• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Overlord Alternative

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Nyamiko
Secret Meeting
"So.... She's here.... I should prepare...." Nyamiko muttered, slowly reforming back to her humanoid form before reaching out pull aside the blinds to her room window. As light spilled into the room, it showed Nyamiko in a barely passable humanoid form, her skin withering and twitching about under the kimono as she slowly set herself in the all familiar cat-girl like human form she always took. Checking a nearby mirror to make sure even the hair length and style is proper, she prepared herself just in time to hear Ichi's footsteps come close. Despite knowing that he would be more than aware that she can detect the presence of everyone on the same floor as her, she still allowed him to gently tap the door.

"Aneue, Lady Selvernas has arrived and the tea is almost prepared. Seems like Yonju is also a little more hardworking than usual and made daifuku too." Ichi quietly informed. Nyamiko hummed as she did some final adjustments to her kimono and slid open the door to her room. Looking up at Ichi, he bowed slightly and stepped back to allow her some room. Smiling softly and nodding once in thanks, Nyamiko started to slowly walk down the hall towards the stairway. Her 'eyes' closed as she allowed her actual senses to guide her around. She felt a sort of joy in this as it allowed her to simply put on a serene or even melancholic expression as she moved about, something that might make people who aren't aware of her true nature let their guard down. So that was how she looked, like a melancholic young woman as she gracefully descended the steps towards the dining area.

"Ah. So you have arrived, Illustrious Leader. Sorry to request your presence under short notice." Nyamiko politely greeted Selvernas with a bow before quickly drawing Ko-Giri from within her kimono. Her eyes fashed with deadly intent as she sent the tanto's point towards Selvernas' upper arm.

Petroshka Petroshka

Last edited:
Kafka had little interest in talking at the moment, rushing into her grove, something was nagging her heavily. She can give out a full report later, but what was that? Did she really think that? Using a vine to grapple on top of the Grove Heart, she took on a meditative stance in its branches. She can figure this out, everything will be fine. Yet, just what was that, which compelled her to basically devour a corpse so much? She ventured out to kill boredom, not to discover within herself an abomination worse than the one she killed and consumed!

No, surely, this was nothing major. It was just her being tired or something, she's overthinking this, definitely. She'd slap herself once, before rolling her eyes and jumping down from the grand treant. She'd unequip the Faceless' Garb, sitting beside one of the grove's ponds, she'd let her feet be submerged in the water. Any damage not shaken off at this point would be done away with, Kafka's mind truly soothed, the grove once more took on a calming and comfy atmosphere.

"Yep, everything's just fine," she'd muse to herself, not a single troubled thought swirling inside her head... except.
"Wait, wasn't someone supposed to take care of the weather?"

With Sanguis cutting a path through the center, Shizira raining death from the skies, and Oscar shredding anything with in range on his flank the battle did not last long. Standing up and only relaxing a little bit Oscar looked around at the carnage that was the aftermath of there battle. The fight had definitely seemed to calm the urge to kill something but it also left an unsavory taste in his mouth. That was an ambush not a hunt. It didn't have the same thrills involved... at least that is what he assumed from the way his body was currently acting. "Unsatisfied" was Oscar's only response to Shizira's question as he walked to the nearest creature. He gave it a light kick before crouching down and getting a closer look at it. "What are these things anyway? Either of you remember if these things were enemies in the game?" he asked the two of them as he poked the corpse with an arrow.
Nastarial Nastarial ThePerpetualShadow ThePerpetualShadow

Sanguis:

All too soon the battle was over.

Connor stood in the middle of a circle of bodies, his sword and armour drenched in the blood of the flesh hungry monsters. Despite the deaths of their comrades, the others had just kept on coming, throwing themselves at the three players with all the reckless abandon of a wild animal.

No, a wild animal would have sensed that it had met its match by instinct at least. These things reminded him more of…..demons. Yes, they could easily match demons in pure savagery.

Lifedrinker gurgled from where he held it loosely by his side, point brushing the snow beneath. It seemed dissatisfied by the low amount of kills and made no attempt to hide its displeasure. He agreed with it. While the battle was on he had never felt more alive. Not even the grateful smiles of people had helped came close to the thrill he’d felt.
He wanted to feel it again.

