• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Characters
Here
KADE

"Sometimes my dad grabs me too hard," Kade said. It was nonchalant. A part of everyday life. Nothing surprising. "Or throws things. That one's from grabbing, though. Ew, gross!" He pulled his leg away. "You put that in your mouth! I don't want your spit on my leg!" He hugged himself. "I'll be fine. I'll just get some Neos--um... neesprin. Neosprin. Neosprin from the neighbor lady. If we get home, I mean." Kade stared at his feet. "Do you think we'll get home?"

• [div style="background:url(http://www.sunlandrvresorts.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/bigstock-Road-trough-a-dark-forest-with-43808242.jpg);max-width:1000px;max-height:500px;border:4px solid #000000;margin:auto;padding:10px;line-height:1;text-align:center;"][div style="opacity:0.9;background:black;line-height:1.5;width:76%;border:3px solid #c71585;margin:auto;padding:10px;text-align:justify;max-height:405px;overflow:auto;"]
    af4f7b6ce17fc1b46e7709862274a5b9--beautiful-little-girls-beautiful-people.jpg

~Shilo Saga~
    Inventory: N/A
    Mood: Worried, scared, but trying to stay strong
    Condition: Healthy
    "Your dad does that?" The girl's eyebrows furrowed in worry. "That...isn't good," she told him as if he didn't already know. The girl sighed and rolled her eyes in annoyance as he pulled his leg away, so instead, she sat back and rubbed the handful of mush on her one cut. Her eyes narrowed a bit at the stinging, but afterward it felt much better than before. Shilo wiped the excess off onto the grass next to her then looked back up at Kade. "Are you sure you don't want any? You can chew it yourself. It'll be better if you use some now." The girl explained, offering him one of the petals. At his question she faltered, lowering her arm and biting into her cheek again. "I don't know. But Papa says that when you're in danger, you can't think about anything else except getting out of danger. So, let's just focus on getting away from these stupid plants, okay?" Shilo pushed herself up to her feet. She was scared that they wouldn't find their way back to the beach, let alone get home, but she didn't want Kade to know that. "The cave we came in disappeared," she told him. "So we can't go back there... maybe there's another cave to go to." Her eyes swept over the meadow, but of course there wasn't a cave in sight. "Or, we could wait here until one of the adults comes and finds us. There's always two options when you're lost. Stay still until you're found or try to find home by yourself. I don't think the adults are smart enough to find us," the girl admitted. "So, we have to do this by ourselves."
    [/div][/div]

KADE

Kade hesitantly took the petal. Shilo had chewed it up, so it must be safe. He stuck it in his mouth and bit down... but then spit it out. "Blech. It tastes disgusting." His leg would probably be fine, right? It was stinging an awful lot... while Shilo ranted on about her stupid survival skills and her stupid father Kade picked another few petals and chewed them up anyway, smearing them on his legs. "I don't like adults. Adults are mean. Meaner than you, even," Kade said. "Besides, what if we got in a cave and there were bigger, meaner plants inside?" He paused and stared at his feet, rubbing at a bruise on his head hidden by his hair. He would have stopped doing that except he hadn't stared at his feet when he got caught by the vines and he'd gotten hurt. "I vote no adults, though," he said. "They were shooting guns. That's more dangerous than plants. Or even bigger plants."

• [div style="background:url(http://www.sunlandrvresorts.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/bigstock-Road-trough-a-dark-forest-with-43808242.jpg);max-width:1000px;max-height:500px;border:4px solid #000000;margin:auto;padding:10px;line-height:1;text-align:center;"][div style="opacity:0.9;background:black;line-height:1.5;width:76%;border:3px solid #c71585;margin:auto;padding:10px;text-align:justify;max-height:405px;overflow:auto;"]

~Shilo Saga~
    “Oh, yeah it does,” Shilo gave a small titter at his reaction to the goldenrod. “I’m not mean, you’re just mean so I was mean back.” She told him. “You have a bad attitude.” But she hadn’t thought about bigger meaner plants in another cave. Still, they wouldn’t know until they found another cave anyway. And if it was their way out, wouldn’t it be worth the risk? “Yeah… it’s probably better to just go on our own. Let’s go.” With that, Shilo headed off in a random direction, but away from the way that they had come. “Do you actually think I’m mean?” The girl finally asked him.
    [/div][/div]

KADE

Kade stood up and stretched, using a small period of silence for dramatic effect. "I think everyone's mean," Kade said, making a big gesture, like this was some grand philosophical statement of his. "Everyone's a fucking... jerk. Especially you. You're a jerk and you pushed me." He let his hands flop down to his sides and started walking with Shilo. "But I don't think you're as mean as my dad." That was probably one of the bigger 'compliments' Kade could give at the moment. Shilo had saved him, after all. She had to be less mean than the other people he'd met. "People get meaner as they get older, usually, so you've got time to really screw up still. Why do you care, anyway?"

