• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Parallel Paths in a New World

Shisha Shihime#FDF5E6
"Before we leave for the manor, I suppose it wouldn't hurt to explain some things to you." Gretel pondered on what to say before proceeding cautiously. "As far as I know, there aren't really any sensitive questions he wants to ask you. It should just be the usual things. Would you like accommodations in my manor? Would you mind going to school? Would you like a job? Not everyone gets asked the same questions, but it's something every new blood goes through. There's not much to worry about. As long as you don't have any harmful intentions towards the clan, nothing bad will happen to you either."

Upon hearing that Shisha wanted to go the next night, Hansel was visibly disappointed. Gretel sighed but nodded.

"I'll have a talk to him and let him know that you want to go to the Field of Flowers before talking to him. Let's get going. You'll sleep in the manor tonight, and we can figure out your permanent residence later." After a slight pause, he said, "You can sleep with Hansel. I'll see you in the morning. I'm going back to Myo to see him."

Gretel laid his hand over Shisha's and gently pulled it from his shirt. He smirked, but it was more gentle than mocking. And then, he disappeared through the glowing yellow wall a few moments later.

"L-Let's go sleep together, p-princess!" Hansel laughed awkwardly as she stuttered. "We can, uh- We can go through the portal now. Yep! Let's go! The two of us, off we go!"

She lept through the portal. With the clack of her heels, the jingle of her bells, and the fluttering of her white scarf, Hansel landed into her bedroom. Other than the portal wall, the walls were colored ivory and a giant circular purple carpet covered the floor. Her big purple-framed bed covered with red bedsheets was placed in the middle of the room, directly in front of the double mahogany wooden doors that led into the hallways of the manor. On each side of her bed were her vanity mirror and her study desk. There was another wooden door directly opposite of the portal wall. Overall, it was neat, clean, and somewhat empty of the usual flair Hansel liked to boast.

"U-Um, this is my bedroom! Welcome! Yep, just go in through that little door over there and wash up. I..I'll be right back! Wait for me if I'm not here when you're done, okay?" Without waiting for an answer, Hansel lept backwards through the yellow portal wall and disappeared, leaving Shisha alone in Hansel's room.

Kiana the Fox Spirit
Kiana felt it when part of the scroll slipped from her hands and started to unravel. It was careless of her to wave it around like that, but she was trying to seem nonchalant about the massacre the humans incurred upon the wolves. A miscalculation on her part, she admitted. The letters of the scroll glowed green, growing in brightness with each passing second. Kiana let go of the scroll just as the disembodied voice spoke to her again.

<Acquired Speech Module: Humantongue (basic)>

Other than the voice, nothing else seemed to happen. When she looked to ground where the scroll should have been, the only traces of it were the black pieces of paper being disintegrated into nothing and the metal scroll holders. The woman spoke. Instead of hearing the usual nonsense, Kiana found that she could understand the jumble of words she could not understand before. It was a strange feeling. Everything still sounded somewhat the same, but she could understand the meaning of the sounds.

Though, she didn't understand what meathead meant. The meaning of that word was lost on her. Kiana guessed that it was because of the difference in how they expressed their emotions and because it was too much of an advanced word for a beginner language...module, which she guessed meant some sort of language package. Still, it was amazing how she could learn another language in just a few seconds. Or was it less? Kiana briefly wondered if it was instantaneous.

As the two humans were talking, she tried to get a feel of their dynamic through their conversation. She knew that the woman didn't want to talk at the moment. She wanted Kiana to talk to Ruji Jogi, and apparently, his answers to her questions can be unpredictable. Meathead was a rude term that would somehow lead her to have a bad impression of Ruji Jogi. He thought that she was incapable of language, and that somehow makes him a meathead. The conclusion she came to was that meathead meant stupid. It was a strange way of calling someone stupid. After all, no one in her clan went and called someone meat for being stupid. Perhaps having meat as a head meant that he was as stupid as an animal? Putting her temporary musings aside, she decided to make simple conversation with Ruji Jogi since she confirmed that the woman was actually the more intelligent of the two but wasn't willing to talk.

"My name is Kiana," she said. It felt odd and highly awkward speaking in Humantongue, and she was almost sure that she had an accent. "Where are we going? What is your goal?"

