• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Pantheon Academy

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Kore
Oooh, she picked the hydra this year! Bessie was so cute. So many heads. So many heads to love on! Animals were so much better than people... even if Bessie stunk... a lot.

There was a lot of commotion going on. Kore was sitting in the front of the orientation. She didn't want to have to try to get out of the way of all the people moving around... plus, as far as she understood from what Mom said, the bad kids tend to sit in the back. This was proven not only by the blatantly obvious smoking that was going on and the involvement of Vincent, but also the fight that then broke out. Because... of course a fight had to break out. Demigods were so...

She sighed to herself, stopping that thought before it even finished. Deific blood in general seemed to make people do stupid things. For a species so stupidly powerful, they sure weren't the brightest bulbs in the crayon box.

But, there was the hydra to focus on. Bessie was intimidating, especially for those that were new to this whole thing. She couldn't even begin to imagine what this situation must be like for people who didn't even know they were part deity. To not tell your own kin, your own blood... some of the gods, heck, some of her own family were really messed up. 'It's to protect them,' they'll claim, but if they really wanted to protect them, if they really cared, they'd take them away and keep them safe WITH them.

Some girl fainted, having a panic attack because of the hydra. She was pretty close to it, being in the front and all that, and she hadn't moved yet. She wanted everyone to shuffle out first. She saw some of the better students help the girl out... which she totally would have, if she wasn't terrified to somehow mess it up... and saw the cringe-worthy rejection her Mother got. Poor headmistress... though, maybe she should have spoken to her daughter before bringing out the hydra? What'd she do? Forget?

Still... Kore sighed, standing up finally, but not before this Chloe girl said something that shocked the friggen Underworld out of her. Her Mom was... who? They were... half-sisters? Mom cheated on Dad? She wanted so so badly to walk up to this girl, but... that prospect was frightening. She didn't know her. What if she didn't like her? What if she knew about her already and Mom just didn't tell her about her half-sister?? Mom wouldn't do that. She was hiding her for a reason. Maybe from Dad? How mad would Dad be? That was an even better reason not to approach! What if she scared her? She wanted a sister, but damn it why did she have to figure out how to talk to her?

Not right now. She thought to herself, breathing out shakily as little darkened, decaying petals started to frame her deep purple hair. Stop freaking out about it. It doesn't do anything good. It doesn't help anything.

And now there was a glowy light to pay attention to. Much better than the horrifying revelation that you've been lied to for years. Maybe this is a modicum of how the people who didn't know they were related to a god felt? Just a tiny bit?

She had the light to follow, but first, she had something else to do. She sighed again and walked up to Amaterasu. Kore looked up at her with a sweet little smile and touched her arm. She was a good eight inches taller than her, and pretty intimidating, but she had been around the school for as long as she could remember. Her voice was quiet but caring, "Don't be downtrodden. You've just got to give her some time to warm up to you. There's a lot going on for her, for everyone here right now. The hydra scared her. I bet she wasn't expecting it. Once she calms down and settles into the school, you'll have tons of opportunities to get to know her. After all, she'll be living here too. So... don't let it dim your light."

Kore gave her another smile before turning away and walking off to follow the light with the speed of someone with social anxiety that just realized how much she had been talking. And that everyone could probably see her up there. And that that was totally not her place to talk, even if she was just trying to help. Good gods what was she thinking?

It took her a surprisingly short time to get to the destination, given her panicky speed-walk. Once she got there, she took a shaky breath of relief. This place kinda looked like home. A battlefield, sure, but it weirdly reminded her of the underworld. She missed her parents already. Some of the petals fell from her hair onto her shoulders and the floor, causing her to wince a little. She was doing it again. Stupid powers. Gods, she'd be more interesting to look at like this. Were people looking at her? She didn't want them to...

She meandered into the spot she felt tugged to - the right hand side. They seemed to be categorized based on something. Combat prowess, maybe? No clue. The Vice-headmistress was talking, but to be honest Kore only caught like the tail-end of it. Render yourself unsensible to Bessie. Questions? Sure. Why were they already doing class? Was this some sort of weird hazing? Did they actually expect anybody to succeed? How the heck were some of the more punchy-punchy sorts supposed to mask their scent? Bathe in the blood of their enemies until they didn't smell like themselves? Wait - no. Some of them would actually probably love to do that to themselves, wouldn't they? Gross.

Regardless, questions or no questions, it wasn't like she was going to ask any out loud. She was uncomfortable enough standing next to other students. What if someone could tell she was full-deity? Would she get treated differently because of it? Would her surprise sister hate her for it? Beyond that, how many people here actually knew her? She'd been at the school for years as a sort of background object, half-raised on the island. At least some people knew her. Would they try to talk to her? She knew she saw Vincent earlier, but did he know she was finally in classes?

Er... were they starting soon? She glanced around, realizing she actually had no idea what she was going to do here.

(( Accelerate Accelerate girmu girmu RI.a RI.a Olissa Olissa BELIAL. BELIAL. I apologize for the length. I didn't want to miss anything.))

Brooke "Lucky" Weisz

The sound of the waves crashing to the shore was refreshing, and the salty sea smell reminds him of his time in a cruise. "Welcome to the Golden Bacchus, where we drink before class to dull the ache of heroics drilled into our heads. Please, feel free to sip, be merry, delight in your freedom before a might hand comes and spanks us right back to the main campus. It's usually what I do." Vincent had said, earning him a smile from Brooke. The kid wasn't the type to just drink but he wouldn't say no to moonshine. He wanted to drink, try it to be exact since all the alcohol that he drank was fancy ones. Wine, chardonnay, whatever the wealthy ones pick up at a wine store. He takes back what he said earlier, he likes it here, it wasn't just the same boring life that has always given him the easy way out. He likes it here a lot, not because of the weird stuff like monsters and shit but the thought of his good luck possibly being null and void in this island. He'd struggle, and he'd get through it. That has always been what he wanted.

"This should be hard enough to staunch some of the blood flow. Kid must have had strong as fuck claws to make a dent in a body like yours. Jeez. Glad this wasn't some poison dart bullshit and he didn't have some cat shit stuck on his claws. That'd be bad." The blonde stated to the red head, who's body made of muscles was in some way bleeding. Brooke had actually thought that Aodhan doesn't bleed, until he actually did. Bulging muscles and all.

"It would," he said remembering all those medical drama that he watched. "Do you think he has rabies? Cats can have rabies, ya know."

Friday took a long sip of the alcohol before asking who their godly parent was, he took a long time to think as Sig took a taste of the moonshine, telling who his godly parent is. "Mine is a goddess of fortune and misfortune. Hmmm, not sure if it's Tyche or Fortuna. I'm not really well versed in any sort of mythology, I was just told by my day, then I screamed out to the heavens that if it were true she should put me in a place where I belong. So yeah, I basically transferred myself here." He was now deep in thought, missing the chance to drink as Friday finished off Vincent's moonshine. "Drats." He murmured under his breath. It was a missed opportunity, it actually made him smile a bit. Maybe, the island can seal off his luck. He liked that, smiling. Not knowing that it was actually Friday that nullifies his power of good luck.

No sooner than later, a ball of light floated around each of them. Sigvar was the first to follow it, clearly drunk. Friday was reluctant to follow it but so did she. Brooke looked back to Vincent and Aodhan, "C'mon guys, something is weird with these float-y light thingies." He walked, following the two in front of him and his own ball of light. Where it lead them too was a field. A battle field with tanks and weapons and all that. It was both amazing and intimidating for Brooke, making him feel excited and terrified at the same time. He felt a tug to the place where supplies were at, wondering what the heck he was doing there. Is he supposed to, give out shit?

Then the vice headmistress came out of nowhere, explaining to everyone what was happening and what their goal was for the event. It sound fun but in a way hard too. It's not like he knows magic or anything and he doesn't even know what kind of power he actually has. Shouting, "Excuse me, miss lady in red. I was wondering, I don't even know what I can do, so how do I even make myself... unsensible or not give off a scent?"

PolikShadowbliss PolikShadowbliss idalie idalie BELIAL. BELIAL. dmgink dmgink Accelerate Accelerate

Aodhan O'Cuilleanan
"If this makes me blind, bossman, I'll 'ave your head on a stick," Aodhan remarked in feigned sincerity before he lifted one of the heavy flasks to his lips. He had a taste and felt like he'd just thrown back to a house party where he was violently sick all over the front garden and needed to have his stomach pumped thanks to a dare to drink the whole bottle of Smirnoff. Nevertheless, his eyes stung and he tipped it up to chug. No way in hell he'd be wasting good alcohol. "Aghh, fuck me, feels like heartburn my nan complains 'bout." The Irishman hissed through his teeth, beating on his chest.

Seeming disgusted by Vincent's comment on Thorn's claws, he continued to cringe at Brooke. "Really, lads? Really? I got all my vaccs, lets jus' hope I don't catch anythin' else off him. But shit, I shoulda said I had HIV when he started gettin' freaky with the blood." O'Cuilleanan gave a cheeky grin, the sort you get from a schoolboy pulling a half-baked prank they thought to be down-right hilarious. At Friday turning the conversation around, he welcomed it between the thought of having some horrific disease.

