• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Paradise City Chronicles

"Well, Crow, did you know that an adult Electrophorus electricus, or the so called electric eel, that can generate up to 600 volts of electricity?" As soon as he said that, sparks crackled across Template's hand, delivering the full voltage into a concentrated shock straight trough the arm and right into Crow.

He then let go of the shocked villain and jumped off the tank like a grasshopper and straight on top of the van with the money. He placed his hand on the roof and delivered a second shock, effectively frying the vehicle's electrical installation, causing the engine to stop and the vehicle to grind to a halt. He then sliced his hand clean off, feeling the pain only momentarily, as immediately a new one started growing. From the severed hand, another body formed, just like a starfish. Template didn't even have to tell him what to do as the second Template already knew. Template 2 kicked the minions off the van and started pushing it back towards the bank, like a dung beetle rolling... You know what...

Meanwhile Original Template turned to face Crow and the still incoming tank. "You know, Dung beetles can carry over 1000 times their body weight... How much does this tank weigh?" He rubbed his hands and extended them forward in an anticipation of the tank...

"I didn't know that actu- Bzzt " As it turned out, when you electrocute a villain whose suit is made of metal, he gets VERY electrocuted. Crows whole body comedically spasmed for a few seconds, his armour chared, and before he was able to speak he had to have a small coughing fit to clear out the smoke that mysteriously builds up in a persons' body for no explainable reason "Oh great. Another hero, just what I wanted to see."

Crow felt himself slump back into his seat when Template got back all the stolen cash "Oh I am not hearing the end of this from Becky." He then stuck his head out of the tank when he heard this new, mysterious hero speaking "I don't suppose if I say that this tank is two-thousand times your body weight you just won't try, right? No, didn't think so. I'll just go back in now." Crows' head then sunk back down into the tank and he secured his seat belt and made sure his helmet wouldn't come off, he knew what was coming next and so braced himself as the tank made contact with the hero's hands.

The tank went straight through Template, like a Anakin's lightsaber through yonglings... Wait, too soon? Nah, it's never too soon for a Star Wars Reference...
"I should have stayed in bed!" he mumbled as he now resembled a black human sized and shaped sticker on the road. "Good thing I stepped on a sea cucumber at the beach the other day!" He then placed his thumb where his mouth should have been and blew, inflating himself back up. Template dusted himself off, as he looked at the direction the tank was headed and mumbled to himself. "Well, I'll be damned. This thing really weighed 2000 times my body weight!"

He then took a pose of an Olympic runner. "Ready... Set... GO!" he set himself and as he shot forward, his body changed into a cheetah, retaining his color and texture. Running as fast as 70 miles per hour, he was gaining on the tank, when he figured something... "Wait, other me got the money back, why am I chasing this guy again?" the cheetah slowed down, and raised, walking on two legs, before its lines gradually morphed back to a humanoid.

From inside the tank, Crow felt a slight bump and he waited for the tank to be thrown to the ground, and waited, and waited, and then realised the tank was still moving unimpeded. Slowly, Crow undid the tanks' hatch and peered up to see the hero flat on the ground causing a feeling of great excitement to come over him. The hero then got up and that excitement was replaced with a sense of foreboding. Then finally a large wave of fear washed over the villain and the hero began dashing towards them at an incredible speed. In his panic, Crow began swiftly kicking the minion who was driving "Fast minion! We need to go faster!" The minion winced in pain and he tried in vain to outmatch Templates' speed "I can't sir! he's to fast!"

When he stopped Crow couldn't quick believe it at first having to do a few double takes to reassure himself before letting out a maniacal laugh "Yes! Victory is mine! The hero gave up! And we still have all the mon- oh crap!"

After finding a place to hide the tank, Crow brought up the news feed on his phone to see what the news was saying about him, his almost success, and this new mysterious hero.