“Well” Shizira spoke up after a moment of staring at the corpses. “That was invigorating. “How do you two feel?”

“Better” Connor admitted. Indeed, the rage within him had lessened somewhat. But he could feel it starting to creep back up again, nowhere near defeated. “But I could do with some more, I think”

“Unsatisfied” Oswald agreed, striding forwards to where the nearest flesh eater lay, giving it a good kick, flipping it over onto its back. It had an arrow lodged in its mouth, courtesy of one of the other two. Oswald crouched beside it, his hunters eyes roving over its form while poking it in its side with an arrow and a curious look on his face. “What are these things anyway? Either of you remember if these things were enemies in the game?”

“Not that I recall” Connor shrugged his armoured shoulders. “But then again, the nine realms of YGGDRASIL were rather large, I doubt that any of us has explored it fully. Perhaps these creatures come from a yet unknown area. We could ask the others when we get back. Do you recognise these things?” He turned his head in Shizira’s direction, cocking it to the left.

Dante Verren Dante Verren Nastarial Nastarial

Greer unhappily discovered that his Mask of Faces didn't allow him the sensations of the man he was disguised as.
View media item 32754Still, he'd attract far less attention disguised as a human, even if he had kept his habit of dressing the same. His attention shifted to Lilith. If she was acting as she usually did she probably was hoping for violence, but if Greer had been instructed to avoid a show of force so would she.

Greer's non-existent skin itched. He needed to do something. At this point he was fully hoping for an attack both for the chance to test himself against the residents of this world and for the chance for violence. It didn't even have to be a worthy opponent, just one he could slay with impunity.

[Kill Zone] was a passive AoE effect that he'd gotten for winning a PVP tournament specifically for player killers. It alerted him to every creature in the area and had them count as line of sight for spells and attacks.

When combined with [False Start] he could make it seem like an attack he made came from anywhere in the area. All it would take was a low level spell and this could turn bloody. Greer stopped himself. He needed to keep control of himself. It wasn't worth it at this point.

[class=dualBorder]background: black; border: solid 4px gray[/class]
[class name=dualBorder state=hover]background: black; border: solid 4px gold[/class]
[div class=dualBorder]
Shizira
Alyssa Morrow

Secretly sleeping until the time comes...
...Becoming the 'definition' of withered, what do I wish for?

Neither of the men she was with seemed satisfied. So much for hoping for a one and done type thing. Still, they had only just arrived and it wasn't as though they had a timetable to keep to. "You two are gonna be hard to satiate, huh?" Alyssa teased, a giggle bubbling up. Turning her attention back to the dead, she considered Sanguis' question before shaking her head and wrapping her wings around herself like a shawl, once again. However, she kept firm hold on her bow, should the need arise to use it once again.

"No," she said slowly, "I'd remember creatures like this." She had gone through just over half of the areas in Yggdrasil, so she couldn't say that these things were 100% from this world, but she felt like someone would've mentioned them at some point, being so unique in appearance and lack of battle tactics. She started to consider what could be their next move. Checking out the ruined town was still an option, though she was uncertain if they'd find anything that wouldn't have succumbed so much to the elements that it would still be useful. Or maybe it would be more prudent to find something else to slaughter for Oswald and Sanguis first. Frowning, she mulled over the options. Screw it, she thought.

Switching the topic back to previous, Alyssa turned to her comrades.
"Let's see if we can find something else to be all stabby with then." Her tone was merely a suggestive one, though it had jovial notes to it as well. After all, this could also count as information gathering. It was just of a different, bloodier way of going about it. If they didn't get swarmed this time, she'd leave the fighting to the two that needed it unless things got bad, though she doubted she'd really be needed.

I've already lost it, but the pain, it let me flap my wings...
Into Fate, solve the puzzle and bask in the sun
Dante Verren Dante Verren ThePerpetualShadow ThePerpetualShadow
[/div]

Oswald pulled the arrow that was lodged within the creature free, It was still intact. Wiping the arrow on the corpse of the creature he returned it to his quiver. Was it really a dragon that destroyed his town... or perhaps it was a swarm of these creatures, maybe even one massive one. For the unskilled going up against these things would have been suicide. He didn't know if they would encounter more of these things or if this was it. Based off their actions these creatures weren't intelligent so it was unlikely that they would hold any of here numbers back. But if they had something more intelligent leading them then it could be a problem... it also could be something to kill.