"Aye, my da is Arawn. Irish bloke. Don't really believe in 'im, raised Catholic." Sniffing, Aodhan took another long draught, "I mean, he's a fuckin' twat. Don't get me wrong, I didn't ask to be born as much as I'm alright with it. He upset me mam, not alright with that. Didn't send birthday cards either, not even a five-pound note every now and then. Nah, he was too busy apparently, busy my arse, he'd just been faffin' about in the underworld, innit?" Drawing the back of his hand over his lips, he checked the flask again. "... how strong is this exactly?"

Not that he'd get an answer at this rate. In the end, he didn't really need one as long as it included getting head over tit langered. Downing the rest of his flask in one last swig, he could feel it hitting his stomach and not in a good way. He never even managed to eat breakfast. This was a terrible, terrible idea. But terrible ideas were something of a calling card.

The floating light appeared, between finishing drinking and Aodhan's spiralling sobriety, where they eventually followed it. Aodhan wanted to fight the stupid bulbless lamp, but it seemed not to accept that as a possible outcome. Led to a battlefield of sorts with the vice head, she began to speak. Some looked scared, others excited, the Irishman still off his nut. When she got to the bit about the wars, O'Cuilleanan put his hand up. "I have a question, SINCE YER S'YOU FUCKIN' STUPID MATE, God's didn't st-start that fuckin' war you -- what the fuck -- THEY KILLED THAT AUSTRIAN BLOKE INNIT, I learnt history, I fuckin' k-KNOW. IT WAS THE TREATY OF VERSAILLES. Can't fuckin' -- can't fuckin' understand these fucks, politics ain't magic I know that." He slurred, wrapping his arm around Sigvar's shoulders and leaning in.

"If s'you wanna know ... the intricacies of the war, I'll tell youse about the Irish struggle -- 'cause THE FECKIN' ENGLISH -- absolute sheep shaggers ... that's the Welsh, 'Scuse me ... ENGLISH COUSIN FUCKERS, or somethin' ... killed our boys in '13." He stared intently at the Norseman, his eyebrows halfway at his forehead. "Think 'bout that." Aodhan tapped his temple and released Sigvar. "Ooh ah up the RA,"

dmgink dmgink BELIAL. BELIAL. PolikShadowbliss PolikShadowbliss Colorless Spectrum Colorless Spectrum Accelerate Accelerate

1512fbb50acc7159f516499306ad5b5d.png

ddb9e9b36dc7a24e1fc90645fc22a571.png

Catherine was definitely caught off guard by the stream of light that seemed to be along her feet. She almost did the cutest 'EEP' sound, like an Elephant being surprised by an mouse next to it's feet, but held it back with both hands clasping over her mouth to muffle oncoming sounds of genuine scare . She hoped and prayed it wasn't the Hindu Gods doing this from within, though she hoped praying wasn't offensive to any god from within her and around the current vicinity. She did not want to cause any trouble from them whatsoever.She wondered inwardly who was it giving her an obvious sing to follow the trail so to speak. She knew she was the Hindu Gods' Archetype, but they promised as a result of the Truce to the other Gods to not interfere directly with her while they were sleeping within her body, including her father Vishnu. She knew the circumstances and didn't mind them sleeping, as in this world the Hindu Gods were going to use her to reopen their religion in the new world.

After a few minutes of self-hugging herself and a series of quick breaths of fear slowly becoming more audible, she took a silent deep breath. Then she proceeded to sing "Follow the Yellow Brick Road" to herself as she followed the trail to where it lead to. She hoped singing such a song, regardless of it's rather childish nature, would calm her just enough to become brave enough to be lead wherever she needed to be lead. However, as soon as the redhead saw the Coliseum she silently sobbed. She knew immediately what was expected of her, and it was some form of fighting. If there was one thing this vessel couldn't handle at all. She had no real notable powers really of offensive nature except her talking to concepts ability, and that was more of a strategists based power . While she does have some, she will find out at a much later date.

She just stood there, blinking rapidly as the question hung to her that was asked by the Headmistress. How was she able to hide from such an monstrous beast known for it's tracking skills ? Maybe... Just Maybe ... She could speak with the concepts of the shadows to hide her temporarily for a few minutes. I mean, she could do that right ? "W-was... That against the rules?" . She wondered timidly, trembling slightly . She did not want to do it knowing it could be counted as cheating and could be expelled for it. She wanted to ask desperately, but was far too shy to ask it. She hoped it would not cause expulsion in the future.Now she was anxious about what the results of expulsion would be.

But... For some reason she felt a presence in her shift, as something calmly touched her gentle mind for just a second. It's warm radiance she only felt a few times "Daughter... This will only be a second. I know you are too overwhelmed to talk... So... Let me do it for you". She nodded to her mother, and then her demeanor changed temporarily, from a scared young female to a calm and collected young woman. Her eyes changed from their regular color to pure black temporarily, no pupils to be seen. Perhaps one of those sleeping wanted to help her out in a minor way. It was her mother Durga, who was sleeping --- no --- laying down within his daughter the entire time along with the 'others', who were sleeping and only to be awakened under specific circumstances .

She smiled upward, a radiance the average mortal and even average known deity rarely had amongst themselves. This is because Hindiusm Gods are considered 'primordial' in the sense their origins are quite predate to the oldest known mentioning of Creation. He said through Catherine's own lips. However, it sounded like the voice belonged to an Old God of an voice that seemed like a male and female were talking in unison "Excuse me, Headmistress Rhea . Like the demigod stated, Is there an notable way we can use to hide from the Hydra... and Are we allowed to use our abilities ?" . The moment the deity asked the question, Vishnu reverted control back to his daughter, who looked just as scared as she was previously.

"Mommy.... They could be upset with you interfering like that... But T-thank you, Lord Durga " . She held a hand to heart, which was where they slept rather than her mind, which one would usually assume they would be located. She then shyly glanced around, hoping she didn't cause too much attention to be drawn on her or anything negative inflicted upon her or her 'mother/friends' within. Her eyes not containing any of the strength she had temporarily, replaced only with clear signs of weakness and hesitancy.

b56f51456ad32a262714aa06cda510b7.png

81a614d9547978163a5e0607074c479b.png

ANYONE who wants an explanation for some of the above feel free to 'OOC' me, albeit it will massively spoil some plans I have for her in the future.

ebca75f8014bf5c2db15ae7258c6f45e.png

Accelerate Accelerate , Anyone Anyone wanting to respond.

code by @Goldieloxx

Cassandra Rothwell

She had followed the makeshift group to the offices, being lead by the Japanese prefect type of person who seemed nice and pilot to the others but also seemed a little snuck up. She was reading the plate when suddenly a bright flourscent light invaded her space. She blinked at it confusedly but then it sprang away, revealing a path to follow. Does it want me to follow? She stopped for a second, wondering if it could be a trap or indeed a prank, but decided against it when she saw similiar lights appear around the others. So she followed it. It's not like she had any choice, mind, she could feel the compulison to follow the light as clearly as she could see it, whichever god or goddess conjured this up must be especially powerful to compell someone of her blood to obey. Being the daughter of Zeus himself had some benifits other than controlling lightning and electricity, one of which was unparrelled beauty but she wasn't nearly vain enough to count that, especially amongst current company - Thorn specifically - and other things.

The light lead her to what appeared to be a battlefield of sorts that both stunned and amazed her. Bleached bones of creatures lay about and so too did the remains of tanks and such. Quite frankly, she was intimidated. She continued to follow her impulse and found herself at the center of the field where most of the mean-looking types were at. She smiled a bit at the sight of them, looking all ready and waiting for a fight as the red-dressed Japanese lady that repremended the troublemakers from before, walked forward. She listened intently as the lady explained what the pratice was but she immediately tuned out the moment she claimed that the GODs were responsible for World Wars one and two, something that didn't feel right at all. She was about to voice her displeasure at that when one of the troublemakers from before yelled it out for her, clearly and obviously drunk.

The gods started WW1 and 2?? Way to cheapen the audicities committed during those wars. Mortals just can't do anything themselves, can they? No, some GOD has to be responible, give me a break! The idea of a god actually aiding Hilter is ridiculous.

Though now that she thought about it, it made some sense that a God could have aided Hilter but then abondaned him when he started losing, which was why he commited sucide. But that didn't make sense either, for why would a God want the Jews dead? Surely, that was Hilter himself. Wait, could Hilter possibly have been a demi-god!? No, no, that was absurd!

As for the task at hand. She could use her wind manipulation to make sure her scent stays downwind, away from the hydra's sensative noses.

Reiko laughed a bit, okay she laughed a lot, everyone here was Much more lively than she had thought. She decided to answer the hydra question from both Catherine and Brooke.
"Yes the Hydra. How does one hide their scent from a beast with 12 heads, abd 12 pairs of nostrils?" she giggles and Heracles came to her side with a large bag of....well it's best if they don't know what it is. "The first way is to mask your scent with another scent, Usually one with a particularly foul odor. The Second is to remove your scent by Magic, Third by potions and elixirs, and finally by misleading your scent to other...things." She smirked as she purposefully only had option ONE, And no one knew the proper spell for scent negation. "Unfortunately we only have the first one here right now. Oh but if you want you can try to just move around it without this stuff, I am sure you all will...ah LOVE it." Her eyes were clearly mischievous, Unlike Amaterasu Reiko's show of force is just embarrassing every student that is at the School she usually succeeds as well due to her power to manipulate probability on a small scale.