Template was on every news channel... With himself? He held a thumbs up and bro hugged a second template for the pictures in front of the money van, while the crowd was cheering exclamations ranging from "Woooo, Template!" And "You Rock!" to "Marry me, Template!" and "I am naming my kid after you!"

Then both templates turned into tar-like substance and they merged into one, as the liquid tar solidified and there was only one. He then pointed at the camera and said "I am going to bring Paradise back into Paradise city!" He then made his way through the crowd, crouched a bit and jumped up, disappearing from sight.

Catman: Now that's a hero! Who is this guy again?
Captain man was holding the only file they had about him. "No name, no origin story, no nothing, we just have his application form and the written tests he took, he is crazy smart and his ability is biomass replication.
Catman scratched his head "biomass manipulation?"
"Basically he can absorb biological material and insert its DNA into his, giving him the ability coded in that DNA strand. Man, that sounds... Awesome?"
Catman took the file. "I don't know who this guy is, but I believe he is exactly what we are looking for!"

Template however didn't even want to acociate with the hero league anymore, not after he 0, support Jade received earlier. However he had an idea but for that, he wouldn't need the suit or his powers.

Last edited:
Even though Crow felt like complete crap for losing again, he couldn't help but feel happy and start laughing maniacally "Yes! A worthy adversary!" One of his minions looked confused at the statement his boss made "But boss, isn't that a bad thing?" Crow smirked at his minion ineptitude "No minion, it isn't. You see if I defeated a weak hero like that Crimson Witch, I wouldn't gain much infamy, which means I wouldn't command as much respect and terror from the people of the City when I take over. I need to beat a hero that they've grown to love and rely on, much like the Armoured Crusader used to be. Though it is a shame we didn't get any money out of this, it would have been useful." One of the other minions then gingerly stuck up a hand "Well I got a couple of bags boss." Crow turned to the minion in disbelief and saw too dollar sign bags on the floor next to him "MINION! You did it! Oh, I'm so happy I could kiss you! but I won't because that would be gross, but you are definitely getting a pay rise!" Crow then changed into normal clothes and jumped out of the tank "Come, minions! We have some house hunting to do."

The next few days went by rather quickly for Crow, it was a mix of exploring expensive properties and celebrating his recent, small victory, but when it came to an end he had found what he was looking for, the perfect accommodation. Perfect may have been a strong word, it wasn't an airship or volcano, but it was as close as he could have asked for from the city. The penthouse was extremely large and open plan with big glass windows making up most of the wall, beyond them was a large balcony area with a hot tub and a large outdoor table, it was all the best stollen money could buy. The only downside was that there was a similar penthouse on the opposite side, but Crow hoped not to have to engage in human interaction.

Currently, a group of minions were carrying Crow's belongings into the house, but never fear! for they had brilliant disguises on, each one had a fake moustache over their mask perfectly concealing their identities. Becky was currently standing in the doorway checking stuff off a list as it came in, and Crow was ordering the minions about, telling them where to put things.

Alex spent the next couple of days planing on making a superhero lair. His only problem was where? His primary idea was to take the penthouse across the floor, but when he called the management, he found out that it already had a deposit, which meant Alex would finally have a neighbor. And considering the price he paid for his flat, which was identical to the other, well, except it was mirrored, he expected some upper class person, probably a movie star or a famous musician.

One day as he was coming back with groceries, which were put in brown paper bags, and there was the obligatory baguette sticking out of one and spring onions out of the other, he noticed a commotion in front of the door. He was about to meet his new neighbor. He saw several people with moustaches, probably Mexican he thought, as only Mexican people had such fabulous moustaches, who were carrying the heavy furniture as if it was made of paper. After opening the door and placing the groceries on the counter he went back to the door and observed for a while, eating a banana, before greeting his new neighbors.

Becky eyed Alex as he entered his house, she hadn't expected for the homeowner to be there whilst they were setting up Crow's lodging, then again she also didn't expect someone rich enough to live there to do their own grocery shopping either. When Alex stood in the doorway eating a banana Becky eyed him incredulously, her monotone voice making her some much harsher than she meant to be "Can I help you with something sir?"