BASICS

• Health: 6
    Strength: 5
    Spell Power: 11
    Mana Vein: 30
    Mana Regeneration: 13
    Stamina: 6
    Stamina Recovery: 10
    Agility: 11
    Speed: (running-9 / swimming-2/ flight-0)
    Focus: 1
    Natural Armor: 11
    Senses: Vision-15, Smell-2, Touch-2, Taste-2, Hearing-4
    • [Pathway] Rank 1 (20)
      Allows you to phase through anything you like while getting to a particular destination. Speed increases fourfold due to wind resistance nullification. (max uses 3 daily)

[Kitsune Language Module] Rank 3 (2)
      Allows you to communicate fluenty in Kistune language. Lingo is automatically understood.

[Memory Recovery] Rank 1 (10)
      Allows you to recover your past life's memories as you gain more experience and level up

[Spirit Fire] Rank 3 (4)
      Creates a small fireball at the tips of your tail(s) and/or fingers that is capable of causing surface-level burns. Causes more pain than actual damage.

[Diligent Training] Rank 2 (10)
      Increases sturdiness against enemy attacks while posing in focus. Reduces exhaustion from physical training by a slight amount

[Overhear] Rank 1 (8)
      Increases hearing slightly. Able to hear more distinctly across obstacles if the people behind those obstacles are speaking in a normal tone

[class=text] width:60%; margin:0 auto; background-color:white; color:red; border:7px solid gold; text-align:center; overflow:hidden; [/class] [class=text2] background-color:black; color:rgb(35, 60, 157); border:5px dashed gold; text-align:center; border-radius:25px; overflow:hidden; [/class] [class=background] background-size:full; border-radius:25px; border:12px double darkgreen; background-image:url('https://gifimage.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/anime-forest-gif-10.gif'); background-attachment:fixed; [/class] [class=background2] background-size:100%; border-radius:25px; border:8px dashed white; background-image:url('https://i.pinimg.com/originals/fa/0c/c8/fa0cc84e82a2b3b37fa2ee69be291bf8.gif'); background-attachment:fixed; [/class] [class=bord] width:60%; margin:0 auto; border:4px dashed gold; border-radius:25px; [/class] [class=right] float:right; width:23%; border:4px double blue; [/class] [class=scroll] width: 102%; height: 500px; box-sizing: content-box; overflow-Y: scroll; overflow-X: hidden; padding:1%; [/class]

• [div class=background]

[div class=text][div class=scroll]

GM Post

The human male's look was neither one of approval nor one of amusement. He tapped his weapon on his shoulder, seeming pensative for a moment, before just giving up and fully turning to Kiana.

"Aaah, I knew you were going to spell trouble for me when you started acting all brave and stuff...and I hate spelling. My name is Ruji Jogi, and I'm the muscle of this party as you probably already guessed. Our job is...wait, you DON'T KNOW? Are you serious?! There was that whole scene with gifts and all that, and you volunteered, did your chief not even explain where you were supposed to guide us? Why in the world..." The large man sighed, letting his weapon at last rest still on the shoulder it had been bouncing on. "I guess it doesn't matter. One way or another, I doubt you can do your task without even knowing that much. Just a warning: I ain't the best at explaining stuff. Especially complicated stuff. But simple stuff too."

His gaze wandered about the mage still inspecting the crater and corpses, picking up random bits of them, poking and smelling, then on the treetops and finally to the mountain that towered above them both majestic and intimidating like a parent to a toddler. With his free hand, the warrior pointed at the mountain in question then tilted his head at Kiana.

"Right somewhere around there is our destination. Me and the great prospector here are high ranked adventurers who were hired to kill something called a "phantom beast". I don't know the details very well, but it's a kind of powerful high-level monster that showed up in the mountain and drove the other monsters down the mountain, and ate those that didn't agree to the exile, I think. So, in short, monsters have been coming down, people have been getting attacked, suddenly there are too many mouths to feed, even for monsters, which only makes there be less food for everyone and monsters turn more aggressive, us adventurers get called in... blah blah blah. I'm sure you know the drill, I mean your village must be suffering from this too, no? Maybe that's, why your village, no that make sense when I actually think about it. But you know, it is a little bit odd you guys were hiding there. I mean, it's super suspicious don't you think? Hiding around with all those illusion shenanigans or whatever those were. The moment you were found some guards start attacking us too! Like, no 'what is your business here' or anything, just an attack out of the blue! If you ask me that's a little rude."

