• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Paradisia ✧ Another Tale (always accepting!)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Sir Ursine/ The Aide
Interactions: Open

A metal carriage rolled into Paradisia, the carriage seemed to be made of steel, though it was still quite elegant in design, fitting of a noble. A skilled blacksmith might notice that it wasn't made of ordinary steel but of the enchanted variety. A single man guided the 2 horses in the front of the carriage. It was clear however this man was merely doing his job. Within are the true stars of this carriage. Within was an easily forgettable girl, and a bear stuffed into noble clothes. The girl was speaking to this bear.

"Sir Ursine, we have arrived in Paradisia so I'll remind you of our goal, and itinerary. First, our goal in Paradisia is to get on the good side of the queen and raise our foreign influence. It sounds like a simple goal, however there is quite the maneuvering we will have to do to succeed. We won't actually meet the queen today as she is busy today with the Victory Festival. Tomorrow we will be entering the castle, I have sent word ahead of time for our meeting, so there shouldn't be much trouble getting in.
But today is a festival and although you don't enjoy the atmosphere, perhaps you should burn off some steam by competing in the tournament. Before hand we will set up our rooms in the inn we will be staying at, I chose a high class one near the castle in order to keep our image. Any questions?"

The bear replied in growls. However the girl understood.

"So we can discuss the plans for dealing with the politics tonight, but what is your information on the competition."

"There are two main issues in the tournament. One is Mysteria, she has fire powers, but if you keep a calm mind you shouldn't have much trouble. The second is Lucien, he is a skilled swordsman, but he may have a technique that lets him bypass armor, if not, hes easy game."

The two continued chatting about less important details on the rest of the carriage ride. Once they secured a room, Sir Ursine and his Aide made way for the tournament grounds. The bear seemed confident, but in truth he was terrified by the festival going on around him. Each laugh and bright paint gave him flashes, but since it wasn't a circus he wasn't losing his cool.

Last edited:

t1qqULk.png

gUlXnAW.png

Interactions: Salvagers Salvation Salvagers Salvation [ Mathias Barbaro ]

───────

"You're kidding me, right? This... you cannot be serious!"

A deadpan look mixed with the smallest bit of apprehension crossed the Anthousai's face as she stared into the tired eyes of the booth worker, then back at the three metal canisters that were somehow still standing in their triangle formation, completely intact, even after having ball after ball wrenched at them in nearly perfect aim. She gazed back to her coin purse, where she noticed her funds had been thoroughly depleted in an attempt to win the 'grand' prize of the game: a ticket, good for one free dessert, of which there were many in the carnival.

Specifically, funnel cake, which had Abilene's mouth watering the second its sweet scent hit her nose.

"Far be it from me to tell you how to do your job, good sir, but I have reason to believe this game is rigged." She said, swiftly turning away. The sweet scent of funnel cake invaded her nose once again, a cruel reminder of the ridiculously impossible game behind her. Finally, she walked up to the funnel cake booth, waiting patiently in line. She pondered a few things: specifically, why she spent nearly a quarter of the savings she'd brought along with her on a game, when she could've just bought the funnel cake itself for a significantly cheaper stipend.

Abilene adored the Victory Fay Festival. Year after year, she'd lie down in wait each night until the day finally came into fruition. It was one of her free days off, where she could enjoy the festivities of the town, look at her hometown in awe. Her favorite part, however, was running her own booth, where she'd sell flowers she conjured at a visitor's request. The Victory Day Festival always bustled with sunlight and gave Abilene quite the boost of energy, so it was a perfect day to put her gift to use.

For now, her booth sat in wait with a messily scribbled om piece of parchment paper reading 'out for lunch' laying still in the booth's window. She nodded in thanks once an attendant handed her the oh so craved funnel cake, and looked for a place to sit. Somewhere peaceful, perhaps?

She decided on an oak tree, which seemed to provide adequate shade. She looked at the boy under it, before sitting down. "I hope you don't mind my sitting here." She looked down, in thought. "Are you enjoying the day's festivities?" She took a bite of her dessert, which she reveled in as she waited for a response.

Eithne Märchen

—◦✧◦✧◦—​

March looked up from the prone form she had dragged across her now not-as-clean floorboards and stood up, wiping nonexistent dust off her apron.

“I would have said nice to meet you too if you were to come ten minutes earlier, but now might not be the time for a nice neighbourly chat.” She nodded at him anyway, feeling that basic courtesy should at least be applied. There was always time to toss the thug out later, she supposed. “My name is Eithne Märchen; call me March. ‘Bread girl’ is apt, though not something I would particularly like to be called on a daily basis.”

She resumed tugging the man to the doorway before dropping him there for a moment. Circling back to the counter, she ducked underneath for her satchel. It should have enough money if she needed to buy some lunch or any trinkets that caught her fancy at the Victory Day grounds.

“Are you here for a talk? Or some bread?” March said, as she lifted the straps of her bag over her head. “I’m afraid I’m closing shop, so I don’t have time for much conversation, but I could get you a loaf or two before I leave for the festival grounds.”

—◦✧◦✧◦—

•INTERACTIONS•
Pandy88888 Pandy88888

Sir Wiliam Frank Henry
The guard who held Will, was pissed. The other guards all stepped in front of the Queen, and pointed their weapons at him. “What business do you have here. Speak quickly or lose your life choose” Well, who pissed in this mans pissing pot? He wondered. “I… Um I” He started and the swords ligit got close enough were the points threatened to break skin. “SPEAK” He swallowed a pent up breath. This was rather an uncomfortable situation for him. “I’m looking for the adventurers guild!” Will had hurriedly exhaled. It all came out in a quick breath. That Will was surprised the guard even heard him.

“Oh that building is over there.” He said as he pointed to a rather circular building. He had pushed Will back on his feet, and the weapons retracted. Well that was hairy. And so Will quickly scurried on his way. A free man once again. Thankfully today was the festival or he probably would have been put away for an attempt at vivienne’s life.

