• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic ๐‘ท๐‘จ๐‘ต๐‘ซ๐‘ถ๐‘น๐‘จโ€™๐‘บ ๐‘ฉ๐‘ถ๐‘ฟ โ€” a retrofuturism rpg

cavitea

๐๐š๐ง๐œ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ข๐ง ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ง
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

• intro

xtal

aphex twin

advent.

P
    ANDORAโ€™s BOX โ€” a cat-and-mouse rpg following the titular hackers and EXITUS HARPE, the bounty hunters hot on their trail. Set in the fictional world of Egress, we will watch our characters self-immolate, burning the world with them in search of their desires and in fear of themselves.

TAKING INSPIRATION FROM . . . retro-futurism, art nouveau, the industrial revolution, Persona 5, the French Revolution, Greek tragedies, feudal England, 90s cyberpunk, the works of Galliano, Gaultier & Simone Rocha, the Myth of Sisyphus, club kids, Sylvia Plath and other Post-Modern creatives, the American hellscape, world history, mythology, folktale, and much more.

โ€” o โ€”

2,560,231 coin. More money than any of the members of Exitus Harpe has ever seen. Two million. A number that not even the greased-palm Nobility of Pandoraโ€™s Box can comprehend. The largest bounty to ever be approved by all three law enforcement branches:

2,560,231 coin. Irony causes a mischievous twist to Pandoraโ€™s lipsโ€ฆ All that moneyโ€ฆ just for us? Little does the world at large realize that Pandoraโ€™s Box lies within the septic heart of the Empire: Lazarus Alley, the gated community for the Nobility. The hackers believe themselves to be in relative safety until BEELZEBUB, a business contact, reveals to them that someone has gotten ahold of their partial I.P. address, their partial location. How could that be? VERONA asks, looking towards DIO, who had been just as careful. JUDAES shrinks, in fear it might be their inexperience. RAMIEL knows who it is that was so sloppy, and their elated smile fades.

THE MADAME, an illustrious informant, armโ€™s dealer, and businesswoman, came to Exitus Harpe as the radio trilled with the ka-ching of Pandoraโ€™s bounty. Bring the hackers to me, she told them as an incomplete string of numbers rang across Dโ€™ARCโ€™s screen, with PERSEPHONE leaning from their desk to better see. A partial I.P., a partial address. Lazarus Alley? FANG questioned, brow perched, looking toward HUCKLEBERRY. THE MADAME simply nodded. Into the septic heart, Exitus Harpe poses as one of the many visiting Gentry for this spring mating season, hoping to discover who exactly betrayed their government, their family, their primordial crown.

Yet, there is more than just a tale of cat and mouse. It is the tale of a snake eating itself. Ultimately, both teams will be forced to contend with who they actually are in the Empireโ€™s matrix and who they want to be, if there is any choice in their role. More importantly, they will bear witness to the consequences of their actions, of their complacency, of their greed for more than just money, of their form of justice, of fate, and everything else in between. The Box has been unlatched โ€” who will be the one who opens it?

intro

roles

rules

PANDORAโ€™S BOX

veni, vidi, vici

genre

rpg, fantasy, sci-fi, horror, mystery

roles

7 open

where?

discord & tumblr

rating

18+

soundtrack

aesthetics

โ™กcoded by uxieโ™ก

yawooooooo

3a1b19e9c9e5cb8bf4bd0685b0493ba3ee0ef18c.jpg

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE INTEREST THUS FAR!

This roleplay will have further information released regarding the lore, the characters, etc. over the next week. Here's a schedule of what will be released and when:

SCHEDULE
FEBRUARY 8 โ€” information regarding the application form and other pieces of housekeeping.
FEBRUARY 10 โ€” an overview of the Hackers along with further information for each member of the team (minus RAMIEL). We are now open for applications!
FEBRUARY 11 โ€” an overview on the Empire and an overview of Central Egress, the province in which the story occurs
FEBRUARY 12 โ€” an overview of the Hunters along with further information for each member of the team.
FEBRUARY 13 โ€” an overview on Culture and Religion
FEBRUARY 14 โ€” an overview on Technology
FEBRUARY 15 โ€” The Timelines for each team
FEBRUARY 25 โ€” DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS

The DMs, @haruspex., @PRETTY HATE MACHINE., cavitea cavitea , and I are here to chat and answer any of yalls questions!
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR TAGGING ALONG!

