• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Overlord: Enigma (IC)

Characters
Here
fbf790ee0c793a7d533c7c03d35a579f.jpg

Fritz attentively listened to Penny, agreeing with the many assessments she made. While his journey with Penny wasn't the most thrilling experience, they certainly learned more necessary information about this world that would help them in the future. He then turned his gaze over to Eschaton, who mentioned a rather long report. The demon let out a soft sigh, knowing that he'd have to read every word of it. "Looks like I'll be stuck reading reports for a bit." Fritz remarked, chowing down on the last of his food.

The news Adelheid brought up was rather concerning to Fritz. An entity lashing out on a village like that could prove a problem for them. If that entity was willing to brutally wipe out a village, there was no telling what aggressions could be launched against the guild. "Thank you for bringing that to my attention Adelheid. I think it would be best that we all be on our guard, something that could cause that destruction could be a threat." Fritz said, turning to place his gaze on the new arrival.

"Tetra! Always glad to see you. Please have a seat, we are simply having a discussion while eating your amazing dishes. We'll get you up to speed so you aren't left in the dark from our excursions yesterday." Fritz said, unable to hide a smile from the shenanigans that Tetra was doing with the fish. He cleared his throat, turning his attention back to the conversation at hand. It seemed that Zagreus had the most eventful day out of all of them. Fighting bandits and gathering intel sounded much more exciting than the dungeon that he went through. "Intel is what we need, we will have to pursue more information from their lands. Getting your hands on a map of the region could prove useful to see what kingdoms surround us." Fritz said to Eschaton and Zagreus. Gathering all the intel they could makes the decision-making process easier.

Interactions: Britt-21 Britt-21 Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread TreasureSniper TreasureSniper Pyosimros Pyosimros StealthyShades StealthyShades Garbage Pail Kid Garbage Pail Kid

Last edited:
1668954531451.png
Interaction: Britt-21 Britt-21 Slav Slav Mentions: Garbage Pail Kid Garbage Pail Kid StealthyShades StealthyShades Pyosimros Pyosimros
Hearing Tempesta doubt his identity for one reason or another prompted an immediate reply from the cursed knight. "During my short expedition with him, Zagreus has proven himself to be a reliable ally. I don't why I wouldn't trust him with an important task. Besides, I am under no illusion that everyone is willing to read my reports. His method of explanation will be much more digestible for the majority of the guild." The knight gave a surprisingly nuanced explanation as to why he was willing to let Zagreus explain the situation. After listening to Zagreus' debrief, he felt that hypothesis of the matter was correct. While not as detailed, Zagreus was good at relaying only the most important and interesting details during the debriefing.

Next was the debrief given by Adelheid. Although he felt that she might have omitted some important details, it was nonetheless insightful for the cursed knight. Even if the responsible party might not be as strong as the members of the guild, the possibility of another player being in the same world with them was an interesting thought. Though in terms of how they would handle it, he would let Lord Fritz decide how they should be handled.

And then appeared one of the rarer members of the guild, Tetra Sutra Gaul. He seemed confident that the guild was able to handle whatever foreign enemies they had to fight. As always, he also seemed super enthusiastic about raising the dead, as a necromancer should be. He claimed that his power to raise the dead had become exponentially stronger here, something Eschaton was happy to hear. As that would mean he would probably be able to raise dead players as well...which would mean..

Eschaton suddenly inspected the runes on his left gauntlet, which were pulsating in a steady rhythm that resembled a heartbeat, indicating that there was some neural activity in the magical sarcophagus that incasing their old fallen friend.
"Lord Fritz. I apologize for interrupting you in advance. But I have an important announcement to make. It seems like neural activity has been detected from Egaloth's sarcophagus... While I can't say it is conclusive evidence that our friend has returned...I believe that it is worth investigating nonetheless....Please allow me to carry out this selfish request..." Eschaton spoke with slight stutter, clearly deeply concerned and affected by this discovery. He was practically begging Fritz to allow him to go through with this. "I will take full responsibility for whatever happens and ...put him down personally....permanently if needed.." Deep inside, he wanted his old friend to still be there somewhere deep within, but he knew that if he wasn't he needed to be ready to deal with the consequences. Despite how aloof he acted, more nuanced members are able to see how much Eschaton cared for the guild in general but also its members. Eschaton knelt down like a proper knight in front of Fritz, silently awaiting a verdict on the decision.