Will was so excited to finally join the Adventurers guild that as he went to cross the street he was bumped into by a short human. ”Are you quite alright miss?” He kneeled down, and offered her one of his hands.

@adropofdew-

Mathias Barbaro~Castle Servant~Interactions: Nocturne. Nocturne.

There was a distinct pleasure derived from crowd watching. Sure, it was enjoyable to be in the hustle and bustle, taking in the delectable smells, and bargaining with merchants. Mathias could see the fun in just absorbing the life and warmth around him, appreciating Paradisian culture. But, it was also an override of the senses, a whirl of just feelings, that leaves one in a daze with a vague understanding of what just happened. Yes, sitting away from the crowd, food and toys in hand, was the true way of enjoying the festival. Time seemed to pass with each methodical thump of his heart. The gentle breeze brought a palate cleansing scent of herbs and grass from the nearby bushes and trees. Watching streams of people going back and forth the festival stalls, Mathias found himself glad to be away from it all. Victory day celebrations was purely hedonistic on his part, so his gift left him hungry and easily exhausted. Being in that crowd, as extroverted as he may be, it was draining.

Leaning back on the bench, he could hear the aged wood creak with his weight. "Haagh," the servant sighed, idly nibbling on his skewered BBQ pork. He could really go for a drink, but that would mean leaving his comfortable seat, getting in line, and paying for it. Honestly, he didn't really need a drink anyways. In a few hours, he would be back to work at the palace and feel right as rain. There was no reason to expend any more energy than needed, so he leaned back once again and nibbled on his savory food. With his eyes closed, he relaxed to white noise of the crowds. That was until the faint scent of fried confections wafted up his nose.

Blinking his eyes open, he had noticed the funnel cake before the girl sitting next to him. She looked vaguely familiar. Peering his eyes at her for a brief moment, he recognized her from the days that he was on gardening duty to assist in any hard labor like weeding. He never actually interacted much with her before because he was usually running around the palace getting things done. Lightly shaking his head, he gestured for her to feel welcome. "Feel free, I don't exactly have the right to deny you," he answered, glancing at the funnel cake in her hand and his own savory treat. A funnel cake would be pretty good at the moment; but once again, it was going to be a lot of work. "Am I enjoying the festival?" he asked, repeating the question, "I suppose I am. I've got food and this cute stuffed animal." He squeezed the stuffed gryphon by his side. "But, I'm particularly looking forward to the magic display at night. I think even if the morning festivities go poorly the magic display easily makes up for it. Anyways, how 'bout you? Feelin' victorious today?"

Rina Oricaryn
Interacting: Random_Potato Random_Potato (Delilah) Deadeyelee Deadeyelee (Jardyn)
Mentioned: N/A​

1591516483954.pngRina wasted no time in inspecting the sketch, as if her household didn't have dozens of artistic masterpieces. "It's... blander than I was expecting," she remarked, as if Delilah was supposed to be using an easel and palette in sketching. "I cannot fathom why you would draw a farm animal standing on hind legs, but still, it's better than the miserable 'art piece' that that forgettable son of that forgettable family tried to gift me." Rina stuck her head close between Delilah's face and the notebook, still oblivious the concept of personal space. "I was so repulsed, I ordered him to be thrown out of our household for the amount of disrespect he showed! And then his parents tried to raise a fight while in our hospitality! O~hohoho! Honestly, it was quite pathetic. You'd know how funny the entire event was if you were there."

Rina pulled her head back, becoming interested in something else. "What else do you have in here?" Rina grabbed the top of the notebook, pulling on it as if her words were absolute. Thankfully, before she could take it, a voice bellowed down from above, reminding her of what she did.

Rina jumped back from Delilah, scrambling up to see the source of the voice. However, her panic quickly subsided as she looked up at him. Nope, just a brat... And not a second later, her panic returned. A brat who's spreading horrid, horrid lies about me! Rina instinctively put the money pouch behind her back. "What? What? Me? You're accusing me, a beautiful and intelligent girl, of crime? Your words are truly despicable! It was that heinous man that sought harm against me first! It's his fault I didn't realize! It's not theft if I didn't know I had it! Therefore, I stole nothing, you fustilarian! You scullion of a brat!"

Rina turned back to Delilah, her appalled and arrogant countenance replaced by that of fear, desperation, and a hint of eagerness. "Psst, artist girl!" she shouted in a whisper, shaking the pouch. "Take it! Take it and run! And just toss it the moment you get the chance! Or keep it, I don't care! Please! I'm not getting in trouble just because some rampallions try to convict me wrongfully!" At least not on purpose. Whether she'd help or not, Rina would dash away as fast as her legs could carry her.

Rina faced Jardyn again, donning her haughty look once more. "And what's with that miserable flower crown of yours? You have no right to spread lies of someone of my status while you pride yourself in such ridiculous attire! I bet you didn't go to the Royal Guards because they're too honorable, elegant, and brilliant to believe your deceitful words!" If only she knew he was part of the Royal Guards...

1591529935452.png
Kelial Setereþ
Interacting:
StaidFoal StaidFoal (Rina), Deadeyelee Deadeyelee (Jardyn), Random_Potato Random_Potato (Delilah)​

After spending a couple of hours roaming around the fair, Kel returned to the forge, where Uncle Asæt promptly handed him a hammer, and told him to get to work; they had an urgent order to fill. While it wasn't a big order, the customer had paid double for this crate to arrive soon- as in, very soon. In fact, Kel didn't even have time to clean himself up before Uncle placed the finished weapon in the crate of boxes, handed it to Kel, and told him where to go to. Kel just blinked for a moment, confused by the sudden shift in pace. Uncle simply waved on and said a bit sharply, "Go on!"