"As for the other comment that was stated about the history. Dear Child History is written by the Victor. Meaning everything you have learned is only a mere piece of the story that is supposed to be here, You will learn more about that in the True History class." She said with a almost monotone yet blank way. "But yes one can say 3 certain War Gods prodded those wars to happen. And trust me. The Gods are the cause of most wars in human history. Then there was the Crusades.....We don't talk about the crusades....." her voiced lowered. "Another Academy deals with that stuff." she smiled again "Now everyone form a Line! Each of you will be given Some supplies OH i forgot to mention the Hydra Lair..is a Labyrinth We decided to move the Minotaur somewhere else for today."

Friday

Wait, a labyrinth?! Friday bite her lip, growling to herself. Why did it have to be a freaking labyrinth!? Of course it was a labyrinth! Stupid fucking "hero" class. What was this, a hazing? She watched as the others obiedently got in a single line like sheep but Friday didn't move, she didn't care to move. They will have to make her move. No way I am covering myself in shit just to avoid the Hydra's infinite nostrils, I would rather fail this stupid test! The Vice Headmistress, gods what a stupid name, was infuriating with her fake smile and her fake aura, when in actuality she was just as vindictive as any other stupid fucking goddess! She could see it in the twinkle in her eyes, this was her powerplay. Throw everyone at the Hydra, watch them fuck up trying to bypass her way of doing things, and make them feel and smell like shit while doing it. It was a lose-lose either way. If she was rebellious and just went in without her supplies, the Hydra will have her for lunch, and if she did have her supplies, she would be conforming to their rules and she didn't want that. There was another option. She could fly. But that depends on either or not there is room and the whole point of this excerise is to not be detected, flying around might work i can stay in one area, have the hryda catch my scent then fly into another passage way. She could also use her negative energy to cause bad things to happen around her and the hrydra and maybe damage it's nose? Maybe. Ugh, this is so irritating!

She looked once more at the girl beside her (Moss) who looked postively terrified or so she thought, it was hard to tell from this angle.

sick of waiting for the boy's name, Odi sighed and walked away
after waling around for a bit it started to get dark is it late already? looking up at the sky there seemed to be no difference .....maybe a cloud passed over it when i wasn't looking... deciding she did not want to become blind today Odi looked away from the sun "What the fuck?" it was too late she must have already went blind....why else would she be seeing a light trail wait.....is that a Onibi..... "fuck Fuck FUCK!" fearing she pissed off some resentful soul, Odi did what any intelligent person would do in her situation......she ran as fast as she could............directly at the Onibi
but i kept moving away from her, so she continued to charge at it. this went on until she found herself in the center of a battlefield....

"uhhhh" Looking at her new surroundings Odiare noticed some one was handing out goodies to a bunch of students stranger danger, walking over to the group Odi asked "whats going on?"

Pretzel Heart Pretzel Heart
PolikShadowbliss PolikShadowbliss
Accelerate Accelerate
dmgink dmgink
Spazzycat101 Spazzycat101
Colorless Spectrum Colorless Spectrum

idalie idalie
girmu girmu

Ayanna Paphos
The Goddess Aphrodite-Aeris

mood: conflicted, poor girl

with: garrus arkilios (ares)

tags: idalie idalie

ooc: aye yae yaye

"Ayanna --"

Oh, gods. Oh sweet gods-- no.

"I just want to talk. I'll leave if I must, but grant me a minute."

How had she been so careless? Not to lock the door, or keep an eye out anywhere? Panic began to quicken her heartbeat, and she refused to look away from the window. Her gaze slipped from corner to corner of the room, searching for any kind of immediate exit. She knew already who it was, by voice alone; as well, by the chill that ran down her spine. It wasn't a repulsive urge, but a fleeting memory of time long gone. Her empathy pushed out impulsively, staining the room a bitter blue of anxiety. Aya should have known that this moment would come; that they would reconnect at some point. Eventually, clutching her hands to stop the minutia of trembling between her fingers, she turned from the window. Her gaze locked with the god of war himself. Ares.

No, he was Garrus, just as she was Aya. An element of eliminating the godly cloak that they usually wore; to start anew. Her face betrayed no fear of the conversation to follow, and she quickly sapped the emotion from the room back within herself. Her gaze ran across his quickly, tracking the nervous tensing of his fists. Nobody wanted to have this conversation, as it happened. Why had he made the first move anyway?

She put up a shield, dropping her nerves quickly behind a wall of steel. Her hand slipped to her waist and she posed, her lips pursed in strict thought. "Professor Arkilios," her tensed mouth dropped to a thin line. "What on Gaia's green earth could you want to talk about?" Then it all dropped, too fast to even think about it. The floodgates opened and Aya's steel shield of neutrality lifted. It was seeing him, and finally being in the same room as him that ignited the emotions she fought so hard to repress in this moment.

"What even is there to talk about? I can't imagine what we'd have to say to each other... If you want an apology, I'm not the person to give it to you," she broke off at the end, the consonants clipping sternly against her teeth, betraying her own ears by what she was saying. It was cruel, and felt heartless to shut him off so quickly. She yearned to embrace him and relive old times, even if it were as friends. However, knowing herself and her desires, she knew that being just friends with someone like Garrus wouldn't be a thing. Too many hot spasms of sexual tension, too many hiccups of reverie to how in love they had been-- or at least, how in love he had been with her. She couldn't trace her own feelings at the time, but she knew that wanton that she was, something inside kept her going back to Ares.

If not physically, then emotionally.

She pulled her cardigan closer to her body as she stepped forward, clutching the fabric to stop the shaking that had returned to her hands. "I... I don't mean to be so cruel. It's just..." she broke off into a thought, trying to piece together what words she wanted to say. Her dark eyes searched up and into his familiar, nearly black pupils. A sudden memory sunk into the foreground of her mind, something about her telling him how lovely his eyes looked in the light; that they weren't just dark brown, but rather browns and reds and greens and yellows and all the colors of war-- beautiful, beautiful war. Not unlike the god that she had held once beneath her legs...

Too many concepts ran through her head, akin to a flurry of marathon runners only meters from the finish line. Her mouth open and closed, and she screwed up her face to look away from his eyes. "Never-mind. Say your piece, Professor." She'd hear him out, and she'd either fling herself from the window behind her or she'd fly into his arms.

Never before had she hoped for the former.

codedbycrucialstar

Cassandra Rothwell

Cassandra was still comprehending what she would do with the Hydra, when a voice asked what was agruably the most stupidest thing one could ever utter during an assembly, "what's going on?" She looked at the girl asking the question, frowning. Either she was late to the party, or she doesn't really pay attention to her surroundings at all. Then again, she didn't even notice my sudden appearance either, just continued talking as if nothing happened. The one thing she hated and it was being ignored.

"We're about to face a Hrydra in a labyrinth, the goal is to be undetected by it." she said to the clueless girl, in a clear "where-the-hell-were-you?" voice, "those are our supplies." She said, pointing at the line.

Lost-Discronica Lost-Discronica

Moss

What was a hydra? Why were they competing in a labyrinth? What even was this ‘hero class’ about? In her moment of panic she didn’t realize she had been spoken to personally, directly.
Moss opted not to ask, but to listen. And when it was said their goal would be to hide, a smile slowly crept onto her face. She made no move toward the line.
They were asking the child of the fae to hide in a labyrinth. She lived in a labyrinth! It was called the woodlands of Ireland, territory of the fae.
This would be easy. Nor would scent be a problem, as the teachers thought it to be; when Moss was twelve—give or take a decade in the normal world, time passed differently there—and her human mother finally realized that her child was a changeling, she sent out search parties into the woods to find the real one. To Moss, hiding from bloodhounds was a game. And from what the teachers were saying, it was the scent of godly blood that would give the students away. That gave her a double—perhaps even triple advantage. Her smile widened.

Last edited:
Prof. Garrus Arkilios - (Ares)
What could he say when all the words left him? Muted and lodged in his throat, speech struggled to filter into coherent thought; his eyes dragging themselves across the carpet until they managed to face her. It felt as if he were young again, cowardly in the face of adversity and the thought of pain. There'd been enough of that to last him a long lifetime.

She hadn't aged a second, a dark-haired beauty since her conception. Made to be loved and adored and still, she had grown to be far more than some simple pretty face. Once, he would've done anything for the Goddess. That had been the Ares people had once known, less wizened and easily beaten by those far from his domain of wanton violence. Now there was little to relish in, save for old war stories. There were new actors to the stage, another breed of soldier that differed to his pure Spartans, as brave as they were in the yesteryear but never again would they be the same men he'd commanded at Troy.

"Ayanna," He interrupted, feeling as if he may choke on the new identity of his old flame. "Please, it's not about apologies. I wouldn't ask for one, what happened, happened on its own terms." Garrus remarked, his low baritone trying to negotiate between bitter reality and gentle history. His hands struggled to find something to do whilst he stood there, not sure whether he was to be judged or screamed at for reappearing only to corner her in a classroom. He would've expected either, there was no doubt he'd been confused by what he wanted. Ares could barely work out what others wanted and yet he was expected to do the same to himself on a regular basis. Even then, being strides apart Garrus desperately halted his gravitation toward her.

