• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Characters
Here
Zira

The glitch started up again just as the her brain processed the creature's thoughts. Lowblood. It sounded as if it was an insult. The joke was on her. She had no blood. She wasn't even here right now.

"Pretty common on our planet too." She replied. Her voice returning to neutral. "Though not like you. They generally hide under bridges and wait for passerby to steal from, or hide under false names to regularly insult people."

She paused then added, still keeping that neutral tone.

"And it's "ho-m-o sapien"

Unless of course your ears suck.

• Carmen Hartnet.jpg
    Carmen looked between the two as they talked. The sound emanating from Zira was nearly silent, even to her. The only reason she could hear it was because of how close she was to the woman. Something about it reminded her of a machine, but she wasn't quite sure why. In contrast, the mutant could hear the trolls vital system working, the same kind of quiet, but just a tad bit louder. It was what she was used to hearing from living things. "Uh-huh..." Carmen eyed Zira suspiciously as she refused to answer the question, but quickly turned to Daldra. If she wasn't freaking out so much about what had just transpired in her world not five minutes ago, she probably would have held the conversation better. She continued to suppress the images, the feelings. "So then... Uh, I guess now would be a good time to say I'm not technically human. I mean I am, but not like human-human. Mutant. I'm a mutant." She finally clarified. Normally, they kept that kind of thing close to their chest, after all, they didn't want to be sent back to one of the facilities. But there was a literal troll in front of her, so she doubted coming out about it was going to do much with the immediate company. She reached a hand up and tapped her left ear lob, the six piercings that lined it catching the sunlight. "Super hearing and," she tapped her nose stud. "Super smell. So, y'all should know there's a group, I don't know how many yet, waves are a bitch," her words were rushed as it became increasingly clear that the woman was kind of freaking out. "About a mile or so away. Can't make out what they're saying, just know they're there." She ended by stuffing her hands in her pocket. The last time she felt this hyped up was at a party when she was fourteen. Her nose itched at the memory.
    11.jpg

Carmen Hartnet
    Powers: Super hearing and super smell
    Condition: Healthy
    Color: #00ff00

Daldra Ghotie
Interactions: PolikShadowbliss PolikShadowbliss , Nightwisher Nightwisher
Mentions: Zira, Carmen
Daldra turned to Carmen, much prefering this human, er, mutant human, over the nonsense the other human was spouting. "A group, you say? Thank you for your input, regardless of size that's pretty important information." She looked between the two of them, as if attempting to size up their authority in the situation. Zira didn't seem terribly chatty, and having had little to no new information to give to the group, thus had a lower standing in her mind than Carmen at the moment. Carmen, on the other hand, wasn't actually giving orders or proposing a course of action, merely providing information. Perhaps she wasn't used to a leader position? Then again, neither was Daldra, but leadership ran in the troll's blood... literally. "So since there's another group on this island, I recommend we get Carmen to a location where she can better do recon. We'll size up the quarry, identify potential threats, and make a plan of attack from there. Any objections?"

Zira looked at Carmen: designated mutant and recalled that mages back in the future had such abilities as well... was she a mage? Or a scenific experiment? No matter. Keeping the illuaion intact, the real Zira started to walk away. Her matrix already caculating the location, based on the numbers of lifeforms she detected. Meanwhile her illusion self continued to interact with the troll and the human.

Though in truth she didn't like her assessment of her.
She wasn't really here anyway.

"That seems to be a good course of action... leader.."

She said this with veiled irony. She didn't detect any magic on any of them: So while the mutant had abilities and the troll disregarded her... she was actually the most dangerous threat here. But she didn't expect organics like the troll to regard as anything but inferior. With her mindset.

Her real self was already locating the group as they spoke.