While this was happening, several minions were busy trying to carry a large robot hand from one of Crow's earlier attempts of citywide domination, the only problem was that their boss couldn't make his mind up on where to put it "No, not there minions. How about moving it to this side... no, doesn't look right. What about over there?" Eventually, Crow decided to put it where it was originally, finally allowing the minions some rest.

"Hello, neighbor!" Alex greeted his neighbors as they were going on about their job, as he threw the banana peal carelessly behind his back, hoping it will hit the metal bin right between the doors of the 2 elevators, but it fell just short and was hanging half outside the bin, just waiting for the slightest movement to fall down right in front of the elevator door. Alex noticed the robot hand and went total fanboy mode. "Holy WOW! Is this a titanium robotic hand? Are you an engineer?" He then proceeded to introduce himself.

"I'm sorry, My name is Alex Mercer!" The Justin Timberlake song started playing again, stopping when Alex continued to speak. "Pleasure to meet you! Also an Engineer!" He extended his hand for a handshake. Just outside the building there was a large billboard with Alex on it, extending his hand the same way with the words "Mercertech. Engineering the world of tomorrow!" He was even dressed with the same suit, and even had the same leather driver glove on his hand.

Very swiftly Becky replied to Alex "I am not your neighbour." She did, however, look on to the banana peel on the floor and did a little countdown "3...2...1..." At that moment a minion emerged from the elevator door and slipped on it, a loud smash echoing down the corridor as the box he was carrying hit against the floor causing Becky to cross off something on the list "Priceless Ming vase with Crows' face painted on it, not check."

Crow didn't even hear the smash over the yelling of his ego as he was unable to stop himself from bragging "Actually it's thick aluminium, while titanium would be more durable it is also heavier and more expensive, and this was part of a prototype robot before it got smashed by a large hammer." Crow extended his right hand and shook Alex's, to Alex, Crow would seem he have a very firm grip, and a very solid hand "Crow. Perhaps you've heard of me?" Becky immediately stepping in to stop her boss making a mess of things "Not THE Crow, just A Crow." As if on cue a number of purple banners fell from the roof, displaying Crows face, these specific types of banners were custom made and were put up whenever Crow was committing a crime... what a coincidence!

Oh! Also one of the minions' moustache had fallen off, breaking their perfect disguise.

Alex heard the slip trip fall sound but paid no mind to it! "That's a nice firm grip, Mr. Crow!" Alex complemented him. "I believe a handshake tells a lot about the person!" Then Alex listened about the arm. "I am sorry to hear that! It seems you know much about robotics... Perhaps it wasn't coincidence we met now!" Alex started explaining. "You see, I could use people with knowledge like you? Would you be interested in a job?" He then dismissed the idea... "What am I talking. You are probably world famous inventor, and I am too small of a fish to have heard of you, knowing so much... Silly me..." he then gave Crow a business card. It was all black with a blue logo of the company edged into the cardboard, with Alex's contacts. "Give me a call if you would like to do a project together, it is always pleasure meeting fellow engineers!"

Alex then waved goodbye and headed for the elevator, passing by a minion, trying to put the vase back together with ducktape, which was the same as regular duct tape, apart from being yellow. Alex reached into his inner pocket and pulled out his sunglasses, and as he was placing them, the Justin Timberlake song started again, and faded as the elevator door was closing.

Crow looked down at the business card, trying to place where he had seen the logo before, fortunately, his loyal secretary was hovering over his shoulder looking at it "I thought he looked familiar." Crow turned and looked at the white-haired woman "What do you mean familiar? Who is he?" Becky looked at Crow for a couple of seconds in disbelief before rolling her eyes and speaking "He's Alex Mercer, the founder and CEO of MercerTech, he's kind of a big deal." As if to prove her point, Becky pointed out the window to the billboard "Given who he is, it may be in our best interest to accept his offer.