Standing up Oswald turned to look at his companions. "I say we keep investigating. My curiosity about these things currently outweighs my desire to kill. I'm curious about that shriek we heard as well. It could have been from all the now deceased creatures or there could be something else that started it. We can always kill whatever we find on the way while we are investigating." He made his suggestion and now he had to wait.
Nastarial Nastarial ThePerpetualShadow ThePerpetualShadow

Naho Village

Sall lead the strangers to his hut where he felt more at home to answer their questions leaving all the pleasantries aside and quickly returning introductions he had noticed their wording was quite, unusual and had a sense of superiority. Needless to say it annoyed him that such people came out of no where speaking with such tones but he had seen their equipment which was definitely something else, it reminded him of the kingdom of old before the spawnlings. These strangers were reminiscent of the warriors maybe even something more, walking through the village had shown their situation, they were completely desperate, they had small scale farms, wells, cooking kitchens and even a hospital. However not everything was good as in the middle was a bondfire but it was layed out in a way that made it look like a bed of sorts, almost like for laying bodies on top of.

Once reaching the hut which wasn't very special neither was it particularly large, walking in it was rather cramped with a makeshift bed of fur and hay. "The enemy?" Sall grunted at that, he never thought of the spawnlings as an enemy, they were something not of this world predators that they had to fend off. It was clear these peoples mindset was far different, stroking his beard he began talking. "The enemy, are demonic creatures from the north that only has the drive to consume flesh." He walked over to a cabinet of sorts and pulled out some sheets of dry parchment, shaking the dust off he walked back over to the strangers. "Not one spawnling looks alike the other." He showed them paintings of what was presumably hideous creatures of multiple familiar limbs and such. "Their strength is that they cannot feel pain and they can regenerate at a fast pace, and the only weakness we have found is fire."

Avina who had been hiding within the crowd from the strangers walked back inside the village as Sall opened the village gates to them. She trusted his instincts and while the others would be interested in what they had to offer she wasnt much of a warrior and she was sure Tenn would bring anything that might interest her anyways. So instead she walked back to her usual place at the hospital where the injured still lay in their beds either asleep or wondering what is happening since they cant hear any fighting. Getting there she boticed the fire pit was dying down making the place colder, so she threw some twigs in it and increased the fuel with a slightly larger branch then she opened her palms out and aimed it at the fire pit, a small fireball came out of her hands and hit the fire pit instantly igniting the wood bits. some of the paients asked her what was happening and so she struck a conversation with them.

HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest Azure Sky Azure Sky Gravitational Force Gravitational Force Mekuto Mekuto ChazGhost ChazGhost Astralworks Astralworks

Ruins

Once everything felt quiet upon the ruins where the battle between the spawnlings and the strangers started the Large crow which had stalked The Great City before flew over the desolate lands observing the fight. It twisting its head to get a better look and its entire body to get the best view watching the capabilities of the unusual suspects seemingly having fun fighting flesh demons but before long the battle which had started so suddenly ended with a whimper as the mysterious folk cut down the last of the spawnlings. Cawing once it flew back off again towards the city of magic.

Back on the ground however was a grotesque scene of laden flesh and blood caking the ground around as a small hare watched from the shadows of the trees focusing on a particular one of the strangers who wore heavier armor than the rest. But within the towns center where the defenses had failed and a large building erected, which was most likely the town hall. Another shriek was heard, as if calling out for something, but when the shrieking echoed and nothing answered, there was an explosion which sent large chunks of debris flying from the town's hall and when it cleared there was a large being peering down at the newcomers. It had a avian like face ending in a beak and a over dozen eyes throughout its head. Its body consisted of two large muscular arms holding itself up from its perch, and what one could see from its body was a dark mass.

It stood there, still and watching the three peoples analyzing them and once again, stopping at the armored figure. It was clear that this one was more intelligent than the others however it seemed to be more cautious as well. It waited until they moved toward it and when they did it would dive back down into the building seemingly to avoid an encounter. It would rather gather more information to fight another day.