~Shilo Saga~
    “You sound like Thomas Hobbs.” Shilo stated simply. Though she didn’t understand, fully, the great essays of the philosopher, her father had been sure to explain it simply enough that she could get the very basics. The very basics were that everyone, at the core of their nature, was mean. “Yeah, but you were mean first! I bet if you weren’t so mean to people they wouldn’t be mean to you.” Shilo said. She knew that she wouldn’t have been. Or...at least she imagined she wouldn’t have been. She hadn’t interacted with enough people outside of her parents to really know how she would respond. Though, around the adults she’d been completely silent. Why did she talk to Kade, but not to them… Sure, her parents had warned her about the dangers of strangers, and it had always applied more to adults than children. They hadn’t really taught her about strange children. Now she wished they had… “I don’t care.” Shilo said. “I just know I’m not mean and that you are.” She explained stubbornly.
    [/div][/div]

Carmen

It had been little more than a day since she ended in this strange place and since then she had been avoiding the adults that had appeared on the island. But Carmen hadn’t been idle, no, she had been gathering information and what she had gathered was intriguing. Apparently the adults on this island were from different periods and times, possibly from different worlds. But so far no children. Until now. There were two kids before, extremely young and she had been listening on the conversation for a while now. They sounded damaged and far too mature for their age which suggested that they must have horrible parents. With all this talk of meaness and people growing meaner when they grow older. Yes, definitely damaged. She popped her gum and stored in her pocket, and cocked her blaster. They were just kids but one can never be certain.
Nightwisher Nightwisher @Reko

KADE

"I didn't push you," Kade said. "You pushed me! So you're mean. And maybe I'm meaner but at least I didn't push you, meanie." He stared down at his feet, though kept looking over his shoulder as if expecting a shoe to come out of nowhere and hit him. "Plus I don't know any Thomases. That's a fancy name. Fancy names are for mean people. I bet the fancier name a person has the meaner they are." Of course, Kade hadn't thought a lot about what having a fancy name meant, and he didn't think about it now. He was five, after all. A name was fancy or it wasn't, and as the all-knowing (a.k.a. knowing nothing at all) five-year-old, he had the last say on what a fancy name was.

~Shilo Saga~
    “You said you hated me!” Shilo retorted, though he was right. That didn’t really give her the right to push him. But she wasn’t going to let him know she thought that. At his hypothesis that the fancier the name, the meaner someone was, she felt offended. Not for her own name, but her mother’s. “My Mamai has a fancy name and she’s the nicest person in the world,” she told him, sounding affronted. That’s one of the reasons that her father had fallen in love with her, so she was told. Caoihme’s golden heart.
    [/div][/div]

KADE

"Everyone lies to kids about how nice they are," Kade said. "I bet she's done mean things and you just don't know it. That's how fancy people do mean things. They do it sneakily. And sneaky ones are... big mean!" He frowned. "Really mean...der. More meaner!" Kade crossed his arms. "If I'm mean and I'm not sneaky then at least it's not big mean!"

~Shilo Saga~
    "My Mamai doesn't lie," Shilo said, her voice going deep like Kade's had when they first met in the woods. But she wasn't trying to sound dangerous, she was just angry. "And she isn't sneaky! She's nice! She does nice things for everyone, even makes Papa give money to charities because she doesn't think we need it. Good charities, like the ones that help animals and kids who don't have parents. And she always makes sure that I'm taken care of and she's never mean to me ever! Even when I'm upset and I'm being bad, she isn't mean then either." The girl was close to both of her parents, but she was especially close with her mother since her father would go on so many trips for work. Shilo couldn't even focus on the boy's main argument -- that sneaky people were more mean than upfront mean people -- because she felt like her mother's character was under attack. She wouldn't stand for it.
    [/div][/div]

KADE

Kade scoffed. "Kids without parents don't need money. They get new, better parents. And why do animals need money? Animals can't buy things." He transitioned from crossing his arms to hugging his stomach, trying to muffle the growling again. "If she's not mean to you now, then she's just saving it all up to be mean to you later. Those are the worst ones, when they can't be mean right then so they're mean later. Look, my finger clicks all weird now from this one time my Appa bent it back. Isn't it cool?" He showed Shilo his hand and bent his finger back and forth, making a clicking noise.

