• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Palladium System Rifts game looking for more players

Sherwood

Luna's Concubine
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
I am running a Rifts game that is in its beginning stages that could use one or two new people to bolster the line-up of the team. I can work with people to make up characters for those that are not as up to speed in the system. Here is a link to the IC thread of the game if you wish to take a look at what has happened.

Rifts - Atlantis Adventure IC
Dice - Rifts - Atlantis Adventure OOC

I've had one player bow out due to scheduling problems, and another is not posting, so I'm down by two players from what I had expected when I started the game up.

Bumping for continued interest in getting some new players.

I've never played Rifts, what's the setting? What can a character do? This is one of the few systems I haven't really sampled so I apologize for my knowledge gap.

Thanks for the interest!

Rifts is a post-apocalyptic setting, rich with both intense magic and high technology. The basic plot is that late in the 20th century a failed experiment caused a massive global disaster, killing millions and opening up dimensional rifts into dozens of different realms, bringing back magic and creatures like dragons, vampires and demons all race back into the world. Hundreds of years pass by, and by now, there are various nations on the world - some that embrace magic (like the city of Tolkeen) and some that hate it and seek to purge the world of such 'demon powers' (like the Coalition).

Due to the trans-dimensional nature of the world, you can literally be just about any kind of person from any kind of setting, including any of the other game settings that Palladium has, including Robotech. Want to be a powerful magic user? No problem. Want to be a mecha pilot like from Mobile Suit Gundam? Easy. Baby dragon? Wonderful. A sword-wielding paladin from a fantasy setting with a magic sword? Cool.

Right now, the group is still relatively low level, and has been hired on to go to the isle of Atlantis to bring back four escaped slaves and return them to the person that has hired them for a hefty payday.

I have plenty of experience teaching players the game crunch of the system and making characters for me is very simple, so all you really need to do is to worry more about the fun parts of role playing your character.

Neat, what's the party looking like right now? I'm trying to figure out what to make. lol

The group has a Battle Mage that uses a pair of magical automations as her main weapon, a Techno Wizard that incorporates magic and technology together, and a Atlantian Undead Slayer that uses a pair of magic swords to deal out sizable amounts of damage.

I will happily give out some suggestions on what would be good to pull in, depending on what you'd like to play.

I was going to see about a vampire but it looks like the Undead Slayer might be a friction point. lol

I was toying with something magic but I might explore tech more with the current build out. I was musing over some sort of Card Mage, using playing or tarot cards for effects. If the group could use something more tanky I could work up a concept along those lines.

Also could you advise on books to acquire? I desire to add this to my library.

If you want to talk tank, go with a baby dragon. They are tough, can cast spells, regenerate quickly, and can metamorph into different forms. Awesome stuff.

As far as books go, the Core book we are using is the Rifts Ultimate Edition. It is available on PDF from various sites (I went to 4shared.com to download my own copy), or you can get a hard copy from your local gaming store or order one on line. There are literally 70-80+ books available in the Rifts world alone, not to mention the Rifts compatible books like the Hero's Unlimited (superhero gaming) series or the Robotech saga. It is called a Megaverse for a good reason.

Huh, well then, sold.

Yeah, I just hit up DriveThruRPG and got Ultimate Edition.

So I think I'll do the Baby Dragon then.

Awesome! Once you get your copy, I would suggest you look at the Royal Frilled Dragon. They are the toughest at the hatchling level, and get magic and psychic powers starting out.

Do you want me to write this up for you and send you a PM with it?

Sure, if you don't mind while I tackle this. Never get to play a dragon, so kinda excited about it.

No problem. I have some free time today, so I should have a PM to you later on this afternoon.

Is there another open spot?
I will happily welcome you to the mix. Once we get Crocodile Crocodile 's character polished up and posted, this will give us a total of five players. Do you know the Rifts system at all? If not, I can still work with you to make up a character.

Looks like your spots are filled, but I'd be interested if you lose anybody and need another player, as long as you don't mind beginners to the dice game world (happy to do research though).

Looks like your spots are filled, but I'd be interested if you lose anybody and need another player, as long as you don't mind beginners to the dice game world (happy to do research though).
Well, I haven't had any response from Ryoh about the game, so if you want, you can jump in.

You said you are a beginner. Have you any experience with Rifts specifically, or the Palladium System in general? If you have none, don't worry. I can make a character with your input and show you how to play.

=)

(That's all I have to say here. Just =) )

No experience whatsoever with either of those things, only dabbled in D&D a bit unfortunately. Any help you can offer would be great, and let me know what is good material to study. Will be slow the rest of this week cause work, but will do everything I can asap.

As I said in Post #6, Rifts is a good mix of both magic and technology, with just about anything you want to play being available to you. Right now, we have two mages in the game with Silanon and Psychie, and Crocodile is pulling in a dragon that also has the ability to cast spells (once he's learned more than the starting few that he knows). Playing another magic user would give all of you the chance to swap spells back and forth, and you won't have to worry too much about having to repair any equipment. The downside is that mages are not the heavy hitters of the game, and they are limited in how much damage they can take.

Do you have any ideas on just what you'd like to pull in?

As I said in Post #6, Rifts is a good mix of both magic and technology, with just about anything you want to play being available to you. Right now, we have two mages in the game with Silanon and Psychie, and Crocodile is pulling in a dragon that also has the ability to cast spells (once he's learned more than the starting few that he knows). Playing another magic user would give all of you the chance to swap spells back and forth, and you won't have to worry too much about having to repair any equipment. The downside is that mages are not the heavy hitters of the game, and they are limited in how much damage they can take.

Do you have any ideas on just what you'd like to pull in?
I'd be happy to play whatever type of character would be most helpful, I'm not set on anything at the moment. If you or the group has a preference let me know, otherwise I'll do some looking and brainstorming and get back to you.

I'd be happy to play whatever type of character would be most helpful, I'm not set on anything at the moment. If you or the group has a preference let me know, otherwise I'll do some looking and brainstorming and get back to you.
Hmmm. How about a magical Cyborg? Its actual name is the Anti-Monster, and they have some great benefits, including being able to self regenerate your damage. Here is a picture of what they look like:

crustacean.jpg

They are capable of tearing apart a modern tank with their bare hands, and are generally known as a force for good as vampire hunters.

Looks great! Thanks so much for working with me on this. Let me know what you want me to do for character creation and game learning..I'm not in a position to go exploring on my own until this weekend, I'm having to steal moments here and there just to reply, so that's why I dont have anything to show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back