A few hours later when everything had been moved inside and the Minions were busy decorating Beck and Crow sat down at the balcony and discussed their options "You see Boss, If you can land a high-end role at MercerTech, we could have access to all their connections and resources. With stuff like that, we could not only make a ship far superior to the Sovereign but also allow you to produce better quality weapons. With MercerTech basically funding us we could be unstoppable." Crow sat there, sipping away at his sweet beverage, mulling it over before nodding in agreement "I like the plan Becky, excellent work as always. I can infiltrate the company and get us everything we need and more!"

A while later, Becky had placed her phone on the table on speaker mode, this was so Crow could hear everything that went on whilst Becky did the talking, after all, she was the more 'diplomatic' of the two. The secretary dialled in the number on the card and lay her phone on the table, waiting for an answer.

Meanwhile Alex was on and about his daily job, making plans about his next step. He figured it was about time he starts working on his list. First thing on it - a room with 72" plasmascreen TV. Check

His office had a secret room already, it was behind the book case, as every self respected hero does. However it was his personal workshop and had all sorts of junk in it. He removed his suit, rolled up the shirt sleeves and cut off his fingers. Each of the fingers grew one more Alex, and he started cleaning up. Took him several hours, but soon he was done and absorbed the others back. He then went into he nearest consumer electronics shop and got the biggest TV he could find, installing it in the workshop. His next step however was much more complicated... He had to make interviews for an assistant, without telling her who is she working for... How would he do that?

Of course by posting on the internet, duh! People trust everything they read online so why not? The add read as follows:

Do you want to help put Paradise back into Paradise City? The new superhero, Template is looking for an assistant. Apply now at www.putparadisebackintoparadisecity.com!

So there Template was, in an abandoned warehouse, with a single desk slam dead in the middle of it, and a black couch in front of him. "Next!"

The first girl, who entered was none other than the Crimson Witch.
Template: What makes you think you will be perfect for the job?
CW: Well I am a superhero, and I believe I fit in the criteria you posted on the website.
Template: Well, I would have to say no, because I don't want to associate myself to anyone who turned a bank into a bukake party on their first day. Sorry! Next!

GIRL: My name is Puta Bananas! I came for the... (seriously this is a legit character, I can't make this shit up!)
Template: "Sorry, what?" He started laughing his ass off. "I c..! I c..! I c..." He could not even say he can't believe it. "Sorry, Next!"

Girl: My name is Elsa and I...
Template: Sorry, Elsa, Arendelle is 6000 miles away from here... Also, this is not Disney! NEXT!

Girl: My name is Taka, and I...
Template: I am sorry but... did you even read the application? Next!

He slammed his head on the desk. He wasn't going to find anyone that would fit his criteria, who would actually be useful.
Just as he said that, another person entered.

litchi-storyart2.png

"Excuse me! Is this the right place?" She asked with uncertainty in her voice. "Not to sound offensive or anything but it does look kind of dodgy!"
Template's eyes, or the places where the eyes should have been widened. "Thank you for noticing!" She had his attention, as she was the only one noting the painfully obvious. It was just now that he raised his head and saw her. A perfect assistant material. "What is your name?" he asked.
"My name is Dr. Litchi Faye Ling!" she replied "Is it going to be racist if I call you Ling Ling? Your name is kind-a hard to pronounce in a hurry!"
"Not negotiable!" she replied firmly! "Good! Now tell me something about yourself!"
"Well, I am a doctor in traditional Chinese medicine and I believe I can provide you with exotic genetic material, you could use to expand on your powers!"
Template's eyes widened again... or... ah, fuck it, you know what I mean! "You are perfect!" He almost cried pronouncing it. "Just one thing. You need a disguise! You can't work for me, without having an alter ego!"