Carmen

Carmen just stood there, watching and listening to the two younger kids talk and talk. They still remained blissfully unaware of her presence. She didn't mind. She was gathering infromation which was good. The girl-kid was now defending her mother, whom she clearly loved dearly, and from what she gathered, the boy-kid will just insist on his bullshit theory even though the girl-kid clearly had him.

She was getting a little tired of getting annoyed so before the boy-kid could respond. She activated her blaster and shoots between them. The bolt melting the ground between.

"Nice conversion. It's fun watching two five year olds discussing life as if they know anything," Carmen said, fully aware of how cocky she sounded, she tilted her sunglasses and smiled at the two kids, her blaster trained on the boy-kid. They weren't Dominion kids but this was a test to see how tough they really were. If what she gathered was correct, the boy-kid would curse and puff his chest up and the girl-kid might give her sass. "You two should be more aware of your surroundings. I was literally here for your entire conversation and either one of you noticed me. If I had been a bad person. You two would be dead or worse."

Nightwisher Nightwisher Recko Recko

~Shilo Saga~
    "The charities help so that the kids can find better parents. And the animals don't spend the money, the charities need the money so they can take care of the animals." Shilo sounded exasperated again. "She is not going to be mean to me later!" The girl practically yelled. At the show of his finger, she wrinkled her nose in disgust and pushed it away, though there was a small, amused smile on her face as she did so. "That's gross." She chuckled. Kade had defused her anger easily. Shilo opened her mouth to say more, but then something hit the ground between them, making it melt away. The girl spun around eyes wide and afraid at first until they trained on the girl that had shot at them. Some one, a few years older than them but still a kid. She had her gun pointed at Kade. Shilo stepped in front of him a little bit, glaring at the older girl. "Doesn't seem like you're a good person," she retorted. "What do you want? The stupid adults are some where else. Why don't you go find them so you can be pointlessly violent with them?" It was bad being alone with Kade, but it was going to be worse being with this person, Shilo could tell that from the tightness in her stomach.
    [/div][/div]

KADE

When the ground between Kade and Shilo melted, Kade froze. Carmen obviously hadn't gathered enough information to accurately correct what he would do, because etiquette around people with guns and people without guns was wildly different. He'd seen enough people shot in his short life to know that guns were bad, and that they even made his dad do things... He was just silent, staring at Carmen with wide eyes and ready to bolt at any time.
His dad had used a gun once. Kade couldn't remember what they'd argued about, and he hadn't known where his dad got it, but it was super loud and his ears had been ringing for days. His dad had turned the gun on him when he'd cried out, because it was loud and it hurt... but the second bullet had missed. That was one of the only times he'd been hugged, and he hadn't liked the feel of it. It was a be-quiet hug. Too tight.
Kade didn't dare look away from Carmen.

Carmen

She smiled at the bravery and the truth she was telling. Yeah, she was needlessly violent but that was intentional. She lowered her gun and hoistered it. She noticed how the boy-kid froze while the girl-kid threw herself in front of him.

"Oh good. It's interesting to see how people respond to a sudden attack." She smiled, genuinely this time. She didn't bother to go to them though, they were just shot at so it's no surprise if they didn't trust her. She plopped her gum into her mouth and chewed. "This would be where I introduce myself but considering that I just shot at you, that pleasantry is out the window." She smiles and sits down.

~Shilo Saga~
    Shilo felt Kade still frozen behind her but didn't know how to fix him. She could tell him to run... But then the girl holstered the gun. Shilo didn't move, watching her closely, teal eyes stern. The look was a tad mature for the child, but she'd seen her father's stern look enough to be able to mimic it well already. She remained silent, not responding to the older girl's words. There was no point to. She hadn't said anything interesting, just stated the facts of the situation that she, herself, had created.
    [/div][/div]

Carmen

She knew that somewhere in her mind, she had fucked up. But she didn't know what she fucked up. She was just a creation created by another kid, a kid who probably thought that guns are for shooting and didn't know gun etiquette. She didn't know that. She just knew that her unwarranted attack was not a good way to introduce herself. But at this point in her life, remorse and empathy was not her strong suit.