Despite the upset tone of his words, the man was grinning as he spoke them.

[/div][/div]

[/div]

DreamBeat DreamBeat

Shisha Shihime#FDF5E6
The bathroom was nothing to laugh at either. The bathroom almost looked like another bedroom. The walls were colored in warm beige just as the tiles on the ground were a cooler, lighter shade of beige. In the middle of the bathroom was a marble bathtub that looked like it could fit a dozen people. Surrounding the tub was a space to put towels and place food to eat.

Behind the bathtub was the shower surrounded by a barrier of glass. The shower had a long bench for sitting, a shelf for self-care, and a showerhead. Connected to the glass protecting the shower were light purple-colored counters that extended along the walls and bent at the corners of the bathroom. The counters extended until it hit the couches, which were placed on the walls on both sides of the bathtub. On the ceiling were little mini chandeliers hanging above the counters, the shower, and in a circle surrounding the bathtub. The lights were bright, which might have been counterproductive for a more relaxing atmosphere. Perhaps asking someone about it later might reveal something.

Where is the actual bathroom, you ask? Why, it's in separate cozy little room on the right of the bathtub. The door was open, letting Shisha see the black carpeted floor of the bathroom. There was a toilet seat that looked to be made of high-quality material and was decorated in designs of colorful harlequin hats. There wasn't much to see there otherwise, but Hansel would have definitely said that it looked nice.

Kiana the Fox Spirit
As soon as he uttered his first sentence, Kiana knew that she wouldn't need to worry about trying to read him. It seemed like he wore his emotions on his sleeves. She stared at him with a puzzled expression, waiting for him to finish his speech. Although it was amusing to see his reaction, there was no need to comment on his commentary on her sacrifice. No explanation was needed. After all, it was obvious that she was just going to die for the village. But if what he was saying was true...

Then, why didn't the Elder Meowth explain where she was supposed to guide them? It couldn't be that he purposefully withheld that information from her... Or maybe she was so caught up in her thoughts that she simply did not hear. Either way, it didn't change the fact that she was supposed to guide them somewhere, but didn't know where. Until now.

Phantom beast? The more he talked, the more conflicted she felt. On the one hand, she felt like some things recently suddenly made sense. She'd heard about the happenings around the village. Recently, the children were strongly discouraged from going outside the parameters. Though, that obviously didn't stop some of the children. Children were also starting to get basic fighting lessons, which didn't happen usually. Food shortage... She hadn't heard that one yet. As far as she knew, there was plenty of food for the villagers. Maybe she'd been not vigilant enough?

On the other hand, she felt... offended. He was questioning the customs of her village, though he looked happy about it. Strange man. She may not know why all those precautions were around, but she didn't have very great impressions of humans. Illusions were necessary to throw off the humans. Humans were dangerous, and no mercy could be shown to them. A voice inside her head reminded her of Elder Meowth's knowledge of Humantongue and how he had negotiated with the humans. She ignored it.

"The Elder sufficiently negotiated with you two humans because you are strong. The strong live, the weak die. The useful ones live, the useless ones die. Please understand that we rarely have visitors of... your kind. It was a precaution. I know of the beast you seek, and I will try my best to lead you to it. I do not know exactly where, but I can navigate the forest well enough." She paused and thought about her next words. She didn't think she needed to say it, but just in case...

"Thank you for letting me be your resource."

BASICS

• Health: 6
    Strength: 5
    Spell Power: 11
    Mana Vein: 30
    Mana Regeneration: 13
    Stamina: 6
    Stamina Recovery: 10
    Agility: 11
    Speed: (running-9 / swimming-2/ flight-0)
    Focus: 1
    Natural Armor: 11
    Senses: Vision-15, Smell-2, Touch-2, Taste-2, Hearing-4
    • [Pathway] Rank 1 (20)
      Allows you to phase through anything you like while getting to a particular destination. Speed increases fourfold due to wind resistance nullification. (max uses 3 daily)

[Kitsune Language Module] Rank 3 (2)
      Allows you to communicate fluenty in Kistune language. Lingo is automatically understood.