She slammed the book and grabbed the lower end of her dress and pulled it up, resulting in a complete overhaul of her looks, so much so, that even Template couldn't believe it!

962c3550e0bcfaf42b8f39d51e3b8f19.gif

"Wait! Where did Litchi Faye Ling go? Who are you? What did you do to her!" He jumped on the desk and took a fighting pose! "It's still me, you nimrod!" She replied now having a staff out of nowhere.

Litchi_Faye-Ling_(Story_Mode_Artwork,_Normal).png
Template's "skin" started to boil, as he started clapping. While he kept clapping his features became more detailed as he eventually transformed into Alex. "You are hired!" He was now trusting her enough to be the first person to know his secret identity. "Wait, you are not surprised?" Alex wondered. "Well, to be honest you are the only other character around here who has any defined features, all others are... forgettable.. I knew it was you!" Alex nodded as he turned back to Template. "Ok, meet me at my office, tell them you are my new secretary, just make sure nobody sees you leave here like your usual self!" She nodded

Alex made his way back in the office, just in time to pick up his phone. "Mercertech, Alex Mercer speeking!"

Becky was pleasantly surprised to hear that she got straight through to Alex instead of having to deal with a difficult secretary like herself "Ah, Mr Mercer, excellent. My name is Becky, we met before. I'm Mr Crows'... assistant. I am enquiring for him about the job offer you extended to him. He was wondering about what position in the company he would have, where he would be working, and for how many hours a week he would be required to work for. Once we know this, there may be a need to be some form of negotiation though that will depend on you. Generally speaking though, Mr Crow would like to have at least two days off a week to allow him to pursue... 'personal' projects."

Alex was surprised to have to speak with somebody on such a high level, that he was caught off guard. However he quickly recovered. "Well, Mrs... Becky... Here at Mercertech we value each and every one of our employees to such extent that we allow them to make their own schedule. To put it simply, we focus on Job done, instead of working hours! I believe this means that Mr. Crow, being a robotics engineer, would be able to utilize most of the company's resources to pursue his personal projects while on the job. Of course, this is the main reason I am hiring him for - to research and develop new tech. Also, due to the nature of his job, he might as well be working from home, although I believe he would find the 20 floors of laboratories in M-tech much more pleasant environment!"

Both Crow and Becky were quite surprised by how good MercerTech was, being who they were, they were much more used to evil corporations that worked its workforce to near death, so things sounded good so far. When Crow heard that he'd have access to most of the company's' resources little dollar signs appeared in his eyes, and he made a thumbs up at Becky.

Becky, however, was wary of Alex, before she worked for Crow she had done a short tenure as a receptionist for an evil company and was aware of how easy it was to be drawn in my empty promises. Never the less, she continued the conversation as if nothing was wrong if there was something shady about Alex Mercer she didn't want him to know she was onto him "Firstly, just Becky is fine, I'm not married. Secondly, How many people would Mr Crow have to work with? He's not very good at 'people skills'." It wasn't that Becky doubted that Crow could run a team because he did a very good job at commanding the minions, but that was also where the problem lied. Crow was used to dealing with minions, people who were loyal to a fault and would obey any order he gave, if Crow tried this with normal people, the results would likely be troublesome "Also, if you are free, Mr Crow would like to invite you over to discuss the finer details in person."

Alex listened to her carefully, and was taking notes. "Well, this might be a slight problem, as we believe in teamwork, but as I said, if Mr Crow prefers, he can work from home for the time being. But, if you insist, I might give Mr Crow a private laboratory." He placed his hand over the microphone, but there were muffled sounds of him asking if there were empty floors where he could accommodate another robotics research Laboratory.

After some back and forth he got back on the phone. "I think we might be able to figure something up! And I will be delighted to visit. How about in couple of minutes, I literally have to cross the street to get to you!"