".... you two can relax, I won't hurt you." She smiled, not getting what she just did, but knew that steely eye anywhere. The five year old was pretty damn good at her job. "Why don't we just pretend this didn't happen, yay?"

Carmen tried to smile but something in her mind was screaming at her relentlessly. She grimaced at the screaming. It was so loud she can almost hear it.

KADE

Kade started inching away. He kept tense even when Carmen sat down, because just because she was sitting didn't mean she wouldn't draw the gun again, and they were in the middle of a field. Open targets. Fuck. He reached out and grabbed Shilo's wrist tightly, almost in a warning. She was being stupid for talking back. You didn't talk back to someone who had a gun. He glanced over to the edge of the field. Was it far enough away? She would have to draw, aim, and then shoot. How fast could Shilo run back towards cover?
He'd take murder-plants over a gun any day.

~Shilo Saga~
    The child remained silent, looking at the older female with her hard glare, which only softened in surprise when Kade grabbed her wrist. It hurt, but she wasn't going to admit it. Besides, he was scared, she knew that. She was too. Shilo looked back at him for a heartbeat, then to the girl. "Leave us alone," she demanded, returning to her hard glare. She backed up a step so that they could get moving. Running was definitely going to knocking the poultice off of their legs, more so than walking would have, but that was the least of their worries. She took another step back, planting her foot to pivot and then bolted away, just like she had with the plants. Kade was fast, and he was already on edge, hopefully he could keep his grip on her wrist and they could make it to the treeline just as quickly as they'd made it away from the plants.
    [/div][/div]

KADE

Kade took Shilo's cue and dashed off with her, definitely not caring about the gross leg poultice or even aggravating his cuts. He was full of adrenaline right now, and that took away all the pain, at least momentarily. He didn't dare look back until they were past the tree line, because he knew that made them ever so slightly slower... and even when he made it to the tree line, he didn't stop, immediately changing directions, and then changing again. It caused a bit of tugging on Shilo's wrist, but why should he even be thinking about that? Running first. Getting away.

Hermione

She was calm, focused, determined. Calm, focused, determined. At least that's what Hermione kept telling herself as she started walking across an unfamiliar beach that she had literally just appeared in it. She was walking for quite some time, her knees aching when she saw him. A tall blonde haired man with an axe on his back. She freezes, suddenly unsure of herself, but he didn't seem like Dominion so she approached.

"Excuse me, sir. I appear to be lost. Do you happen to know where I am?"

She suspected that he might be lost too but she had to try.
Nightwisher Nightwisher

~Shilo Saga~
    Shilo followed along with Kade's movement easily. Though, the jerking she could have done with out, at least she knew how to run in areas with trees and foliage. She didn't tell him to stop, she didn't tell him to slow, she just kept running with him. Until she was sure that the girl was gone. "Hey," she finally spoke up, breathing hard. "I think-think we're safe. And-," she stopped to take a few breaths. "You're really hurting my wrist." She finally admitted. Now she was definitely going to try and avoid grabbing him like that in the future. It hurt more than she thought it did, she couldn't imagine how much it would have hurt with a bruise.
    [/div][/div]

KADE

Kade looked down at their hands and let go. "Sorry," he mumbled. "But you were being stupid! You don't talk back to a person who has a gun! They're... They're really bad. They're ultra mean." He went back to hugging his stomach and sat down on some roots. The hugging helped to hide the shaking in his hands. "Plus they're loud. Even if you don't get hit it rings for ages. You didn't get hit, right, dumbass?"

~Shilo Saga~
    "She shot at the ground! She probably wasn't going to shoot us!" Shilo snapped back, but she knew he was right. But they couldn't just run while the gun was aimed at them, could they? She sighed, rubbing her wrist and looked around the immediate area for any sign of the girl following them, but also any dangerous plants. The girl wasn't shaking. She'd shot guns before, but she'd never been at the business end of one. After a few moments, Shilo sighed and sat down next to him. "Are you okay?" Her voice sounded genuine, but she didn't know how to help him if he wasn't.
    [/div][/div]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back