AIXA

So he knew young Shilo was Shilo, but didn't know Kade. That was probably a blessing, honestly. Even as a kid he seemed to be annoying. She nodded once and looked out across the plants, trying to remember her visions from the previous night. Another parallel Aixa had been bothering her a lot with her own visions, past and present and future drowning out this Aixa's senses, but she vaguely remembered giant plants... She'd thought it was just another weird dimension. She didn't know it was hers.
She turned her face away from Xander. Even if it wasn't her Xander, it still hurt. Whether it was her own mistakes that hurt, or his, or her memories, or the fact that she had to relive all of their parallel lives--some breaking apart as they had here, some staying close and hurting worse--she didn't know. It was probably some sucky combination of everything. She'd always shouldered everything before, though. She could do it now. 'That way,' she signed, pointing West.

KADE

Kade stumbled back and onto a large leaf. It was large and smooth and kept him from hurting himself again, because he already had enough bruises. "Fine! I don't want you to like me, jerk!" Kade called after her, standing up and going the opposite way. The leaf curled up belatedly. Kade didn't notice. "At least I'm not a meanie who pushes people! Asshole!" He kicked at the vines across the jungle floor again, and they slithered around his foot, waiting...

Kristine Giovanni

Image result for kaya scodelario gif

Kristine found herself staring at the two people before her, nothing much was happening except her staring. And wobbling. They appeared to be ... scorned lovers. Ah well. She didn't really care. She took her flask and drank again, but noticed that there was much less liquor in it than before. Of course it's less, you dimwit, you're drinking! Shut up! You're giving me a headache! Neverthless she put the flask away and walked toward the two. "I hate to -- to --" she closed her eyes, attempting to keep the slight slur in her voice at bay, "interrupt you two but .... um.... where am I?" She was thinking this was all a dream of course but at least her brain would be smart enough to know what it conjured up. She tried to ignore the rest of the odd, fucked up party before her, the ninja, the elf-boy and his pet weasel, and the others-- the others, she didn't really register the others. There was a machine-girl? It looked like a machine-girl! Fuck. This dream is weird. She had fever dreams before but this was by far the weirdest.... so many strange cast of characters.... and it didn't help that she had a throbbing headache.
Recko Recko Nightwisher Nightwisher

Delta

7162902A-08EE-4FE1-910B-CDA6A9002C34.png

Delta groaned and put his hand on his forehead. He supposed that if the plant was hostile, that was some sort of excuse. But not a very good one for him having to rush over here..

“Whatever whatever just... hnggg... I GUESS we should get going, away from the plants...”

He paused, listening to Xander ( Nightwisher Nightwisher ) talk. Perhaps he could help...

“You’re looking for someone huh?? Well, I could scout the area. But that would be risky, considering... one these plants seem to be hostile according to you, and also, I can’t leave the others on the island alone for ten minutes without them starting a forest fire.”

“...”

“SO I suppose I’ll have to stick around with you and make sure you don’t get yourselves killed.”

He shrugged, with almost a smug little look on his face. He did really mean it though, he didn’t want people to get hurt.

“So, if were gonna go on a lil search, where are we going.”

Nightwisher Nightwisher darkred darkred Recko Recko PolikShadowbliss PolikShadowbliss Crow Crow @CaveGangYeet

[Current Activity: questioning Xander and the others]​

Last edited:
446px-Laffey.png

Laffey
(Caves)

"My radar systems... are built for naval purposes. I don't think they are useful for forested areas..." the girl speaks up, "I'm also not a carrier, so I do not have access to scouting planes... we will simply have to move together - with the more mobile ones protecting the less mobile ones.

Your friends are likely to avoid the threats. Maybe we should prioritize the safer zones?"

Nightwisher Nightwisher darkred darkred Recko Recko PolikShadowbliss PolikShadowbliss Birb Birb Crow Crow

Kira
Image result for teresa palmer gif

Kira awoke to the sound of an animal sniffing at her hair and a serious case of massive confusion. Since when did an animal get in the cell? It took her even longer to realize that she wasn't in the cell. She immediately shot up, a case of panic swelling in her chest. All around was massive foliage and trees. Where am I!? This isn't the cell! She got up and instantly checked her hands and breathed a sigh of relief: the padded gloves were still there. Good. Whoever had sent her here had not seen fit to get rid of her gloves. So she won't accediently kill someone.