Tempesta.png
1669245497610.png

The woman ate her bacon quietly, enjoying the party in her mouth. Both Eschaton and Zag had responded to her about the knight, though she found herself not responding and merely just using her ears for the time being. Though, those same ears picked up another voice which had been surrounding the whole room. Is that who I believe that to be? she thought before the man himself came in. Tetra you too? Who the hell else is out there we dont know about? her eyebrows furrowed a bit before she took a sip of her drink. Then...The fish started to flop about, making the woman sigh before placing her glass back down. It was never a boring day with this guild. No wonder they were allowed in when this was first a game.( Garbage Pail Kid Garbage Pail Kid ) Fritz was glad to see him just as much as the next person. "Fritz if I may." she turned her head slightly and whispered into the air, Vladimir suddenly appearing before her with a tube in his hands "Thank you Vlad. Go ahead, I know the sun is too much for you." and just as fast as he arrived, he was gone. ( Slav Slav )

Eschaton had spoken up about Egaloth's detained unit. If there's activity, Knight, then there's something going on. Whether that be Ega himself, or someone else is there. "I believe it would be best if you check that right away. It could either mean he's back or someone else is down there." turning her attention, the vampire looked over at Fritz "I'll give you this to you when you return. Its a map that Empy and I had found back on our mission yesterday. Hopefully it can prove useful. I, however, am going to finish my breakfast and be useful during the day." she then took another bite of her food.​

Penny

Penny, or rather Airi, wasn't much of a drinker. Half a can of regular beer would be enough to turns her face red. As the guild's meeting continue with the other's revelations, the arrival of Gaul and the signal from Egaloth's coffin, Penny had been quietly listening while sipping her second glass of wine. She didn't feel anything. No buzzing in her head, no heating up in her throat. Nothing.

"More." Penny handed her empty glass towards the maid behind her, the maid dilligently poured her another one. This time Penny just gulped the entire stuff at once. Still nothing. Seemed like her poison resistance also prevents intoxication, rationally it's a good thing but she would lie if she said she wouldn't miss just wasting herself and forget all kind of problems she had. The next thing she would said sure gave her headache.

"There's another thing I want to share." Tapping on her tome of projection, an image of various numbers and charts floats above the players.

"This is our current financial report put together by Don Pengu. Ignore everything else for now and just look at this one over here." Circling a particular part, Penny brough the attention to one part of the report.

"We have ZERO income." Penny dreadfully stated the conclusion. Not only the mobs in this world didn't drop gold like the one in the game, but the guild was also disconnected from its external gold farms. When she first became aware of this she was horrified, it's like seeing a multi-million company with no profit.

"Mathematically, we should be able to last centuries with our current expense and amount of gold. But I've seen wealthy people fell into poverty because they underestimate their abilities to burn their money. So, my proposal, let me use 20% of the guild's treasury to establish gold farms for us in this world. Establishing business can also be a good pretext to forms relationship and gathers more intel with the nations." While her proposal was mostly directed at Fritz as the leader, it's something that practically uses everyone's accumulated assets in the vault so she wanted to for all to hear it.

Slav Slav Britt-21 Britt-21 StealthyShades StealthyShades TreasureSniper TreasureSniper Pyosimros Pyosimros Garbage Pail Kid Garbage Pail Kid

SORC
ADELHEID
As Adelheid finished speaking, a familiar voice bellowed from the entrance of the dining hall. "Ah, Tetra! It's nice to see you here," Adelheid smiled. She had assumed the previous group consisting of her and her guildmates had been the only ones transported to this new world, yet the sudden appearance of Tetra seems to imply there were still more non-NPC individuals to come.

Though as she gave her ally a cordial greeting, the niceties Adelheid was willing to give seemed to wane as Tetra began to perform some of his...mischief. With a simple motion, Penny's already disgusting half-eaten fish seemingly came to life, gyrating and jerking wildly as if it were looking for water.

“Wait can you do that to Adelheid’s personality?”

"Shush!" and already unnerved Adelheid interjected, lightly slamming a fist on the table. As if the childish antics weren't enough, he had to pester her once more. Though before she could banter back, Eschaton brought up a more pressing subject: the potential return of Egaloth.

Adelheid let out a short huff, finding a brief moment of reprieve to calm herself as she partially sank into her chair. "So if Egaloth does come back, Eschaton can take care of him," Adelheid echoed. However, not only is this a problem that has to be dealt with, there was also another in the form of funds—something Adelheid wasn't particularly well-versed in how to solve. She wasn't much of an economist in the real world, or much of anything in general.

cb340ac8ce7d34df5a8e925d403c1ba8.jpg
'brrrr-ING!'

Stupid alarm..

His eyelids were heavy, along with every muscle in his body. The feeling protected his sleep like a weighted blanket. Chapped lips hung agape, until something metallic hit the man's tongue. Did I bite my cheek in my sleep again? Black brows knitted together in confusion, forcing the vessel to open his eyes.