He quickly grabbed some floor plans of the current laboratories and a list of the equipment and took the elevator down. In the lobby he happened to see Litchi talking with the receptionist. "Hey, you made it! Come, we have some work to do!" He grabbed her by the sleeve and literally dragged her across the street to the penthouses.

As Alex was ringing the doorbell, She managed to fix her hair and put the documents in order.

Satisfied with the arrangement, Becky hung up "There you go Boss, you'll be able to have a lab for yourself. This will be perfect, we can have access to a whole lab and have no witnesses to worry about." Crow smirked at the idea "Indeed! If we can keep this up for long enough then I'd dare say we may actually be able to take over the city. I can spoon feed him contraptions I've already made whilst I use the resources and funding to produce our new base of operations. The sooner we're out of fathers castle the better."

When the doorbell rang Beck was quick to answer it, though she was surprised to see the women with Alex, though she assumed she was his secretary and invited them inside. The minions were still hard at work painting the house to Crows' signature shade of purple, whilst trying to avoid the banners that were still on display from earlier. Becky ushered the two people through to the large balcony where Crow was sitting, still wearing his normal clothing, he wasn't much for dressing formally "Ahh, Mr Mercer. Please, make yourself at home, would you like a drink?"

Meanwhile, the Minions behind them in the house were in the process of transporting a few large glass cylinders which contained Crow's numerous, identical suits.

Litchi fixed her glasses and tapped Alex's shoulder. "Don't you think..." Just to be quickly pushed forward as Alex introduced hem both. "We already met earlier, and this is my Secretary, Lichi Faye Ling!"

"Pleasure!" She fixed her glasses once more and placed the paperwork on the conveniently placed coffee table as Alex declined the offer for a drink. "Now, let's talk business! That's why we are here after all!" He rolled the floor plans. "Now, I did some research and I figured we can convert this area here into a robotics lab. I was planning on doing it eventually, so why not now?"

He pointed at the blueprint. "This area is the central part of the building, the main Tesla generator coils pass through there, everything else can be tailored to your exact specifications!" He paused. "Provided you take the job. And I can assure you, the payment equals your highest expectations, and you get % bonus based on performance!"

Crow looked down at the blueprint, fairly happy with the space he'd get "Excellent! If you can leave a copy of this with me then I'll edit it with my preferences and Becky will send you a report with the projected cost needed." Crow's interest was peaked by the mention of a Tesla Generator, they were expensive and efficient, one of them in a robot would be formidable. There was something more pressing on Crow's mind though, something he needed to know before he agreed to anything "So what kind of tech do you want me to create exactly? Anything specific in mind, or will anything fly?"

Becky, meanwhile, was suspicious of Alex's secretary, she seemed smart, unlike her inept boss, anyone with half a brain cell could easily tell who Crow was, and that could cause a problem later on. Whilst the hero and the villain were busy talking business, Becky pulled Ling to the side so she could gauge how much she had figured out "So, Miss Ling, I imagine working for Alex Mercer must be quite the exciting job, how long have you worked for him for?"

Alex took out his notes, and wrote some numbers and a name. "As soon as you are done, forward the plans to the project manager, and she will get on with turning it into reality. And if you have something you want to install yourself let me know in advance, so I can organize a way to transport it. And yes, you are free to research everything you desire, just have to report on your progress!"

Litchi meanwhile was eyeing Becky as if she stole her desert, so much so that one can see the lightning sparks coming out of her eyes. "Feels like all my life I guess!" She was created couple of posts ago, so she is technically right. "But most of the time it is boring paperwork and being the voice of reason! So not that exciting... "

Crow was overjoyed by the arrangement, not only was he being given access to the resources of a major corporation, but the CEO was gullible enough to leave him unsupervised "Wonderful! I'll get started with the alterations and get them sent off asap. Though may I inquire exactly where in your building this is, I need to know for... temperature regulation reasons, yes, that's why I need to know." Translation: Temperature regulation = I want to figure out a way to sneak things out of the building.