Dante Verren Dante Verren Nastarial Nastarial ThePerpetualShadow ThePerpetualShadow

The Verdigris Grove

As Kafka was thinking to herself and worrying about her grove inside her body was a far different story. The blood cells and the materials of flesh that she 'absorbed' started to shift around once the body they were in started to get relaxed. Very quickly as if all at once they all bit their way out feeling for the path of least resistance and dripping out of their hosts body onto the ground below, causing Kafka great pain as her skin started spongification leaving shadow holes throughout her body. These blood cells would then fall onto the dirt below and burrow themselves in hiding from the thing that had tried to consume them eariler

@Beto

Yoshiwara District

Caveria, or as most would call her, Selvernas. Sat in the japanese styled room waiting for her guildmate to show up. Tapping on the table impatiently she wondered what Nyamiko wanted from her, these should be busy times and she guessed it was something about the surrounding area. Lost in her thoughts she hadn't noticed Nyamiko until she opened the sliding door, smiling selvernas was about to say something. "Ah, Nyamiko what did you wan-" She was stopped mid sentence when a knife was being sent her way throwing up her left gauntlet to stop or parry the knife she instinctively summoned a full blown halberd on her right hand and was felt the urge to thrust it into Nyamiko but she hesitated and stopped. "Nyamiko! what are you doing?!"

Wandering Grim Hollow Wandering Grim Hollow

Drix

Drix followed Sall to his hut. Drix looked around as he did and noticed that a few more guild member had joined his mission. Drix sighed as he entered the hut. After sitting down Drix spoke up. "I apologize for some of the late arrival of a few of our friends. They arn't the best at leaving on time" Drix apologized. Drix then listened to Sall's explanation of the local monsters. Drix was glad to hear the monster were weak to fire, which was something Drix could use effectively being a Fire Elementalist. "I see. I'll make sure warn the other about this. I'm sure plenty of us could use fire to take care of them" Drix said before opening his plam and making a small ball of fire. "Like myself" Drix said closing his hand and getting rid of the flame. "Anyways tells us about the factions and the kingdoms of this land. I'm curious of who are the mover and shakers of this place and how they may see us." Drix asked
Petroshka Petroshka HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest Azure Sky Azure Sky Gravitational Force Gravitational Force Mekuto Mekuto Astralworks Astralworks

Fabian carefully looked over the paintings of the abominations with a critical eye, his mind wandering back to the walls and state of the village. "If the Abomination is prevalent in this region, it is also a threat to Sigvold... I'd like to make you an offer Sall." The Frost said, looking the old goat in the eyes. "I, and my brothers and sisters will fortify and defend your village. In return, we seek a non-aggression pact from your people. I also offer sanctuary to your infirm and non-combatants in sigvold." he continued, a small layer of ice forming on his armour, as he spoke with conviction, his gaze never wavering. "You give me an hour, and I will give you walls nigh impenetrable."
Turning to his aide, he pointed toward the door. "Go and aide offer what aide you can to the injured." he said, his tone offering no argument. The Sprite female simply nodded and left the hovel, understanding her task.

What's that-!
Out of a sudden, Kafka would recoil in intense pain, as seemingly living blood cells burst out of her body, leaving behind cavities of shadow. Almost vomiting from just the sight, she'd drop to her knees, barely supporting her body with her arms. In retaliation to the pain, she'd shout out "Swiftmend!" purely out of instinct. Green energy surrounded her body, as the holes scattered all over it disappeared. She spat on the ground, saliva combined with blood. She'd cast one more heal before moving on to deal with the problem.

"Maximize magic; Lifebloom!*" Again, green energy would surround her body, mending any wounds left, over the span of a few seconds. With a final boom of energy surrounding her body, she'd rush over to the Grove Heart, placing a hand on its bark and basically yelling out, "Intruders underground, do the thing!" Hopefully, the Heart will be able to deal with this, if not, she might as well be dead.

Slight vibrations would overtake the entire grove, that was the Great Treant serving as conductor. Shortly after this, unseen by the surface world, every single root inside the grove released a yellow tinted substance, harmless to the plants, yet deadly to anything else. This substance would spread through the dirt, hopefully killing any unwanted visitors that would happen to find themselves in it.