A lifeless gaze met his. Eyes devoid of life, yet still holding the remnant of the kind of terror that never leaves the physical body. Suddenly what mirrored the comfort of a weighted blanket immediately shifted into being trapped under hundreds of bodies. Eerie groans of the dead immediately surrounded him, replacing his familiar alarm. The smell of rotting flesh invading his senses, sinking into his pores. The more he saw, the more he wished he were asleep again. Disembodied arms, legs, torsos, and rivers of blood were all that greeted him. The man had never closed his mouth so quickly, red eyes widening in confusion, terror.

Flashes of what had to be memories hit him like punches to the jaw. Red visions of fire, the sounds of pleas, the feeling of teeth sinking into flesh... Coupled with the pressure of decomposing skin sliding against his own.

Bile began to build up in his throat, the acid leaving a dreadful taste to pair with the metallic blood that coated his tongue. The brunette's heavy lungs expanded to let out a scream, but all that came out was silence. A pressure immediately surrounded his throat, as if someone or something wrapped its hands around it and squeezed.

The feeling never stopped, scarlet eyes becoming bloodshot and appearing bulged due to the supernatural strength of the chokehold. The hold was so strong, in fact, that the man nearly missed the fact that his body had been swiftly thrown out of the pile of bodies and into the air. It didn't matter to him now, but the bodies beneath him dissipated. Nor did he notice that there was nothing visible to show that he was being choked. The only telltale sign was the indents in his pale skin, bruises beginning to bloom.

Am I dying? Please, let me die-

His thoughts were interrupted by the voice of something inhuman. Several voices speaking as one in a cold, unwelcoming whisper. "Begging for mercy.. Pathetic." The grip that was so close to crushing the man's esophagus suddenly released, making him plummet straight to the ground, face first. A raspy gasp came out first, then a series of bloody coughs that painted the pristine, white void he was now laying on. Shaky hands lifted his blood-covered body off of the ground, but it wasn't fast enough for the whispering entity.

"On your FEET!" It felt as if the wind yanked him off of the floor and stood him up like a ragdoll, the group of voices bellowed so loudly that he felt the sound echo in his chest. Is this some kind of sick nightmare? Red eyes looked around once his feet were firmly planted, knees feeling like they were going to give out any second. What surrounded him now was nothing but a vast expanse of.... nothing. Simply white. No sign of exit, entry, or life. It looked as if he stood alone in the void, but he felt the immensely powerful prescience that seemed to have a strong disdain for the man standing before it.

b4ec54e96fcff9d30a67a492ee4cc60e.jpg
"Egaloth.."
The demonic name was hissed in such a manner that made his skin raise, "Your cursed violence ends." as the entity spoke, each voice bounced from ear to ear. Egaloth had so many questions, but the burning pain in his throat didn't allow him the privilege of questioning. All he remembered now was his name, thanks to this... thing.

"We are your purpose. We are your salvation." the deep, strained whispers continued, wind beginning to lift his black, matted hair. "We rid you of your voice, and bestow you a FRACTION of our life force. When we call, you will heed our orders..."

The sound of fire and screams boomed in his head, feeling more like a memory than a hallucination, "We will meet again.."

--

With no clear answer, Egaloth's eyes shot open, his mouth letting out a eerie gasp that felt like nails were scraping his throat from the inside. Without thinking, he sat up, slamming his forehead directly on the top of the specially-made sarcophagus. Another pained, rasping groan. Dark eyes were closed tightly in frustration, tears pooling over and forcing him to hastily wipe them away before anyone saw.

How embarrassing.. He thought to himself, before pushing against the lid above him. Surprisingly, with merely a little effort, the resistant cover eventually cracked, allowing him to kick and punch until it shattered all over his already heavy body.

Great.

Well, if anyone were on guard, they would certainly hear the sound of stone being crushed into pieces, and if they listened closely, the sound of ragged breathing. Did they really take my voice? He thought to himself.

What did I do?

The room he had been trapped in was bolstered with runes. Egaloth didn't have any kind of knowledge on any of this. Complex magic was way above his paygrade. He knew that even without his memory in tact. A look of pure confusion eventually met the gaze of what looked to be.. robots? A whole team of them. They looked like..

Eschaton.

The familiar feeling of dread sunk to the very pit of his stomach. His guildmates. They trapped him. Obviously, for good reason. The defensive stance of the golems immediately brought Egaloth back to reality, causing him to straighten his posture and throw his hands above his head. Red eyes were wide, face pale as he braced for some kind of impact. Maybe that weird entity that saved him had a reason for speaking to him with such disgust, after all...