[Memory Recovery] Rank 1 (10)
      Allows you to recover your past life's memories as you gain more experience and level up

[Spirit Fire] Rank 3 (4)
      Creates a small fireball at the tips of your tail(s) and/or fingers that is capable of causing surface-level burns. Causes more pain than actual damage.

[Diligent Training] Rank 2 (10)
      Increases sturdiness against enemy attacks while posing in focus. Reduces exhaustion from physical training by a slight amount

[Overhear] Rank 1 (8)
      Increases hearing slightly. Able to hear more distinctly across obstacles if the people behind those obstacles are speaking in a normal tone

[class=text] width:60%; margin:0 auto; background-color:white; color:red; border:7px solid gold; text-align:center; overflow:hidden; [/class] [class=text2] background-color:black; color:rgb(35, 60, 157); border:5px dashed gold; text-align:center; border-radius:25px; overflow:hidden; [/class] [class=background] background-size:full; border-radius:25px; border:12px double darkgreen; background-image:url('https://gifimage.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/anime-forest-gif-10.gif'); background-attachment:fixed; [/class] [class=background2] background-size:100%; border-radius:25px; border:8px dashed white; background-image:url('https://i.pinimg.com/originals/fa/0c/c8/fa0cc84e82a2b3b37fa2ee69be291bf8.gif'); background-attachment:fixed; [/class] [class=bord] width:60%; margin:0 auto; border:4px dashed gold; border-radius:25px; [/class] [class=right] float:right; width:23%; border:4px double blue; [/class] [class=scroll] width: 102%; height: 500px; box-sizing: content-box; overflow-Y: scroll; overflow-X: hidden; padding:1%; [/class]

• [div class=background]

[div class=text][div class=scroll]

GM Post

Once Kiana finished her retort, the warrior simply looked a bit overwhelmed by the whole thing. He gave her an awkward nod, not sure what to make of the words that the kitsune had just spouted, while the mage lady looked up at last from her inspection of the wolve's ...once-corpses. She turned around, in stone-cold silence, and pushed back her glasses.

"I see. That explains much." She said, and gazed at the warrior, a squinted gaze like that of an elder reprimanding a child that didn't know they were on the verge of playing with fire. "You appear to be confused meathead. Allow me to clarify it then. There were other human beings that came to her village, isn't that correct, ms. Kiana? And yet, somehow, it appears as though no humans returned who ever reported on the village. Certainly, no other human being ever set foot in the village, they never crossed the illusionary barrier, at all, not even by accident. None ever shared the knowledge of the odd clothes the kitsunes wear, which I had ever only seen before in the capital. Surely, that that was coincidence and no contact with humans against whom you put up such an illusion ever happened. Because none ever returned to report to anyone about the existence of this place, even I didn't know of it.... surely that must be the case, because otherwise..."

The woman purposefully left the matter up in the air. It took a moment, but the warrior's eyes widened and he gritted his teeth in fury, then gripped the sword and lifted it up, only to be spotted by the woman's risen hand.

"Don't, meathead. Whatever her village may nor not have done, we should still trust her at least. If nothing else, they value our strength, that seems to be genuine. It may be out of fear not interest nor reverence, but they wouldn't risk us coming back to them for revenge if their little deceit didn't work. Besides, with the way humans enslaved the inhumans, it is understandable why they might be wary, though I guarantee you ms. Kiana, that your tribe is under a massive misunderstanding. Even human scum didn't enslaves inhumans from villages." Her stare shifted over to Kiana. "Furthermore, I simply cannot condone your policies on the weak and the useful. Do you kill your babies when they are born? There's hardly anyone more weak or more useless than a baby. No, you nourish and protect them, or you wouldn't be standing here to talk to me today, now would you? Or is just those with potential? Can you tell at a glance what everyone may become?"

The woman sighed.

"My apologies, that was unprofessional of me. I simply thought we ought to lay our thoughts bare if we were to continue this mission with a degree of trust to each other. We know you don't like everything about us, and we don't like everything about you. But one thing we appreciate even less than each other is that phantom beast causing trouble for both humans and your village. You are our companion, temporarily though it might be, just as a guide though your duties might be, Kiana. Take us to the beast and we'll exterminate it for you AND us."

[/div][/div]

[/div]

DreamBeat DreamBeat

Users who are viewing this thread

Back