She started to walk in a general direction: mindlessly, aimlessly, in a panic - when she heard some rustling. She turned toward it instinctively. "Hello?" The rustling continued as Kira tenses in her boots, her fist clenched. When nothing comes from the bush, Kira continued toward nowhere. Not knowing what to do or where she was, she could only attempt to calm herself down. This was probably yet another quest Mister Intangiable had put her in, but why hadn't he told her? And where was the villian? She usually had to face some sort of villian. Some mean machine with some tragic or horrible backstory that the other Heroes couldn't handle: she would usually arrive, access the situation, get underestimated because of her looks and attire (she looked like your typical white blonde girl that some "hot" jock bragged about bedding to his frat boys and she wasn't exactly a fashionista either), and then get absloutely destroyed later with a single hit. She didn't even have to hit that hard; just a single flick. She just had to hit something. It was more of a curse than anything. She was walking aimlessly when she heard some people talking in the distance and immediately started running toward the sounds. She emerged from the foliage to see what was going on ....

Mentions: None.
Interactions: Open.

A beam smitten by the cruel God's lance. With flesh-tearing luminescence. Star-like particles streaming within. A blazing image of timelines, worlds, and universes altogether.
Is this a man's fate, a soldier's fate, a murderer's fate, to have the understanding of man, of the mind, of life, of the soul burnt onto his wisdom?
A man shalt endure the distance of his journey, regardless of his suffering, as such is a rule of the dark Gods. He does not play along such rule. A beam smitten by the cruel God's lance. An unwelcoming gateway towards a journey continued. The evil Gods have yet to shower him a cupful of pain.

It was the Gods who created all, consequently all are the God's playing pieces for their board game. Paints for their canvas. And this man among them -- an ordinary piece; a dull paint. Such is a rule of the dark Gods. He does not play along such rule.

In the midst of a deep forest, a woman with a tone as fair as silk, and bright golden hair glittering from the sun's radiance which the tree leaves failed to shield. Displaying clothes never seen before -- at least, from his land. The woman's eyes, a see-through mirror, show a trapped soul. This maiden is lost. Such an unusual sight, a strange maiden walking in the middle of a forest, without human tracks; a forest that would normally hold tales and rumors of the most vile creatures. However, he does not care at all.
Behind the woman, as she continues to wander, are life -- the Goddess' best; grass, bushes, trees bearing all shades of green. Behind the drowning green, a shadowy figure of a humanoid stands behind a towering trunk of a tree. Has Death finally caught up to the pitiful woman? No, it is not death; it is not a creature in general -- or perhaps it is. But a person, a man. Bearing a chain mail which looks like it has saved its wearer from countless battles. Underneath it, common clothing vaguely visible. A wooden crossbow being held in the man's left hand. A sword, longer than its wielder's head and torso altogether -- a greatsword, a two-handed weapon; yet its wielder holds it in a similar way a warrior holds a shortsword. Two hand-axes strapped, hanging, one on each side of the man's belt; as if having the crossbow and the greatsword would not be effective enough in case a battle comes. Finally, a loaded backpack bearing all kinds of kinds of equipment, from a proper crowbar to a waterskin holding a generous amount, with a hanging shovel boasted at its front. It is him. Despite possessing attributes that would make one image him as a knight, he is not here to save a damsel in distress. But to kill, survive, and escape. After all, why will he be stalking behind the unarmed maiden?