It'd been so long since that kind of warmth he'd held. Not mortal nor nymph, but God. The hum of divinity and electricity of magic that coursed through their ichor-saturated veins. Had he forgotten it? The curse of being so close yet so far. It was as if she'd wed Hephaestus all over again. He had raged for days, it was back when he thought he knew love. But ever so it remained out of his comprehension like a secret kept to the Gods who presided over it. Did Aphrodite know? Had he missed the lesson? Was it within breathy whispers and uttered promises? Or did it lurk in those dark irises, the ones which could burn as bright as hot coals and make him shiver.

Her stern facade broke for him, a shred of familiarity returning to bring her closer.

"Never-mind. Say your piece, Professor."

Garrus inclined his head, "I -- I just wanted to let you know the boys -- the boys are doing well." He inhaled sharply, "But I haven't spoken to you since we arrived and I understand our ... shared past makes it hard to get along, but Aph--Ayanna. I miss it. Talking, our discussions, I've barely seen your face since ..." Ares sighed, indicating the last of their affair. "We've both grown, our children can fend for themselves. I don't want to say it but I'm tired of old feuds, tired of leaving things the way they are. I don't want you to have to leave every room I enter." It'd be a double-edged sword whatever the outcome. He'd pine after her again and fall to his ruin; or remain far from the woman he couldn't bear to be.

Even then if given the chance he'd sweep her off her feet like it was a hot summer in Olympia, both wrapped in white linen acting as if they were the purest things to grace mankind. Those days had passed. She was faithful now and he'd abide by it. Try to forget what it was like, tangled amongst the others limbs in an embrace. What she had looked like, what they had done. Compliments and poetry and a breeze of relief at the sight of her anger when she fought to keep him. She was brighter than Apollo, sweeter than Persephone. As calculated and fierce as Athena.

She used to be his, and he was hers. Once.

BELIAL. BELIAL.

Last edited:

F8ojTwl.png

Chloe Thanes
F8ojTwl.png

Oh how silly of her that she hadn't even noticed that his hands had been occupied. She felt a little embarrassed about missing that detail. It was such a casual thing to do with most people, but it could also inconvenience someone. Not to mention that in some cultures shaking someone's hand was not a common curtsey. Some cultures had little to no physical contact at all between strangers or new acquaintances. Oh dear, what if she had insulted him somehow? She was about to drop her hand down and tell him it was okay when he extended his hand to her.
The smile that had started to fade in her worry over proper etiquette was now returning in full as she shook his hand. "Pleased to meet you." She said in return.

An uneasiness settled in her stomach. Nothing major, just not feeling completely the same as usual, but the feeling was soon forgotten when lights appeared by the two of them. What was this? The lights formed two paths down and out of the hall and around the corner. Now that she looked up and over she saw the same for every student that was still here. Curious.

The voice of Shakir brought her attention away from the little lights and back to the two of them. Following the lights? She supposed that made sense seeing as they were forming a path. The idea kind of excited her. It was like a game, or a quest, or what do you call those things, a trail of sorts. Chloe couldn't really match a word to what she thought but the smile on her face became a full on broad smile. "[color=66bd55]Yes, coming![/color]" She called out and happily darted her way over to him, falling into step beside him as best as she could. Short legs.

As they made their way down the trail before them more students seemed to gather and go in the same direction. She was happy to be able to walk near a now somewhat familiar face within the masses of nameless faces.

"Don't get too close to that one darling, his kisses are deadly." Someone suddenly stated. Startled by the sudden voice so close by Chloe looked up and over. Her eyes rested on a beautiful figure of a woman. A very scantily dressed woman. She had turned at the end of her sentence to walk backwards so she could look at Chloe and Shakir as they all went in the same direction.
"I.. what?"
"Wouldn't want him to hurt you now, would you?"
The person didn't say anything else, she just turned away after sending a kiss hand to Shakir and used her long legs to walk over to one of the guys, where she wrapped her arm around his bicep.
Thoroughly confused she looked from the woman to Shakir and back.
"I wasn't planning to kiss him?" Was that remark even intended for her? That tall woman had looked at both Shakir and her, so she figured it was directed at them.

A deadly kiss what did that even mean? And why would she kiss a person she just met? Even more so, why did she say that to her? On one hand there could be truth to those words and the older girl could have been trying to look out for her. Or was this one of those situations where someone was being bullied? Chloe only had movies to reference from (movies her caretaker let her watch whenever Persephone wasn't around).
She looked at Shakir with a bit of an awkward smile, not knowing how to respond from that.
The girl dressed in a light green sundress didn't just want to not trust him. He had been kind. Not just to her but to someone else too.
Chloe was about to try and say something when the pair entered a massive arena. A staging ground would be a more apt name for it.

The place simply took Chloe's breath away. It was humongous. If Shakir had wanted to say something to her regarding the comment before it was now lost to her. Or more specifically she had lost him. In her daze of looking around she had drifted and parted ways from him.
Letting the light path guide her feet Chloe took everything in with amazement. This place didn't even feel like it belonged on earth. It did, that's where they were, but the whole feel was different.

The light's path simmered for a second, wavering between left and right but ultimately shone strongest towards the right. Strange. Chloe followed it till it stopped and vanished at the right side of the field, with the Rear Guard, to handle supplies for the front.
Most of the people around her were towering over her so Chloe had to really do her best to even hear what the instructions were. The woman at the front, even though Chloe couldn't see her, talked about hiding their scent?

Her mother had taught her two things basically in all her life. How to take care of the earth and it's plant life, and how to remain undetected by the gods. The girl had done her absolute best to do this, given the amount of emphasis her mother had put on what would happen if Hades found her. She wasn't sure if her training would be useful against a Hydra, but she hoped it was going to help her to some degree. At least they didn't have to fight this monster right on their first day, that would have been a lot worse.

Of course the teachers already had a plan on how they should hide themselves. But this didn't make sense. How were they going to learn how to control how they came across in day to day life this way? They couldn't have themselves be smelling like a pile of compost the entire time? Perhaps this was more a lesson in masking their actual scent as a last ditch solution in case they couldn't actually hide their godly nature.
Last she checked even bloodhounds couldn't be fooled by a foul odor. A trace of a person still tended to remain. And if a Hydra was even more sensitive than that, what use was the compost smell?

She wasn't going to mention that, it didn't feel like it was her place to do so. Even more so asking if she could try her own method felt... like she was stepping out of line. She figured these teachers knew more about how to deal with it than she did, so why would she go and question their methods?
Chloe took a deep breath, and let out the deepest sigh.

Either way, they were going into a labyrinth. There was no telling what kind of plant life might be in the labyrinth, and if this labyrinth was open at the top or completely closed. She hoped it wasn't closed... She didn't like being in the dark.
Quickly Chloe looked around from where they were. Not too far off she saw a plant crawling up a piece of wall. A strain of ivy. Perfect.
She stretched out her hand. The palm began its soft spring glow and the plant began to grow. It snaked over the ground till it reached her foot and formed a little ring around her feet before shooting up twining around her legs to meet her hand.
You could never be too prepared, right?
girmu girmu

Haruna Miyamoto

The outside air felt a lot better. Haruna took slow deep breaths and was even more grateful for the peace and quiet around her. She couldn't believe she actually had a panic attack and nearly lost consciousness. Having lost control of her own body scared her, and she hoped she didn't have to experience it every again. But since gods and deities actually lived amongst them and were constantly protecting humans from real-life monsters; the teen wasn't so sure if another attack of sorts wouldn't happen.

Just as she started to wonder further from the assembly hall, someone called out from behind before walking backwards. Haruna had thought that she was maybe talking to someone else behind her. She didn't look around her to check that they were the only two in the vicinity. It wasn't till the stranger had stretched her hand out to shake did the Japanese girl look up. Her tears had stopped running by now, but she was sure her eyes were puffy so she quickly averted her eyes. She came to a stop, not wanting the girl to trip and fall. "I'm Haruno Miyamoto. It's nice to meet you too." She tentatively took Hiraya's hand in a soft grasp.

"Thank you for offering your help, but I am fine now." She declined politely, letting her hand go. She wasn't sure what she meant by being curious. Was she asking why she was crying? She bit her bottom lip, a light blush growing on her cheeks. Why did she have to start crying? On her first day no less. That's so embarrassing! Hopefully Hiraya wouldn't pry again, and Haruna was about to go her seperate way when little lights started sprouting up on the ground.

One at a time, all in a line. Little spotlights off the pavement started shining and diming. Almost like guiding lights on a runway. She looked behind her to find the same trail, seeming to point in one direction. "Are we supposed to follow this?" She asked Hiraya since she had been here for a year.

--

Upon reaching the large amphitheatre, Haruna somehow ended up around the left side. She wasn't sure what was going on, and assumed this was part of some sort of orientation and patiently waited for a teacher to make an announcement. And soon enough the vice headmistress did so. Except where the students were now gathered for hero class. And did she say war games? And they have to hide from the hydra?