So off set Kel, walking at a brisk pace, maneuvering his way through the crowd. He was quite a sight, his soot stained clothes and box sometimes letting loose a small torrent of the black ash when he moved too quickly. Thankfully, this made his job of getting through a bit easier, as people sort of moved out of the way, or face imminent dust. Gone was the fun and games for now, Kel supposed; maybe this was an anomaly that happened at the last minute. As Kel simply focused on making sure he wouldn't get lost, the jostle of weapons in the crate reminded him he would have to be careful- These were ðirnau-alloy swords. As in, expensive and a piece of art. In Kel's humble Thenarian opinion, anyways.

Then came the ruckus. A girl- younger than him, it looked like, though not a child- was yelling at a boy? The boy seemed well off- but so did the girl? It must be a spat. But then Kel saw that the boy had a sword- not in hand, thankfully, and was pointing at the girl. Kel decided he better step in before the argument got bloody. He set down the crate, slid it with his feet underneath a stall, bowed to a very confused stall owner, and quickly made his way to the two- wait, it was actually three. The third person was a girl around his age with brown-red- dark beech, his mother would call it- hair.

He decided to make his way in firmly; coming in, he put a hand on the girl's shoulder, and moved her behind him, before opening up his stance and aligning himself parallel to the two, swiveling his head to look at the two. "Hey, now. I have no idea what this argument is about, but surely it's too happy a day to be upset over trifling things?" Kel said in a calming voice. He looked at them both again, before turning his head to look at the boy. "Now, what's this all about?" He would get both of their opinions. Better to ask the younger first; he was probably excited and a bit startled by all of these events, and calming him down first was probably the best course of action. He also nodded at the dark beech color-haired girl. "Do you know what they're fighting about?"

Delilah

Delilah kept her mouth shut for the time that Rina talked down to her art, it didn't really matter. Her father thought her about empathy at a young age, and by the looks of it, this girl was a bit weak on boundaries and maybe a little aggressive. Though she couldn't entirely understand where all this was coming from.

She silently sat there as Rina began telling her the short story of some kind of 'forgettable family' and a painting, nervous, but amused at a certain extent. Suddenly, her amusement faded as a man in a flower crown approached them angrily, Delilah stiffened as if she wasn't anxious enough. Of course, the blonde girl began to slander him while Delilah was frozen in place. Finally, as Rina shoved the pouch of money in her hand, she snapped back to reality. "W-what?" Delilah exclaimed. Thoughts were frantically racing in her mind, her heart beat went faster and faster until she remembered her breathing exercises. She began doing them in an effort to stop herself before she could break down. After a few seconds, she calmed back down a bit. She assessed the situation. This girl said she did it on accident, true or not, she supposed she could help her. Just once.

Suddenly, another man came along, he was trying to de-escalate the situation. Delilah sat there and watched until he looked to her and asked what was happening. She was hesitant to tell him what was going on, afterall, she didn't even entirely know what was going on. After some consideration, she stood up, pouch of money in hand, mustering up all her courage, she walked up to them. "N-now there's no need to f-fuss over this.." she stuttered. She took a deep breath and shakily handed the pouch of money over to the man in the flower crown.

"Sir, if she was to give this money back, would you c-consider sparing her..?" She said. There was now nothing but silence in the air. She looked back at the boy who interviened before awkwardly. It's gonna be like this all day wasn't it?

StaidFoal StaidFoal
Deadeyelee Deadeyelee
darkborn darkborn

kyuri

Demon. Kyuri thought. That was the only logical explanation. Demon bird. She had never seen such a bird, with such a mighty beak—capable of snatching her dreams from right underneath her nose. For some reason, birds always gravitated around her. It must have been the feathered cap—some kind of symbol that screamed hey, come here, peck me. Even without the prized leeks, they were always there. Watching. Waiting. Maybe it was her scent? She did tend to smell like the wilderness, some kind of vegetable, or all of the above. Kyuri’s thoughts derailed as she bumped into someone.

“Oof!” In that moment, her cap fell off. On the ground were several more scattered leeks, ones that were hidden in her cap. Her secret wasn’t much of a secret anymore. Her cheeks reddened, embarrassed. She looked up at the white haired boy, and for a moment, hesitated before grabbing his hand. “Mr. White Hair, you have to help me!” She pointed dramatically at a random direction. “There’s a menace on the loose in Paradisia!” Her eyes were ablaze with determination. “We have to stop it!”
interactions • Twisted Tea Twisted Tea

Jardyn Caedwyn
Interacting with: Random_Potato Random_Potato StaidFoal StaidFoal darkborn darkborn
kid, Donghwan Kim.png

Jardyn had tried really hard to give her the benefit of the doubt. Sure he had tried to come off as authoritative, but he doubted she would have even acknowledged him otherwise. He was honestly unprepared for the tirade he received in return. He could almost feel his heart hardening. He'd come here to recover the purse, and hear her side of the story. And now she was painting him as the dishonorable one? His face flushed red. He was not an angry person, but he clenched his fists, visibly exhaling as he dropped from his high perch to the ground level below. She wanted to make a scene? Fine. But he'd answer her toxicity with truth and kindness. He straightened his parade dress uniform before approaching, when a soot covered young man approached him, and inquired into the meaning of the disturbance.

"I apologize. My name is Jardyn of House Caedwyn. My superiors in the Royal Guard are busy making sure everyone safe and having a good time at the festival." He spoke purposefully louder than he needed to. A bit of stage play, his benefactor would call it, so that everyone around could hear it. Including the mean loudmouth, who he turned his head to face. "I'd like to avoid bothering them with something as trifling as a misunderstanding over a purse, savvy? So today a Royal Guard Trainee will have to suffice." He looked her in the eyes forcing himself to push out the anger, and mean what he said, as the girl who had been drawing something dropped the purse in his hand.