Right as the lost woman breaks her wandering, seeming that she had found something past the greens, so does the knightly figure. Still carrying both weapons -- crossbow and greatsword -- gripped in each of his hands. He points the crossbow at the unprotected maiden's rear with confidence, aiming it at her right shoulder blade. He does not miss; at least, he cannot miss from 10 meters away. Believing-- no, knowing with high surety that everything that has happened so far during his time in this plane are mere illusions placed upon by Romolon. Ever since this game of the Gods had begun, from a beam which had a flesh-tearing luminescence. His eyes, mirrorless, showing no soul nor emotions. His only intentions are to kill, survive, and escape.
There was a sudden string-produced noise -- the sound was rather thick --, followed by a monotonous whistle. The knight fired his shot without any hesitation. He remains standing from the same position; his crossbow remains aiming to the same direction. The only muscle that moved was one that is located in his index finger, and that was to simply fire the arrow. Still the mirrorless eyes showing no soul nor emotions. Death had hit his target, at the exact exact spot he aimed -- the woman's right shoulder blade. Death has finally caught up to the pitiful woman. He does not miss.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________
Interactions

PolikShadowbliss PolikShadowbliss

HUGE UPDATE/'FLUFF' ON MY PROFILE SOON!!! :D

Last edited:
Ask and you shall receive. No sooner had she begun walking when she felt something sharp pierce her shoulder blades: a familiar burning sensation of pain withering through her body. But she didn’t scream. Not even instinctively. She just sighed, took off her gloves, reached behind her back, felt the arrow stucking out of her shoulder blade. And pulled it out. The pain was sharp. But she had enough control not to scream.

“You know you could just face me head on. Instead of hiding in the trees.”

She smirked and just to show off, flexed her injured shoulder blade. The pain was already receding.

She turned toward the direction the arrow came from. And smiled.

“You are going to have to do better than a measly arrow.”

She was prepared for the next attack: if the villain was predictable he would fire again.

Last edited:

• 5103628-Jcg-YNGJu.png

The kid and her teddy bear companion were together as of this point. Nothing really could stand between them, at least when it came to how close they were. However, the bear immediately recognized that the young teen definitely gave out both her name and debatably a bit more than what she asked. The teddy bear smiled a bit, which honestly looked like something out of a horror movie, but then his gruff voice came out. " Hmm... Then I"ll call you Cassandra for a while. While I'd love to call you by your multiple nicknames, those are appropriate for those who have deserved the right to call you a friend. But for now --- I'll call you by your parent given name ". He said with a little bit of smugness. That was --- Until he talked with the little girl merely seconds later

Her face was as red as a tomato, and she was fidgeting in the same location as she was being held. Whatever happening to her apparently was causing enough of distress to cause her to fidget. She whispered in his ear. "Uhmm... I... I ... I'm so sorry... I... Lost it...". Her sobbing made it pretty clear whatever she lost was important. The human turned teddy bear was confused at first, and was about to ask why she thought that way , until he looked around her neck... which didn't have arguably Frankie's mostimportant item around said neck . But that didn't make sense unless.... Oh jeez.

It was a locket. A very deep and important memory to the little girl. A special moment of bliss beforethe chaos began in their lives , when everything was normal. Looking back at everythig... There was no other possibility, and his mind proceed to be flooded with horrible realizations , especially when the Organization he was a part of explained not only the mental importance of the object, but also the supernatural importance a long timeagog "Oh god.... if she truly lost it, it is one of the few things keeping Frankie sane .. A physical way of knowing everything is okay andeverything will be fine in the end... And perhaps the subconscious manifestation of her abilities will be unlocked...MY LUCK IS HORRIBLE !!! " . At this realization the teddy bear just froze mid-air, as if becoming in that moment a deer seeing headlights before being ran over. It was one of the only things he didn't expect to occur upon first discovering Frankie was with him coming to this island. Due to being a teddy bear personified , mental functions such as the preparation to cope with such losses like these he didn't have to worry about for himself..... Since he's a teddy bear and most of his emotions [besides love and kindness] were locked upon becoming a teddy bear. Frankie on the other hand, most of the time, is essentially a 11-12 year old little girl with human emootions . So this shouldn't have surprised him... Yet it definitely did.

