Video Games Paradox Games

Iskandar

Doujin Expert
So, what is everyone's favorite Paradox Game and which do you own? I love watch Hoi4 youtubers, but only just recently got CK2, Stellaris and a few other games from a Humble Bundle. I am liking both CK2(Except for viking shits) and Stellaris. Also if you'd like to play some MP, let me know.

Due to my poor cash flow being, I unfortunately cannot afford new paradox games or DLCs. Yet, I've got quite the games:
  • Europa Universalis IV
    • With Conquest of Paradise, El Dorado, Fredman's Epistles, Fredman's Midsummer Epistles, Wealth of Nations, and Women in history DLC.
    • This is the Paradox game I play the most, with 405 hours. Yet, for a long time, I didn't really play "Hardcore." I used cheats a lot, and even when I was playing Ironman I cheated. However, more recently I've been doing uncheated Ironman in order to get some achievements. Mostly, I've been failing, but I've been doing completely well with Ottomans (Holding Vienna, Venice, and Southern England while converting them to sunni and making them Turkish).
  • Victoria II
    • With A House Divided, Heart of Darkness, Interwar sprite pack, german unit pack, American civil war sprite pack, Interwar artillery sprite pack, songs of the civil war, interwar engineer sprite pack, and interwar planes sprite pack DLCs.
    • This was my first Paradox game, with a little over a 100 hours. However, I'm not much into it anymore with with games like EU4 or CKII. I tried modding it, but my interest is practically gone. I may try it again though by converting an EU4 save to it.
  • Crusader Kings II
    • With only South Indian Portraits for DLC.
    • I find this to be the most "humanized" of the Paradox grand strategies, mostly because I'm dealing with people instead of nations, to the point where I say that it's almost an RPG. I got a little over a 100 hours in this as well. I find this to be extremely easy, and extremely difficult no matter who you play. I've tried various mods with this, such as a Skyrim mod. I've tried Ironman with this, and so far my only success was in Southern Italy.
  • Hearts of Iron III
    • No DLC
    • I found this one to be a little complicated, and not much worth putting hours into. However, I do want to buy its sequel.
  • Cities Skyline
    • I've found this to be the best city builder in my library. I like how much detail they put into city management.
And that's all the paradox games I got. So far, I only watch one person when it comes to paradox games (ISP), other than some tutorial videos.

Due to my poor cash flow being, I unfortunately cannot afford new paradox games or DLCs. Yet, I've got quite the games:
  • Europa Universalis IV
    • With Conquest of Paradise, El Dorado, Fredman's Epistles, Fredman's Midsummer Epistles, Wealth of Nations, and Women in history DLC.
    • This is the Paradox game I play the most, with 405 hours. Yet, for a long time, I didn't really play "Hardcore." I used cheats a lot, and even when I was playing Ironman I cheated. However, more recently I've been doing uncheated Ironman in order to get some achievements. Mostly, I've been failing, but I've been doing completely well with Ottomans (Holding Vienna, Venice, and Southern England while converting them to sunni and making them Turkish).
  • Victoria II
    • With A House Divided, Heart of Darkness, Interwar sprite pack, german unit pack, American civil war sprite pack, Interwar artillery sprite pack, songs of the civil war, interwar engineer sprite pack, and interwar planes sprite pack DLCs.
    • This was my first Paradox game, with a little over a 100 hours. However, I'm not much into it anymore with with games like EU4 or CKII. I tried modding it, but my interest is practically gone. I may try it again though by converting an EU4 save to it.
  • Crusader Kings II
    • With only South Indian Portraits for DLC.
    • I find this to be the most "humanized" of the Paradox grand strategies, mostly because I'm dealing with people instead of nations, to the point where I say that it's almost an RPG. I got a little over a 100 hours in this as well. I find this to be extremely easy, and extremely difficult no matter who you play. I've tried various mods with this, such as a Skyrim mod. I've tried Ironman with this, and so far my only success was in Southern Italy.
  • Hearts of Iron III
    • No DLC
    • I found this one to be a little complicated, and not much worth putting hours into. However, I do want to buy its sequel.
  • Cities Skyline
    • I've found this to be the best city builder in my library. I like how much detail they put into city management.
And that's all the paradox games I got. So far, I only watch one person when it comes to paradox games (ISP), other than some tutorial videos.
The amount of DLCs Paradox pumps out is absurd. 200+ dollars for all the CK2 DLC.

