• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Pantheon Academy Student Applications (CS)

Alright Major RP update will be in 3 hours for me, Sorry Still at work I am typing this at break just like i did before

Kore.JPG
Name: Kore
Grade: 9th
Height: 4' 10"
Weight: 95 lbs
Species: Goddess
Godly Parent: Hades/Persephone
Personality: She is extraordinarily shy and quiet. Her flight and flight response would be to freeze. She lacks a lot of confidence in herself, especially around other people. If she's left to her own devices, she's brilliant and confident, but at school? Not so much. She's easily embarrassed, and would much prefer to avoid interacting with people. She is pushing herself though. She knows that her parents expect a lot of her, especially her Dad, and she doesn't want to disappoint him. She's extremely kind and thoughtful like her mother, a little firecracker when she finally opens up, just like the Queen. At the same time, though, she's a lot like her Dad in certain ways. She can be really stubborn and opinionated, very quick to correct people when she knows someone's wrong. The truth matters to her a lot more than being nice and shy goes out the window for a moment when she's gotten into an argument. The instant she's not arguing anymore though? Super embarrassed, and kinda wants to go die in a hole for speaking up at all. She's intelligent, quick-witted, and tenderhearted, all things she got from both her parents equally. Her biggest problem, which she got from both her Mom and her Dad (though you could argue dear old Dad's worse about it), is impulsiveness. Something that seems to be an issue for most of the Greek pantheon, she doesn't always think of the consequences of her actions. Most of the time, she's thoughtful, yes, but then... some of the time... caution goes out the window because she just needs to fix something.
Background: Kore, named after her Mother's older moniker, has always been mixed between two distinct places, the Underworld and Earth. Demeter, her Grandmother, was really protective. She never 100% forgave her Dad for "stealing" her Mom. Whatever happened in the past, they were happy now most of the time, so did it really matter that much? Besides... Uncle/Grandfather Zeus and Uncle Poseidon were way more morally questionable, in the past than Dad was. Her family was always really complicated, but for the most part so far she's gotten to stay away from all that drama. Between the Underworld no one wants to visit and Demeter's protective nature... she's honestly pretty sheltered. The most she's been able to get out has been at the school, which is practically her second (third?) home. Any time that someone's too busy to watch her or they want someone to babysit her, she's at the school. She's been raised there, though you might not think it given how shy she still is. Over the years she's gotten more comfortable with the teachers, but the ever-shifting student body has always perplexed her. They're scary to her. They're an unknown... plus most of them were raised with humans! That's weird in and of itself. Humans were so... so finite, so short-lived, so cute, and small, and just... interesting!

For the people-watching quality of it, she's happy when she's able to spend time there. To all the teachers, she's a familiar face, and considering her being a young goddess, a lot of older students know her too. Finally, though, it's her time to shine. She finally gets to go to the school she's just been watching for what feels like an eternity, and she's super excited about it. She's determined to bring back good grades and make her parents proud... after all, she has some pretty big shadows she's living under.
Abilities/Gifts:
For the moment her abilities are rather limited. She's young and hasn't had a lot of time to discover herself... nor has she had some horrendous thing happen like being eaten to force her into learning faster.

• A mixture between the two sides of her heritage, Kore is what she would call a necrodruid. Something in between a druid and a necromancer. She can control plants like her Mother can, flowers sprout in her wake and she ends up with a bouquet in her hair whenever she gets overwhelmed. At the same time, however, she can commune with/see/otherwise interact with spirits and see mortals' lifespans.

It's a strange mix that sometimes disturbs people.

The plants that she makes when she's upset or otherwise feeling negatively, are ones wrought with thorns or that have poisonous berries. Orchids, cacti, roses, poison ivy, mushrooms, nightshade, you name it. If she's not careful, she could leave a path of death in her wake instead of life, a reflection of her Underworld home.

When she's feeling upbeat, however, it's as bright as a spring morning, a spitting image of her Mother's beautiful abilities. Sweet smelling flowers, grass, apples and pomegranates. It's a great time, a beautiful earthly garden.

Weapon Training: None
Other: She has a Cerberus pup named Kerby, short for Kerberos II. She is obscenely wealthy as her Dad is not only the god of the Underworld, but also of money, precious metals, and wealth.
puppy cerberus.jpg

Last edited:
Accelerate Accelerate Nice.

So, considering that you are allowing full blown Goddesses to exist, even though you specifically said that we can't have that.
Can we get a full-blooded God/Goddess character? Or maybe even a fourth character slot?

Because honestly that would be lovely.
Also it would make for some interesting combinations

I mean my original idea was to have a character that was the offspring of Seth and Aphrodite. I mean seriously with all the pantheons together in one place. Cross-breeding is bound to happen.

oof I am being put on blast am I? I didn't say You COULDN'T use full on gods, But I never said you could either That one is a VERY special cause and only accepted after careful consideration as a Young God/Goddess would be perfect to be shaped by those around them. So Through RP shaping by the others around I wish to see how the cast make a impression on her.

A god/Goddess shaped by humankind. It's a fun concept that i wish to see interacted, But remember just like i said earlier all Gods/Goddess cannot directly interfere with What the cast can do....Only partial Guidance. That's For Outside the academy btw. Inside the academy Well yeah Gods/Goddesses can be dicks/assholes what do you expect?

A god/Goddess shaped by humankind. It's a fun concept that i wish to see interacted, But remember just like i said earlier all Gods/Goddess cannot directly interfere with What the cast can do....Only partial Guidance. That's For Outside the academy btw. Inside the academy Well yeah Gods/Goddesses can be dicks/assholes what do you expect?
I see your point. But by allowing a full-blooded diety to exist. You've opened the flood gates as it were.

Hmmm. I would like to trade one of my characters out for another full-blooded diety. Of course, this is entirely up to you.

Floodgates for me is allowing any Modern Religion *monotheistic that is* ENter in XD

Trade a character for whom?

And Like i said i am swamped with work and was looking for a CO-Gm who I think i have chosen properly whatever He/She says will be as good as my word, so if He/She says something and its different than what i said, i will allow the Co-Gm's word to be taken over mine, as I didn't realize i would be working 16 hour shifts

I would like to point out that in mythologies any child born of 2 gods never gets the power of both parents.
They either get a similar power to 1 of the parents, OR they get a totally new type of power.

(I'm trying real hard not to be a little irked that the new char is basically Chloe but with a second godly parent 😅, because I'm all for seeing more sheltered shy characters, but this feels too copied. Heck Chloe originally was created as a child of both Hades and Persephone, and I adapted her because of how this rp was set up. (I mean, look at my avatar, it IS Hades and Persephone art.))

Last edited:
I would like to point out that in mythologies any child born of 2 gods never gets the power of both parents.
They either get a similar power to 1 of the parents, OR they get a totally new type of power.

(I'm trying real hard not to be a little irked that the new char is basically Chloe but with a second godly parent 😅, because I'm all for seeing more sheltered shy characters, but this feels too copied. Heck Chloe originally was created as a child of both Hades and Persephone, and I adapted her because of how this rp was set up. (I mean, look at my avatar, it IS Hades and Persephone art.))
I realized that too but didn't want to say anything since I think it was yours to call out.