".... Woo boy " He said with the same gruff sounding voice, sighing at his bad luck. With the way the little girl was squirming it wouldn't be long until she had a full mental breakdown . So he scanned the room to determine who'd be the best to ask for assistance in help for searching. He sort of did want to ask either Alpha or Cassidy, as they were the two he has conversed with and seemed the most 'motherly' of the bunch. But at the same time neither had any reason to help the child either because she was no more a stranger than the others, so he was eternally stuck with exactly. He then asked the group, internally regretting this decision but knowing it was for the best to get maximum results:

Taking a deep breath to avoid backing out of this, he asked the others. " I don't mean to intrude... But Frankie here has lost... an important locket of the kind that... is really important to her and myself. Can everyone watch over her for me while I search for it in the forest ? " . He said in a calm and collected voice, but his eyes seethed with worry. If any of them said no, he'd have to take her with him, and lord knows she'll be distraught ifthis is locket is conpletely lost or broken beyond repair.

( Anyone Anyone honestly.... Now this entire post gets fudged up if it's revealed due to the nature of the island such things aren't possible... But it's one of those adventurous things I've never attempted in an RP before so I'm just going to do a Leroy Jenkins and just try it anyways )
    PolikShadowbliss PolikShadowbliss RedLight RedLight Sleek Sleek Hahli Nuva Hahli Nuva [I'm only tagging the ones I know are currently outside]

Last edited:
Nikolai promptly began drinking the moment Cassandra promptly introduced herself, taking a few long gulps before letting out a soft "Ahh" and wiping his mouth on his sleeve. He gestured in the direction of the cave again, apparently going to try to persuade his group to keep moving again.

"Well, that is great and all, Casey, but Nikolai thinks you might find sister towards direction of scream. Either that, or people who already ran off to find source of scream. Probably both, in fact." The rambling Russian paused as he lifted his vodka to an eye, peering right into the flask before a deep frown emerged on his face- Clearly, he wasn't happy with his alcohol supply. Either way, he was promptly interrupted by the giant teddy bear saying stuff about "handling kids". He merely shakes his head at the blood stain obviously trickled down the giant's arm, looking away from the scene.

"Nikolai thinks he doesn't belong here now. Maybe killing zombie much easier than dealing with girls and their weird habits." The bumbling Belinski remarked, merely glancing once at the Athenian with the trio. That said, he did hear another noise off in the distance. Another teleportation noise? Was that right, or was he hallucinating? Either way, he definitely heard the "THUNK" of a weapon that wasn't a gun- and wasn't about to sit around. He pulled out his beloved EPC WN, the Pack-a-Punched "Right Arm of the Free World" possessing a wooden handleguard and stock that seemed anachronistic compared to the sleek, shiny metal (and strange patterns that came from the Pack-a-Punch) that made up its receiver.

Hahli Nuva Hahli Nuva Andrita Andrita

Kira didn't bother to wait for the idiot to take another shot: so she simply broke the arrow and ran in the direction of the voices she heard. Much harder to hit a moving target. Her shoulder blade burned horrendously but she ignored.

Suddenly she burst through the foliage to see something that caused her to blink in surprise for a moment: a man with tons of weapons on his person, and a giant teddy bear. The intital shock passed however (she had seen weirder) and she said simply with no hint of panic in her voice.

"Yeah. I was just attacked by a arrow-using lunatic."

She looked the group over and smiled as best she could through the pain.

• [div style="background:url(http://www.sunlandrvresorts.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/bigstock-Road-trough-a-dark-forest-with-43808242.jpg);max-width:1000px;max-height:500px;border:4px solid #000000;margin:auto;padding:10px;line-height:1;text-align:center;"][div style="opacity:0.9;background:black;line-height:1.5;width:76%;border:3px solid #c71585;margin:auto;padding:10px;text-align:justify;max-height:405px;overflow:auto;"]
    af4f7b6ce17fc1b46e7709862274a5b9--beautiful-little-girls-beautiful-people.jpg

~Shilo Saga~
    Inventory: N/A
    Mood: Angry
    The girl’s eyes widened a bit when she’d pushed him. She’d never pushed anyone before and she knew better, but he’d just been so frustrating and mean! Shilo turned and stomped away a few feet but turned back around to stick her tongue out at Kade, glaring at him for a moment, before she carried on her way with her arms crossed over her chest. “Stupid jerk.” The child murmured under her breath. “He even says bad words.” She felt her heart rate pick up a bit at the thought of her saying those words around her parents. Her father would be very angry, her mother disappointed… How could the boy have parents who didn’t act like that.
    [/div][/div]