Empyrean
1670307023493.png A new day dawns and Empyrean woke with new questions to replace the old ones he solved yesterday. "Does time work the same here as it did in the old world?" He sat in his bed, positioned atop a hill in The Garden. The feeling of wind against his bare chest and warm hair upon his shoulders and back were a physical reminder that this was real and not some dream that he happened to slip into. With a heavy sigh he watched several species of monsters run around the vast fields. This was to be his new normal, he was certain of that now. "To the day then." His golden wings appeared upon his back and the angel levitated from his blankets to take flight. He soared across the garden, flying just over the monsters that ran wild and free, then circled back around to the entrance of his lab. There he found his wardrobe. "Forced to dress myself? We'll have to fix that in the near future." He said with a hint of disgust.

Draped in a black garb and his usual gold accents, Empyrean flew from the garden at a leisurely pace. He was certain that the others were either taking as long as he was or they were swapping tales of yesterday's excursions. That was the logical decision. And as he rounded the corner into the hall he heard mention of Egaloth's awakening. "Ega is a cautionary tale to us all as we adapt to our new bodies and begin to understand our limits. He should be restrained, not killed." His low voice would have filled Eschaton's ears if the suit of armor had any. But his gloved hand slid of the shoulders of the faithful knight as he floated by.

"Good morning everyone." Empyrean greeted as he moved to one of the empty seat and slowly descended into it. "I agree with Penny as well. Money is a universal language and it can be a great tool. I would like to propose infiltrating institutions of learning. Libraries, prestigious academies, and other such facilities are often troves of knowledge and can teach us more about this world than any short-lived specimen might be able to." He spent a brief second looking over the many options on the table and sighed when nothing really piqued his interest.

Slav Slav leviohsa leviohsa leviohsa leviohsa TreasureSniper TreasureSniper Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread

WAKIE WAKIE SLEEPY HEAD
Zagreus Kayn
With everyone focused on the economic and political building of the guild in this new world, Zagreus was focused on something way more important: why was one of his fingernails longer than the other? Like Is it truly the length of his nails or was it just because his middle finger was bigger than his ring finger? “Master, we hunger.” His demons echoed in his head. It wasn’t like they haven’t had enough blood yesterday. He rolled his eyes at the begging that was before him. They kind of were doing the same thing that Eschaton was doing to Frits, but one was wanting approval; the others were begging for a substance to survive. “Fine.. fine.. just shut the fuck up. Give me a second” Zag snapped his fingers and one of the maids came to him. He asked for a Bloody Mary, but instead of tomato juice, he wanted human blood. Within a minute or two the maid came back with a tall glass full of the concoction that he requested. “Thank you, my dear.”

After finishing his morning cocktail and the rest of the dragon heart that he saved for later, the demon was feeling it was about time to go into a food coma until something interesting came up. Before he could begin to rest his eyes, he heard Adelheid say to the group "So if Egaloth does come back, Eschaton can take care of him.” Hold on hold on that a bitch is still alive. I thought Dr. Frankenstein (Empyrean) was using his corpse for one of his experiments. In his confusion, Zag called for Creo to be at his side. He grabbed her face and pulled her to his level. “So what was everyone talking about?” he whispered. He was too busy enjoying his food to listen to the details. She explains the situation about how there’s an activity in the coffin that his fellow demon was placing it. She also emphasizes that the guild was afraid if Egaloth would be in control of his body, or if his demon was still. If worst came to worst, they were going to kill Egaloth again. “yeah, Buckethe..” she was interrupted by Zagreus, pulling her in so she stared deeply into his eyes. They glowed a hot crimson red. He leers at her. “ Don’t. You. Ever. Disrespect. One of the creators. I thought I made you better.” He released her from his clutches and said, “thank you for the recap, please relay this info to your sister. I will meet with Umbra soon.”

(Creo pov)
When Creo leaves the dining hall, she saw horses store, and Iris walking towards her. Umbrella stares at her sister, seeing that hotel, what is a mess, and that she had a claw-like mock across her face. “Creo what happened to you?“ Cruse's face of embarrassment quickly changes to one of complete excitement. “It was master. He corrected me after I disrespected one of the other creators. It was so invigorating. The way he was so aggressive made me…” “No, no, no stop right there.“ Umbra cut off her sister's explanation. Iris stood there, puzzled at what was just explained to her. “Aggressive?“ “she doesn’t even know that and you need to get a hold of yourself.”