Haruna followed the crowd to form a single line, her eyes cast down towards the floor and her palms starting to sweat due to her nerves. She was chewing her bottom lip harder and harder, till the taste of iron was on her tongue. She doesn't even think she has any powers yet, how was she going to protect people let alone herself?

#hero class
#upset
#Hiraya Armas

Last edited:
interacts
Olissa Olissa
mentions

-

"Don't get too close to that one darling, his kisses are deadly."

Shakir's eyelids drooped at the sound of a very distinct voice worming it's way between the duo. They hadn't spoken to one another before, but Shakir certainly recognized her from past school games. Queen bee. Renown mega-bitch. Tiffany van Ayk. The sparsely dressed girl appeared before him in the sea of migrating bodies, her words immediately causing the demigod to bristle. The whole fiasco had happened years ago, but the rumor still clung to the school like gum on desks. Sure it had lessened; the opposite sex had stopped rushing away from him in giggling flocks, but if you had any dignity you'd never be caught dead dating Shakir Hakim regardless of puberty's miracles. He cast a quick glance around, inhaled deeply then promptly wrinkled his nose in mock disgust. "Guess they never cleaned up after the kelpie fight last semester." He replied. He seemed earnest enough before his gaze found her's and he squinted his eyes. "Smells like fish, huh, Tiffany?" There had been no training with kelpies, not last year at least, but Chloe probably had no way of knowing that and he didn't want to outright curse in front of her. She seemed nice, sheltered, innocent. Who was he to ruin that?

"Wouldn't want him to hurt you now, would you?"

His shoulders raised as she jabbed at the delicate nerve and he was sure he'd destroyed a good several pages of his book with his hands secretly tearing away at paper inside his pocket. Despite whatever nasty remarks he could conjure up, she could have the satisfaction of knowing she clearly got to him. She blew him a kiss, turned around and Shakir was caught off guard by the sudden pang in his heart followed by a soft, temporary pining. His brows furrowed, horrified at the feeling and at himself. He hadn't been laid, but hell, he wasn't getting that desperate was he?

"I wasn't planning to kiss him?"

And he had not wanted her to either, but it still cut hearing another person reject him. He stared forward, jaw set, and avoiding Chloe's glances while humiliation churned inside of him. It took a good moment or two for his temper to die down and feel the need to explain himself. That he wasn't a creep. That he had no sexual thoughts or intentions for the new girl. "I'm not going to kiss you." He finally said, turning his head to the side only to see a brand new set of confused eyes staring back at him. "Um, thanks man." Shakir shook his head and pinched his brows together. "No, no, I meant-" He gave up mid-sentence and instead searched the crowd for a mess of low, blonde hair. "Where the hell?" She had most likely scurried away from him first chance she got. It wasn't anything new, but he couldn't say he wasn't the tiniest bit disappointed. He found himself caught somewhere between the second group, the healing group, and the final one. He didn't dare get too close to the latter, he could see Tiffany coiled around her goon out of the corner of his eye. They all had ended up packed in a line anyway, the groups turning to mush as they collected whatever supplies the instructor was handing out. He could hear reluctant moans near the front, slurred shouting elsewhere. There was a war? The crusades? A minotaur? Shakir hadn't been paying close enough attention to marvel at his surroundings or question the absurdity of the task ahead. Instead he stood clutching the fragments of pages fifteen, sixteen and seventeen in his fists and replayed the whole scene over in his mind.

Last edited:
Friday
giphy.gif
It had been at least several seconds of just sitting there and not budging, not joining the bloody sheeple in their conformity line, when Friday began to feel her rebellious streak beginning to wane along with her current cig. The girl she had actually taken the chance to speak to had not once registered her existence in any concievable way, either by choice or by pure accident, she didn't know. Nor did Friday really care. The truth was this whole "I'm a rebellious bitch" shtick only worked when there was someone to actually rebel against, some sort of mean stick-up-your-ass authority figure that felt the need to tell her what to do in that I'm-superior-to-you-betta-obey-me way of theirs, or if someone was generally being a downright asshole like that stupid fucking lion [uncultured word] who felt the need to bitch at them. But the one thing she was not was a bully. There was no point in picking on the weak, on the people too frail to defend themselves, no point in picking on the nice shy girl, or the geeky kid with the glasses. What was the reason for picking on them anyway, just for a cheap easy laugh? Please. Best case sciencrio you might be able to make them cry, which is oh so much of a feat, worst case sciencrio, they might grow some balls, stand up to you and ultimately humilate you in the end. Which is why bullies sucked in general. A bunch of cravens, the lot of them. Friday still didn't move, but at this point she was starting to becoming tired of just standing there, waiting for some dumbass to attempt to get her in line. Both literally and figuratively. So she simply did what she did best and smoked, keeping up the smoker girl facade. A facade that was masking the fact that she was actually downright terrified.

八川 みこと
Hatsukawa Mikoto

|Interacts| rennuelaw rennuelaw Accelerate Accelerate PolikShadowbliss PolikShadowbliss |Mentions| Andrita Andrita Lost-Discronica Lost-Discronica girmu girmu RI.a RI.a
Instead of answering him Red 2 dropped her eyes to something at her feet, ignoring his direct line of query to run away humming to herself. Well, so much for altruism. Discipline aside, hadn't he always said there was no need to stick your neck out for others, especially if they don't ask?

What someone finally did ask him was his name. Though even as he opened his mouth to answer the girl, Odiare, followed Red 2 in doing a heel face turn to walk huffily away.

For a minute Mikoto just started blankly after them, feeling the cold wind of rejection at his back.

I didn't think I was that hard to talk to...

But perhaps they had reasons to leave other than his own disagreeability, for at his feet he spied a familiar flicker of light leading out like Theseus's thread to some unknown place. Right. Class was starting. Just great, he had brought those two girls to the office only to have them both run off on him, and he hadn't even had time to return to the dormitory to prepare, let alone get Thorn taken care of. But wait, if he changed his thinking, wasn't this the perfect opportunity? He now had three objectives which seemingly conflicted: 1) Give his report to Officer Comus. 2) See Thorn get his change of clothes. 3) Make it to class on time, shining with the brightness of the prefect student. His eyes glistened as his body gave way to natural instinct. It was go time.

Whipping out the book that never seemed to stay in his pocket long, Mikoto furiously scribbled out a note and practically slammed it into Thorn's hands.

"There. If you need to, which frankly, I believe you do, ignore that gold path at your feet and go get yourself some clothes. This note will be enough to excuse you if you're late, so just follow the light once you're ready. And please consider bringing yourself an extra change. You might need it."

He then threw a second page at the half-naked boy.

"And this is my dorm number. I expect my jacket to be returned by the end of the week. Dry cleaned. You can pick up the cost."

Without waiting for a reply he was off on his next task, feeling content that he had done all he could. Bursting into the office he ignored various greetings, taking a very familiar route to a door marked "Comus - Disciplinary Officer." He knocked a few times but immediately got impatient, instead opting to slide the note containing details of the fight under it and hoping that would be enough.

And then it was time to sprint. Going at the pace of the lightning he so hated, he raced the path at his feet as if it might be possible to outrun destiny itself, practically sliding into the large amphitheater where they played War Games, finding himself near the center amidst a sea of much taller, stronger-looking types and more than a few war demigods he could recognize. But Mikoto bravely held his ground between them, panting heavily but just in time to hear his aunt Reiko speak.

With a satisfied smile on his face Mikoto crossed his arms in the expression of a victor. Another crisis handled to perfection, if he did say so himself.

Heady with the rush of speeding across campus, it took him a few extra seconds to process the Vice Headmistress's words. So they would start with Hero Class right off the bat. Amaterasu really hadn't been kidding when she said that it was mandatory for the entire school. Even the vast stadium, littered with various junk from practice sessions and games, was already filling up with the children of the gods.

When Reiko got to the part about those gods protecting their cast off wards Mikoto couldn't help but scoff. Protected? Yeah right. His father had cleanly abandoned them. For such a great and powerful god he hadn't even been able to give him the common courtesy of revealing himself, not even after he had started attending a school ran by his own sisters. If either Mikoto or his mother had been swallowed by a leviathan or kraken there would be no sweat off Susanoo's back, that much was certain. What was he so busy with, anyways? That he couldn't even spare a moment to quiet his one-time lover's desperate tears? Whether it was Japan or Pantheon Academy they were on a freaking island...it's not like it would have taken much effort for a sea god to visit.

If thinking about his father had fouled his typically buoyant mood, mention of the great world wars pushed Mikoto's thoughts even deeper under a sour abyss. He couldn't help but stiffen at the casual way the words fell from his aunt's mouth. Perhaps because, as he had heard, Tanaka Reiko had spent most of her life upon this island, she hadn't familiarized herself with the island of her ancestry. Japan was a country that still suffered the cold, cruel claws of the last war digging into its belly as it tried to crawl away. But even as the acid of victimhood and accusation spewed from its stomach it seemed content to simmer in the pain alongside its East Asian brethren. In other words, no matter how many decades had passed, WWII remained a sensitive topic.