Only one thing remains to be done now...
Kafka would reluctantly contact Selvernas with the message spell, yelping out in a distressed tone, "We have been infiltrated by an unknown enemy, I am unsure if my attempt of elimination was successful, so I thought the best possible thing to do would be to notify you. I can elaborate more later, right now I'll see what more I can do to deal with this."
With that, she'd start stabbing the ground blindly with the Edge of Beyla, knowing well that it probably won't help with anything, but not really caring at the moment. Those damned, filthy, repugnant sins against nature, whatever they are, their filth will be done away with-
Snapping back to her senses, Kafka would stop the redundant stabbing. They're dead, they must be. Blind rage won't help with solving this, so let's just wait and see.
Still... screwing up so fast...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lifebloom - A heal-over-time, which also ends its duration with a second, instant heal.

Sanguis:

Hard to satiate. Yes, that perfectly described him, at least at the moment. Although the voice demanding him to kill things had subsided by a significant portion, it was not gone. Not yet. He felt it would require a lot more to quell it entirely. And even then, how long would it stay silent? Would he need to keep killing regularly, like eating meals?

The thought of killing didn’t really trouble him. The thought that he didn’t care did however.

When Shizira replied in the negative to his question, he sighed. Well it was worth a shot. They’d ask the rest of the guild when they returned from their mission. Hopefully they would know something about these creatures of hunger and savagery. In the meantime, they should probably continue their exploration of the ruined settlement. They may find something of importance, perhaps a clue to what had attacked the town. That is, if the flesh eaters hadn’t been the ones responsible.

"Let's see if we can find something else to be all stabby with then” Shiziria said cheerfully, reading Connor’s mind. She certainly was in a good mood.

Oswald agreed and Connor lifted Lifedrinker to rest on his shoulder again. The blade sent him a hum of approval. It seemed more alive than ever, that feeling only growing as it fed off the essence it had absorbed. Instead of nervousness, Connor felt a strange affection for the murderous sword, like an owner would have for their pet. It almost made him want to laugh, but he didn't want to sound mad to his guildmates.

Before the three could move further into the frozen ruins, that unearthly shriek rang through the street once again. Thankfully it wasn’t joined by its lesser brethren, but the noise still put the unwilling vampire on edge. He braced himself, instinct informing him that something was coming.

Indeed there was. After a short time, a large building down the street that appeared to have once been an important structure, exploded, raining debris down onto the street below. In its place was another creature.

Connor grinned, gripping Lifedrinker with both hands as he prepared for battle. Another challenge for the group to face, this one being even larger than before.

However the bird-like creature merely stared at them through at least a dozen pairs of eyes that blinked rapidly. Connor had an creeping feeling that it was look at him more specifically.

But that did not diminish his lust for battle in the slightest. He turned to the others.

“Shall we?” He grinned, his fangs bared underneath his helmet and his crimson eyes flaring with excitement.

Nastarial Nastarial Dante Verren Dante Verren

[class name=dualBorder state=hover]background: black; border: solid 4px gold[/class]
[div class=dualBorder]
Shizira
Alyssa Morrow

"True enough," was Alyssa's response to Oswald's suggestion. With these creatures around, she wasn't sure if they'd run into anything else. She hoped they would. Then, as if something read her thoughts, another screech rang out. She hadn't expected anything else, so in response, she flung her wings open and reached behind to finger the flight on an arrow. As a mutated bird-like creature burst through the building and eyed them, almost pointedly landing its sights on Sanguis, she armed her bow with the intent of letting the now notched arrow fly on pure reflex. The mutation retreated back to where it had popped out from, however, before she had fully drew it back.

Easing the tension on her bowstring and letting out a breath she hadn't realized she'd been holding for that long moment, she didn't she'd be quite so jumpy but it had been rather sudden. This didn't seem to have the same effect on Sanguis as he seemed eager to go after it. She glanced between her partners. Well, she had just suggested they find something to kill, and here it was. Not one to look a gift horse in the mouth, she nodded.
"Sure, let's do it."