"Sparing her? Indeed, that would be the best for everyone, wouldn't it. Let everyone eat, drink, and be merry as our hero would have wanted. I never accused her of any crime after all." He brushes the hair from his face, collecting his thoughts and reflecting on his oaths. "I ask only one thing, but I will not demand it of her. That she do the honorable thing, take back the vile and patently false things she claimed of me and my paternity. It is not a matter of personal pride, but on behalf of the Royal Guard, and those of my family who have given their lives in the service of Her Royal Highness, who cannot defend their honor themselves. I know not what house she belongs to, but if it is one whose word carries water, she knows what she must do." He raises his chin, and speaks more quietly so only the involved parties can hear. "Or she can run, as I suspect by her behavior she often does."

Garwin Ventarables
Interacting with: No one at the moment
manz.jpg

As the sun began to beat down on the sand filled arena, Garwin closed his eyes, and began to silently count. He'd ended up with the first match-up of the day. It would have been insulting had he forgotten where he was. Instead of a crowd of bloodthirsty hooligans, there was a rumbling cacophony and the snapping of banners and pennants in the wind. Instead of shit and blood, sand, iron and sugar. This was a sporting mockery of the pits he thought as the master of ceremonies began introducing the combatants. And whatever poor bastard they deigned to put up against him would be crushed. And then would come the nobility, and the products of their fancy schools. He'd crush them too. They should stick to jousting. The arena belonged to him. It always had, and it always will. He constructed the small sand arena in his mind's eye, focusing on it, and it alone. Having pushed the rest of his surroundings from his thoughts, he opened his eyes to face his opponent.

Garwin looked down at the adventurer across from him, but that was almost a given thanks to his size. But it appeared he had nothing to fear of the organizers underestimating him. He had expected to be lined up against an up-and-comer, or some noble poff's son. No, now his blood pumping. Across from him was a being whose true age was known to few, and suspected by some to be uncountable. "Ragar of the Blue Scales. I was not aware you'd be gracing us with your presence for this tournament. Surely you have a new party to babysit?"

His opponent tilted his head slightly to better study him with his remaining reptilian eye. "Hmph. A herd is only as good as it's young. It is the duty of the old to guide and teach. And sometimes, discipline." Beneath his luminous scales, his muscles bulged as he reached back to retrieve his venerable axe, and bring it to his front.

"Today it is you who will learn. That is if old lizards can learn new tricks." Garwin cleanly drew his greatsword, the corner of his mouth surging upward as he took a strong forward stance.

Ragar only snorted and took a stance in kind. Garwin tightened his grip on his sword. His heart beat steady in his chest like the war drums that reverberated across the festival, his body almost trembled in anticipation of the clash that would occur at the sound of the gong. He watched in his peripheral as the mallet swung and like an arrow from a bowstring he exploded into action. He flew forward in a mighty leap off the line, cutting a vicious downward arc in a bid to put the armored lizard on the immediate defensive. But just like Garwin prided himself on his unexpected speed, Ragar was agile. He stepped swiftly to the side leaving Garwin down at air, and open for a horizontal counter swing.

Garwin followed his momentum down, avoiding an early appointment with the grave, but catching the haft of the axe to his chin as the lizard pivots it upward, forcing him to stumble a step backward. The reptile knew his stuff, Garwin could give credit where it was due. Axes that long are generally unwieldy and rubbish at close range, but the bastard was using it as if it were a feather light staff. This was going to be tricky.

But Garwin would rather die then admit that there was a tank alive better than him.

Sir William Frank Henry​
The woman’s small hand had fit in William’s palm perfectly. He blushed a bit, and helped her up. She was saying something about a demon around. He looked in the direction she pointed but didn’t quite see any demons afoot. Just regular townsfolk walking around the little commotion they had caused. He saw her cap was on the ground and green stalks sticking out of it. Leeks? He wondered. Picking up the hat and her leeks he handed back to her. “Here you go ma’am, my names Will.” he said with a smile on his face. “Shoot! I’ve gotta register for the Adventurers guild. They guard said it was that building.” He said rather hurriedly. He unconsciously Grabbed the girls hand, and proceeded to enter the arena. When they entered they were greeted by a nice fox lady behind a counter. “Would you like to sign up?” she had asked. Excitedly Will took up a pen, and signed his name. “I’ll be an adventurer before too long!” He excitedly squealed. He trusted the guard so he didn’t even think twice about if he was in the right place. The fox lady had taken the forms back and smiled. “Your up soon Sir Will, please wait for your name to be called.”

@adropofdew-

f9a2f04a56baa18fff1950fe0c0f492d.jpg
Milan quite enjoyed the quietness his position offered. It allowed him to keep focus and observe the crowd below as he looked for signs of those committing crimes. You know, guard duty things. While he did spot suspicious rookie thieves, they weren't attempting anything yet so he let them be. He also kept an eye out for his trouble-making sister. He could only hope she still had her head on, after all, she was trailing behind Lucien and she had a knack for annoying the boy. Well, she had a knack to annoy anyone really, not that he'd ever say such thing. During another scope of the crowd, he noticed a young lady frantically weaving through the crowds and looking quite upset. Only stopping when she bumped into someone else.

Milan noted she was pointing toward the sky and began to scan for what she was pointing to since it was too hard to tell what she saying to the boy she was with. Sure enough, he spotted a bird flying away with what he assumed to be her leek. Oh, you've got to be kidding me. Milan thought, groaning at the sight. He didn't want to even bother helping, it wasn't even a true crime in his eyes. I mean it's just a bird for crying out loud, you can't charge a bird with theft. He thought it over for a moment and figured the young girl would only cause more trouble trying to catch the bird. With a rather long sigh, he set his bow and quiver down and shifted into his falcon form. He was able to fly and quickly catch up with the bird luckily, and gently, or as gently as possible, grabbed it with his talons. He then descended towards the ground and shifted back into human form, leek in one hand and the thief (by the talons/feet) in the other. He spotted the boy dragging the girl off and quickly followed after. The bird seemed rather confused on how it ended up in Milan's hand and was just dazed. "I believe this belongs to you," Milan muttered, talking about the leek as he handed it to the girl. INTERACTING: Twisted Tea Twisted Tea adropofdew- adropofdew-

09f43bcf813ad3a9034fa0abdb090806.jpg
Maisie was staring into space, imagining who knows what. She's always spacing out at times when she isn't doing anything 'productive'. With a sigh, she turned her attention back to Lucien as he began scolding her for her so-called behavior. It's definitely not the first time she's gotten this talk from him. But hey, she got him to talk at least. For a moment she waved and smiled at the people they passed, most whom seemed annoyed or scared of Lucien but smiled back at her friendly behavior. "Announcing our intentions? Sir, everyone knows you to be captain of the guard, I'm pretty sure they already know our intentions just by seeing you walking around. Not to mention the uniforms we wear are prettyyyyy noticeable." Maisie said, voice cheerful as ever, even despite Lucien's words. (if they aren't in uniform let me know so i can edit that bit.)