I too thought the same thing. That Kore was just a copy of Chole but "better." Hell, even her personality and backstory is pretty much the same. Honestly I don't see why she has to be a full goddess while the rest of us had to follow the rules. .

thoth1.png
Name: Θώθ, Thoth
Age: At least 8,019 years old, going by when worship started, but he is indeed much older.
Class: Math, Magic, and he spends an awful lot of time in the Library.
Height: 6'0"
Weight: 138 lbs
Species: Deity
Godly Parent: None, self-created.
Personality: Cold and somewhat despondent, Thoth isn't exactly the sort of deity you cuddle up to and have a casual chat with. He's not the vengeful sort either, he just... doesn't want to deal with all that mortal crap, or deific crap, for that matter. He's busy, and as far as he's concerned, his time is worth a lot. All that put to the side, however, he does care about those he is in charge of. His students are expected to do well, but "god" forbid someone hurt them under his watch.
Background: A major god of the Egyptian religion, Thoth was well respected and worshiped for a great many things. "As Thoth was credited with the creation of a number of branches of knowledge (law, magic, philosophy, religion, science, and writing) he was thought to be an infallible judge capable of rendering completely just decisions. The Greeks admired him so greatly that they credited him as the originator of all knowledge on earth and in the heavens. He was so important to the gods, and especially to Ra, that he was the god chosen to retrieve Ra's daughter from the distant lands she sometimes fled to." He was, and still is, one of Ra's best friends.

But times change, and if you don't change with them, you're going to end up left in the dust. Humans moved on from worshiping him and his siblings and instead opted for different deities. He wasn't jealous. In fact, it gave him more time to do as he pleased. He spent a great many years hopping from place to place, exploring libraries of different societies, peeking in on laboratories (without messing with anything, of course), and just generally doing whatever he wanted because he could now. He wasn't as busy. He still checked in with the family often, however.

Slowly, his popularity as a god started to grow again. He began getting recognized as "an important spiritual entity. Aside from those in the New Age, Wiccan, or Neo-Pagan communities who revere the god, he [became] one of the better known Egyptian deities in popular culture. The University of Cairo [even featured him] on his throne as their logo and statuary of the god remains one of the most popular and recognizable."

One year, he was approached with an offer, something that would suit him well. Teaching the younger generation of demideities. He couldn't refuse. What would be a better use of his time than in a place devoted to learning? So, he jumped at the offer, and has been working there since.
Abilities/Gifts:

• He knows when someone is lying to him or hiding information from him when they’re speaking to him, and it annoys him to no end that people would even try at this point.

He does not know what the secret itself is, especially not from those who have divine blood.

Weapon Training: Technically, he's had a rather large amount of "training" with magic, though he'd hardly like to use that as a weapon if he could avoid it.
Other: He has an extremely faithful African Sacred Ibis that is often seen wandering around campus gathering things for him. Its name is Djehuti, after the much less common rendering of his name - the idea amused him, and the other option was to just name the Ibis, Ibis.
Thoth is the god of a great many domains and his abilities reflect this. These are shortened to eliminate some that are very similar. Likewise, the ones in bold and underlined are the most relevant to him.

Thoth is the god of Knowledge, the Moon, Measurement, Equilibrium/Balance, Wisdom, Judgement of the Dead, Records, Thought, Intelligence, Meditation, the Mind, Logic, Reason, Science, Magic, Secrets, Writing/Reading, Arbitrator of Godly Disputes.

He also serves as counsel/friend to Ra, and serves a major role in maintaining the balance of the universe.

Last edited:

6SLExFy.png

Tiffany van Ayk
6SLExFy.png

48a0e7d6ff74e558721e916e3ce2abc3.jpg

BASICS
FULL NAME
Tiffany van Ayk

NAME
Tiffany

GRADE
12th

SEX
Female

MYTHOLOGY
Babylonian/Assyrian

SPECIES
Demigoddess

PARENT
Ishtar

TEXT COLOR
#0077cc
APPEARANCE
HEIGHT
175cm
5'9"

WEIGHT
57kg
125lbs

BUILD
Hourglass figure with a prominent bosom and matching hips

Chest size
D cup

EYE COLOR
Amber

HAIR COLOR AND STYLE
Deep chocolate brown, large full waves that reach just around her breasts

STYLE
Her choice of clothing primarily consists of anything tight and revealing. Basically anything that will amplify her large bosom and seriously tiny waist. She always wears extremely high heels. Her make-up is quite noticeable, always on point, most often with a very strong red color on her lips.
PERSONAL
BIOGRAPHY
Tiffany's personality is so, so very easily explained if you take into account the type of home that she grew up in. The basic sum of it is her father, a divorced man, trying his best in raising her and her twin older brothers (half brothers of course), but since he's so busy working most of the time he isn't very much around and because of that she has daddy-issues.

That's the easy explanation.
The more detailed one is how Tiffany is the cause of the man's divorce. He had a fling with Ishtar, I mean, who wouldn't right? And when the child was born the goddess subsequently dumped the child in his care and took off. The wife, to whom the man had been married for 9 years, was not all too keen on her husbands escapades and promptly divorced from him. She tried to take everything from him in the divorce, but was left with little to nothing as everything in the estate was in his name.
As far as Tiffany is concerned, served her right.

The twin sons that the pair had before Tiffany came along were 7 by the time the girl up and wrecked their life. Yes, they resented her at the start, but the ended up just being swayed by the adorable little bundle (She figures perhaps a tiny bit of her powers set in early which helped in persuading the boys). And boy did she turn out to be a handful.
With the father away a lot to sustain their well off lifestyle the brothers resorted to pampering their sister. (She mostly leaves out the detail that there were various nannies over the years that watched over them, but for the rest she deems those nannies insignificant to her life. Mostly because they never stuck around long enough to really form a bond.)

Pampered and spoiled rotten Tiffany always managed to find herself in the position of 'Miss Popular' in every school she's been in. How she even managed to get through any school is beyond anyone, as she spends more time in pageants, at cheerleading (or whatever this school's equivalent is of a cheerleader), and doing her make-up than even looking at a book. Let alone open it.
Her knowledge is so limited in fact that when she once told her teacher off when he was explaining that the sun was a star. The sun is a sun, not a freaking star, duh.
Whatever, it's not like she needed to be smart, she was pretty, and sexy, and what else did you need?

Either way, eventually some messenger found her and told her she was a daughter of a goddess and that she was to be brought to a school full of people like her, half gods.
Most people would have felt sad that they would have to leave their home and come to some fancy school, but Tiffany really didn't care either way. As long as they didn't expect of her to, you know, change what was best about her. Her appeal. (Because it was the only way for her to get through school. Convince some hapless nerd that swooned and went jelly the moment she smiled in his general direction to do what her homework for her.)

She came to this school four years ago and is now in her final year. She also joined this school's equivalent of a cheersquad the first moment that she could.
Warning: This, and any other item under a spoiler tag, is to show who Tiffany truly is behind her popular girl persona. Any knowledge of this is not to be used without my explicit consent.

