• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Paradisia ✧ Another Tale (always open!)

spookie

give 'em hell, kid.

━━━━━━━❦━━━━━━━

PARADISIA
–Another Tale–

━━━━━━━❦━━━━━━━

TLDR;
A semi-open world fantasy roleplay with optional events, quests and mini-plots for those who like some action, as well as slice-of-life and character-based drama potential.

rules & lore here.
characters here.
npcs here.
main thread here.
quests tba

✧༺♡༻✧

Ah, Paradisia... a fairly small city nestled behind enchanted white brick walls, one that's famous for both its kindhearted Queen and high standard of living for nobles and commoners alike. While humans make up the bulk of permanent citizens here, all species and races are welcomed gladly and seen as equals within this remarkable land. Any willing to work fairly will find themselves living in comfort and with lots of personal time to spend on whatever they care about most... the Queen wouldn't have it any other way.

Of course, even Paradisia has its dark side... like all cities, a shady underbelly can be found by anyone determined enough not to play by the rules. From common scammers and swindlers to thieves and perhaps even an infamous assassin or two, not everyone is a fan of how peaceful things usually are here. Luckily for law abiding citizens however, the Royal Guard regularly patrols so that they can put a stop to such untoward and devious behavior. Many brave young men and women dream of joining these legendary knights to get a true taste of adventure, but they should be warned it can be gruelling work as well.

For those seeking a more laid-back means of exploring, there are plenty of opportunities around... Paradisia's local adventuring guild being one of them. The world beyond the walls is a fascinating place, even if dangers and mysteries lurk there that might take many a born-and-raised Paradisian by surprise.

Much can be said about this lovely city, but few would dare to call it boring... there's always some sort of event or quest to be had if one wishes for excitement, and the shops and inns are nothing if not lively.

✧༺♡༻✧

I've seen lots of fantasy adventure roleplays and village slice-of-life roleplays, but ones that offer both options are (sadly) not all that common. I typed this up some time ago and debated posting it for a while, but meh, what the heck...

This is based off a world I created as the starting area for an epic quest-style rp... I soon realized, however, that it would barely get explored at all in such a setting. Which is totally fine, except I put a ton of work (for me anyway) into bringing it to life, and the location/basic mythos has a lot of potential for a different style of roleplay... thus, Paradisia – Another Tale was born. Also, I'll be honest... since that rp died, I've been in the mood for a more laid-back one, something that still has parts with adrenaline and action but doesn't require a ton of organization work like a full-blown quest... yes, I am lazy. No, you're not the first to think it.

The big bad stayed dead in this timeline, though evil still lurks elsewhere and can be battled if one so desires. War and combat is not a major theme here however, the city of Paradisia is fairly peaceful and not every character needs to have any sort of fighting prowess at all. If you want to play a baker, healer or shopkeeper, that's entirely possible. Prefer action, exploration and/or danger? Join the adventuring guild, criminal underbelly or royal guard and go on unique quests/adventures of varying importance and length with similar-minded characters. Paradisia and its surrounding areas are the main focus so this isn't 100% open world, though I'm down for a few quests that require going further than the main continent and nearby islands. I also have special events planned that will impact all characters to keep things interesting, both positive and negative in nature.

Should this take off, player input is 100% encouraged and everyone will have a chance to launch their own quests or events if they so desire, as well as create unique settings outside the walls for character origins or exploring. Player-made NPCs would also be welcome (within reason of course) to really make the setting feel alive, and there is no set cap on how many characters you can make (again, within reason... literally no one needs 100+ characters in one rp).

That's all for now... if I receive enough interest, the rules and lore shall be posted whenever I am not suffering in commission hell have some time off from my art...

Thanks for reading all this, and have a nice day/night/whatever ^^
━━━━━━━❦━━━━━━━

⛧ c o d e d _ b y _ s p o o k i e ⛧

Last edited:
I am so incredibly interested oh my god, i physically squealed this sounds rad

I'm quite interested in this! And sorry for doing absolutely nothing in the last RP I was in, it's my bad for creating characters that couldn't even come in until much later in the plot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back