Where Mikoto lived was a short drive away from that famous Hiroshima whose name was known across the world. He had been young and foolish the first time he went, as part of a school organized trip, to visit the Peace Memorial. Each student had been told to bring in a certain number of cranes so that they would have enough to leave at poor Sasaki Sadako's statue. Of course he had been an idiot so he had completely blown the assignment off, only to find the neatly folded origami in his school bag- his mother, as always, cleaning up his mess. But his disrespect hadn't stopped there, as he recalled even the callousness of cracking jokes with his so-called friends in the back of the bus, completely without a care for others' misfortune. But that rotten attitude hadn't survived long. Rather, that trip had a profound and haunting effect upon the boy. The disgusting, horrifying images he had witnessed drawing him in as much as they repelled. Fire and terror. Death and destruction. Death and heat. Death and. Death. It was a ruin whose effects he had continued to chase throughout the following years of studies. Recognizing how, even decades later, it continued to ripple throughout his country and the world. Perhaps because of a lingering sense of his own father, who had also brought destruction to Japan many years before, but thinking of all those things, a series of uncomfortable visions passed through his head and he felt a bit sick. Over fifty years had passed since the war, and yet people were still suffering its effects. Was that, too, a plan of the gods? Ah...humanity really was nothing when compared to that. And that's exactly why, no matter how hard she begged or how many tears she cried, Susanoo would never answer his mother's call.

By this point his sense of adrenaline-fueled accomplishment had completely drained. Again there was that niggling sense that...that perhaps he shouldn't be here. That this whole world of gods and their offspring running parallel to, no, perpendicular to humanity was just wrong.

Had the Shinto pantheon been among those "true issues" that his aunt spoke of? Was it because of them the people became so embroiled in the emperor's words? The emperor that supposedly carried his aunt's very own blood? Wouldn't it be convenient if that was the case... convenient and cruel. Yeah, that was why gods had been created in the first place, or rather, he supposed, why humanity had started to worship them. Because if Hachiman lit the fire in your blood that commanded you to pierce a bayonet through a stranger's heart, then surely you aren't to blame...right? But then why did Hachiman have to do such a thing in the first place? Were the people he had grown up amongst really so worthless to be little more than toys for a god? He thought about all the naval battles that had been fought, supposedly right in his very own father's domain. So did the notoriously angry god have anything to do with it? The legends about Susanoo stopped hundreds of years ago, he supposed it was impossible for them to truly know what he had been up to since. Though if he ever did have to meet him, these were the things he would want to know.

If gods are real, how come our world is still such a place?

At Pantheon Academy they taught students about a truce. And yet Earth continued to foster things like sickness, poverty, and hunger. While they told their children to grow up to be heroes. But, beyond his mother, Amaterasu and now Tanaka Reiko were all he really had... so even knowing all that, despite the plain hard logic of these facts, he couldn't help but want to believe in them.
Besides, why did he care so much anyways? Just because he had been raised human? Because he had never met his father? Because he still couldn't accept that he was a part of this bizarre world that he had, somehow, accepted before he could really understand?

Yeah...his aunt's casual words had really sent him on a spiral, and before he knew it people were already beginning to line up to get their supplies. Well he for one wasn't about to drag around anything foul; Mikoto was confident enough in his abilities that he wouldn't have to rely on such utterly gross dead weight that would only slow him down. But if there was anything else they were offering he would certainly consider it.

As he obediently got into line he happened to recognize a girl a few students ahead of him as the same whom he had seen Headmistress Amaterasu leaning over earlier. A quick glance told him she had come from the left, along with some students he recognized as specializing in medicinal powers. Interesting... So she had to be her, right? Miyamoto Haruna? If line cutting wasn't strictly against the rules he might have even tried to slip in closer to her, a strange sort of wonder if she was experiencing any of these things passing through him. There weren't many Japanese kids at this school (which had been a culture shock when he had first arrived), and given his usual state of distance from others, he never really had anyone to share his life experiences with. But Miyamoto had grown up a normal kid like he had, right? While his body thrummed with the possibilities of the challenge ahead, she was new here. If she was a healer with her mother's skillset, did she have anything to help her in the labyrinth? Well, perhaps she could do that annoying blinding light thing to get her out of trouble. Still, Mikoto decided to try and keep an eye on her. Not for any particular reason, he convinced himself. Only that...it would make the challenge more interesting if he added an extra dimension to it. That was all.

As for himself, this was a simple task. The fact that they'd be in the labyrinth was actually to their advantage. It meant that the Hydra would have to cover more territory in order to target any one student, being denied any direct path. And that was just for a single student, when the entire school would be participating. For any individual probability would be on their side. Not to mention the fact that, regardless of those 12 gruesome heads, the monster's stench was far more powerful than any one person's own. And unlike the students, the beast was too stupid to be able to mask it, meaning that no matter how good its sense of smell it was a game easily played by both sides of the hunt. Honestly, Bessie was at a severe disadvantage in this fight. For this was a battle of wits more than strength, and though Mikoto could do both, he much preferred the former. Navigating the labyrinth without getting caught wasn't hard. The biggest issue would be avoiding dead ends, but there were even methods around that. And, in a worst case scenario, he could begrudgingly rely on the gifts his father gave him. It wasn't the most effective application of his powers, but he was sure that he could at least manipulate the air in such a way it could throw the Hydra off his scent.

Forgetting the darkness that had clouded his thoughts mere moments before, he was already beaming with the thrill of the challenge ahead. Yeah, summer break had been too long.

"So, Aunt Reiko." チクショ. "悪い, I mean, Vice Headmistress. What exactly is our objective, other than avoid detection? Is it a time trial or a race to a particular point?"

Before he could hear an answer, however, a familiar and unpleasant smell assaulted him. He looked over and, with a sigh he realized that the smoker girl from the assembly was, for Amaterasu's love, at it again. Here, right in the middle of class.

Well, he had let it go earlier, but he had been in a better mood back then. Leaving his spot in the line, he walked up behind her and placed a hand on her shoulder.

"Smoking on campus is a clear violation of the rules. Let alone in front of the Headmistress, and the Vice Headmistress. And in the middle of class." He took his hand off her shoulder and stepped in front of her, watching to see if she would take the hint and put it out. "Come on, everyone else is lining up and you're no different."

He says 'Shit' then 'My bad.'

Hiraya Luzviminda Armas

The girl had stopped walking, it took a bit before she even noticed Hiraya but she did. Looking up to see who it was that was talking to her, showing the puffy eyes that everybody gets whenever they cry. "I'm Haruna Miyamoto. It's nice to meet you too." The grip of the Japanese girl was weak, making the Filipina wonder if she was meek in personality. "Lovely name, even if I don't really know what it means." She said nonchalantly, smiling at the girl who was just an inch taller than her. "Thank you for offering your help, but I am fine now." The girl said, Hiraya didn't mind. She really don't mind and she's not the type to pry, just ask once and that's it for her. "I hardly did anything. But Filipinos has a saying that crying will make you ugly. They're not wrong. People are ugly when they cry." She said, she did believe that. She saw herself cry, she wan't pretty when it happened. Noticing the light blush on the girl made her think how cute she actually was, realizing how good looking all the demigods and demigoddesses she has met. What is it with deities and beauty?

She was thinking of what to say, not wanting to be rude and just leave, or be too chummy to a stranger. She wasn't that kind of girl though. A sudden ball of light floated, trying to guide them to a certain direction. No. Not this again. She had a like-dislike relationship with war games, she wasn't bad at them but it takes too much energy most of the time, heck she even enjoy it sometimes but on the first day after the assembly? No. Haruna then asked if they should follow it, the Filipina gave her a nod. "Yeah, it's better to follow it than to be stubborn and ignore it. C'mon, I'll walk with you."

The two went their separate ways by the time they got to the place, making Hiraya sigh. The place, for her, could only be described as chaos. The littered bones, the tanks, scraps of metal. Walking towards the center, where all the combat oriented demigods where at. She took note of all the people she noticed earlier at the assembly, the ones she didn't know and making a face at the smell of smoke. Reiko stepped out from behind a tank. Explaining what it is they had to do, answering a few questions all the while laughing at said questions. Like a real teacher. She thought to herself, rolling her eyes. The mentionEverybody was forming a line, where they gonna do a conga line? Most definitely not. They gonna get something, she has a bad feeling that she will dislike it very much. People pushed each other as they formed a line, which led to Hiraya being the last of the vanguards to be in line, bumping into someone as she tried to get in place at the packed line. It was Haruna again.

"Sorry about that and hi again," she looked over her shoulder, seeing how the girl had her head down, brows creasing. "Are you okay? Scared? Don't be." She said, hoping that her words would bring some sort of comfort. "We'll be going in a labyrinth, best thing to do is to mark the path that you take so that you don't get lost and stick with someone who can fight, like that bulky guy from earlier but I think he has anger management issues." Fight. The word was all too normal to her, she's been fighting since her adoptive father had taught her Eskrima. But lately she had been trying to learn how to use her real father's powers that were passed down to her. She opened up her palm and conjured a tiny flame that danced with vigor. The warmth it gave felt nice. Closing her hand, she looked once again at Haruna. "You'll be fine. It's all about teamwork." There it was again, that side of her that can't help but be helpful. Something Marcial had ingrained into her system. She turned her gaze back to the front, waiting for the said supplies to arrive.