The one thing Tiffany will never tell anyone is the truth of how she came to be. It's rooted so deep that she created a whole different persona to present to the world, just to get away with from it.
Tiffany is the result of a little more than just some random one night stand. Her father was one of the people who organized monthly high class masquerade sex parties in his private club. Places like these are where Ishtar certainly felt at home, much akin to the parties held in her honor back in the day. The first time she had come in and instantly caught the attention of the club's owner. They hit it off real well and she came to these events frequently, though as is the norm in these events, neither knew the other's name or face behind the mask.

Despite all cares taken, Ishtar did fall pregnant at a certain point. She had the child and dropped the bundle off at the man's place, never to see him again.
The man had wanted to get rid of the kid, give it up for adoption, a foster family, whatever, but there was just something about that little one that made it impossible for him to just throw her away. He eventually came to the conclusion that with the money he got from his club he could easily take care of a child like this, and it would give him a second purpose in life.

So he went about it as best as he could, and as far as parenting was concerned, he did a very fine job. Raised her well, gave her everything she needed, cared for her as a parent, and tried his best to truly listen to her.
At school was a different story, Tiffany was teased, a lot, for what her father did for a living. The teasing shaped her more than she cared to admit.
Eventually Tiffany fell sick. It was just a mild deterioration at first. She had less and less energy, not being able to enjoy the hobbies that she used to. It was hard at first, convincing people that there was something wrong. People chalked it up to her being a growing child (her body at that point already making quite prominent changes), not sleeping enough, just doing too much, or even how the teasing probably got to her and she was looking for an excuse to stay away from school.

Public opinion quickly changed when she collapsed in the school and couldn't be woken. She was rushed to the hospital and they had to pull out all the stops just to get her to awaken again. After that Tiffany barely left the hospital.
The doctors were baffled at her sudden deterioration, and couldn't explain why her body was shutting down. She was eating well, but she gained no energy from it. They told her father to prepare for the worst.

Meanwhile during her hospital stay there had been another boy who had been dealing with his own battle with a disease he never fully explained to Tiffany. Either way they spent a lot of time together. The thirteen year old couldn't help herself and fell for the boy who was about a year older than her. The closer they became the more Tiffany felt that she didn't want to die, she wanted to be with this boy, always. And he had expressed similar feelings towards her, not wanting to see her die because of some unnamed sickness.
In a flurry of teen hormones they made a rash decision and had their first time together.

It proved to be the last time for him. One moment Tiffany was feeling better than she had been in a long time, the next the undressed body of the one she loved fell on top of her. Something, somewhere during their embrace, had drained the life clean out of the boy and he died soon after. She panic'd, pushing him off her till he landed on the ground with a dull thud. Frozen she stared at the body, not even fully realizing that she had started to feel better, significantly better. It was then that someone appeared in her room.

What had made the Messenger choose to come now is still a mystery to Tiffany, but it was certainly a shock, and in a way she was grateful. This is when Tiffany learned of her godly parentage. She was brought to the school in the dead of night and examined by one of the nurses present. The nurse, who turned out to be Isis, figured out what ailed the poor girl.

Tiffany's health had begun to decline right about when her powers had awakened. This event had changed something significant about her. Food alone could no longer sustain the traumatized girl. Much like a succubus Tiffany needed to take the life force, the energy, from others in order to remain alive. She helped Tiffany through her initial trauma and to embrace who she was if she wanted to stay alive. She taught her child how to only take tiny bits, just enough energy to stay alive but not enough to harm the person.
Then she had Tiffany enrolled in the school where she could gain better control over her abilities in a safe environment. Isis had promised, upon Tiffany's pleading, not to tell a soul about it until Tiffany was ready.

Not wanting to have to deal with explaining her past to others, Tiffany created an entire different persona and background to cover it up and has never swayed from it since.
To add to that, she figured an 'I killed my boyfriend while having intercourse will you be my next meal' wouldn't go over too well. So she left that entire part out of her list of abilities. Her popular bimbo persona definitely gave her a lot more attention and a lot more possibilities.
She has been here for four years now, and her story still stands strong.

RHETI NUMBER
7, The Adventurer

PERSONALITY
Total Drama Queen, no doubt about it. And a full on attention wh.. seeker. Spoiled princess, and primarily lust driven. It's her primary source of focus, and thus will act from there on out. She is headstrong, and feisty. Able to adapt to whatever role someone would want to see from her.
For the most part the type you’ll find on her phone and FatesBook constantly, using Divinagram to make pictures of her food, and revel in the attention of her adoring fan base online. Of course she will not tolerate it if anyone EVER posts anything about her without her full authorization. Oh and did I mention she is a spoiled princess to boot.
Deep down Tiffany is very scared of not being liked for real and subsequently being deprived of the one thing she needs to stay alive. She has buried this under so many layers that even she herself glances over it. If she were to really stop and think she wouldn't even know where the real Tiffany is and what she would be like.
OTHER
POWER
Her powers work only on men, women do not feel any effect.

Lust
She can invoke lust upon her adversaries, making her the object of their desire. She can’t sway them to do her bidding though. Depending on the degree it's used it can cause anything from just basic heartthrobs to full on jumping her. Though since she is still learning her craft she usually can't influence someone that much (won't be used in the RP without consent)

Illusion
She can also get into your head and show you the image of twelve beautiful courtesans, all wanting you to be their master. This of course isn’t real, just an illusion in the man's head that could potentially leave the opponent in ultimate bliss (and a bit of embarrassment). In part this is a tactic to confuse her opponent and sneak away, regardless of whether he will give in to the courtesans.
Siphoning
Through intimate physical contact with men Tiffany can siphon their energy and life force from them. This is solely used to keep herself alive as she needs the energy to sustain herself. She doesn't tell anyone about this power, in fear of losing people's trust in her ability to restrain herself.
The stronger the person she siphons from the more she can take (and thus sustain herself longer) without that person feeling any immediate effect other than feeling tired after the deed. (She chalks it up to how good she is in bed) Multiple male partners at once give her even more of a boost. It goes without saying that there is a limit to how much she can safely take from someone, as there is also a limit on how much a person can lose before dying.
This does not work on women, though she does not shy away from engaging with them.

HOBBIES AND TALENTS
Cheerleading
Highly flexible and durable
Anything R rated is pretty much her speciality
Pole dancing
Performing a tea ceremony

WEAPONS
Tiffany will rely on her powers, especially if there are men nearby that she can influence. Her motto: Make love in the middle of war.

Physical/intimate contact
Freshly brushed teeth
Leather
High heels
Being the center of attention
Tea

DISLIKES
Mornings
Sharing
Being told No
Lollipops (why suck on something so boring)

QUIRKS
Will go and chew bubblegum to calm her nerves.
She is a murderous dragon right after waking up.

VOICE
Rachel McAdams (Mean Girls)

OTHER
She has had 3 pregnancy scares, all were false alarms. Her biggest issue with the scares was that she had no idea who the father would have been.
Tiffany does not wear underwear.
Her relationship with her Boo (Arthur) is very open and free. She does get jealous if he spends time with others, but quickly retaliates by doing the same thing.
Tiffany will sleep with anyone, including women, but she has a preference for men.
RELATIONS
This section contains a brief personal opinion of the other individuals that Tiffany has interacted with. (In random order)
This is purely from her perspective and does not necessarily reflect the other person's views.

