should consist of a verb and a noun like a Tarot Card of sorts and should slightly play into your character)
Personality: (Here's where things get a little more involved. What is your character like? Are they rough and tough, or kind and gentle?)
Motivation: (What drives your character in the world?)
Weapon: (Something to defend yourself with is absolutely necessary as this world is nowhere near kind)
Equipment: (what assorted bric-a-brac does your character carry?)
Bio: (When making your character's bio leave things a little shady so as to reveal more of it in the RP)
Theme: (a song to help define your character)

Sure, I'd like to join. Can I PM you a writing sample or do I have to write it here?
Also, will there be seperate threads for OOC and character sheets?

Sure, I'd like to join. Can I PM you a writing sample or do I have to write it here?
Also, will there be seperate threads for OOC and character sheets?
Either way is good
Idk how to make those so if you could show me then yes
If we cant get those then it will probably be a discord RP

You need to know how to make OOC/Character threads? Just go to the Extra Pages section of the RP subforum and make 2 threads.

Title one "Paranormal Hunting Co. OOC" and, if you feel fancy, use threadmarks to link back to the main RP page and the CS page. Otherwise just put the links to those threads in the body of the thread for easy access.

Title the other "Paranormal Hunting Co. CS" (or another identifiable title, just an example) and link back to the other threads like in the OOC! Also, it's a good idea to put your rules and preferences for character creation and what info you want us to put in our character sheets. They can be as vague or specific as you want, really, but use good judgement (like you did above).

You don't need to link to the interest check in either thread, but please provide the link to one/either pages here so we can easily find them c:

I'll have a writing sample sent shortly!

You need to know how to make OOC/Character threads? Just go to the Extra Pages section of the RP subforum and make 2 threads.

Title one "Paranormal Hunting Co. OOC" and, if you feel fancy, use threadmarks to link back to the main RP page and the CS page. Otherwise just put the links to those threads in the body of the thread for easy access.

Title the other "Paranormal Hunting Co. CS" (or another identifiable title, just an example) and link back to the other threads like in the OOC! Also, it's a good idea to put your rules and preferences for character creation and what info you want us to put in our character sheets. They can be as vague or specific as you want, really, but use good judgement (like you did above).

You don't need to link to the interest check in either thread, but please provide the link to one/either pages here so we can easily find them c:

I'll have a writing sample sent shortly!
Thanks a million, I really appreciate you explaining that to me cuz until now I didn't know how to work this site at all really
Cant wait to see your sample!

Interested.

Zack was at the back end of his cell playing around with a bit of his magic creating small balls of fire to light up the dark cage he has lived in for the past few weeks. The cackles of madmen and cursing of criminals echoed throughout most of the jail, these distant sounds had slowly eaten at him. He was barely holding on to a thread of sanity before he got lucky and convinced the guards that he could be sent to help in some kind of adventure or quest set up by the royal family.

Zack had realized he didn’t really know what this “adventure” was all about but to him it sounded like it was probably just some propaganda meant to make the kingdom look great and honorable and give a few people the opportunity to become famous and heroic. Of course there was always the possibility that the kingdom just needed something simple done, though that wouldn’t explain the specific need for “warriors.” His mind wandered and began thinking about the outside world, one that he had missed dearly despite only having spent a few weeks in jail. It was just too tantalizingly close as all he had to do was wait for the guard that would open his cell and let him go a free man. Zack gave a small chuckle after realizing how skewed his definition of freedom had become, to think he’d have to serve royalty to be free.

Suddenly a voice came from nowhere “How ironic it is that the criminal has become the hero, it’s almost poetic really.” A figure appeared Zack looked over to it, they were child like with jet black hair, purple eyes, and a cloak. “Come on Zack why don’t you just burn down this place and walk on out of here?” It’s voice was almost child like, but carried a strange tone that would make most others uncomfortable and maybe even scared, but Zack was unaffected and replied, “That’s a good question, one that I asked myself a good number of times while I stayed here. I still don’t have an answer for why I didn’t do it before but now I’ve given myself this mark that stops me for the most part.”

“You can’t fool me I know you could take away that mark if you wanted to and most wouldn’t even notice.” Zack was caught a bit off guard by his knowledge of this but quickly came up with something to say, “Well Lathos if you know that much than you should also know that there is a little part of me that wants to make up for what I did all those years ago and let go of all the grief that hangs over my head. If that means working with others and royalty to do some heroic acts then so be it.” They both laughed a little to try and ease some tension and forget their faults, but eventually Zack grew silent and Lathos disappeared.

Interested.

Zack was at the back end of his cell playing around with a bit of his magic creating small balls of fire to light up the dark cage he has lived in for the past few weeks. The cackles of madmen and cursing of criminals echoed throughout most of the jail, these distant sounds had slowly eaten at him. He was barely holding on to a thread of sanity before he got lucky and convinced the guards that he could be sent to help in some kind of adventure or quest set up by the royal family.