When Lucien stopped, she almost hadn't noticed and actually almost ran him over. He better be happy she had quick reflexes or else she would be embarrassing them both right now. Admittedly, it would have been kinda funny to see him fall and his reaction, but she rather liked her head. She had to stop herself from rolling her eyes at his words. He was rather....predictable. While it was entertaining to see his reaction, him calling her childish struck a nerve in her. She knew full well she was 'childish' in some ways, but friendly teasing wasn't childish. While she may have used the formal title of Sir earlier, she had no plans using it now. "Yes, yes. Childish. I hear that enough from both you and my brother. There's nothing childish with attempting to have friendly banter. Perhaps you've forgotten that i'm not that much taller than you and that I could have easily kept up with you." She said, the first part rather bitterly. She began walking again, setting the pace and seemingly back to her normal self. "Now now, back to business shall we? Oh! The tournament is starting soon!" Maisie said excitedly. "I'm sure you're excited, the queen will be watching after all." She teased as she looked back in his direction with a slight smirk. "Perhaps i'll get paired with you and we can settle things that just happened." She chuckled, before returning her attention to the crowd. After all, pretty much any experienced guard knew Maisie was quite skilled....and quite a dirty fighter if she's holding a grudge. [interacting with: Lucien, spookie spookie

Interaction: Twisted Tea Twisted Tea

At the call of their names two people entered the arena, one a confused young man who had no idea that he even registered in a tournament until now. And the other was a bear. The young man was Sir Will, who was angry at the guard who lied to him, and worried about this bear that doubled his height. The bear, Sir Ursine, on the other hand was calm, he could sense the weakness and unease in his opponent. Ursine took a single deep breath, not to calm his nerves, but as a sigh of how this novice was going to lose so early in the tournament. They both walked to the center of the arena, one calm, the other frantically searching for a solution.

With a strike of the mallet, and the bang of a drum, the fight was off. Sir Will forgot his training as the adrenaline peaked. He charged forward and swung his sword down with all his might. Sir Ursine seemed disinterested in the attack as it clanged off the namesake of Urisne's species, his fur which was more protective than full plate armor. The sword vibrated in Will's hands, a distraction that costed him his defense. With a forceful yet gentle slap of his paw, the ironhide bear sent William flying. However, the human was not going to give up easily. Will stood up, still winded from the attack. Ursine merely stood there, allowing his opponent to recover. Sir William charged forward once more and swung for the underside of the standing bear. However even the fur on the bear's waist was just as hard. But this didn't throw William for a loop again, he immediately shifted into a leg sweep. Sir Ursine was less balanced in his standing state, but the massive weight of a bear with metal fur proved too much for a human to sweep. With William in such a low stance, Sir Ursine put forth a strike to end the match. The paw of the massive bear struck against Sir Wills head. William put his sword up to defend against the strike. However, the strike had too much force to block. It shattered the long sword and incapacitated William in one instant. With Sir William defeated, a bang of the drum signaled the end. Sir Ursine carried the unconscious body to the medical tent. Part way through the trek the Aide met up with Ursine.

"You played around too much, it looked bad for the boy."

With a few growls the bear responded. Which seemed to translate to the Aide:
"I feel bad for breaking his sword, leave him one of our spares as an apology."
"Understood, I'm certain he will be grateful for such an expensive weapon."
The Aide left to fetch an Enchanted Steel Long Sword, Which she would leave at the boy's tent along with the shards of his old sword.

Luka
IMG_0011.JPG Luka blinked a few times, tilting his head as he listened. "Ooh, how interesting! I've seen some architecture and exotic creatures on my adventures with the Guild, but probably not near as many as you!" the Kitria stated cheerfully, as he quite enjoyed any tales of strange or faraway things.

Luka just shrugged when Herbert offered him a bow, as he didn't care for formalities relating to the Royal Guard... they were all far too uptight in his opinion. "Bah, don't worry about that! I may serve as their healer, but I'm not all stuck up like most of them are... all we really have in common is a distaste for our Captain," he said with a mischievous giggle. At the mention of other Kitria however, his tone changed entirely. "Wait, so you've met other Kitria? Where? What were they like? I... haven't seen any of my own kind in so long..." It was sadly true that even in a city as lively and diverse as Paradisia, Luka remained the only one of his kind. He'd adapted rather well to common language and culture, but that didn't mean he wouldn't occasionally miss the company of those more similar.

Candy, however, was enough to snap him out of his nostalgic haze. "As long as you don't poke my ears, okay, that's a fair trade for candy!" Luka said with a nod, lowering his soft white ears a bit so that Herbert could pat his fluffy hair without bumping into them. "As for tagging along, sure, if you don't mind being near the tournament's medical tent... because of course it's my job to patch up all those whiny babies if they get hurt," he added indignantly, a hand on his beribboned hip.

Gesturing for the Demlemon to follow him, Luka took off at a swift walking pace towards the now-crowded arena. "C'mon, I don't wanna be late or Lucien will yell at me again... the tournament seems to have started already!"