Dante Verren Dante Verren ThePerpetualShadow ThePerpetualShadow
[/div]

As the others agreed to a plan and got ready to move forwards a bit of a rock was thrown into their plans.. but that wasn't necessarily a bad thing. Another screeched peireced the air coming from the center of the town, it was a lonely screech one that none of it's comrades could answer for obvious reasons. When he screech did not receive it's reply an explosion rocked the town hall causing rubble and debris to fly in all directions. Smoke filled the air and Oswald could do nothing but smile like a madman. Standing there staring down at them was a large creature with a black solid mass for a body and a bird like head. It's eyes showed signs of intelligence, something that the other creatures did not have.

The creature dived back into the smoking remains of the building and a light chuckle escaped from Oswald's lips. "This is what I have been waiting for. The hunt has finally arrived!" With his right hand he reached to his belt and took off the small horn that was hanging from it. Not caring if he awoke the entire forest he brought the horn to his lips and blew. The sound of dozens of wailing cries filled the air it's origin was the Horn of grief currently held up to Oswald's lips. He blew the horn a second time before returning it to his belt now full of energy. "What are we waiting for my companions, let us follow the beast." he said as he began to jog forward, the mad mans smile still on his face.
ThePerpetualShadow ThePerpetualShadow Nastarial Nastarial

Last edited:
Sanguis:
“I couldn’t agree more!” Connor flung himself after Oswald, although the man was faster, not being weighed down by heavy armour. Still, increased strength was one of the benefits at being a vampire. This allowed Connor to maintain a short distance behind Oswald even though he wasn’t able to outpace the hunter entirely.

His boots crunched against the snow as he ran. All thoughts except that of killing the beast faded and all he felt was the thrill of the chase. He laughed out loud, leaping over a pile of rubble, snow shaking loose from the ground at his impact. He took off immediately again, not wanting to waste a single second. He would be the one to kill the beast! He could already feel it, his sword chopping into that monster's neck, severing its head from its body. A fine trophy it would make back at the Bastion.

Yes, this was how it felt to be alive!

Nastarial Nastarial Dante Verren Dante Verren

Rex followed Sall into his hut and took a seat, he listened as the goat told what little he knew of the enemy. He was mildly disappointed at the scant information that was provided, but reasoned that with such an enemy it was to be expected. As Drix moved to establish trade and Fabian offered to bolster defenses Rex thought about planning reconnaissance missions. Defense was important, but in a situation like this cutting out the heart of the foe would prove more effective. Sall had likened them to demons and as Rex considered whether this was literal or figurative Fabian offered to take the injured and weak into Sigvold.

Rex looked up and stifled a sigh, suddenly his emotions were supressed, he looked down and began thinking of what had just happened. His annoyance wasn't gone, but it had, somehow, been reduced. An effect of his new body he reckoned, thinking of this reminded him of Fabian's words and his annoyance grew until it was reduced again. He wanted to chide Fabian and try to walk back the offer, but he himself could not make Fabian and by extension the guild a liar. So Rex bit his non-existent tongue, finally he decided to act he faked a cough and spoke up, "setting that aside for a moment do you have any idea where these creatures come from? A hive or a nest?" Rex spoke in a calm and cool voice looking at Sall.

Petroshka Petroshka HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest ChazGhost ChazGhost

[div class=dualBorder]
Shizira
Alyssa Morrow

Alyssa eyed Oswald with amusement as he blew his horn. Someone's excited, she thought. She watched as the hunter took off with the vampire not far behind, laughing as he went. She took in the sight for a moment before she lost herself to giggles, shoulders shaking from an effort to resist. Oh, these two are precious! They were little kids who were told their favorite candy store had a sale going on. She smiled to herself at that thought and shook her head. She was quickly falling behind with her musings, after all. She pumped her wings hard as she took flight. It made it easy to catch up. While she could've landed and joined their run, she felt more at home with a higher altitude. It gave her the advantage of potentially seeing more than her compatriots.

She couldn't begrudge them for she did feel the same thrill, though perhaps on a lesser scale than the two she was with. She'd maintain her aerial cover of them as they approached the building and take to perching on the highest, sturdiest remnant of the now destroyed town hall like building. She hoped the mutation wouldn't suddenly pop at her as she really just wanted to peek down and see what was what. The thought of the oncoming fight, however, left her feeling rather ecstatic.... until she noticed whiffs of smoke expelling from her nostrils. Waving them off with a frown, she could only figure it was due to her delighted state.