Arthur Hertz-Falk
Meni and Gad definitely were on my side when it came to picking boyfriends. He's perfect. He gives me flowers and other gifts whenever he can, is super sweet and just the absolute dearest. Plus, he accepts me the way I am. Flirty, fun, and not exactly monogamous.
Okay fine, yeah we've had our tiffs about that. But we always make it up in the end. Make ups are just the best. If you know what I mean. And it's not like he doesn't flirt around with other girls. That's one thing that does irritate me. Like, come on, am I not enough? Geez.
Oh but I can never stay mad at him too long. He always knows how to reach me when I'm mad. 😏
Vincent Ambrosia
Just look at that face. Look at it! How could you not wanna hug that face with your thighs? Ahem. Right.
What I mean to say is, he's dreamy, and just the right amount of trouble. He knows how to party and has the alcohol flowing freely at just about any moment. Definitely my kind of fun.
Actually now that I think about it, I can't say I know him that well? We're in the same year, and have shared a few encounters, and drinks, but that's about it. 10/10 I'd go drinking with him any day of the week.
Shakir Imen Hakim
If it wasn't for that shoddy rumor that arose in the first year I probably would have tried my luck with him. Especially after puberty hit, oh mama, I'd like me some of that. But rumors are rumors and if you want to keep any form of credibility with the cheer squad, you best be staying away from him. Can't say much else about him. Haven't really spoken to him much.
Chloe Thanes
How the heck am I supposed to form an opinion on someone I only spoke to like, 10 seconds? Fine.
She seems waaaay too timid. She's gonna get eaten up here and crushed if she stays like that. Plus, she's gonna have to choose some better friends if she wants to make it here. Actually, is she even old enough to be here? She looked like she was 10. WHAT? 16? Damn did she drink from the fountain of youth as a baby or something?
Mikoto Hatsukawa
That pipsqueak! Ugh! He's ratted me out so many times, it's just infuriating. I am really not going to say anything else about it.
Hiraya Armas
She's okay I guess, we spoke a few times since we are in the same class, but we're not like, best buddies. She's all smiles most of the time, so it's hard to not like her. And, she is pretty. So yeah, that.
Kore
The who now?
Oh that droopy kid that always hangs out on campus? Is she even a student here?
What? Oh just kinda raised here? Ah that explains. No, I have no idea who that is.
Amaterasu
Alright that old Hag just gets on my nerves. Look I get it, being the headmistress gives you a certain authority, along with the whole goddess part, but for real, she should loosen up a little. With her around, it's no wonder I prefer to party under the moonlight.
Rieko Tanaka
So, okay, the Vice-Headmistress is okay at times? But at other times she's just as much an ass as her... what were they again? Sisters? Mostly because she doesn't just up in your face show her position, instead she does things the sneaky way.
But on other times she's like, very chill, so I'm not entirely sure what to think of her. At least I like her more than the Headmistress.
Ayanna Paphos
You really wanna hear me talk about my mom? Fine, your funeral.
For real, I love being who I am, what I am... also I guess. And I got that all thanks to her. It's just... a little complicated? I can't completely open up to her. In a way I want to, but also, like, not so much. I don't want to reveal all the stuff from my past and I seriously really hope she doesn't know. 'Cause ugh! I mean, if she, like, does know, she at least has the courtesy to pretend she doesn't, so I guess that gives her bonus points or whatever.
Robert Otived
(To be written)
Garrus Arkilios
Hot damn. I can see why my mother went for that one. Seriously why didn't she just stick with this one? He's obviously the better looking of the two. Whatever. If it wasn't like, weird or so, I'd definitely go for him. But do I really wanna be in the arms of a man that's been with my mom? Ew. Still a pity, but I'll survive.
Comus
Thanks to that pipsqueak Mikoto I've gotten my fair share of disciplinary actions. I mean, if it wasn't for that I'd think he was an interesting person? Not doable, but certainly an interesting one.
Ingrid Hjelmstad
Okay so like, I have no interest in really hanging out with a teacher, but she seems okay? She kinda knows how to party, and doesn't care if people talk trash about being a slut, so I get that and that kinda makes her cool. But yeah. I'm not gonna be seen hanging out with a teacher.
Thoth
Okay, this dude, that's the dude I stay far away from. I've got my secrets, and I'd like to keep them to myself. I actually don't know if he can like, extract secrets, or knows them, or if he just knows you're keeping a secret, but none of those are good. I don't want people to think I am keeping secrets. Or at least, nothing major... At least that pet bird of his is pretty.

Last edited:

Allfather
Arthur Hertz-Falk

|Basics|
Age • 18
Grade 12

Gender • Male
Arthur.jpg

Appearance •
Height: 6'0" | 183 cm
Weight: 162 lbs | 73.5 kg
Hair: Blonde
Eyes: Blue

Inheritance
Species: Demigod
Parent: Odin, Norse God of Wisdom, Poetry, War, Death, Divination, and Magic

|Persona|
Likes •
Theme parks
Poetry
Wine
Pumpkin
Taxidermy (though he keeps it a secret if he sees some he'll examine it with admiration)
Cold weather
Hiking
Sports and other 'friendly' competitions

Dislikes •
Animals
Scented things
The beach
Pickles
RPGs
Country pop
The color yellow
Loners

Personality •

"What are you talking about? I'm just your normal, average guy."
tenor.gif

✥✥✥✥✥Unlike his distant and mysterious father, Arthur has a very warm and welcoming charisma. He's a literal 'Golden Child' who can do no wrong. A sweet, earnest kid who always does his schoolwork and doesn't need an excuse to buy his girlfriend roses. The type of person who is nominated for leadership positions, who can easily gain a following and only has to shine his bright smile at someone to earn their trust. He is sociable and open, smart when it comes to navigating relationships and organizing events, and can read the atmosphere to create a situation that makes other feel comfortable and happy. Altruistic, he is there to lend a helping hand or sympathetic ear, not minding getting down and dirty for the good of others. His confidence is addicting and makes those around him feel better about themselves, too. Truly he embodies the very essence of a 'hero'- kind, virtuous, brave, and strong. Unlike many students he wears his parentage proudly, but even if he didn't it would be easy to tell that here is the child of a great and mighty god.

✥✥✥✥✥Thankfully modern perceptions of the old Nordic myths have made it easier for Arthur to blend in. Many have forgotten the cold, cruel origins of his father's past and think of Asgard as a place of nobility, fairness, and honor. This is the projection Arthur basques in, content to be perceived as a just warrior prince. The reality is that Odin is driven by a terror of the inexorable end date upon his head. Despite being amongst the oldest, wisest, and most powerful of the gods, the distant murmurs of Ragnarok mean that neither the Allfather nor his pantheon can enjoy the same flippant immortality of their peers. And although this is a fact written in Fates even the strongest Rune Master or Volva cannot distort, somehow Odin continues to push against it, futilely gathering his dead warriors for endless days of battle and feast, heady off of millennia spent drowning in ecstasy. And perhaps it is for this reason that Arthur too exists, and why he was favored with so much of the old god's time. His destiny to become a great hero, to fall beautifully in battle, only to feel the ghostly arms of the Valkyrie escorting him to Valhalla, a paradise prison of endless conflict until its inmates are released unto a doomed war.

