• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Overlord style RP

Skylord Nexus

Dabbler in the Dark Arts
Ok, first off, when I say Overlord I mean the Anime, so hopefully that should clear up any possible mixups.

So I'm a really big fan of Overlord, I'd even go as far as to say it's my current all-time favourite anime, and I've had an itch to do a roleplay in the same style as it. My idea for how this works is that both of our characters would be in some way outcasts in this fantasy world, an example of this would be a half breed or an illegitimate child etc. And for various reasons they end up in jail together where they team up to escape, and from there they flee the kingdom they're currently in and eventually grow in strength and start taking over the world! That may also show you that I have no in-depth plan for the overall storyline apart from the whole taking over the world bit, so I'd also like someone who's up for plotting with me, as well as worldbuilding.

When it comes to rules, I don't really have many. My main one would be for you to be 18+, apologies if you're under 18 and interested. Secondly, when it comes to length, I'd like 2 or more paragraphs, but as long as you keep a reasonably consistent quality then I don't really mind, just no oneliners. Thirdly, please be literate. Last rule, don't be an ass. If you have criticisms about my writing then please, by all means, tell me, but if you're going to be a jerk about it then I will just stop RPing with you and ignore you.

Lastly, when it comes to ghosting, I really don't mind if you ghost me, while I'd prefer for you to tell me you no longer what to RP I won't harbour any ill will against you if you do. On a similar note, if for whatever reason you're unable to reply for a large amount of time, then I'd prefer for you to tell me in advance, but I'll again harbour no ill will if you don't.

If you're interested, or just have any questions then please feel free to PM me!

Thanks for taking the time to read this!

Last edited:
I'd like to try a overlord style Rp if there's a crowd for it. A group rp mind you
The magic tiers and martial arts would need to be scaled accordingly and No one should be on Nasaricks level of anything skill or stat wise but a party of adventures maybe some with talents questing in that world is a decent idea.

Plot isn't to hard as raiding tombs, killing monsters, fighting bandits and participating in the affairs of nobles an such is easy to free form. Could have each player voice a main villian for each arc.

I'd like to try a overlord style Rp if there's a crowd for it. A group rp mind you
The magic tiers and martial arts would need to be scaled accordingly and No one should be on Nasaricks level of anything skill or stat wise but a party of adventures maybe some with talents questing in that world is a decent idea.

Plot isn't to hard as raiding tombs, killing monsters, fighting bandits and participating in the affairs of nobles an such is easy to free form. Could have each player voice a main villian for each arc.
Thank you for your interest, that's a very fun sounding plot idea, unfortunately, I'm not really into group RP's, especially when I'm in charge of one XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back