• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Overlord: Another World OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
So i'm likely going to be creating a slime character, since the option is on the table. Anyone interested/in the midst of creating a guild?

I mean it would be nice to have everyone in same guild, last game was a bit annoying because people were at like 6 different places in the world resulting in 6 different storylines being unable to interact.

I'm not forcing everyone in the same guild but if everyone wants to be, that would make my life easier and make many other things easier as well.

I wasn't here for the last one you were in, but that sounds challenging. I don't disagree by any means, having everyone in one guild would be pretty convenient.

There's also the possibility of multiple guilds who have worked together in the past. For example, if there had been a raid boss appearance. A group of X guilds would've teamed up and tried to take it on. Or even the fusion of other guilds into one larger guild, three individual guilds could do this to become a "Trinity" if I'm remembering correctly. Which could make it so that multiple guilds did exist, but upon the players consciousness transferring over we set plans to have them unite.

Just spitballing some other ideas. I was mainly asking because I started thinking about creating a guild, since that's a fairly important bit of info with the character in my opinion.

It did cause issues in the last game due to play starting on the transfer so was several months of people not knowing people were players/in their own areas before a small portion met up. I mean i can make the guild from the old game if needed but was waiting to see what general decision was, as id prefer a united bunch of characters.

So, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong with this assumption, the option you mentioned involves us creating the guild after our characters have 'fused' with their in-game avatar?

Making players gather in a single guild will make managing players easier, yes. But then you must prepare events to keep things going, and players need to pre-establish relationships between them. Remember that YGGDRASIL is a dying game so 'I just joined this guild and I know nothing about the people here' can't be used. Its a common occurence in guild based RP.

Making the players separated will prove challenge right from the beginning because having everyone in different locations and situations will hinder interaction, yet just gathered these different casts in one place for no reason will feel contrived. A sandbox format also need players to proactively butt heads with each other.

ChazGhost ChazGhost which poison will you pick? The decision will ultimately fall into your hand.

Actually, i was just saying that in one way or another being a singular group at the start. Being all in the same guild before the shutdown or something is the easiest method but I'm up for anything. Making players separated will lead to several months of solo RP with the GM having to manage several storys at same time and posts taking alot longer since one would be needed for every character in their different area.

Can I choice the poison of only two, three, or four guilds? Also you don't have to join guild if you don't want to.

Last edited:
Speaking of dying game, we can also do it like this

Someone decided to gather the remaining players for last farewell, this way we can be from different guilds while having a reason to gather from the beginning.

That can be done, though I leave the choice of whether or not it should be done to players. Also, as a side note your guild halls would still go to the new world, you just have to go find them. Good thing for guild defenses and NPCs.

Allright then, I'm making a guild. A casual whales guild consist of players with the names of food or beverages, the guild name will be Dining Table. Anyone want to join? We have Cookies... and Naruto.

Guild sheet added (it is located under Other on the link tabs).
Also whats a casual whales guild?

That means most of its members like to spend real money for the gacha while not playing in hardcore mode like Momonga, or at least used to like to spend money.

If this will be as casual as before, I'm in~

As for guilds, I like the lifestyle guild I was in before or competitive hardcore one

Important Announcement
EccentricFantasy EccentricFantasy Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread Damafaud Damafaud PlusUltra PlusUltra Entity.Eclypse Entity.Eclypse Ignem Ignem Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia Mena Mena L Libero
I have decided there will be a limit on FOUR guilds that will be accepted and be transferred to the new world with its guild members. This is to make my job easier and make so not everyone is to scatter across the world map, to begin with. If your character is from a guild that is not a part of the four to be accepted, we can discuss what happened to its headquarters and did end up in the new world, just in a different place or just didn't get transferred over at all.

Also if you have an NPC companion for your character, use this sheet for them
Name:
Levels-
Racial levels-
Job Levels-
Appearance-
Personality-
That is all, thank you for reading.

Carnelian Lake was supposed to be around, but "Lost". Given a teleporting entrance around being a character motivation to find it and re-establish access/connection. Do i still need to submit it ahead of time then? given it wont show up for a LONG time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back