✥✥✥✥✥But unlike his father Arthur does not spindle under a dark fate. Rather he has chosen to shine in the glory of his current life. Well known around the academy for being a Nice Guy, for the sickeningly sweet relationship he has with his girlfriend, and for his countless victories in the popular War Games, he is someone who seems to have it all together, hurtling towards a perfect life. Father, Destiny, all that aside...he's just your stereotypical popular kid jock who anyone would want to get closer to, right?

✥✥✥✥✥Yet Arthur's entire personality is based around the art of performance. Give people what they want, because he cannot deny the blood flowing through his veins that jumps for the rush of being loved and being praised. Because he never learned anything different than to aspire to perfection, and that his true feelings were something destructive to be locked away. For despite his sociableness, despite his charisma, despite his charm, the truth is Arthur lives an empty life. Even as he reads people he's never truly felt a connection to them beyond, perhaps, what he could convince himself that he should be able to. A psychopath in the truest sense of the word, any relationship he forms, whether it be to the parents who loved him, Odin who sculpted him, or even his longtime girlfriend, go barely skin-deep. Things like empathy, guilt, or remorse are feelings he cannot comprehend. The only person who truly matters to Arthur is himself. Everyone else is a mere imitation, some other thing that exists in some other place. This separateness curdled into a narcissism of the most dangerous kind, though happenstance has so far managed to keep it in check.

✥✥✥✥✥Odin thrives in the thrill of accomplishment, of genius, of the first spill of blood and the sweet taste of wine. He is the god embodiment of vivifying ecstasy, of that all-enchanting all-consuming adrenaline. And yet this purest euphoria was the one thing he denied his son, leaving him lapping at droplets of a vast ocean he can never reach, only taste and fail to understand. But even if he's realized this, what can he do? After spending so much time with the god who has been everywhere and seen the deepest truths of the world, perhaps he's become complacent in his confidence. Odin recognized this contradiction, leading to him abandoning his son on the academy's shores with an impossible task. And while it always haunts the background of his mind, Arthur has no choice but to push on, to prove himself, hoping that by faking success perhaps he can luck into the real thing. Besides, his father is Odin, leader of the Norse gods, who had explicitly chosen him to become his pupil. For that he already knows he's the best among the demigods. Now he only has to prove it.

Backstory •
Gugnir.png

"So that's why I'm different from everyone else..."
CW: Animal Cruelty, Drug Abuse

✥✥✥✥✥Hertz Corp, a brand name known across the world for innovation in energy production and sales. A proud and formidable company protected by the symbol of Gugnir that adorns its logo, a small touch added by founder Cornelius Hertz, brought over from the old country when he moved to America to begin a new life. He was a real raw-handed, bootstraps-pulling sort of man who was proud of where he had come from and what he could accomplish, taking a simple lighting company and, over the years, transforming it into a global powerhouse.

✥✥✥✥✥Such was the legacy that Arelia Hertz desired several generations hence. She was a cold woman, noted for her hawkish features and stern way of doing things. But she was a person known to get results. However, on the day her father, former Hertz Corp CEO, died, it wasn't Arelia who was left with his title. It was Paul. Always, always Paul. Her older brother and 'superior' in every way, at least, according to his own way of telling it. At one time, perhaps, the siblings had been close. There were five all together, but between the two eldest competition eventually became the natural state. But they were raised in a different time with a patriarchal head. No matter how much better Arelia's grades were than her brother's it would only lead to condemnation. Because her place was not to learn academics and business, but to how to be a soft and gentle wife. It was when Paul's machinations denied her the chance to go to university that Arelia's hatred was sealed. And when her father's will announced, to no surprise, that her foolish brother would become the next CEO on merely the basis of his sex, she decided that enough was enough.

✥✥✥✥✥Paul Hertz wasn't stupid but he was a failure, known for wasting money on vanity projects and spending his days playing with dangerous toys rather than learning how to lead. Though he had a wife their marriage was notoriously unhappy as it was an open secret that Paul preferred partners more similar to himself and took no hesitation to sleeping around. While drug use wasn't uncommon among people of their status, his had gotten to the point where the board worried it would effect the company's image going forward in an already tempestuous time following the former CEO's end. In short, no one was happy with the man, and no one would miss him if he was gone.

✥✥✥✥✥That was what Arelia convinced herself as she invited her brother to her luxurious New York apartment for a congratulatory toast. The mantra she chanted while, like an old soothsayer, she carefully laced the dark red wine with that fittingly named 'Liquid Ecstasy.' For it was a special kind of thrill that sang through her body that night, an anticipation the severe woman who had long flown with clipped wings had never before felt until she saw her brother sitting before her already half dazed from whatever sordid affair of his prior engagements, his lips crimson with the poisoned wine. Perhaps it was the madness of these actions that had Arelia, drunk on thrill before the alcohol ever entered her blood, cheekily congratulate her brother on his promotion, though adding, "If it were me who inherited the company, I'd even give that old Odin my firstborn!" Perhaps it was the concoction of the intoxicating feelings behind those words that summoned the god.

✥✥✥✥✥After he was under it was a simple matter to move Paul and inject enough grams of heroin to make sure that he never woke. Arelia was a strategic woman, confident that no one would go looking for any other cause. However, once she returned to her apartment, dizzy with the feelings of freedom and success, she found that she was not alone. There was an old one-eyed man there, such a one at whose intrusion anyone would call the police, but for some reason something about him mixed with her excitement and had Arelia struck with awe. He approached her and said only a single line, a dark smile spreading upon a wrinkled face. "Your family has always been good to me. I accept your offering." And instead of taking her firstborn, Odin gave her one instead.

✥✥✥✥✥That is how Arthur came into being, none the wiser who his true father was. Arelia was named the new CEO in wake of her brother's tragic death. The husband that had been assigned to her was too earnest to ever suspect their golden-haired pride and joy was anyone else's but his own. And thus the boy grew up in the lap of luxury, never wanting for praise or material things. Despite the long hours his parents would spend at work the years in which he grew up were indubitably peaceful... well, excluding a few outlier incidents. Like when the neighbors' pets would go missing only to be discovered a few days later in suspect locations, dead by unnatural causes. But Arthur was such a dear boy that his parents decided not to worry too greatly over it, simply sending him to spend some time in 'that place' and out from any media's prying eyes. And Arthur was like the father he didn't know, a quick learner and sly. Even as a child it didn't take long for him to figure out how to be the son that everyone wanted, the son that everyone praised, as when you're a person that everyone loves, it's a lot easier to get away with things away from the light.

✥✥✥✥✥Sometimes the boy would notice an old man watching him. Like a good child he'd report these incidents to his mom, but when he described said man she told him not to worry. That he was simply his 'Guardian Angel' and would never do him harm. But this was not an answer Arthur was satisfied with. So one day he confronted him, and that was when he learned the truth. His age was young enough that he was still easily permeable by such things as gods and fairytales, though in his curiosity he did ask for proof of what the man said. And when Odin acquiesced Arthur acknowledged that the story must be true. It made sense, in a way. Though he played with the other children, though he became their friend, he had always felt a veil between them, and had too many secrets to ever really feel like they were one and the same.

