• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

NeoGlorian

Captain of the Cirrus Swimmer
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Hello everyone, I’m Neoglorian and I am once again looking for another RP after my most recent hiatus. But first, a little bit about myself; I’m 21, I’ve been RPing in all sorts of ways for pretty much my whole life, and I love world building, particularly in fantasy and steampunk settings. However, Fantasy and steampunk Roleplays are not what I’m looking for this time. The RP I’m proposing today is one of rainy nights in the big city, smoking cigars in dimly-lit offices, flickering neon lights streaming through blinds, and hard-boiled gumshoes in trench coats drinking whiskey while pouring over case files. That’s right, we’re talking classic private-eye investigator Noir! But our investigators won’t be dealing with the mundane crime of the natural world; the mysteries we’ll be tackling will be of the strange, paranormal, and supernatural variety.

The Rp will be set in around the eighties or nineties in a big American city (likely New York or Chicago) so it will more closely fit the Neo-noir genre rather than the classic 1940’s Noir. We will be playing paranormal investigators from the 'Paranormal Investigations Agency', or PIA (Title is a work in progress). How exactly our characters work with each other, whether they know each other at the start of the RP, what their ranks in the agency are, what department they work in, etc, will be up for us to determine. Essentially, our characters will be partners going around investigating various paranormal, preternatural, and supernatural phenomena.They'll be solving mysteries while developing a romance as they spend long overnight shifts together investigating. The phenomena they deal with can range from cases of Ghostly possession and murder, to insanity-fueled crimes from people who crossed paths with cosmic horrors.

What I’m looking for:

1. Someone to fill the role of the Male character. I’d like this to be a M/F romance RP and I would prefer to play the female, though I could be persuaded to play as the male instead.​
2. This RP is 18+, as it will involve crime, gore, and romance (within site guidelines, of course), and I’m not comfortable with RPIng such things with those who are under 18.​
3. Semi-lit or greater. I won’t pretend like I’m a super great writer, and I’m not expecting anyone else to be. I like my RP’s to be fun and no-stress above all, so as long as you have a good grip on English, are able to write a paragraph, and perform a double check for basic grammar and spelling, then you’re good enough for me.​
4. Someone who can play side characters when needed, as well as add to the mysteries. It can be exhausting and a bit awkward trying to do all the side characters by myself, so it would be much appreciated if my partner could share the task. Furthermore, a partner who can take initiative and add to the plot and mystery the same amount as me would be very much welcome.​
5. Bonus: Since Noir films are famous for their long and grandiose inner monologues, I think it would be fun to try and RP our own characters in First Person Past-Tense or present-tense to fit the theme more. This is totally optional, and we can always get rid of it if it doesn’t work.​
If you have any questions please feel free to comment on the thread or PM me, and if you’re interested in the RP, PM me and we can see what we can work out. I also have a personal policy of communication, and a 100% no ghosting guarantee, so you don't have to worry about me disappearing on you without notice. I look forward to hearing from you!

Peace!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back