Zira paused for a moment, had she been human and not a machine, she would have been annoyed. Instead she just calculated the situation: it was clear that the mutant human had detected her real body so the illusion was not needed. In addition, there was no threat. Not yet anyway. She deactivated her illusion, and watched her second self flicker out of existence and re-emerges from the foliage - to an untrained Eye it would look as if she had moved too fast to detect. She calculated Carmen’s position, checked her battery life, and then teleported to her. It took a second to activate. And when it did- it let out a loud bang. As she appeared beside Carmen, her face expressionless.

“Thought I would get a head start.”

Her voice was monotone, her matrix feeling no need to activate her infiltration protocol. She looked at the alien. Completely indifferent. Even as her matrix detected a firewall coming up in her mind, guarding her thoughts. No matter. She was not here to bask in a pointless superiority contest. In her rare moments of actual thought, she believed that those who believed themselves superior to you was not worth wasting valuable energy on. Besides she much rather preferred the human over the alien.

KADE

Kade turned to walk the other way, crossing his arms over his chest. He scuffed his feet as he walked, staring ahead. His stomach growled--

--"Look up, baegchi! Look at me when I'm talking to you." A tight hand around his wrist. Too tight, but Kade had learned not to tug away or cry out. He looked up. "It's all about image. Pussies are weak. Pussies look down when they're afraid. Are you a pussy?"
"No."
"Then act like it. Go get me another beer."
Kade scurried off, looking at his feet without thinking about it. A shoe hit him in the head as he walked away.
"LOOK UP!"--

Kade hugged his stomach to try to silence the growling and looked up, which was why he didn't notice the vines tangling around his feet until they yanked him and he went sliding across the ground. "AHHH! SHIT!" He tried to kick them off, but the vines were thicker than his legs, and the thorns kept him held tight. "Help!" He tried desperately to pry them off, getting cuts on his hands, but even as the vines cut into him and dragged him, he couldn't help but be more afraid of how pissed his dad would be that his shirt would have grass stains.

AIXA

Aixa knew not to be first and lead the group of people... and she also knew not to be last. She didn't want to be snatched up silently. She squinted at the sun and fiddled with the edge of her braid, detangling the end and then rebraiding it. It was one of her tics that was almost constant among her different versions. She tried not to look at Xander, but she couldn't help glancing over to him, staring at the injury on his arm or at all the things that made him ever so slightly different from her Xander. The way he looked at things ever so slightly longer than her Xander needed to, the heavier grip he'd had on her wrist (her Xander had a lighter touch, for the most part). The lines on his skin that made him just slightly older... and of course the fact that he hadn't noticed that she wasn't his Aixa. Her Xander would have known instantly.
She was as silent as always as she followed everyone deeper into the jungle.

Kristine grimaced as she followed everyone deeper into the jungle.

“Those kids you are talking about— are they the ones constantly yelling? Because if they are: can you please tell them to stop.”

She froze, frowning. “The boy is yelling HeLp now! In that direction.” And she pointed toward where Shilo and Kade would be.

Last edited:
  • [div style="background:url(http://www.sunlandrvresorts.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/bigstock-Road-trough-a-dark-forest-with-43808242.jpg);max-width:1000px;max-height:500px;border:4px solid #000000;margin:auto;padding:10px;line-height:1;text-align:center;"][div style="opacity:0.9;background:black;line-height:1.5;width:76%;border:3px solid #c71585;margin:auto;padding:10px;text-align:justify;max-height:405px;overflow:auto;"]

