• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

oWoD (World of Darkness) Roleplay 2-4 Writers

ShalRavenne

The Crimson Lioness
So I've seen a lot of VTM roleplays being set up but not much else in the World of Darkness communities. Forewarning, this will be a mature themed roleplay. Also would like to have people that post more than a short 3 line paragraph if situation can be avoided. I want to have a story not a piecemeal.

What I'm proposing is that we start off as humans (we are not Hunters) in this world set around Toronto, ON. So think of a normal person (tho I think we may start off with 15 extra experience points to flush out characters so it isn't so unbalanced when the crazy starts to happen) and that will be who you are aiming for in character creation.

FYI we may not all STAY human, but don't build a character with a very specific race in mind. Kind of ruins the adventure. ;)

I don't plan on staying in a normal world, I plan on it going to the darkness not too far in, so make sure to have at least a little fighting ability but if you wish to focus on Social or Mental skills go for it and have fun!

I can help in character creation, many of the books can be found as PDF files as well if you don't have the books at home. Most of it is pretty simple to start. Once in the actual roleplay itself I will have a character but I'll also be acting as a GM and using my character to help guide the story in certain ways for plot.

Anyone interested, have questions, opinions?

Last edited:
Excellent. I will wait to see if there are any others that may be interested then will start laying out character creation and such.

Do either of you have experience in WoD?

I have no experience in world of darkness but in other tabletop games

And yeah may I ask why you wanna do it in owod? Just curious

Last edited:
i played VTM a while back and im actually really interested in the rest of the WoD stuff! i've been meaning to read the books anyways so this may be the perfect chance for me :^P

anyways, i'm interested if you'll have me~ <3

I like the story feel of oWoD, the dark gritty 80s feel over the nWoD fluff. I do like the mechanics of nWoD though over old. I welcome any who wants to join. I won't be mechanic heavy with rolling for everything, rp will still be a main thing. If anyone is opposed to light character controlling please state so now in the beginning (I don't mean major control, but small flavors like controlling someone for a fist bump, shoving someone out of the way to protect them, etc. I know people have different preferences for control)

Experience is not really all that necessary, I just need to know for how I lead the story etc.

Lets start with character concepts. Who (in the modern type world so no super powerful warlock, etc.) do you want to be. For example I had one character that was a shady P.I, and another that was a practicing Wiccan who taught archery classes and was a leather crafting props maker for cosplayers. Be who you want to explore and have fun with.

Do people want to get fillable PDF files for character sheets or just manually create one?

Fillable pdfs sounds the easiest to manage

And for a character I am thinking either a former air force pilot just now out of the military who does volunteer work

Or a new doctor that is really hung up and stubborn on proving herself with this job

And yeah I'm fine with light character controlling

I like the story feel of oWoD, the dark gritty 80s feel over the nWoD fluff. I do like the mechanics of nWoD though over old. I welcome any who wants to join. I won't be mechanic heavy with rolling for everything, rp will still be a main thing. If anyone is opposed to light character controlling please state so now in the beginning (I don't mean major control, but small flavors like controlling someone for a fist bump, shoving someone out of the way to protect them, etc. I know people have different preferences for control)

Experience is not really all that necessary, I just need to know for how I lead the story etc.

Lets start with character concepts. Who (in the modern type world so no super powerful warlock, etc.) do you want to be. For example I had one character that was a shady P.I, and another that was a practicing Wiccan who taught archery classes and was a leather crafting props maker for cosplayers. Be who you want to explore and have fun with.

Do people want to get fillable PDF files for character sheets or just manually create one?
totally cool with light character control, i'm pretty much fine with whatever ^^

and fillable pdfs are 10/10.

I want to play a scholar of Medievel history. One who goes out to enjoy LARPs and reenactments of historic battles.
He studied, and now teaches, at University of Toronto.

Good concepts for sure, fun and interesting with lots of ways to flush out. Now for form fillable I like MrGone's, https://mrgone.rocksolidshells.com/pdf/NWOD/CofD_2-Page_Interactive.pdf Chronicles of Darkness sheets fit the best for what we want and then if needed can transfer to different style if something changes. The instructions on how to fill in dots are there on the bottom of the first page. As for the Experience points I'll be giving out I'll explain after you have a base character. If you have a question as to what something means either PM me or post it here.

Just fyi, I may be a bit sporadic for a few days as I'm trying to cope with my best friend and the love of my life ending our relationship and we remaining best friends. Its proving hard for me to focus. I will start being more coherent and mentally able soon I promise.

Yes, I just meant that if those that don't know from the human side of WoD I would explain how they work. If you know the different amounts for each dot then go for it.

Is this still open? Are you still seeking players? If so I have experience with nWoD and literally everything else from the old games but the WoD core book.

Is anyone done creating their characters and would like to IM me for review before we get started please? I want to see people's characters so I can fit the story to something that won't be totally out of place

Grogimus, I may be able to fit you in though for a WoD game it is getting a bit big. However, I've not heard back from those previously interested about characters created and whatnot so I am unsure as to how interested in this anyone really was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back