✥✥✥✥✥His mother died when he was just 11 years old. After all her struggles and hard work, after years of living with the pain and guilt of having spilled her own blood, in the end it added up to just 11 measly years of a dream, ended by a common hit-and-run. Arthur had been with her at the time. At the funeral Odin approached the boy one last time. He told him that he would gain nothing by remaining with his family in Midgard, that his surviving "father" had nothing to teach him, and the greatest glory he could hope to aspire to was running a company. He revealed that, with his blessing, Arthur could become a rich and successful CEO and then he would die. But if he left with him, he would show him the Truth of all things and teach him the ways of herohood and glory. Arthur agreed.

✥✥✥✥✥For the next three years he traveled extensively with Odin, though what he saw and what they did are topics he does not speak freely of, only that they were plethora in nature. He learned about his father and the world he came from. And the abilities which he had granted him. And that is all.

✥✥✥✥✥But somewhere along the way the two had a falling out, Odin claiming that he had nothing left to teach him in his current state. Instead he notified the messenger Hermod and before he knew it Arthur was at Pantheon Academy. His father's last words to him were that, though he had lost much in life he had never truly sacrificed anything, and without sacrifice Truth can never be obtained. So Arthur has spent the past four years showing himself to be the Golden Boy, the powerful, wise, magnanimous son of that famous leader of the Nordic pantheon whom everyone could love. He became known for his athletic and academic achievements and kind heart. The perfect face, a perfect record, he even found himself the perfect girlfriend in Tiffany van Ayk. Truly a blindingly gilded life. Though underneath that glitter are many nights spent contemplating Odin's words.

original.gif

|Gifts|
Abilities / Gifts •
Seidr.
Though an art more often practiced among women, as it was Odin's specialty he taught it to his son. Seidr is a magic focused on "discerning the fated course of events and symbolically weaving new events into being in accordance with fate’s framework." It requires a kind of meditative trance that allows the practitioner's spirit to travel throughout the Nine Worlds to gather the answers or write the history that they seek. Because Arthur hasn't taken the necessary steps to become a true practitioner there are many things and places which he cannot visit, and remains only able to perceive fate, not alter it. Actually his failure here is a source of mild frustration for him. Mostly he uses it as a form of meditation until he can strengthen his abilities, hopefully with Professor Hjelmstad's help.
Runes. Undoubtedly the most powerful gift he obtained during his time with Odin was a nominal understanding of the Runes. It is unknown what he had to do or go through to obtain this knowledge, but suffice it to say that it did not come cheaply, but as his sacrifice did not reach the scope of his father's his knowledge remains incomplete. In their purest state Runes symbolize the power of words and give a user mastery over shaping reality. From healing emotional and bodily wounds, to binding enemies and rendering their weapons worthless, to controlling the elements, to summoning spirits, to manipulating the hearts of others...all of these and more are possible through this most powerful of scripts. Obviously Arthur, rife with human blood and lacking his father's complete wisdom, cannot perform these miracles in their totality. To the use the Runes he also must first write them, whether on his own body or affects or on another's, and can only activate a limited number at a time without causing severely deleterious physical, mental, or emotional stress. Mostly he focuses on healing Runes and those he has adorned to his own body and weapons to grant him additional athletic strength. He might use one or two on testing pencils, too.
Familiars. Arthur has the ability to bond with an animal familiar and make them his servant, however he has yet to find any worthy of his attachment. He also has the ability to occasionally perceive his father's familiars and servants, including the Valkyrie, and know for whom they come.
Sacrifice. (Secret) By making a sacrifice to his father beforehand Arthur can maximize the effects of any of his abilities. The greater the sacrifice, the greater the reward.

Weapon Training •
After spending so much time with Odin it is little wonder that his preferred weapon is the spear. Arthur is deadly with one and has devised all manner of creative ways to use them, rarely goes into battle without one dripping with Runes. He has practiced other weaponry but only to get a taste of them to understand how they work. When it comes down to it, spears really are the best.

Other •
He has tattoos all over his arms and legs which supposedly came from his time traveling with Odin, some of those being Runes that give him extra agility and strength (as writing them every time grew tiresome). He also has scars all along his torso.
Because he spent so much time growing up in Odin's care he's a actually a bit clueless about some aspects of modern life.

original.gif

✵✵✵

Allfather
Arthur Hertz-Falk

|Basics|
Age • 18
Grade 12

Gender • Male

Appearance •
Height: 6'0" | 183 cm
Weight: 162 lbs | 73.5 kg
Hair: Blonde
Eyes: Blue

Inheritance
Species: Demigod
Parent: Odin, Norse God of Wisdom, Poetry, War, Death, Divination, and Magic

|Persona|
Likes •
Theme parks
Poetry
Wine
Pumpkin
Taxidermy (though he keeps it a secret if he sees some he'll examine it with admiration)
Cold weather
Hiking
Sports and other 'friendly' competitions

Dislikes •
Animals
Scented things
The beach
Pickles
RPGs
Country pop
The color yellow
Loners

Personality •

"What are you talking about? I'm just your normal, average guy."
tenor.gif

✥✥✥✥✥Unlike his distant and mysterious father, Arthur has a very warm and welcoming charisma. He's a literal 'Golden Child' who can do no wrong. A sweet, earnest kid who always does his schoolwork and doesn't need an excuse to buy his girlfriend roses. The type of person who is nominated for leadership positions, who can easily gain a following and only has to shine his bright smile at someone to earn their trust. He is sociable and open, smart when it comes to navigating relationships and organizing events, and can read the atmosphere to create a situation that makes other feel comfortable and happy. Altruistic, he is there to lend a helping hand or sympathetic ear, not minding getting down and dirty for the good of others. His confidence is addicting and makes those around him feel better about themselves, too. Truly he embodies the very essence of a 'hero'- kind, virtuous, brave, and strong. Unlike many students he wears his parentage proudly, but even if he didn't it would be easy to tell that here is the child of a great and mighty god.

✥✥✥✥✥Thankfully modern perceptions of the old Nordic myths have made it easier for Arthur to blend in. Many have forgotten the cold, cruel origins of his father's past and think of Asgard as a place of nobility, fairness, and honor. This is the projection Arthur basques in, content to be perceived as a just warrior prince. The reality is that Odin is driven by a terror of the inexorable end date upon his head. Despite being amongst the oldest, wisest, and most powerful of the gods, the distant murmurs of Ragnarok mean that neither the Allfather nor his pantheon can enjoy the same flippant immortality of their peers. And although this is a fact written in Fates even the strongest Rune Master or Volva cannot distort, somehow Odin continues to push against it, futilely gathering his dead warriors for endless days of battle and feast, heady off of millennia spent drowning in ecstasy. And perhaps it is for this reason that Arthur too exists, and why he was favored with so much of the old god's time. His destiny to become a great hero, to fall beautifully in battle, only to feel the ghostly arms of the Valkyrie escorting him to Valhalla, a paradise prison of endless conflict until its inmates are released unto a doomed war.