Interactions: Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3

Rina Oricaryn
Interacting: Random_Potato Random_Potato (Delilah) Deadeyelee Deadeyelee (Jardyn) darkborn darkborn (Kel)
Mentioned: N/A​

1591754234962.pngRina watched in horror as the stolen pouch was handed over to Jardyn. Even if you're nice and compliment their paintings, they'll still turn in the incriminating evidence. She tensed up when someone came along and grabbed her. When she looked at Kel's hand, holding her shoulder, her eyes watered; not from her current situation with a member of the Royal Guard, or the fact that some man came up, grabbed her shoulder, and pushed her behind him, but because she found her shoulder pads stained with soot. What in the world do you think you're doing?! Defiling me with no hesitation?! What kind of fluttering raggabrash are you to commit such atrocities against me of all people?! So much she wanted to say, all left unsaid.

Things didn't get any better when the kid who called her out formally introduced himself. "House Caedwyn..? The... The Royal Guard..?" she muttered. How was I supposed to know he was a knight? Is the brilliance and elegance of such a position hidden when the person is a trainee? What house I belong to? What gave it away? Certainly not my eloquent way of speaking, was it? I doubt I'm that obvious... As if she did not attempt to rub her status in Jardyn's face not too long ago...

The arrogant aura around her was gone, and Rina was now nervously fidgeting and trying to hide behind Kel. She wanted to pull her hat over her head, or dig a hole and hide there until this confrontation was over. If Mother and Father were here, they'd raise hell against the Royal Guard for disrespecting their daughter. But they weren't here, and Rina could only speak for herself. Normally, she would have run—the thrill from being chased would have been worth it—but then Jardyn's last statement would be made true! This effectively trapped her like a rabid dog. How are you going to dig yourself out of this, Rina? Mother and Father say I'm genius for a reason! Think! Looking between everyone, Rina could only sigh with misery. Cornered and incriminated by the evidence... There's nothing else I can do...

Rina drooped her head in. "I didn't steal the pouch because I wanted to!" She wrestled herself free of Kel's grasp, desperately rubbing her stained shoulder pad. "The truth is..." She directed a teary-eyed scowl towards Kel, raising a finger at him. "It's all his plan! I was to drop off what I stole around this area, and he would come by to pick them all up for himself! He threatened to do horrid, horrid things to my ill mother unless I helped with his schemes!" She covered her eyes with her free arm, trying to stifle her guilty sobs to no avail.

1591770092547.png
Herbert
interaction: spookie spookie
"oh? really now? well, I'm rather sure you have run into at least one thing that iv not would it would be marvellous to exchange stories sometime" Herbert would reply a cheerful tone. Luka's reaction to Herbert's bow did prompt him to chuckle if ever so slightly "oh I do apologies, I can in truth be overly formal on occasions" he'd respond Herbert's tail swung slower as he noticed Luka's sudden change in disposition when he'd made mention of other Kitria. "yes yes it is true iv ran into at least ten on my travels so far, generally, you only ever see them in rather far-flung locations these days most recent interaction aside form yourself... was at least a decade ago" he'd respond once again with a bit of a sigh as overall herbert found Kitria to be rather amusing to interact with, it did seem Luka had quickly shifted his attention to the candy offered in return for head pats and herbert just kinda following along "very well I understand no touching the ears" herbert would say before using one of his four arms to pat Luka, and just as he expected it was rather pleasant "though I must say you are undeniably fluffy Luka. and I don't mind at all perhaps I could be of some assistance? in the case of transporting the injured, that is" herberts response was essentially a combination of a complement and agreement, thusly Herbert would follow Luka along Herbert's incredibly long tail coiling itself back up into the spiky necklace. luckily for the pair Herbert's stature and general appearance did mean people moved out of the way for them. "if you wouldn't mind, elaborating on this Lucien fellow... I know if I remember correctly he's a rather mysterious fellow captain of the royal guard yes?"

1591786826156.png
Leroy
Interaction: anyone

Leroy entered the gates of Paradisia and let out a long sigh. He'd been walking for three days straight and had become quite exhausted. Leroy sat in silence for a few moments before realising, im here, now what? As he stood trying to think of what exactly his next course of action would be, he came to a sudden realization. Where are all the people? I'd heard cities were much more populated than this? Though he could hear the sounds of a very large crowd nearby, the street was practically empty. As Leroy began wandering the streets looking for an answer, the answer quickly found him. People as far as the eye could see! Leroy had never seen so many people gathered in one place in his entire life! Sure there were celebrations back in his village but nothing like this!
Leroy began excitedly wandering through the croud, taking in all the new sights and smells. As he wandered, he quickly noticed numerous booths set up with items and food on display. Just then Leroy's stomach let out a loud growl. I suppose i could go for some food. Leroy walked up to a small booth with various fruits and vegetables on display.
The vendor noticed Leroy and said in a friendly tone, "How can i help you lad?"
"This please." Leroy said, pointing at an apple.
"Very well then, that'll be one copper." responded the vendor, looking expectantly at the strangely dressed boy.
"Err.. copper?" Leroy said, looking very confused.
The vendor, now looking slightly annoyed responded, "Yes, give me one copper and you can have the apple."
Now even more confused Leroy stood in silence, not knowing what to say.
"You're not from around here are you?.. look" *The vendor pointed to the instrument on the boy's back* "Asumming you can play that thing, find some place to sit with some people nearby and play some music, if you're decent you're bound to get tossed a few coins, once that happens come back here and i'll sell you the apple, alright?"
Leroy just nodded his head and turned around. He walked for a bit until he found an empty bench. Well, suppose this'll do. Leroy sat down, pulled out his instrument and began tuning. Already, before he'd even finished tuning, a curious onlooker stood and stared expectantly at the boy and his instrument. Guess I'll begin. Leroy rested his left hand gently on the fretboard and positioned his right hand on the strings. He started by playing a simple tune to warm up. A couple more people joined the onlooker, now forming a crowd. As he played, Leroy's fingers moved gracefully across the familiar fretboard, moving from position to position, chord to chord, coming together to play the exact sounds Leroy wants. A couple more people joined. Before he knew it Leroy had become completely engrossed in his playing, he began playing song after song, as he'd practiced on numerous lonely nights. Leroy looked up for a moment to see a croud of about ten people watching him. What's this? Are they smiling? Do they enjoy my music? Underneath Leroy's mask cracked the biggest smile he'd ever had in his life. And so he played...

