Para-Power Rolls

Jaye

ミㅇㅅㅇ彡
I rolled a 43 for a trigger event.

But I'd be down with a cauldron vial. Looking at all the vials just hurt my head and I couldn't narrow things down. Something with high power but low reliability (and «eh» desirability) would be cool for a vial. I'd prefer a non-Brute, but I might not get a choice in that <_<

((This is what we're meant to do, yes?))

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes it is, here is your trigger.

Your mom and dad don't understand. You're a deer! They call it a 'ridiculous fantasy' and talk about taking you to a psychiatrist when they think you aren't listening. But you know, deep down inside, that you're a deer, you have a deer's soul, you were supposed to be born a deer and not a human. You paint your face to look more deerlike, you refuse to eat meat, you study deer, you work and struggle to be more in tune with your deer brethren. Your father tells you that after school today, you're going to go to the psychiatrist, and you freeze, like a deer in the headlights. As he shuttles you off to school, you're already making plans to escape, to run away from your oppressive horrible parents and live in the woods as a deer. In the middle of the school day, you make your escape, prancing off into the woods to finally live free the way you were truly meant to. It's not two hours into your sojourn when you realize you're completely and utterly lost and have no idea where the good spots are to eat grass. This is all your stupid parents' fault! If only they'd accepted you, this never would have happened! Furious at your parents for their part in your current situation, you trigger.

As for vials, your dear and kind cauldron salesperson has several choices that are up to your requested specifications. Two: Copacetic and Vendetta, are mid quality formulas, while if you want to spend more we have Ahriman, Prince, Gall or Shiv, which are high quality.

@Blackadder your vial is Wannabe, a formula that generally grants changer abilities tied strongly to the subjects subconscious desideres or dreams.

Yes it is, here is your trigger.

As for vials, your dear and kind cauldron salesperson has several choices that are up to your requested specifications. Two: Copacetic and Vendetta, are mid quality formulas, while if you want to spend more we have Ahriman, Prince, Gall or Shiv, which are high quality.

Ah, I remember reading that one when researching WeaverDice. I suspect Nonagon does not understand how '-kin' work.

So, how about we go with vials instead? Thank you for helping narrow it down. I've further narrowed to Copacetic (which I noted in my attempt to read through the list) or Shiv. Or a mix? Unsure. Hm. I could just roll between the two? Or would the salesperson pick one for my cape?

The salesperson receives a call and, after intently listlrning for acouple of seconds, pulls a vial from the suitcase he pulls from a hole in space. You don't know if its a mix of the ones you asked, or maybe one of the two, but the look of determination and confidance in the eyes of the salesperson is somehow reassuring, do you take it a d imbibe it?

The salesperson receives a call and, after intently listlrning for acouple of seconds, pulls a vial from the suitcase he pulls from a hole in space. You don't know if its a mix of the ones you asked, or maybe one of the two, but the look of determination and confidance in the eyes of the salesperson is somehow reassuring, do you take it a d imbibe it?

Will another chance like this come along? Doubtful. I can't be sure what the vial is but I can't afford to be picky either. I drink the vial.

Aka. Heck yeah.

Additionally, should we throw ideas out their for vial-given powers? Like how we'd give ideas for what powers a trigger event would give?

Yes, we should, but of course, you can't pitch yours in for your own PC. The vial was actually Shiv, roll me 1d20+1 for eventual mutations and 1d6 for deviations. 

As for initial ideas I pitch the ability to give edged weapons an almost absolute cutting ability, lodge them into something (or someone) and use them as waypoints for mid range teleportation. As minor boons I propose the ability to forgo sleep and a visceral understanding of anatomy and structural weakpoints in relation to the main severing ability.

The same rolls apply to @Blackadder

I pitch the ability to obtain physical and mental acuity from people you consider to be yout betters, adding them to your own together with what you see as the best skill you've seen them use.

Eventual mutations are a 16 and deviations are a 4. And of course I wasn't going to pitch for my own cape :P  I was going to try my hand at pitching for Black Adder's Wannabe.

Wannabe - Lamladaz's is pretty good, and along the lines of what I was thinking. Lemme see what else I've got... How about, what Lamladaz pitched, but the ability is always on? Or the ability only responds to one or two personally-known betters. I like the idea of it being an ambient ability with some element of low control.

Alternatively: Wannabe - a Tinker-ability to augment other's best or worst abilities, with a secondary Thinker ability of 'absorbing' others dreams and aspiration. Which overwrites the subject's own dreams and aspirations. Thinker ability happens over time and with repeated exposure. Tinker ability tends to ensure that the required time/exposure happens, though. (Not a Changer power, I know, but it's close?)

Or... Wannabe - fast acting shapeshifting ability that reacts to the cape's surface thoughts (including intrusive thoughts). Changer ability is fast and effective, but is at the whims of the subjects surface thoughts. (Ie. A thought of panic and arms flung up might result in Changing one's arms to stone. However a passing thought of changing hair style/colour would instantly change). Note: Subject is found to often get caught up in "Don't Think That" intrusive-thought cycles. If subject has a thought that they don't want to change into, they have trouble properly dismissing that thought.

I personally really like the tinker/thinker one, basically makes you a better version of l33t who builds a bit of everything as long as they are "dream gadgets"! However I want to wait for some feedback from the others before finalizing it.

I was going to suggest that for rolling your trigger event, you create your character, then roll for your trigger, applying it as a template over them. For a little bit of leeway in creation, you can roll three times, and possibly choose between them. Depends on what they are.

Also, for fun, I'd say roll between 1 and 440.

I was going to suggest that for rolling your trigger event, you create your character, then roll for your trigger, applying it as a template over them. For a little bit of leeway in creation, you can roll three times, and possibly choose between them. Depends on what they are.

Also, for fun, I'd say roll between 1 and 440.

That's... probably a good idea. A more realistic character creation, and the multiple trigger events mean that if the Event sounds OOC for a character a different Event can be used instead.

...At least it's only the vial capes who have been rolling so far? «eh heh»

Uh, but if we're making character's first, I'd like to know what type of faction we're aiming for. I voted for anti-villains before (or basically anything but Protectorate). What do the rest of you think?

I think my preference order is: anti-villains (or a mix), flat-out villains, rogues (maybe mercenaries? or something even more neutral like performers?), independent heroes. And I'm not putting Protectorate on the list :P

Also, as a side note, I like the combination of Lamlaz and Jayne's thoughts...

Wannabe
"Obtain physical and mental acuity from people you consider to be your betters, adding them to your own together with what you see as the best skill you've seen them use. Always on."

It fits the literal definition of the word, and allows a bit of flexibility, while setting a clear limit: if he's clearly alone, the enhanced abilities gradually disappear.

Scope is the one thing we should make clear: physical and mental attributes and skills, sure, but does this include powers (like going up to the super-strength/durability level)?

Also how about Shiv: the ability to coat edged weapons in a field that makes them almost impossible to break and allows them to cut almost anything, leaving marks that never heal on their own, even with regeneration. As for minor boons I'd say enhanced reflexes and speed, together with the possibility to forgo sleep. The formula also causes strengthened aggressive responses during use.

Users who are viewing this thread