Mentions: Accelerate Accelerate PolikShadowbliss PolikShadowbliss idalie idalie
Interactions: RI.a RI.a

Reiko looked at all the students hearing "So, Aunt Reiko." チクショ. "悪い, I mean, Vice Headmistress. What exactly is our objective, other than avoid detection? Is it a time trial or a race to a particular point?" Reiko Looked down at the line to Hatsukawa Mikoto, her beloved nephew and she gave a smile and answered for everyone. "Today you will be attempting to take the Hydra's Gold Away from it. This Gold is in the form of coins, goblets, circlets crowns...everything you can imagine. This Gold actually comes from the Dragon's Cache from the Old hero Beowulf's story. All you need to do is get one item, and bring it back here. If you get passed undetected you can keep that gold, It is worth a fortune in the Mortal World. Though there is also something called the Dragon's heart a ruby gem that grants the user the power to breathe fire. The only way to take that is to sneak it off of old Bessie's main neck. Undetected. Yes."

Reiko starts having each student smear that....stuff on them, "Remember no proper scent More likely you will get out okay. Oh and The Hydra won't kill you, It has been trained to only knock you out with its mist breathe. If you get knocked out you will be brought into the infirmary." she said while having all the students start moving in the line.

Friday
Interaction: Pretzel Heart Pretzel Heart

Friday was actually going to just give up, put out her cig and join the line when finally someone took the bait she had planted. "Smoking on campus is a clear violation of the rules," a snide voice proclaimed as a hand settled on her shoulder, "let alone in front of the Headmistress and the Vice Headmistress. And in the middle of class." The hand lifted off her shoulder and the owner of the voice planted himself in front of Friday. It was a young man (for a short moment, she thought he was a woman) of clear Asian descent, encased in what he undoubtably thought was impeccable and respectful taste. He had the look of a character in a poorly executed live-action anime and he held himself in a rigid manner. It was clear from the man's eyes and composure that he expected something from her and expected it immediately. "Come on, everyone else is lining up, you're no different." She chuckled at that, looking the young man straight in the eyes as she said. "Ah, the notorious rule-stickler, I was wondering when you were going to show up." Friday allowed a smirk to form on her face as she continued to blatantly smoke in defiance, "there is always one of your kind in very school. Teacher's pets, prefects, the perfect straight A student, etc. Nice to know this school isn't any different in that regard." She blew some more smoke, smiling as she did so. "As it just so happens, I was just going to join the line when you showed up," she said sweetly as she threw the cig down and stomped on with her boot, "but thanks anyway for the reminder." Friday's smirk never left her as she ever-so-dutifully joined the line.

Kore
Breathe in, breathe out.

Alright. She could do this. She could really do this. It was scary, but hey, she could go invisible. Doesn't help with scent, but it does with sight. That's one sense down. She knew quite a few things about hydra, and was rather familiar with them in a personal sense. After all, one used to guard the lake at one of the entrances to the Underworld. Lake Lerna, if she remembered right. The Vice-Headmistress was getting a kick out of all this, giggling and whatnot. Heracles was around again, with a bag that was sure to smell horrible, given her explanation. What was it, rancid meat? That would be the most sensible. Cover your scent with the scent of something inedible. Bessie, as sweet and adorable as she was, was a beast. They had simple desires. A hydra of all things? Huge prey drive.

Kore sighed, thinking about whether she'd be better off alone or not. She really wanted to be alone. With all the fires of Hades, she wanted to be alone... but being alone came with its difficulties, and the buck had to stop somewhere. Maybe she could nab someone she knew? That'd be at least a somewhat acceptable middle-ground. She had no intention of accepting whatever was in that bag. She could make something plant-based if she really needed to... and besides, if everyone was wearing the same goop, how effective was it really going to be at hiding their scent? It wasn't going to be that simple anyhow, especially if they were going into a labyrinth. It did make her a little pleased, however, to know that certain prissy-looking troublemakers, such as the one smoking a cigarette, would probably be a bit uncomfortable with the smell.

Though, who knew? If they could stand the scent of cancer-sticks, maybe all their scent receptors have died. She hoped the school made them stop. No, honestly not for their health. She wanted them to be uncomfortable for their malactions. They made everyone else - literally kids - uncomfortable, subjected them to it for their own selfish gain. They deserved a bit in turn.

As for the goal, however... She needed to go in with a game plan. At least something like this wasn't too socially demanding. She could really focus on herself and maybe one other person if she found a partner.

Oh, true history sounds fun. I wonder where they moved the Minotaur to?

Game plan needed to include stealing part of Bessie's hoard. That'd be... fun... She didn't get in line since she didn't want the stuff smeared onto her, but she did watch, scanning faces to try to spot Vincent. He was a troublemaker, but he was someone she at least recognized. She didn't know if he'd recognize her, but it wasn't like that really mattered. She didn't know what he could actually do... but if Kore had heard "through the grapevine" right, Vincent liked alcohol. He was also over 6' and like a giant to her tiny frame, a whopping 1'6" taller than her.

She was still listening while she looked. Blah blah blah gem. Unlikely she'd go for that but who knows. It sure would be nice to get extra points... but at the same time, that's how heroes died. They got cocky. Undoubtedly, that's where Bessie would be knocking people out. She was going to do so with her breath. Right. That meant she needed to find a way around that. Some kind of filter, maybe? She'd have to do that once they started. She claimed the job was to make yourself unable to be sensed, but it sounded like the real goal was to get away without getting knocked out. Important distinction.

Once she finally saw Vincent, she would head up to him, right fist balled at her side while her left waved. It was just talking to someone. It was fine. This was important.

"Hey!" she called, trying to make sure her voice didn't shake, "You're Vincent, right? I'm Kore. I... erm... I was looking for someone to work with on this first little assignment, and I at least somewhat recognize you from past years."

Rip that bandaid off, she thought, smiling sweetly up at him.

(( BELIAL. BELIAL. I know he's not there yet, but it's for once he is. :D ))

Last edited:
Sigvar Vitharsen
Gods caused all the wars? That was a great way to get under the Norseman's skin. That was like blaming most of his lineage for horrible atrocities. He learned about those atrocities in school back home. He didn't believe at all that his father, or any of his godly family, would do something like that. At least, not in this state. It didn't make sense to him. He furrowed his brows, turning his head to Aodhan as he noticed the equally drunk Irishman trying to get his attention. He nearly stumbled as Aodhan wrapped an arm around him and began rambling on.

""If s'you wanna know ... the intricacies of the war, I'll tell youse about the Irish struggle -- 'cause THE FECKIN' ENGLISH -- absolute sheep shaggers ... that's the Welsh, 'Scuse me ... ENGLISH COUSIN FUCKERS, or somethin' ... killed our boys in '13.""

Sigvar nodded along with the rant, honest to Gods not really understanding what the boy was saying. He played along anyway. He leaned into Aodhan to listen closer, even. Or maybe it was to stay upright. It could've gone either way, really.

"Tell me all about it..." he mumbled, a sympathetic tone to his voice. He honestly thought about things for a moment. He was drunk, about to fight to get a Hydra's gold, and listening to another drunk teenager ramble to him about a piece of history he had very little idea about. This had to be a gift from Loki himself. He saw the Gods everywhere now that he was at this fucking school. Maybe it was their way of pushing him to make friends. He wasn't exactly the most outgoing kid on campus. "Look. We should go...over there."

Sigvar pointed to the line that was starting to form. He didn't know exactly what that line was for, but he knew it was important.

"We can get those bastards and kick their fuckin' asses." his voice began to slur even worse. His hand shook as he continued to point. He'd completely forgotten he was holding it in the air.

Time to kick some er...English Hydra ass? Yeah. That sounded about right. ...Right?

INTERACTIONS: idalie idalie

Friday
download-1 copy.jpg
The line was exhuritatingly slow, so slow in fact that she had half the mind to just get out and cut into the front of the line, but that would mean getting the shit dumped on her faster. So she stayed put, her fingers itching for another smoke. She wasn't stupid, she knew that she was addicted, like she also knew that cigarrates cause cancer. She just didn't care. If cigarrates cause her cancer then so be it, she gets cancer. If doing drugs makes you horribly high and messes with your brain later. Then so be it. Carbe Diem. She wasn't going to be young and carefree forever, eventually life will come bite her in the ass but until that day she will remain one step in the threshold of death until it finally came for her. She didn't care. She didn't much care about Gods and goddesses, or the dieties that supposedly birthed and altered this world. She didn't give a shit if they demanded her obedience or asked her to comply with their stupid rules. She didn't plan on spreading shit on herself. Besides, it's not like they were going to have convientant shit on them in the real world, so not only was it just a way to humiliate them but it was also foolish and incredably stupid. Like math. Other than basic math, you literally have no need for the rest, unless you plan on working with computers or shit like that, so them teaching you subjects such as advanced caculcus is pure fucking bullshit! Much like this stupid mandatory class. She was not impressed. The goddesses were all drama queens and fake as fuck, the Hryda's menace was lessened when it turned that it was nothing more than a domescated pet that was just for show. That's the problem with this school, the Headmistresses cared more for showing their fucking powers than actually teaching. She could tell by the fake teacher's obninixious giggling, she didn't care if the students succeeded, it was very clear she just wanted the disobedient students to fail just so she can teach them a lesson. She saw right through her. She was so obvious that it was sickening. And the worst part was she thought she was being coy and subtle with that fake smile, and fake cheery influence that even she could feel from a mile away. She was so tempted to just ampt up her negative energy and just bombard her with it, turn the tables on her, watch as everything she attempts to do goes horribly wrong. that was one thing her mother taught her before she dumped her here, how to actively cause accedients and spread bad luck. She had also taught her to fly --- by throwing her off the fucking Empire State Building. Bitch! Then again, she was the fucking Goddess of discord and choas, not exactly motherly material. And all this was within a day of her revelation that she was a demigoddess.