As a lil sneak peak (pretend they aren't like in the interest check), here's the PLAYLIST and the PINTEREST.

View attachment 1063787View attachment 1063788

Last edited:

GUIDELINES & APPLICATIONS

provided below are links to an expanded set of our RULES, an expanded version of our PREMISE, and the GUIDELINES FOR APPLYING.

please note that we will not begin to accept applications until FEBRUARY 10.

please. iโ€™m on my KNEES. this looks wicked cool.

12A9D13D-66DB-4C43-AB6A-D2A0F800C8E2.jpeg

82c933ef2a35e9263f5722f753b7f280b354423d.jpg

AN UPDATE

over the course of tomorrow, this thread will be updated with the expanded information and lore dossiers of the members of PANDORA'S BOX.

in the meantime, here is the MASTERLIST and CHARACTER PINBOARD with further sneak peaks at each character!

please note that we will not begin to accept applications until FEBRUARY 10.

Last edited:

c415dbbae55c3f6d62b31b4d1ebe18d020d8a28f.jpg

VERONA

VERONA is the means for PANDORA'S BOX's hacking. They are a HALF-NIMM.

INFORMATION X LORE DOSSIER

please note that the LORE DOSSIER is a must-read but what is provided in the reading list is not.

applications are open to be DM'ed to demonology demonology from FEBRUARY 10 - FEBRUARY 25.

RULES
PREMISE
APPLY
MASTERLIST

the way the character descriptions are done is so extremely cool ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

APPLICATIONS

With all of the HACKERS being released, we can now OFFICIALLY OPEN FOR APPLICATIONS! The HUNTERS will be released on FEBRUARY 12, though tomorrow will also see the release of some lore on the EMPIRE and CENTRAL EGRESS~

APPLICATIONS CLOSE ON FEBRUARY 25 WITH TIME TBD
please submit your apps via DM to demonology demonology .
applications must be complete to be considered and they will be reviewed by the other DMs blindly to be fair to all who take the time to write for us!

APPLICATIONS WILL CLOSED ON FEBRUARY 25

Now, I can either do a brilliantly stellar JUDAES with Andrew Hozier as the muse, or I can do a savage DIO (with tones of the new Paramore album) having Lukas Sabbat as a muse. I'm listening to both playlists and seeing which one draws me closer...or maybe I can flip a coin? IDK, this whole creation is a wonder.

Now, I can either do a brilliantly stellar JUDAES with Andrew Hozier as the muse, or I can do a savage DIO (with tones of the new Paramore album) having Lukas Sabbat as a muse. I'm listening to both playlists and seeing which one draws me closer...or maybe I can flip a coin? IDK, this whole creation is a wonder.

lmao either sound lovely. I hope the playlists or a coin helps you choose <3

Last edited:
fbb79a41cb68e6c265c7a4cd400237c8435508be.jpg

here is an overview of EXITUS HARPE, the bounty hunters. Over the course of today, the dossiers for the members of the crew will be released!​

APPLICATIONS ARE OPEN UNTIL FEBRUARY 25

a4f50b0f391cb0c218b23ddc15e6e40401951d17.jpg

FANG

FANG is the de-facto leader for EXITUS HARPEโ€™s hunting. They are a VESSEL/BLESSร‰D.

INFORMATION X LORE DOSSIER

please note that the LORE DOSSIER is a must-read but what is provided in the reading list is not.

applications are open to be DM'ed to demonology demonology from FEBRUARY 10 - FEBRUARY 25.

RULES
PREMISE
APPLY
MASTERLIST

Users who are viewing this thread

Back