(Please tell me any critiques you may have or errors you've noticed as i'm still pretty inexperienced. Excited to join this rp!)​

Last edited:

• Luka
    IMG_0011.JPG"Hey, thanks for not being like those humans who just have to touch my ears," Luka said, rolling his eyes at how inconsiderate most were... if they'd bothered to learn anything about Kitrian culture, they'd know how rude such a gesture was. In response to Herbert's mention of how fluffy his hair felt, Luka giggled. "Hehe, I get that a lot! And sure, I'd appreciate it... the tent staff can deal with minor stuff, I only need to be there in case someone gets busted up or like, almost dies or something."

As he made his way though the bustling crowd of festival goers with his bag of candy in hand, Luka couldn't help but wonder about the other Kitria mentioned earlier. He'd have to ask Herbert more about them when he could, the Demlemon's offer of exchanging stories sounded wonderful to him. For now at least, his newfound companion was definitely making their trip easier... being so small, Luka would often get lost in a crowd if he wasn't careful.

At his next question, the Kitria snickered. "Lucien? He is, and he acts like it makes him soooo special. Luka shook his head, as though he found his master's attitude completely ridiculous. "As for him being mysterious, well, maybe a little. He was found in a foreign land as a child with terrible wounds and brought back to Paradisia by Amelia herself. The Queen took him in right then, and I was assigned to heal him. It was kind of a miracle he survived with no lasting effects I guess, but most of his memories were lost. All he had on him to hint at an origin was a locket inscribed with "LACRIMOSA". Anyway, most people know him as Paradisia's top swordsman and our youngest ever captain, total perfectionist, horrible temperament, blah blah blah. He'll be fighting in the tournament today if you're still curious," he added in a rather bored tone. Soon enough, Luka reached his destination and nodded to the assistant healers already gathered there.

"Aha, here's the medical tent! We can just sit outside for now."

Interactions: Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3

Tex Al'Rai
Interactions: Open
Tex was at the center of the festival, surrounded by participating civilians and adventurers as he was decorated with colorful beads and bells along his wrists, neck, feet, and tail as his body was covered with splotches and streaks of pains. His pants stained by red dye and his face covered by a shiny silvery mask that looked like a skull. It covered the whole front of his face, all the way to the front of his snout and the back of his head. Horns twisted out into sharp gold tips with light sparkly bells. He was dancing wildly as his back and shoulders burned in a deep green blaze, coated with copper dust for show. He was performing with a band of fire casters, intense drums beating in the air while the roar of fire cast out into the air while women chant and men sing out into the air. People were decorated with beads and bells and dancing out under the Noon sun.

The bells of the crowd created a light sonorous chime that paired with the deep, near tribal singing. The Lizard wore plain tan pants that was held up with a belt rope. Tucked under the belt was three pouches that held salt, copper, and sulfur. He took a pinch of salt and breathed in, cupping his hands together to make a flute before the breath in his lungs was expelled and turned to a blaze, burning the salt and turning a deep orange. The fiery breath became thin glittery embers that seemed to flat around him as he jumped into the air and spun to release a great fiery smaragdine spiral, creating the shape of a dragon as he came back to the ground in a squat. His heart raced from the excitement of the event, finally being able to relax and enjoy himself after so long. His duty as a Royal Guard was lost on this day of excitement and celebration. It would have been a tragedy to miss it, in his opinion. His grin was wide and toothy as the crowed cheered. He bowed, creating a whirlwind of fire and then suddenly disappearing with the help of a illusionist he paid for. He sat off to the side as the crowed roared on, free dancing and feasting on honey roasted beast. The smell of sweet tender meat being cooked off to his left and the sounds of children playing these awful rigged games to his right was all he needed in life.

He took a deep breath and took off his mask, the horns gently jingling as he sat it in his lap. He forgot to
stretch beforehand and his legs were aching. Not that he would complain about it. He pats out the green fire on his shoulders and wiped off the dust before standing to stretch. His tail is waving gently behind him, a leather pouch of silver for the event chinking away on his left hip.

Tex is a rather big figure in the crowd, standing higher than the humans or elves as his light blue scales shining in the hot summer sun. Was it summer? He lost track of the days. Not that it would matter. A cream color ran from his lower jaw, down his neck, and covered most of his chest and belly. A deep black scar marked his right shoulder, branches of scarring traveling up his neck and to his collarbone. He scratched it, raking the hard skin with his claws.

Last edited:
1591938832807.png
Herbert
interaction: spookie spookie
“oh it’s ok I understand it’s considerable rude to touch one's ears, in fact, tis a similar case pertaining to my own horns, rather understandable” Herbert replied to luke's comment while nodding in agreement. Luka then responded to Herbert's complement and his offer to assist with his duties as a medic. Herbert tail still being mostly coiled around his neck swayed gently from side to side. “ well that’s perfect then, now I hope this isn’t too much to presume but I'm lead to believe that you blood magic is of the healing variety correct?” He‘d ask As the pair continued Luka confirming Herbert’s suspicions on who Lucien was. “yes it appears we are in-fact thinking of the same Lucien, but trust me, my friend, you are by far more interesting to me then some pompous swordsman“ Herbert remarked with a small chuckle. The pair would eventually reach their destination outside the medical tent.