✥✥✥✥✥But unlike his father Arthur does not spindle under a dark fate. Rather he has chosen to shine in the glory of his current life. Well known around the academy for being a Nice Guy, for the sickeningly sweet relationship he has with his girlfriend, and for his countless victories in the popular War Games, he is someone who seems to have it all together, hurtling towards a perfect life. Father, Destiny, all that aside...he's just your stereotypical popular kid jock who anyone would want to get closer to, right?

✥✥✥✥✥Yet Arthur's entire personality is based around the art of performance. Give people what they want, because he cannot deny the blood flowing through his veins that jumps for the rush of being loved and being praised. Because he never learned anything different than to aspire to perfection, and that his true feelings were something destructive to be locked away. For despite his sociableness, despite his charisma, despite his charm, the truth is Arthur lives an empty life. Even as he reads people he's never truly felt a connection to them beyond, perhaps, what he could convince himself that he should be able to. A psychopath in the truest sense of the word, any relationship he forms, whether it be to the parents who loved him, Odin who sculpted him, or even his longtime girlfriend, go barely skin-deep. Things like empathy, guilt, or remorse are feelings he cannot comprehend. The only person who truly matters to Arthur is himself. Everyone else is a mere imitation, some other thing that exists in some other place. This separateness curdled into a narcissism of the most dangerous kind, though happenstance has so far managed to keep it in check.

✥✥✥✥✥Odin thrives in the thrill of accomplishment, of genius, of the first spill of blood and the sweet taste of wine. He is the god embodiment of vivifying ecstasy, of that all-enchanting all-consuming adrenaline. And yet this purest euphoria was the one thing he denied his son, leaving him lapping at droplets of a vast ocean he can never reach, only taste and fail to understand. But even if he's realized this, what can he do? After spending so much time with the god who has been everywhere and seen the deepest truths of the world, perhaps he's become complacent in his confidence. Odin recognized this contradiction, leading to him abandoning his son on the academy's shores with an impossible task. And while it always haunts the background of his mind, Arthur has no choice but to push on, to prove himself, hoping that by faking success perhaps he can luck into the real thing. Besides, his father is Odin, leader of the Norse gods, who had explicitly chosen him to become his pupil. For that he already knows he's the best among the demigods. Now he only has to prove it.

Backstory •
Gugnir.png

"So that's why I'm different from everyone else..."
CW: Animal Cruelty, Drug Abuse

✥✥✥✥✥Hertz Corp, a brand name known across the world for innovation in energy production and sales. A proud and formidable company protected by the symbol of Gugnir that adorns its logo, a small touch added by founder Cornelius Hertz, brought over from the old country when he moved to America to begin a new life. He was a real raw-handed, bootstraps-pulling sort of man who was proud of where he had come from and what he could accomplish, taking a simple lighting company and, over the years, transforming it into a global powerhouse.

✥✥✥✥✥Such was the legacy that Arelia Hertz desired several generations hence. She was a cold woman, noted for her hawkish features and stern way of doing things. But she was a person known to get results. However, on the day her father, former Hertz Corp's CEO, died, it wasn't Arelia who was left with his title. It was Paul. Always, always Paul. Her older brother and 'superior' in every way, at least, according to his own way of telling it. At one time, perhaps, the siblings had been close. There were five all together, but between the two eldest competition eventually became the natural state. But they were raised in a different time with a patriarchal head. No matter how much better Arelia's grades were than her brother's it would only lead to condemnation. Because her place was not to learn academics and business, but to how to be a soft and gentle wife. It was when Paul's machinations denied her the chance to go to university that Arelia's hatred was sealed. And when her father's will announced, to no surprise, that her foolish brother would become the next CEO on merely the basis of his sex, she decided that enough was enough.

✥✥✥✥✥Paul Hertz wasn't stupid but he was a failure, known for wasting money on vanity projects and spending his days playing with dangerous toys rather than learning how to lead. Though he had a wife their marriage was notoriously unhappy as it was an open secret that Paul preferred partners more similar to himself and took no hesitation to sleeping around. While drug use wasn't uncommon among people of their status, his had gotten to the point where the board worried it would effect the company's image going forward in an already tempestuous time following the former CEO's end. In short, no one was happy with the man, and no one would miss him if he was gone.

✥✥✥✥✥That was what Arelia convinced herself as she invited her brother to her luxurious New York apartment for a congratulatory toast. The mantra she chanted while, like an old soothsayer, she carefully laced the dark red wine with that fittingly named 'Liquid Ecstasy.' For it was a special kind of thrill that sang through her body that night, an anticipation the severe woman who had long flown with clipped wings had never before felt until she saw her brother sitting before her already half dazed from whatever sordid affair of his prior engagements, his lips crimson with the poisoned wine. Perhaps it was the madness of these actions that had Arelia, drunk on thrill before the alcohol ever entered her blood, cheekily congratulate her brother on his promotion, though adding, "If it were me who inherited the company, I'd even give that old Odin my firstborn!" Perhaps it was the concoction of the intoxicating feelings behind those words that summoned the god.

✥✥✥✥✥After he was under it was a simple matter to move Paul and inject enough grams of heroin to make sure that he never woke. Arelia was a strategic woman, confident that no one would go looking for any other cause. However, once she returned to her apartment, dizzy with the feelings of freedom and success, she found that she was not alone. There was an old one-eyed man there, such a one at whose intrusion anyone would call the police, but for some reason something about him mixed with her excitement and had Arelia struck with awe. He approached her and said only a single line, a dark smile spreading upon a wrinkled face. "Your family has always been good to me. I accept your offering." And instead of taking her firstborn, Odin gave her one instead.

✥✥✥✥✥That is how Arthur came into being, none the wiser who his true father was. Arelia was named the new CEO in wake of her brother's tragic death. The husband that had been assigned to her was too earnest to ever suspect their golden-haired pride and joy was anyone else's but his own. And thus the boy grew up in the lap of luxury, never wanting for praise or material things. Despite the long hours his parents would spend at work the years in which he grew up were indubitably peaceful... well, excluding a few outlier incidents. Like when the neighbors' pets would go missing only to be discovered a few days later in suspect locations, dead by unnatural causes. But Arthur was such a dear boy that his parents decided not to worry too greatly over it, simply sending him to spend some time in 'that place' and out from any media's prying eyes. And Arthur was like the father he didn't know, a quick learner and sly. Even as a child it didn't take long for him to figure out how to be the son that everyone wanted, the son that everyone praised, as when you're a person that everyone loves, it's a lot easier to get away with things away from the light.

✥✥✥✥✥Sometimes the boy would notice an old man watching him. Like a good child he'd report these incidents to his mom, but when he described said man she told him not to worry. That he was simply his 'Guardian Angel' and would never do him harm. But this was not an answer Arthur was satisfied with. So one day he confronted him, and that was when he learned the truth. His age was young enough that he was still easily permeable by such things as gods and fairytales, though in his curiosity he did ask for proof of what the man said. And when Odin acquiesced Arthur acknowledged that the story must be true. It made sense, in a way. Though he played with the other children, though he became their friend, he had always felt a veil between them, and had too many secrets to ever really feel like they were one and the same.

