• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

ScatheAriiasqDrayceon

Just cause I read worse don't mean it ain't cursed
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
"It is here, today," the man drawled, pacing in front of the table where the vigilantes had gathered. "That we have brought those we previously thought unfindable to the light." He snorted. "Or, at least, out of the abyss—"

There was a scoff from the side as a woman strode forward, clad entirely in white. Her red hair hung down to her back, braided tightly. "Please, Farian. We don't know the identities of most of the people here. Look. We called you here because you're the best of the best. The ratio between property-damage and people detained is low; very low. You're good. But this does not excuse vigilantism, nor the small debt in property damage you have caused. However, we have a... deal, an ultimatum, if you will. All you have to do... is sign this." The woman slid several stacks of paper over to the occupants of the table, each packet at least a centimeter thick.

One of said occupants looked up, purple-tinted eye-lenses flashing in the dim light. "And if we don't?"

The woman's smile was more than unsettling. "Read the packet."

A moment of pause.

The occupant looked back up, tilting their head. "I doubt you can track us down."

"Do you? And are these clauses really so bad? You will be fed, housed, paid, and you don't even have to take off your mask."

The purple-visored individual tilted their head, clicking in the back of their throat. "I don't appreciate being recorded."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are a vigilante. Plain and simple. You've never been caught... until now, at least. Well... kind of. More like someone baited you onto a ship. And now, you're here. And you're signing this piece of paper.

This is going to be a ride.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So! This is going to be a slice-of-life-ish rp focused around these vigilantes that are the first generation of heroes. They are given a monthly paycheck, housing at one of the tallest skyscrapers in the city. They don't even have to take off their masks. The only catches? Trackers must be installed in their suits, along with cameras, and they must take any case the government gives them. Other than that, they are free to so as they wish (so long as it's within the law), and they have access to police records.

There will be some action, but it's primarily going to be these morons trying to get along as a team and a makeshift family.

Also; you may have powers, however, they must have HEAVY drawbacks, enough to make them obsolete or hard to use in combat. Theoretically, a trained human should be able to take them down.

You may have technology, but it must stay along the lines of ours, maybe a fifty years in the future, at most.

You may have both, but keep it balanced.

So—

Who will join me in this endeavor?

‣Do NOT join if you are going to leave a week in! This is going to drag on LONG.

‣ This roleplay with NOT be first come first serve, everyone must apply in order to be accepted into the roleplay.

‣ Face-claims or art are not required, but if you do not have them, be prepared to describe your character in detail.

‣ I currently have no limit on characters, HOWEVER, you must make sure to be able to play them.

‣ I will allow characters only if they're over the age of 13 (mentally and physically); no tiny children, please.

‣If you read these, please hide "vigilante" in your interest post, somewhere.

‣ If your character is accepted you will receive a PM from me which will invite you to the discord server of this roleplay (Only for OOC).

‣You can play heroes or villains; either are fine, but I do prefer you have a hero character... that's not to say it doesn't lower your chances, only that villains will not be a really main point in the story, unless they're part of the characters' every day life.

‣ Character deaths are allowed, just consult with me first so I can write it into the plot.

‣ This is an ADVANCED roleplay and needs to be treated as such. I'm expecting at least two paragraphs per in-character response.

‣Similarly, do not use this roleplay to shitpost and make a crackfic. I hope this can be handled with the slightest sense of maturity, at the very least, though that doesn't mean you have to make characters with cardboard for personality.

‣I will put of a character sheet thread once I have at least 3 people interested (including me).

Character sheets: Futuristic - Pain is temporary characters

Last edited:
I'm making a vigilante and I have a few questions about the character sheets and lore and such, if that's alright.

What does "callsign(s)" refer to? How common are superpowers in this setting? Is there such thing as legal heroes or are all superheroes vigilantes?

Also, I have an idea for my character's backstory, but it might require that I make a minor organization that won't pop up in the rp (unless you wanted it to, I guess). Could I run it by you in PMs to see if there's anything I should change, or if I should just tweak the backstory to not include it, etc

I'm making a vigilante and I have a few questions about the character sheets and lore and such, if that's alright.

What does "callsign(s)" refer to? How common are superpowers in this setting? Is there such thing as legal heroes or are all superheroes vigilantes?

Also, I have an idea for my character's backstory, but it might require that I make a minor organization that won't pop up in the rp (unless you wanted it to, I guess). Could I run it by you in PMs to see if there's anything I should change, or if I should just tweak the backstory to not include it, etc

Powers are RARE. Very rare. Most of the populous currently doesn't know they exist.

Call signs refer to hero names or the like. What do people call your character in-suit?

Go ahead! I love new factions

No legal heroes as of the moment; our morons are the first of a generation

just thought I would toss out there that I am still interested in this, but i spent a couple days poking at a character and just now while nearly done decided to yeet it, so ill be a lil bit lel

Random mental note for myself:

The tower most definitely has Roombas for each floor.

Since it's one of the tallest skyscrapers on that side of America, it has close to a thousand floors.

That's one thousand roombas.

One thousand roombas that will probably end up with knives taped to them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back