Zack had realized he didn’t really know what this “adventure” was all about but to him it sounded like it was probably just some propaganda meant to make the kingdom look great and honorable and give a few people the opportunity to become famous and heroic. Of course there was always the possibility that the kingdom just needed something simple done, though that wouldn’t explain the specific need for “warriors.” His mind wandered and began thinking about the outside world, one that he had missed dearly despite only having spent a few weeks in jail. It was just too tantalizingly close as all he had to do was wait for the guard that would open his cell and let him go a free man. Zack gave a small chuckle after realizing how skewed his definition of freedom had become, to think he’d have to serve royalty to be free.

Suddenly a voice came from nowhere “How ironic it is that the criminal has become the hero, it’s almost poetic really.” A figure appeared Zack looked over to it, they were child like with jet black hair, purple eyes, and a cloak. “Come on Zack why don’t you just burn down this place and walk on out of here?” It’s voice was almost child like, but carried a strange tone that would make most others uncomfortable and maybe even scared, but Zack was unaffected and replied, “That’s a good question, one that I asked myself a good number of times while I stayed here. I still don’t have an answer for why I didn’t do it before but now I’ve given myself this mark that stops me for the most part.”

“You can’t fool me I know you could take away that mark if you wanted to and most wouldn’t even notice.” Zack was caught a bit off guard by his knowledge of this but quickly came up with something to say, “Well Lathos if you know that much than you should also know that there is a little part of me that wants to make up for what I did all those years ago and let go of all the grief that hangs over my head. If that means working with others and royalty to do some heroic acts then so be it.” They both laughed a little to try and ease some tension and forget their faults, but eventually Zack grew silent and Lathos disappeared.
Accepted! Glad to have you!

I'm Interested!

From a previous roleplay: The character is Alexander Rotinya, the Master of Security.

Before Hector left Alexander gave a short bow in respect. "It was a pleasure speaking with you my lord." Alexander could tell that Hector was still struggling after today's activities, but at least now he knew that the prince was safe within the castle walls. Alexander smiled as he watched the prince return to the castle to get ready for dinner before he took another look down at his watch. It was about time for dinner and he doubted any of the other royal children would still be out and about. They would be getting ready to finish their day by sitting with the rest of their family for a meal, a pleasant thought for most commoners, but only if it was such a way with the royal family as well. Of course, not all of the royal family dinners were bad or troublesome, but on a day like today, Alexander stood on edge, ready for anything.

Alexander gave a soft sigh as he looked around at the wonderful colors of the garden once more. The sun would soon be setting and the flowers would soon be closing for the night. He smirked, seeing such beauty, then turned toward the castle and slowly made his way inside. The walk to the dining room was short and quiet, that didn't seem quite right. He stopped outside the dining hall for only a brief second, It was quiet, or at least he thought it was till he opened the door and walked inside. Alexander smile faded some before reappearing. His eyes looking at who was already at the table, surprised it wasn't the king and queen who had gotten to dinner first, but some of the royal children.

This was a bit unexpected, but the argument he had accidentally walked into was. He paused, trying to figure out what everyone was fighting about, but honestly, it was none of his business so he didn't listen in for very long. He let his gaze fall slowly on each of the royal family, giving a kind smile and bowing his head in the greatest of respects before making his way over to one of the far walls of the room to keep watch over the dining room as he waited for the rest of the royal family to gather in.
accepted!

You have my interest :bishiesparklesr:

Taken from a previous RP (Character was Rubin Pax, Apprentice Cupid)

Rain always left behind the most enjoyable scent, wet earth and cold water filling his morning. School would be fun, and he knew the possible dangers of disaster was just around the corner but Rubin was always a 'live while you can' type of person, so this morning he would enjoy the peaceful ambiance. He wanted to get here a bit earlier but making lunch took a bit longer than he wanted to admit, ingredients having been moved from previous events.

He was humming a silent tune, watching as puddles formed and the grass getting wet. The entrance of the school was getting into sight and Rubin quickly turned his sights to what was in front of him. The small figure sitting at the edge of the beautiful fountain that decorated the front of the school. Ah, but this was someone Rubin shouldnt get involved with. It was like seeing someone you think might be in the mafia but your not sure, just act as if nothing was happening. He wanted this year to be a peaceful year, with Hendel threatening to cut her hand open for the purpose of science, he had enough on his plate. Maybe he would head to the library? It would be a better pass time than just sitting and waiting for the storm to hit.
Accepted!

Cmon I need more people for this yoooo,
And everyone who responded needs to tell me if they're still planning on being involved

I'm actually putting my character for this on the backburner, so to speak. If you all want to start before I'm able to edit them, please start without me. I'd like to contribute to this but I'm currently swamped with other things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back