(Back to Zagreus)
As she left, The demon decided he wanted to be the first to see a go before anyone else. If a demon is going to be killed the day, it’s going to be by another demon. Not by some self-righteous knight. This world isn’t a fairytale. In the only way, he knew how Zag loudly left the room. “Well I don't know about you, but I’m going to greet our friend as he comes back from the dead.” The door slammed shut behind him, and he rushed to where his Eggo was being contained.

When Zag arrived at the room, he noticed that Eschaton did not lack the amount of security he had around this sarcophagus. There were enough of his soldiers there to defend a small city. He walked up to the head of the Wisdom. “Suwu, My man, “ he said, with a goofy smile on his face. “I'm gonna need you to open up that cage holding my pal, apparently we got some brain wave activity in there and I wanna make sure it’s Eggo and not a demon” soldier, bowed and respect, and said ”As your wish Lord Zagreus” Wow, so formal. I got to admit Eschaton you do know how to make an NPC. Find a shit talk everyone. Which makes sense but that’s my job. In unison, The Wisdom began to chant a magical spell. The eyes underneath their helmets began to glow an icy blue. The Sarcophagus began to shake and rattle from the power of the magic. Once the spell was finished, the chains fell to the ground. Zagreus walked up and freed his buddy. “Wakie Wakie Eggs and Bacie.” He said as he slapped Egaloth across the face.
Code By Nano

Last edited:
generatedtext.png

b0dd307262c5eb1eaebfb28e5fc7613b.jpg

There was nothing more entertaining to him than a little prank here and there; the dissonance between the severity of these tricks was quite severe. He believed variety was the spice of life, and death. "Why thank you Fritz~ I do my best work when it's worthwhile." He said with a lofty and jovial tone. "You've all been certainly busy, and I am excited to hear all about it" He said, sticking his tongue out at Adelheid as she looked exasperated at his antics "I could make it sing for you if that helps, A big mouth billy perhaps?" He asked with a chuckle as he relaxed in his chair as everyone started to talk shop. He wasn't the most tactical or analytical of the bunch, and was absolutely abysmal at min-maxxing. He was glad that at the very least, he wasn't facing this circumstance alone.

"
Eschaton, dearest, I would actually love to read that report of yours if you don't mind. I have read every book in this stuffy home of ours and would love some more reading material. I for one am very excited to see how Egaloth wakes up and it will be interesting to see if I can rez a demon of his caliber; perhaps with a binding spell to boot?" He said, lacing his fingers together and resting his chin on them as he listened. The vampress surprised by his entrance, and it was an occasion indeed. He had always been reclusive, and even more so when the clock continued to turn in this new world of theirs. He still had alot to figure out, and didn't want to do it alone.

Tetra's eyes lighting up the moment their ang(h)ellic Empyrean entered the room. "Hello Empry~ my winged muse" He said, mocking discontent with a pouted lip as Empyrean didn't seem pleased with the spread "Nothing that strikes your taste buds mon amour? Perhaps you haven't found the right dish?" He asked, brushing his locks of raven black hair off his shoulder and stretched out in his chair with a seductive stance. Purple smoke rolling out from underneath his robe's cuffs and materialized a ghostly visage of
Empyrean, giving it a gentile kiss.

Mephisto.Pheles.full.1296532.jpg

Fritz stroked his chin, mulling over Penny's economic proposal. It was true that they had no income, they just landed in this world. That meant they couldn't collect from their usual streams of revenue, so finding new ones would be vital. "Great assessment Penny. I would have no problem granting you the funds to begin to generate revenue. I'd also want us to begin to exploit what natural resources we have around us to have multiple revenue streams. Look into that for me as you begin the process." The demon said, putting the last of his food in his mouth. He used a napkin to wipe the crumbs off his mouth, turning to Eschaton as he had presented a rather surprising request. "I trust your judgement so you may do as you please." Fritz sat back in his chair, the news putting his mind in a swirl.

If it is true that Egaloth has come back, the true Egaloth, then it'd be best to at least try. Before Fritz could even rise from his seat, Zagreus had bolted off. "So impatient these days." Fritz mumbled to himself, slowly rising from his chair. "I will be down in the dungeon if you need me. He said to the group, walking to Eschaton and stopping. "Let's go see if our friend is truly our friend." Fritz remarked, proceeding out the doors of the hall.