Eris had found her being thrown from a club, highly drunk and raving. Friday didn't remember much, only saw what was agruably the most beautiful woman she had ever seen walking toward her in the alleyway. Her silky black hair flowed like a waterfall throughout her slim volbtuous form, and she had held herself like she owned the very alleyway she was in, rats and all. Friday had been fairly drunk and a little high, so she just laughed at what she thought was her tripping. Then the woman grabbed her,threw her hair behind her ear, gazing at her birthmark. Friday remembered exclaiming some profanity. Then the impossibly beautiful woman retreated eyes wide. Then she laughed, gaffawed into the night. "What a huge coinindence!" she had said, her beautiful voice like music to her ears. "what a huge bloody fucking coindence!" She continued to laugh and the noise, while musical, was starting to annoy her. "I mean what are the chances that I would run into you at this age." She had exclaimed. Friday would later learn that her mother had planned this encounter, had in fact been keeping tabs on Friday ever since her birth, never interfering until now. A day the messenger was supposed to get her. Eris had volunteered in the messenger's stead but had been secretly planning on showing Friday a few tricks before she entered the damn demigod school. First came the part of convincing her that this wasn't her tripping, and this she had done by simply kissing her. Yes. Her mother had kissed her. As far as gods were concerned, blood didn't really matter anyway, so on par for course. And when she was done, the drug's effects were gone, leaving Friday stunned and confused. And the bitch felt that this moment, the moment she fucking kissed her, to inform her that she was actually her mother. And naturally, Friday, being seventeen, and underage, standing next to woman that was at the very least in her early mid-twenties, at most early thirties who was proclaiming that she was her birth mother after kissing her was too overwhelmed to respond. When she did, it was in a scarastic blend of "what the fuck" and "right and I'm actually a duck in disguise" in which she just smiled, and then proclaimed in one breath, that she, Friday, was a demigoddess. And that, naturally, threw her off so much that she actually laughed. It was like Harry Potter, if Harry Potter was already a teenager, drunk and stoned off his rocker. It was exactly like that. Wording and all. "You're a demigoddess Friday." "I'm a what?" "A demigoddess." "You can't be fucking serious!?" Well, almost exactly the same. It had taken a whole day for her mother to convince her. Then another whole day for her to teach her the basics. Then just at the last minute, before she even had time to fully adjust to the fact that fucking gods and goddesses exist and that she had powers, her precious mother had just taken her away and dumped her here. Nice, mom, great.

And here she was. In line, ready to have shit dumped on her. She had already gotten into a fight with a lion of all things, saw a hydra, got singled out by teachers, and already made enemies. Her mother, being the sick sadistic bitch that she was, probably was enjoying all the choas. Friday didn't even think she cared. She had only done that "I'm your mother" shit for the laughs. And she didn't even bother answering her questions about her father. Only stating that he was some lowly junkie that overdosed a long ass time ago. Perfect mother of the year. Well, at least she showed up. Even if it was at the last minute.​

Vincent Ambrosia
| Location: | Hero Class, battlefield
| With: | Kore, others around
| Mentions: | Deathkitten Deathkitten
"Hey!"

Vincent jolted out of his stupor, panicking for a solid minute on where he was. Perhaps he had drank... too much. His memory was foggy and faint of the last five minutes, having moved through time and space like a slug in salt. He remembered some light... and everyone being coaxed by it back to the campus. He didn't know what not to expect, but he hadn't expected the battlefield to be used for their 'hero' class. Vincent looked around, both at his surroundings and for the source of the noise. Tiny, puny sounding shriek. Did he step on a rat or something?

"You're Vincent, right? I'm Kore. I... erm... I was looking for someone to work with on this first little assignment, and I at least somewhat recognize you from past years." Oh, it was below him. With as much effort as he could muster, he tipped his head forward to stare down at the tiny girl. His eyes squinted as he looked her over, trying to place the face and the person. Was she a janitor? No, couldn't be-- she looked too clean. He stared at her for an incredibly long time, trying to make sense of the thoughts going through his very drunk and disheveled brain.

Why was he here? What were they doing?

Vincent stuck his hands in his pockets as he looked down at Kore, narrowing his eyes to mere slits as his brain worked in overdrive to try and place her face. It was maybe a little bit familiar, but then again most people looked familiar to him (he didn't bother with distinctions. It was a stroke of luck that he had ever gotten anybody's name right. Especially if he was ever intoxicated.

"Oh yeah, kid...Kore," he said slowly, standing up. He didn't know her at all. Really, didn't. But if she wanted to partner up on whatever was going on, he had no actual effort to go and seek anyone else out. He looked over at his shoulder and saw Aodhan spitting facts and critiquing whatever the Vice Headmistress had said. It sounded about right, whatever Aodhan was rambling about. Sig was nearby... and that topped the list of immediate people Vincent knew or gave a little bit of a damn about. "Sure. Yeah. Let's, uh... buddy up. You take the lead though, you seem to know what you're doing."

He tried to rack his brain to remember what had been announced. What was the point of this shitty class anyway? He half remembered the Vice Headmistress mentioning scent cloaking and a labyrinth. Where they going in? Getting lost? Going crazy?

"So, uh... you gonna join the poop line or what?" VIncent crinkled his nose as he the scent of the dirt or whatever the fuck they were smearing on kids caught the wind and assaulted his regular olfaction. "Because I think there was talk of treasure, and that sounds pretty good. I could use a new goblet. Fuckin' Comus took my best one." He mumbled off, staggering a bit as he clutched the leather, still in his pocket. He remembered the thing about smell and opted to dump the contents of the leather on himself. He'd take a shower later, and it beat smelling like shit. He hadn't drank out of this one, and probably had planned to drink his second pouch of moonshine before heading to class. Now it was all over him, and that made the demigod sad.

"Better be fuckin' worth it-- Hey, squirt! Let's go! Get in there." He shouted to Kore, gesturing wildly to the maze. Send the squirt in first, and maybe pick up whatever slack was left behind. Or just let her do all the work.

Vincent was determined to make this class his bitch.

Cassandra Rothwell (Cassie)
giphy.gif
Cassandra took her leave of Aphrodite's offspring, most likely leaving her to fend for herself, but Cassie didn't want to think about that. The line was already moving at this point when she spotted the group of the troublemakers. The two buff men specifically, the blond and the irishmen, talking to a small girl. They were in line to get that foul-smelling shit smeared on them, but she didn't need it. She just push her own scent downwind or worse yet spread it around or if comes the worst and she is caught, she could fight their breath with her wind control. Assuming the Hydra didn't sneak up on her. It was this thought that made her walk toward the group. We will work better in numbers anyway. I can use my power to cover my scent and distract the Hydra while they get the coins. She didn't care much for riches (she already have plenty of money back home) so maybe she will get bonus points for distracting the Hydra and allowing the others to get the coins and get out. Though the goal was to get the coins undetected and get back. Getting back might be the hard part though, considering we are in a labyrinth. Not hard for her, she can just use the winds to push herself up and look around, but she felt for the others. Considering that she didn't mean to get the pouch of foul-smelling garbage, she figured she could just skip the line and go straight into the Hydra's lair though some part of her wondered if this was indeed the right decison. What if throwing my scent downwind doesn't work? Or worse the hydra sneaks up on me? It still has bloody eyes. Twelve pairs of them. There was also the matter of hiding her bloodline. She didn't think people would take kindly to the daughter of Zeus, half-sister to Herc, and probably every single one of the greek demigod's aunt. That made her chuckle a bit.

She followed the troublemakers and the small girl silently, keeping several feet away from them. They hadn't noticed her. At all. And indeed, the blonde one seemed too drunk to even take note of someone far off in the distance. She wasn't sure what the other big guys were doing, and indeed smoker girl herself wasn't around either. (She remembered seeing her in the outskirts, smoking up a storm, attempting to talk to an elf-girl). Oh what the hell. She raced forward until she was standing right alongside the small girl (Kore).

"You sure you want to team up with that dude in particular?" she said warmly, "you've seen the company he keeps around him."
She had caught wind of their conversation on the way over. She knew she sounded a bit of a snob to critize his company keeping, but said company actually started a fight in the back, and this girl didn't seem the type to handle such things. Then again, she didn't know her, and she was making huge assumbtions. It was right then that she convientally spotted the smoker girl waiting in line to get her goop. She chuckled a bit at that, so much for her "rebellous" streak. "Just figured I would warn ya. Come on, might as well join you guys. I have nothing better to do. The name's Cassie by the way. What's yours?"

Mentions: BELIAL. BELIAL. Deathkitten Deathkitten idalie idalie dmgink dmgink

Users who are viewing this thread

Back