• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Paragons of Tomorrow (Superhero Sandbox) [Reopening! New and old players wanted!]

P
Created at
Index progress
Incomplete

links

AtlannianSpy

Alarmed and Strangerous
PARAGONSoftomorrowlogo.png

Hello everybody, this is an RP concept I was quite attached to but unfortunately it never quite got off the ground when I first launched. WIth that in mind I'm giving it another shot, I'm equally excited to hear from both players from the previous go round and brand new people, the IC never launched last time so there's no need to worry about having missed anything, just jump right in and say hi! To any returning players I'd love to ahve you guys back for another go round, I'm not planning on changing any of the mechanics or setting details so you'll be able to reuse your old characters with no fuss. Of course your welcome to come up with something new if you'd rather!

Look hero is something other people started to call me okay? Sure I can do things no one else can do but all that means is I had a chance to do something when other people didn't and I took it. You can do that too.
Agent Liberty

~~~
Villain? A small word that small people hurl at me because they don't understand that the world has changed, that humanity has changed. The morality of the old world is obsolete and I refuse to be held back from my true potential, that is all that separates me from them
Imperator

It is 2032 and so much more is real than we ever thought possible...

Five years ago Humanity nearly collapsed under the assault of two concurrent cataclysms.

The first was the Firaxon Invasion, where we learned conclusively that we not only are we not alone in the universe, but our governments had known about this for decades and had been secretly studying crashed alien ships in secret facilities all over the world. Despite all that clandestine research they never predicted that the aliens might come knocking to get their stuff back. Alien ships darkened our sky, razing our cities and abducting people in droves. Our leaders fought back with the fruits of their research: shooting space craft out of the sky with reverse engineered recreations of their own weapons. We fought off the Firaxons, but not without changing ourselves. Wherever the alien ships fell they exploded, unleashing waves of strange, foreign energy that scrambled DNA. Those that survived found that they were...different, that they had abilities no human had had before. Flight, invisibility, super strength: these things are no longer the sole domain of comic books and movies, people who can do those things now walk among us.

At the same time as Firaxon ships were hovering over major cities all over the globe, shadowy, robed figures gathered at key points of mystical energy to enact an earth shattering ritual known as the Procession of Numannidia. We didn't learn this name for some time but the effects of the ritual were felt almost immediately. Magic had always been with us and around us, but for centuries it had been hidden from us until we convinced ourselves it had all been mere myth. The monsters were driven into the shadows and the mystics and magi hid themselves away in far flung, lonely redoubts, certain we would all be better off without them. But the ritual made it impossible for them to hide. It sent surges of magical power arcing across the globe, energising and multiplying anything with even a trace of magic in it. Werewolves and Vampires, Mummies and boogiemen terrorised the country side while sinister cults that had been waiting for this moment looted vaults and museums for powerful artefacts that had long been sealed away. Ordinary people were affected too: long dormant magical bloodlines and talents suddenly blossomed, like plants reemerging for the first rain after a long drought. Civilians who had long since dismissed their old family legends about possessing a drop of fae blood, or that old heirloom being haunted suddenly found themselves producing phenomena science could not explain.

And that's where we are now. Technology beyond our wildest dreams and magic the likes of which only existed in our myths and legends are now commonplace. All over the world people are waking up to strange and powerful abilities and society reels under the weight of individuals experimenting with; exploiting or accidentally unleashing their newfound power. The city of Verity Point, IA was hit particularly hard by all of this. Up until 2027 it had been a bustling, but fairly ordinary city, but it turned out to have been the site of both some fairly powerful ancient ruins and and a secret facility housing some important Firaxon technology. Both the Invasion and Ritual generated significant activity in the area and although both these threats were fended off they left their mark. The city has been devastated, leading to wide scale housing and employment shortages and a very large percentage of the population are now parahumans of either the mystical or the scientific kind. Crime is running rampant across the city and the police are being routinely overpowered by the super natural abilities of many of the suspects.

The city is in total chaos: afraid, unsafe and unstable. It is time for exceptional individuals to stand up and make their presence known, whether they be heroes determined to save this city, or villains looking to exploit the chaos for their own ends.

Which one will you be?

Welcome to Paragons of Tomorrow!
Hello, hello! It's been quite some time since I've launched a wholly original project, but I'm very excited to begin it all again. Paragons of Tomorrow is a superhero RP with a very open ethos. You can be almost any kind of hero or villain you like, with world-building to support both science fiction and fantasy type charaters. Once you've created your character you can explore our setting, the city of Verity Point, in whatever manner you see fit. Don't like the events on offer? Make your own! Try to take over the city's burgeoning criminal underworld! Help little old ladies cross the street! Search for the man with the glass eye who murdered your father! This RP is pretty much your sandbox to go crazy in, as long as you don't ruin anyone else's crazy fun! The best part is, the more you do the stronger your character will become! A basic, ability based system will track your character's growth as they develop and the scope and intensity of the events they can get involved in will increase over time!