Why did these events have to happen so suddenly? He never had a moments rest, always having to deal with some issues that are mucking about the guild. That came with being a guild leader, the job being more tiring than he would like. He had high hopes that Zagreus could conduct himself in the proper manner until they arrived. The last thing he wanted him to do was to make a hasty decision. The hallways that led to the dungeon always had an air of unfamiliarity to them. He hadn't travelled the halls often as it wasn't his area of expertise to take care of this department. The long shadows the lights created always gave him the creeps, even though he knew nothing would harm him in these halls. His eyes widened as he reached the room, facepalming as he saw Zagreus letting Egaloth out of the chains. "You couldn't wait for us before you went and unchained him?" He walked further into the room to get a better look at Egaloth. He was hoping that his friend was finally back.

Interactions: Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread TreasureSniper TreasureSniper StealthyShades StealthyShades
Mentioned: Everybody present at the table

Interaction: Slav Slav Garbage Pail Kid Garbage Pail Kid
It was a rare thing, to hear that someone aside for Fritz was willing to read his verbose and detailed reports, but nonetheless, he welcomed it, especially since it was from the harder-to-meet members, Gaul. "As you wish, Gaul. I'll have one of my knights send you a copy of the report." He replied to the necromancer chef before returning his attention back to the matter at hand. He was absolutely happy to hear that the great Lord Fritz gave him permission to carry out what needed to be done, giving him full authority over how to approach this. And now, the responsibility fell on him to either get his friend back or put him out of his misery.

He didn't mind that Zagreus went down first. Despite what many of his other guildmates think, he believed that Zagreus wasn't as dangerous as they thought he was. In fact, he thought he could be quite predictable at times. But more than anything else, he always had at least one shadow knight on him, so even if he tried to do anything too damaging, his knights would restrain him, or at least give him a warning about what would happen next.

Without further hesitation, Eschaton summoned the scythe-like form of his blade and slammed its hilt onto the ground, triggering a quick transformation from his body. It looked like his entire body briefly turned inside out, before resurfacing in a flash of great purple power, returning to his usual armored form as his red eyes of power glowed with unmatched strength and seriousness. "Thank you, Lord Fritz, and then let us not delay." Eschaton wasted no time, instantly casting a greater teleportation spell. One way or the other, he will be the one to deal with his old friend.

Within the Dungeon, Suo, the Wisdom of Eschaton as well as the auxiliary knights, greeted Zagreus with their signature bowing motion before moving out of their way. He headed his order to remove the chains, and reopened the sarcophagus. "As you wish Lord Zagreus." The Dungeon guard spoke, as he removed the protective runes of the container that held their friend. One by one, the chains and runes disappeared and were erased. With each section removed, more of the knights circle the container and readied their weapons. They were under direct orders to reimprison him if he were to act hostile when he awakened.

1671536210638.png

Suo himself summoned his massive blade to his side, preparing for the oncoming onslaught from the berserker. There was a tense feeling in the air, as each and every knight ignited their blades with various forms of magic. Egaloth's reemergence was followed by a long eery silence, having countless amount of eyes carefully trained on the released berserker. They were all wondering one thing, What was his next move? Fortunately for all of them, they won't have to ponder on such thoughts for long.

A purple portal opens up, as the now-armored Eschaton makes his appearance, in the room, wielding his signature scythe-like weapon, Altrusta. "Stand down." His voice, although gentle, echoed powerfully, resonating in the chambers. And just like that, all the knights returned to a neutral stance, obeying their one true master without any hesitation. From there, Eschaton slowly walked towards the naked demon, his visage and armor looking as intimidating as ever, especially when wielding his signature scythe that is rumored to have killed tens of thousands of players.

Upon getting close enough, Eschaton would plant his scythe onto the ground, and right next to him and placed his arm on the demon's shoulder. Was this it? Was he going to drain him once again? Many of the other knights and members might think this is the case, but Eschaton had other plans.
"Have you come to your senses? Are you truly back, Old friend?" It was a strange thing, to hear a certain warmness in his voice, despite the intimidating presence he had on the field. Though more observant members of the guild would always be able to pick up on the friendliness through his actions alone.

Penny

"T-thank you, Fritz." While Penny's voice during the presentation was confident and formal, this time it was rather shaky and unstable. Unlike the day before though, the shakiness wasn't because she just talk in front of several people, but because she was estatic. For the first time after they thrown into this world... scratch that, for the first time in YEARS she finally felts her heart pumping with pure excitement. For a very brief moment she had a wide and rather sinister grin on her face but she immediately came back to her usual poker face.

"Good suggestion, Empyrean. Good books, I will give it to you if I stumble into one." She gaves a nod to her angelic guildmate.

As several of the guild members went to check on Egaloth, Penny stays on her seat and started furiously write something in her book. The way her hands circled around the book and her face kept close to her writing was a clear sign that she didn't want anyone to read whatever she was writing. After a few minutes of this she finally looked up, seemingly satisfied with her planning.