Becky didn't like the look she was getting, she also didn't trust a word she said, she sounded too full of life to be working like that for years, heck, she'd worked for Crow for almost six years and she was all emotionless and monotone, lets just ignore that fact that she was always like that regardless of Crow. Never the less, she needed to keep up appearances and lull her into a false sense of security "...Really? Well I know how it feels, Crow isn't the easiest person to work for, but I'm happy to work for him *small genuine smile *. On that subject, what do you think of Crow? Sorry if that's a little unexpected, but I'm trying to make her better with people, and I wanted to know what your thought of him *bigger fake smile*."

Alex pointed at the side of the blueprint where it clearly said Floor 62, and smiled. "The building has 167 floors in total, so I guess around 1/3 the way up! Also, don't worry, each floor has separate air conditioning so you can control your climate accordingly!"

Litchi fixed her glasses again, as light reflected in them. "He seems a little bit eccentric, but so is Alex when it comes to work, so I guess that's just the type of people inventors are, right?" She smiled genuinely, not because it was funny, but because she was proud of herself for that reply, but deep inside she knew that Becky was also onto her! This was setting up to be a minor secondary boss fight somewhere along the way. "Also, I don't know if you have noticed, but you seem to have some sort of a pest problem!" She pointed at one minion, she caught a glimpse of. "I have never seen cockroaches this big before!" Despite her intelligent looks, her personality allowed her to make herself look stupid and gullible if she has to, she just hoped Becky bought that...

Crow had to admit that, that made things difficult, he'd have to sort something out later down the line, for now, everything was coming up Crow! "Perfect! I'd normally ask about data protection, but I'd imagine that wouldn't be a problem for a company such as yours. The only question I have left is if there's anything else I should know before I use your company to take over the world?" Becky immediately gave Crow a death stare and he realised what he had said "What I meant to say was: Before i... help your company to... make the world a better place, Yes! That's definitely what I meant to say!"

Becky nodded at Ling's answer, silently agreeing, but from her next actions, Becky knew Ling knew she knew she knew about Crow. She then dismissively waved off the secretary's comment about the minion "It's not a cockroach, it's a hard worker earning a decent living wage." Becky then gave the minion a similar death stare to that she gave Crow and the minion realised they hadn't been wearing their moustache and quickly put it on, on their forehead, giving them a monobrow "Besides, if it was a cockroach, it would be dealt with swiftly and ruthlessly, much like any pest." The venomous tone of Becky's otherwise monotone voice made the threat very obvious, and there was this dark aura around her which implied she definitely meant it.

Alex laughed it off! "Yeah, don't worry, most people can't really make the difference between the two!" He then got back to serious business mode. "Well, of course, each and every employee of that high of pay grade gets a private server. And to answer your question... I don't think there is anything else... Oh yeah, sometimes I get personally involved with the company projects, but thats when somebody asks for my help. What else? Oh, yeah, sometimes it may seem we do some shady research, but I assure you, we have only the best intentions...!"

Ling took the threat as just the next joke on the line. "Ah, I see!" she smiled and waved. Suddenly her aura changed as well. She knew that Becky knew that she knew about Crow... "Play dumb!" She told herself in her mind. As the minion put the eyebrows on, she nodded in agreement. "Ah, yes, I see now! I'm sorry, I guess I need to visit my doctor, I don't feel like myself lately" She placed her hand on her forehead. "Not that dumb, you idiot!" She scolded herself in her mind! "Alex, it's time to go, you have an appointment!" "Who? Where?" Alex tried to remember about any appointment he had. "Your brother in your home!" She ushered him towards the door. "It was pleasure to meet you all!" She mumbled as she pushed Alex out of the door and into the elevator, as Alex was resisting. "Wait, I live here!" he pointed at the door across the hall! "Yeah, pffft, I knew that! I meant your parent's house!" She was raping the elevator button trying to make the doors close!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back