Anyways if any of that sounds appealing then keep reading! I'm looking forward to hearing from you!

What to expect from Paragons of Tomorrow!

• An expansive city to explore and develop! Collaborate with GMs and fellow players to add in new locations, characters and events!

• Utilising a simple, flexible system create your own unique hero, who draws their power from fantastical or futuristic elements or even both at once!

• A sandboxy, event based story structure allows you to gravitate towards the stories and challenges that most appeal to you, or to ignore them entirely in favor of telling your own stories!~

Our expectations and Rules

• The RPN site rules are in effect: This is pretty obvious and everyone should be familiar with them but if you need a refresher Here is the link.

• The GM and any potential Co-Gm's are in charge: That would just be me at present, but it's possible I'll take on more staff in response to the needs of the RP.

• Remain respectful of your fellow RPers: Just be cool to each other, even if you have disagreements or find your personalities don't quite mesh do your best to remain civil. If you can't resolve any disputes to your mutual satisfaction I or another GM will step in.

• Let your voice be Heard: If you're not sure about something or just have a great idea for the RP let us know! We can't do anything about it if it stays in your head. We will eventually have a discord server open to all players for easy communication. You can also post anything like that in the OOC and free to PM me if you would rather speak privately, I'll do my best to stay on top of such correspondence.

• No Godmodding: Broadly speaking godmodding refers to controlling someone else's characters by writing their reactions or confirming attacks on them in your own post. This isn't very fun to deal with for the other person and not conducive to good roleplaying. Don't ever do it to another player without their permission and be careful about doing it to NPC's.

• Do your best in terms post length and quality: We are aiming for detailed with this RP, multiple paragraph responses with good spelling and grammar are ideal. We can be flexible about this to some extent, scenarios and situations just aren't conducive to long posts and sometimes people are tired or busy. The bare minimum is a paragraph or so that's been given a good once over for errors. Detailed responses give your RP partners more to work with and make you more fun to RP alongside so it's to everyone's benefit if we all do our best. If I feel like your responses lacking then I'll reach out and we can have a friendly chat about how to extend and improve your writing.

• Post Regularly or Stay in contact when you cant: We can work out more detailed versions on a case by case basis, but the short version is this: If you don't post when a scene is waiting on you after a week you will be skipped over, after two you will be removed from the RP. We can always make exceptions to this rule for people who talk to us and give us notice when they aren't able to post, but if we don't hear from you that's the end of it.

• Read all the provided material: These are in the linked threads. There's quite a lot there so you don't need to memorise it all or anything. But at minimum give everything a quick once over and be willing to check back in if you need to look anything up.

• Oh and most importantly of all...

Have Fun!

Last edited:
An interesting concept to behold, is there room for another individual to throw their hat into the ring and join the rp?

hmmm so not mandatory no but I can't guarantee you'd have the best experience without it. I do my best to keep the OOC updated with everthiung relevant and I always respond to PMs here on RPN but you might still miss some interesting tidbits of lore or what have you.

Hello! I’m thinking I’ll play a modern ‘Frankenstein’s Monster’, based off the original book.

hmmm so not mandatory no but I can't guarantee you'd have the best experience without it. I do my best to keep the OOC updated with everthiung relevant and I always respond to PMs here on RPN but you might still miss some interesting tidbits of lore or what have you.
You could have a separate thread here where you collect all the lore that's shared on Discord. And perhaps have a separate OOC thread here in RPNation as well.

You could have a separate thread here where you collect all the lore that's shared on Discord. And perhaps have a separate OOC thread here in RPNation as well.

We do have those and I will do my best to keep them up dated but there's a tendency for smaller or more nich decisions to slip through the cracks and often people benefit from asctually being part of those rapid fire discussions as opposed ot just getting the details later.

I can guarante that this rp is well crafted, but Atl, how has the agricultural industry been effected by the new superpowers?

I want in, just cuz your profile pic is from cultist simulator and I respect that.

I can guarante that this rp is well crafted, but Atl, how has the agricultural industry been effected by the new superpowers?

So as of yet parahumans haven't become common/accepted enough to have a large scale impact on industries like agriculture. If people are using their new abilities in a professional it's probably only in smaller, tighter knit workplaces where they can safely experiment. Verity Point's local farming industry may be a good example of this, as its predominantly made up of smaller, more boutique style farms as opposed to larger scale industrial farming.

Probably the more noticeable changes to industries of all kinds have come alongside superpowers rather than being caused by them. The Firaxon invasion which triggered the emergence of parahumans also saw widespread damage to urban areas (while rural regions were largely untouched) and then the government releasing some examples of reverse engineered alien technology to aid in reconstruction efforts. While most of these unveiled technologies were focused on construction to repair damaged infrastructure, some new exmaples of machinery and technology are currently making their way into all kinds of industries, including agriculture.

Im interested :D it looks very well thought out and I like that

Users who are viewing this thread

Back