Herbert following Luka’s suggestion retrieved a picnic blanket from the depths of his backpack along with another packet of candies two books and a set of drawing/writing implements before laying the blanket out on the ground to sit upon. One set of arms would begin to write in one of The books while the other set of limbs had begun to draw Luka. Herbert had over the years become rather adept at true multitasking having so many limbs to keep track of it was essentially a matter of training. Pausing for a moment he’d stop writing to grab a candy for the packet he’d had on him, chitinous plates on herberts face shifting to allow his small mouth to open the candy disappear inside it.

Max had fallen/jumped off the horse and was wandering the festival again. What to do next, what to-
From Max's point of view everyone looked super tall, save for kids. But there was one that stood out to her for another reason. "Tex! Hey!" Max dashes towards her scaly friend, jumping every few steps. "Tex! Buddy!" Once she made it closer to him, he'd finished his dance and vanished!
The fawn blinked in surprise, then grinned and looked around. Off to the side, she spotted him again. "Hi Tex! tthatwassocoolhodidyoudothat?" She asked in a rush when she'd trotted over. Max liked his outfit and would make a point to say so when she'd caught her breath, "Hoo, boy," Max leaned on her fluffy legs.

Tex looked around to who would be calling his name, the voice familiar but blurred by the loud chatter around them. He looked down to see the shortstack of a faun Max. Its been a hot minute since he saw her last. He grinned wide, his eyes squinting from the corners off his mouth. He hunched over and gave a gentle wave. "Good evening, Maxamillion. How are ya enjoyin' the festival?" He said with great elation, motioning her to come closer. "It is a secret..of my people. Certain metals or elements have strange reactions when lit on fire. When we figured this out, we have used it for performance or ritual crafting ehehe." He whispered in a near hiss, his low voice is carried with a deep growl in his throat. He stood up and rolled his neck, inducing a delicious crackle as his bones groaned. He then flipped his leg up flat against his chest in a stretch. He had a soft spot for Max, her laid back and carefree attitude made him envious. He wouldn't wish to display these green feelings and sat down on the bench once more, shuffling to one end the best he could to let the Faun rest. However, due to his size he would still take up most of the public space. "Sit, Max. Breath deep. You might start choking on spit again with that panting." He teased in his most obvious tone, his voice still somewhat stern despite his day off. Habits. With his time on the guard, hes known Max for quite sometime and has shared alot of adventures together. Despite her social attitude, when it comes to head to head battle she makes an example out of herself with her might. He had found it fascinating and learned not to cross lines with the...amazingly short. Shes fairly admirable, he thought. "The rest of the act is just gymnastics and a display of agility or flexibility paired with my Pyrokinesis." Tex fuddled with a pouch of copper dust, pulling it from under his rope belt and untied the lace, opening it for her viewing. He nodded, making a growling croak.

Last edited:

rE132vX.jpg

Kyuri

interaction • q r o w q r o w | mentioned • Twisted Tea Twisted Tea

The energy bubbling around Will was almost tangible. He reminded her of a frantic bunny, and laughed at the thought. When they reached the arena, her adrenaline started to kick in. She wasn’t planning on participating, but she was excited to see what the new adventurers had to offer. Will, particularly, seemed to have a lot of potential and the spikiest hair she’d ever seen. Just as quickly as they had met, he was gone. She looked gratefully at the leeks he’d picked up.

“Gone with the wind, that boy--” She heard a voice from behind. “Ah!” It was another boy, holding her leek in one hand and the demon bird in another. “Oh, thank you so much!” she said. “How did you manage to capture the demon bird though…?” She tilted her head. It was truly a sight to behold. It almost looked like the bird was mocking her, looking at her through squinted eyes. She squinted back. In that moment, another person had appeared. This time, Kyuri had recognized the boy from the inn she frequented. He stood there, dark spots underneath his eyes, holding an envelope in his hand. Don? Den? Dor? She couldn’t remember his name, but she could guess what the contents of the letter were. He worked as the inn's mail delivery person, or something. Clearly it was urgent enough that he just had to deliver it in person.

“Curry,” he started, deadpan.

She put up a finger. “I told you, it’s Kyu-ri.

“That’s what I said. Curry.”

Kyu-ri!

“Curry.”

Kyuri groaned, snatching the letter from him. “Sorry about that,” she laughed nervously, returning her attention to the boy again.

t1qqULk.png

gUlXnAW.png

Interactions: Salvagers Salvation Salvagers Salvation [ Mathias Barbaro ]

───────

Taking a final bite of funnel cake, Abilene placed the plate the delightful confection had formerly resided in next to her, idly listening in to what the boy beside her was uttering. After a moment or two of silence on her part, Abilene finally found her voice to acknowledge something he said. "I suppose you would have the right to deny me; rude as it may be." She laughed softly, waving her hand in a dismissive gesture. "Sorry, that was quite the absurd thing to zero in on during this conversation." When he mentioned the stuffed animal he had obtained, Abilene glanced at it to diverge focus from what she had brought up. She smiled, eyes peering at the soft toy's features. "That is quite a cute stuffed animal, if I do say so myself. A gryphon, is it? Regardless, I'm glad you're enjoying the festival; there isn't much to not enjoy besides the few...confrontations, that may happen." She shifted her gaze to the earthy floor beneath her.

At the next thing the boy mentioned, Abilene perked up once again. "Ah, the magic display!" She said, tone enthusiastic as ever as her eyes lit up ever so slightly. "That is one of the best parts of the festival, indeed. There's much to see; alluring, is it not? All the lights and displays..." She paused. "Forgive me, I'm rambling, am I not?"

Abilene chuckled lightly when the boy asked for her opinion on the festival in turn. "Feeling victorious? Quite. Though, I suppose there's nothing for me in particular to feel victorious about, besides the town itself, perhaps?" Abilene went quiet for a moment, then, "ah, how rude of me! I never introduced myself. I'm Abilene Mei." She gave the boy a cursory glance, taking in his features. She recognized him to an extent, from those days he'd be running amok in the castle, taking on various tasks, including helping her on a select few occasions. "You do look familiar: I'm sure we've met before? Regardless, it would be a pleasure to know your name."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back