✥✥✥✥✥His mother died when he was just 11 years old. After all her struggles and hard work, after years of living with the pain and guilt of having spilled her own blood, in the end it added up to just 11 measly years of a dream, ended by a common hit-and-run. Arthur had been with her at the time. At the funeral Odin approached the boy one last time. He told him that he would gain nothing by remaining with his family in Midgard, that his surviving "father" had nothing to teach him, and the greatest glory he could hope to aspire to was running a company. He revealed that, with his blessing, Arthur could become a rich and successful CEO and then he would die. But if he left with him, he would show him the Truth of all things and teach him the ways of herohood and glory. Arthur agreed.

✥✥✥✥✥For the next three years he traveled extensively with Odin, though what he saw and what they did are topics he does not speak freely of, only that they were plethora in nature. He learned about his father and the world he came from. And the abilities which he had granted him. And that is all.

✥✥✥✥✥But somewhere along the way the two had a falling out, Odin claiming that he had nothing left to teach him in his current state. Instead he notified the messenger Hermod and before he knew it Arthur was at Pantheon Academy. His father's last words to him were that, though he had lost much in life he had never truly sacrificed anything, and without sacrifice Truth can never be obtained. So Arthur has spent the past four years showing himself to be the Golden Boy, the powerful, wise, magnanimous son of that famous leader of the Nordic pantheon whom everyone could love. He became known for his athletic and academic achievements and kind heart. The perfect face, a perfect record, he even found himself the perfect girlfriend in Tiffany van Ayk. Truly a blindingly gilded life. Though underneath that glitter are many nights spent contemplating Odin's words.

original.gif

|Gifts|
Abilities / Gifts •
Seidr.
Though an art more often practiced among women, as it was Odin's specialty he taught it to his son. Seidr is a magic focused on "discerning the fated course of events and symbolically weaving new events into being in accordance with fate’s framework." It requires a kind of meditative trance that allows the practitioner's spirit to travel throughout the Nine Worlds to gather the answers or write the history that they seek. Because Arthur hasn't taken the necessary steps to become a true practitioner there are many things and places which he cannot visit, and remains only able to perceive fate, not alter it. Actually his failure here is a source of mild frustration for him. Mostly he uses it as a form of meditation until he can strengthen his abilities, hopefully with Professor Hjelmstad's help.
Runes. Undoubtedly the most powerful gift he obtained during his time with Odin was a nominal understanding of the Runes. It is unknown what he had to do or go through to obtain this knowledge, but suffice it to say that it did not come cheaply, but as his sacrifice did not reach the scope of his father's his knowledge remains incomplete. In their purest state Runes symbolize the power of words and give a user mastery over shaping reality. From healing emotional and bodily wounds, to binding enemies and rendering their weapons worthless, to controlling the elements, to summoning spirits and becoming invisible, to manipulating the hearts of others...all of these and more are possible through this most powerful of scripts. Obviously Arthur, rife with human blood and lacking his father's complete wisdom, cannot perform these miracles in their totality. To the use the Runes he also must first write them, whether on his own body or affects or on another's, and can only activate a limited number at a time without causing severely deleterious physical, mental, or emotional stress. Mostly he focuses on healing Runes and those he has adorned to his own body and weapons to grant him additional athletic strength. He might use one or two on testing pencils, too.
Familiars. Arthur has the ability to bond with an animal familiar and make them his servant, however he has yet to find any worthy of his attachment. He also has the ability to occasionally perceive his father's familiars and servants, including the Valkyrie, and know for whom they come.
Sacrifice. (Secret) By making a sacrifice to his father beforehand Arthur can maximize the effects of any of his abilities. The greater the sacrifice, the greater the reward.

Weapon Training •
After spending so much time with Odin it is little wonder that his preferred weapon is the spear. Arthur is deadly with one and has devised all manner of creative ways to use them, rarely goes into battle without one dripping with Runes. He has practiced other weaponry but only to get a taste of them to understand how they work. When it comes down to it, spears really are the best.

Other •
He has tattoos all over his arms and legs which supposedly came from his time traveling with Odin, some of those being Runes that give him extra agility and strength (as writing them every time grew tiresome). He also has scars all along his torso.
Because he spent so much time growing up in Odin's care he's a actually a bit clueless about some aspects of modern life.

original.gif

TBA

Last edited:
PolikShadowbliss PolikShadowbliss I need a bit more time to go over Hermione okay? I need to compare notes for it......OOF that next character is replacing someone then?

Olissa Olissa Oh my. You went all out with that one huh? XD I do like it Though I have a question, She doesn't have the ability Natural Body? I would assume a child of Ishtar would have it due to Ishtar being one of the Oldest mythological Goddesses. But as i see you do not have it, Thats is also fine so accepted :P

Pretzel Heart Pretzel Heart Hmmmmm you also went all out huh? Hmmm So Odin also violated the Treaty? Oof Its okay Zeus usually does as well. (Usually showing up to help that child is considered Divine intervention.) But i do like how you incorporated Him abandoning him on the Academy's Shores. I have to Remember Asgard is more friendly allowing Mortals to be taken to Valhalla. Other then that question Accepted.

PolikShadowbliss PolikShadowbliss I need a bit more time to go over Hermione okay? I need to compare notes for it......OOF that next character is replacing someone then?

Olissa Olissa Oh my. You went all out with that one huh? XD I do like it Though I have a question, She doesn't have the ability Natural Body? I would assume a child of Ishtar would have it due to Ishtar being one of the Oldest mythological Goddesses. But as i see you do not have it, Thats is also fine so accepted :P

Pretzel Heart Pretzel Heart Hmmmmm you also went all out huh? Hmmm So Odin also violated the Treaty? Oof Its okay Zeus usually does as well. (Usually showing up to help that child is considered Divine intervention.) But i do like how you incorporated Him abandoning him on the Academy's Shores. I have to Remember Asgard is more friendly allowing Mortals to be taken to Valhalla. Other then that question Accepted.
Yeah. I scratched Hermoine out and just combined the two characters.

What do you mean by Natural Body?

What do you mean by Natural Body?
Oh i said it in OOC a while back, Usually the children of the Older goddess/gods of love have a Ability called natural body, in which their bodies are considered 'perfect' from birth , Because Ishtar is also the Goddess of War in Sumerian Myth and because of the legend of the stripping of her clothing while she travelled into the underworld, Her children gain this trait and become immune to physical Damage. (anything of magical origin will still affect those with natural body) Think of it as the world itself bends to not harm those with Natural body, Even monsters of magical origin have a hard time attempting to strike these people.

that is derived from how usually Dragons, Monster etc will refuse to harm a certain person in myths and stuff

Oh i said it in OOC a while back, Usually the children of the Older goddess/gods of love have a Ability called natural body, in which their bodies are considered 'perfect' from birth , Because Ishtar is also the Goddess of War in Sumerian Myth and because of the legend of the stripping of her clothing while she travelled into the underworld, Her children gain this trait and become immune to physical Damage. (anything of magical origin will still affect those with natural body) Think of it as the world itself bends to not harm those with Natural body, Even monsters of magical origin have a hard time attempting to strike these people.

that is derived from how usually Dragons, Monster etc will refuse to harm a certain person in myths and stuff
I am putting that with my character.

its limited to the Older goddesses/Gods So Ishtar, Astarte and Aphrodite Areia are the only ones who have the trait that can be passed down currently

Users who are viewing this thread

Back