"Don Pengu, come." She whispered, it was barely audible even for anyone who sat next to her but not long after Penny's shadow started to wiggle around, and from that pool of blackness a penguin in formal suit jumped out and gave his creator a respectful bow.

"You called, boss?"

"Empty your wallet and take 20% gold from the vault. Then told Dragghar to start producing the coins. I already gave him the detail yesterday so just hands him the gold as material. Remember, just gives him ENOUGH amount. Don't give more even if he begs you."

"Understood, boss." With that, Don Pengu melted back into her shadow and his presence vanished from the room.

"Rico, carrot juice please."

"As you wish, master." The maid nodded at the order and went into the kitchen to make it.

Now that whatever she was planning had been put in place, the gunner felts much more relaxed than before. She idly sipped the rest of the wine from her glass and addressdd the others in the room.

"Egaloth. He will comes back. I'm sure." Penny was exceptionally brimming with good mood now. As if someone just turned on the light of hope inside her brain.

LadyOfStars LadyOfStars Garbage Pail Kid Garbage Pail Kid Pyosimros Pyosimros Britt-21 Britt-21

Empyrean
1671633082208.png
When Tet's familiar voice invade his ear, Empyrean soared a cursory glance at the man, merely to double check that it was actually him and not some mistake. "Where have you been all this time? Certainly not in the kitchen because this meal surely doesn't represent the culmination of all the free time you had yesterday." His tone was passive, but it was clear from his words that Empyrean was unsatisfied and scolding Tet for what he considered to be a lack luster breakfast. "I expected grander options considering the new reality we find ourselves in. But I guess that's too much to ask for."

His eyes followed along as a few people departed to go check in with Egaloth. The demon's resurgence was a very good sign and helped to ease some of Empyrean's darker fears about the new racial makeup of many of the guild's members.

"Thank you Penny, and if you'd like or should need any assistance in the financial department, I would be happy to assist." Learning more about the world's money and comparing the greed of their old world to this new one was something that Empyrean was interested in, but he wouldn't stick his nose into Penny's business. They all had NPCs and such to aid in any endeavors they may choose to undertake.

"Aside from academic institutions, I think I will look into some religious organizations and see just what my racial class will permit me to do with them." Faith could motivate many people to do a great many things and if there were people so devoted to religion, Empyrean wanted to find them and out them to better use.

"Tetra, join me in my laboratory?" The invitation came more as a suggestion due to his tone as Empyrean pushed away from the table and his wings lifted him back into the air. He waved goodbye to the rest of his guildmates as he floated through the doorway and headed back to The Garden.

Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread Garbage Pail Kid Garbage Pail Kid

Tempesta.png
1672576885429.png
Pyosimros Pyosimros Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread

Tempesta eventually finished her food during everyone's discussion between Egaloth and Finances. Tetra and Empy were already probably going to plot some other things in the Angel's lab. Things that not even the Vampire herself would wanna know. Picking up her glass, she finished what had been inside and gently placed it back down. "So Penny, would you need my assistance in anything? I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to hunt down my own people in the broad daylight to see if I could either create workers or armies, so I'm fairly useless during the day. I'd like to at least lend a hand with whatever I can at the current moment." leaning back in her chair, she crossed one leg over the other and rested her hands in her lap. Her crimson eyes shifted toward Adel as well "I can assist with you as well. While everyone else is taking care of Egaloth, and some are going to probably do experiments, that just leaves us if I'm not mistaken."

Penny would be finances, possibly Tetra and Empy would be experimenting or working with their classes. Lastly, Fritz, Eschaton, and Zag were dealing with the monster in the basement. That didn't leave too many guild members left I'm wondering if I'd be able to gather vampires on my end. I mean, after all, I'm not exactly the queen of them, but surely I represent them, right? she thought to herself. Those crimson eyes of hers had closed as she began to ponder about it a little more "I can start to work on overnight travel and trades. Surely no ordinary human would want to travel in the dark when there's monsters like myself in the dark."

9fcd893ea16112bf5c1c64753968855b.jpg
Egaloth didn't have much time to process his surroundings before a large hand smacked him across the face. It was an abrupt feeling, especially when paired with the casual phrase of, "Wakey, wakey..." The slap wasn't too hard for the former demon, but the shock did cause him to take a step back and gather his bearings. Once he did, however, he soon recognized his former friend, Zagreus.

Another voice soon joined the fray:

"You couldn't wait for us before you went and unchained him?" Fritz, another face that seems to force a feeling of guilt to settle in his gut. What did Egaloth do to his friends? Whatever it was, it prompted the more logical of the group to remain cautious. It didn't help that an entire fleet of highly trained golems were staring him down with every intent to end his life with one wrong move.