~Shilo Saga~
    As she walked, the little girl finally let her arms relax to the side of her body, taking a deep breath to try and steady her mood. Mamai always told her that you got to choose how angry you got, and right now she didn’t want to be actually angry, just angry at that annoying boy. But even that washed away when she heard his voice again. Shilo spun around when Kade called out and hurried back to where she left him, her little feet drumming against the forest floor with each thoughtful stride as she dodged roots and vines. None of them moved, but she wasn’t about to trip. The five year old didn’t hesitate as she rushed to the boy’s aid. “Let go!” She jumped, landing on the vine with all of her weight, and jumped up to add a little more damage.
    [/div][/div]

KADE

Kade struggled to pull his feet away, but eventually the vine weakened enough that he could scramble back. He pushed himself to his feet and froze, just now noticing the similarities of all the vines around him and Shilo, feeling the stinging and burning of the cuts on his ankles and legs... This wasn't a drug trip. This was something real and dangerous, and he didn't want to die.

~Shilo Saga~
    As the one vine loosened around Kade and the boy was able to get up, Shilo stepped away, backing up and running into the boy as the other vines around them twitched and came to life. They raised like snakes about to strike at the five year olds and Shilo’s fingers wrapped themselves around Kade’s wrist. “Run,” her voice was soft, but the command was firm. The little girl darted away from the vines as they quickly slithered forward across the ground reaching for them. She was not going to allow herself, or this boy, to get killed by stupid vines. She felt one of the vines try to wrap around her ankle, but she didn’t stop in her stride, ripping it from the vine’s grasp. Scratches from the thorns stung but they weren’t safe yet.
    [/div][/div]

KADE

The pain around Kade's wrist and the command jerked him into action. He ran after Shilo, stomping his feet as hard as his underweight five-year-old body would let him. His ankles were already cut up and his pain tolerance was high, so a few more was nothing. Nothing compared to dying, at least, which he was convinced would happen if he didn't stop running.
Eventually, the jungle opened up into a grassy field, and Kade started lagging behind, breathing hard. "Let go," he panted. "It hurts." He held back tears. Everything hurt. His whole body felt like it was burning, but his legs especially so, with large cuts reaching to his knees and rashes already forming from the vines' secretions. Plus Shilo was gripping one of his bruises. Hard.
But he wasn't a pussy so he wasn't going to cry, right?

~Shilo Saga~
    Shilo kept running even when the jungle opened up, only slowing because Kade slowed. At his request, she stopped instead of let go, looking back at him confused. Her ankle hurt, and itched, but she ignored it for now. She didn’t realize she was still holding on to him. Shilo looked down at her fingers around his wrist and finally understood. The girl released him, catch the sight of the bruises and her eyes widened. “Did I- I’m sorry! I didn’t mean to!” She said, looking up at him. Not only had she pushed him, not she bruised his wrist? The kid had already established himself as a meanie, what was he going to do? “Are you okay?”
    [/div][/div]

KADE

"I'm fine!" Kade snapped. "You didn't even hurt me. It was already there." He wouldn't look at Shilo, staring down at his feet and wiping at his eyes before tears fell. He wasn't a pussy. He wasn't weak. He was fine. He wasn't going to cry.
... He'd been gone too long and his shoes were ripped now, and he wouldn't get any new ones for a long time...

~Shilo Saga~
    Shilo bit the inside of her cheek as he lashed out, taking a step back away from him. She remained silent for a moment, looking over him, her gaze resting on the cuts around his ankles. Her attention turned to the meadow, eyes scanning for a specific yellow flower. There. Without a word the little girl walked toward the large stock, reaching up and plucking a few of the large petals. She walked back to Kade, getting to her knees. “How did you get the bruise?” She asked, not looking at him as she lifted one of the petals to her mouth and took a bite. After all, Shilo didn't have to social know how not to ask such questions and she figured it was a harmless enough thing to know, right? She chewed on the plant, her nose wrinkling against the flavor as the juice from the petal burst into her mouth and started to foam. She spat the mouthful into one of her hands, wiping her mouth with the back of the other as she finally looked up at him. “This is going to sting at first, but it’ll help, I promise.” And with that, she moved to place the yellow, foamy poultice against the cuts on his legs.
    [/div][/div]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back