I don't have EU4, but it is one of the ones I want. i hear it is the hardest of the 4 current Paradox games out.

Haven't played Victoria 2, and it seems like a rather smaller and more limited Paradox Game.

I have CK2, and boy do I like it. I really like the RPG aspect of it and how I am dealing with people, not nations. It is pretty hard at first, and has a slow and unhelpful tutorial. I had some success with Italy in the Viking Era. Taking a majority of eastern France before Viking shits happened ;-;. I am currently playing it with the Elder Kings Mod which is fantastic. I've noticed that it is pretty easy once you get into the rhythm of your leader, but once they die, it typically gets hard again because most of my heirs have been shit.

Hearts of Iron III is another one I have, but wont be playing anytime soon. I want Hearts of Iron 4 more.

City Skylines is interesting, I really want that one. It looks really fun.

I watch a lot of Paradox Games youtubers. ISP, Drew Durnil, Alex the Rambler, Boekon1, Valefisk, Rimmy.

The amount of DLCs Paradox pumps out is absurd. 200+ dollars for all the CK2 DLC.

I don't have EU4, but it is one of the ones I want. i hear it is the hardest of the 4 current Paradox games out.

Haven't played Victoria 2, and it seems like a rather smaller and more limited Paradox Game.

I have CK2, and boy do I like it. I really like the RPG aspect of it and how I am dealing with people, not nations. It is pretty hard at first, and has a slow and unhelpful tutorial. I had some success with Italy in the Viking Era. Taking a majority of eastern France before Viking shits happened ;-;. I am currently playing it with the Elder Kings Mod which is fantastic. I've noticed that it is pretty easy once you get into the rhythm of your leader, but once they die, it typically gets hard again because most of my heirs have been shit.

Hearts of Iron III is another one I have, but wont be playing anytime soon. I want Hearts of Iron 4 more.

City Skylines is interesting, I really want that one. It looks really fun.

I watch a lot of Paradox Games youtubers. ISP, Drew Durnil, Alex the Rambler, Boekon1, Valefisk, Rimmy.

I wouldn’t say that EU4 is hard, but it is punishing. It’s easy to understand with some attention to detail and watching some let’s plays. The problem it is hard to recover from a bad event. For instance, a single battle can determine the outcome of the war if the sides are even enough. The trick, as far as I know, is to not get into these bad events.

In some ways, I find it easier than CKII. For instance, in EU4 your army size is not as dynamic as it is in CKII, worrying about an heir is not much a concern as it is in CKII, and less things (like fabricating a claim) are reliant on chance.

Yet, I do love the RPG aspects of CKII. It makes you feel more apart of the story.

As for Victoria II, as much as I liked it at first, I wouldn’t recommend it. It’s mechanics have been superseded by mechanics in EU4 and Hearts of Iron IV. If they ever create a Victoria III, which seems very unlikely, then I may suggest using that. Otherwise, I would choose something like the prior mentioned or Stellaris.

I have:

Crusader Kings 2 with The Old Gods, The Republic, Legacy of Rome, and others. I don't have Way of Life or Charlemagne though.

Hearts of Iron III; IV with DLCs. Honestly even though I learned (well enough for the most part) 3, I don't see myself going back to it. 4 is just more appealing and fun. People give it shit but the thing is, not everyone wants to tackle a Windows Excel spreadsheet/slider simulator or have a ton to keep track of. Same thing with the likes of the Black Ice mod--not everyone wants to worry about (probably literally) a thousand more things to research and produce and build, and a bunch of other stuff to stay on top of all the time.

Skylines - I'm a creative person but I shut myself down a lot because of all the possibilities of creativity lol. I can't decide what I want to do sometimes! I have made much use of the workshop too. Only problem is it doesn't run all that smoothly on my laptop but oh well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back