Confusion was evident on the raven-haired man's face as a portal opened up, watching Eschaton emerge from it and approach him with utmost care and concern. "Have you come to your senses? Are you truly back, Old friend?"

Egaloth blinked a few times, glancing up at the rather large knight, feeling the power emanate from the ornate staff that stood beside him. How does he tell his friends that he can no longer speak? An arcane exchange for another chance.. He simply nodded with a smile that didn't reach his eyes. How could it? There was an unanswered feeling of guilt eating away at him from the inside. It was clear that he messed up, and he didn't even know how..

It wasn't until an especially cool draft hit his bare, pale, skin that he noticed how incredibly.. naked he was. Uh.. was I naked the whole time? Guess it didn't matter now. He knew he looked good and, it seemed that no one else really gave a damn. Plus, if he covered up now, he'd just look even more lame!

So, Egaloth simply didn't act on it, and instead pointed to his throat whilst shaking his head. An odd game of charades, but he hoped that at least one of his friends would understand.

tags: StealthyShades StealthyShades TreasureSniper TreasureSniper Slav Slav

Choatic Reunion
Zagreus Kayn
"You couldn't wait for us before you went and unchained him?" Fritz’s remark annoyed the demon’s ears. Zag made a half-turn to his leader and said “I thought you didn't care about him since you are the man that ordered his death.” Bitterness formed a glare on Zagrues’s face. “Sorry, that was SOOOO... out of line I will stop before I cross a line." He said sarcastically to his guildmate. Before He could continue his hate parade, Eschaton stood between the two. A red glare emptied from the black knight’s hem. “Sigh… ppppsh” Zag didn't come here to fight. he came to celebrate a friend’s journey back to the land of the living. "Have you come to your senses? Are you truly back, Old friend?"

The demon waited for Egaloth to say something in his aggressive nature but nothing was said. Zag saw that his friend was just making simple motions with his hands. Even though Zagreus was able to understand kind of what his guildmate was trying to act out. He decided to have a little bit of fun. “Oh, charades didn’t think you were the party game type let’s go“ A huge grin appeared on his face. The guessing game had begun “OK, so two words… Can’t…. Uuhhh.. speak. Can’t speak. Well, of course, you can’t speak. That’s the point of charades.” the disappointed look on Egaloth's face was priceless. He would love to milk this but Zag sensed that if he pushed it any farther he would be killed.

After his joke was over, Zagreus stood next to Eggo and put his arm around his friend. He leaned on him and said, “There’s so much for us to explore…” He accidentally got too excited and put Eggo in a headlock. “Our first objective is to find the motherfucker who took your voice. I don’t know why they would take your voice 'cause it’s horrifying sounding but we’ll get it back.” at this moment Zag felt something hit his leg. That was something flesh…. At that moment, various realize that his dear old friend was naked. “ Do you want me to get you one of my robes to cover up your package down now?”
Code By Nano

Eschaton remained silent at first, not knowing how to react to Egaloth's apparent reluctance to talk. Though from his avatar's facial expression, he managed to figure out that he was likely unable to talk for one reason or another. Having been fully convinced that the demons were no longer a threat, Eschaton's cape, covered that knight, transforming him back into his humanoid and eye candy form. While Eschaton's face seemed blank at first, the was a small smile that formed, indicating that he was indeed very happy that his old friend was back to their old self.

Turning to Fritz, he proudly announce to him his old guildmate was no longer a threat, for now at least, one can never to sure. "Lord Fritz, for one reason or another, Egaloth seems to have regained control over himself. However, he seems to be unable to speak." Maybe that soul-siphon spell of his did do some permanent damage after all. It was possible that this "silence" was a mere side effect of his sudden awakening, but still he was curious on what the demon had to say about what had happened thus far. How much does he actually remember? Was he conscious the entire time he was in the sarcophagus, will he hold it against him in the future?

All questions need to be answered as soon as possible. "Lord Fritz, I may have a suggestion." Eschaton chimed in, realizing that information that he found yesterday might be useful to solve Egaloth's muteness and perhaps monitor the demons that were inside him. "Yesterday, I was able to briefly pull out Zagrues soul from his body with my soul rip ability. Unfortunately, I was unable to separate his soul from the "others" that were also occupying his body. It is possible that one of these "other" entities had temporarily taken control of Egaloth. Perhaps we can find a way to exorcise the hostile entity to preserve our friend's sanity." It might be a long shot, but it was worth a try in the golem knight's eyes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back