Dante Verren Dante Verren ThePerpetualShadow ThePerpetualShadow Petroshka Petroshka
[/div]

Last edited:
Naho Village
Sall waved the lizard's unneeded apology aside and listened to the rest ignoring the silent ones listening in as they were probably also curious. "well, we are within the former Vivarian kingdoms lands, there are more villages scattered but there is a large town to the north. But we haven't had couriers from there for a long time now." He exhaled a breath thinking the worse, but then he shook his head from the dark thoughts. "To the south is The Alturia Federation and to the east is the Illvelistein Kingdom. As you can tell the Vivarian kingdom is no more, well, at least Fringe elements still exist but well." He gestured around him. "I am unsure of the Illvelistein kingdoms power but the Alturia federation is known to be quite powerful." He stroked his beard recalling everything and then shrugged "Those are the 'factions' as you call them that i may recall."

Looking at the next person that started to talk which was the heavily armored fellow, his eyes widening at the proposition then narrowing it back down. "This offer, is more than i can hope for, however we would like to maintain our independence" as soon as he finished talking though another popped up, a man who wore a strange metal mask, which gave him some suspicion but he would have to ignore it for now. "The spawnlings originated within the heart of the Vivarian kingdom. Other than that i do not know anything of this "hive" but they are known to be in packs" Sall nodded to himself. "They hide during the day and attack during the night but i am not sure why, i suppose they mean to catch us off guard but we have grown wise to these tactics."

HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest Azure Sky Azure Sky Gravitational Force Gravitational Force Mekuto Mekuto ChazGhost ChazGhost Astralworks Astralworks
Ruins

Upon reaching the town's center building the trio could only find a hole within the buildings floor, its walls still standing and a few rooms intact it seemed the fleshy thing had retreated underground and silence once again ruled the surroundings.

Dante Verren Dante Verren Nastarial Nastarial ThePerpetualShadow ThePerpetualShadow

Last edited:
Oscar stopped his jog as the group made it to the town center. The creature had done some serious damage to it but a lot less then the hunter had thought it would have. Finding that the building was mostly intact and that really only a chunk in the floor was missing and some of the rooms were damaged. He didn't know if he was happy or disappointed that the creature hadn't caused as much damage as he thought it did. Shaking his head he pushed what ever feelings he had about it away. Right now he only had to focus on pursuing the creature. Looking at the hole he could feel his blood racing in excitement. This feeling was beyond addictive.

Pulling an arrow from the quiver he put himself into a more relaxed readied stance just encase. Still smiling from ear to ear he motioned to Sanguis and to the hole. "Would you like the honor of going first?" In trueth the hunter wanted to be the one to pursue the beast first however having a ranged character leading the way into a monsters den was never a good idea. Airing on the side of logic he would let the one more suited to leading the way have the honor of being the first into the monsters den.

Nemo & Co

"Hello!" Pandemona greeted the goatmen energetically with a cute, radiant smile and sparkly eyes. She behaved really friendly. Demonbane was just there, in her shadow, as usual.

They seem docile. Boring. But this is an important mission from Nemo-sama, so I'll do my job!

Meanwhile Nemo was waiting outside the city walls with Greer, while some of the goatmen where browsing through Fabian's goods. "Greer, I know from experience that you are a battle junkie, so just to be sure, I ask of you to keep your excitement in check." Nemo talked in a calm manner, with no particular emotion in his voice, as he played the role of the calm and collected guardian knight Nendo. The last thing he wanted was that his chunni guild mate with a god complex went loose.

Too bad I was not invited inside the village. But I need to keep an eye on Greer... and Pandemona

Nemo-sama looked at me! He must have high expectations. I will not disappoint!

Pandemona smiled at me. Oh boy, I hope she's not thinking of acting mischiveous.

@Beto Gravitational Force Gravitational Force ChazGhost ChazGhost HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest Nastarial Nastarial Dante Verren Dante Verren ThePerpetualShadow ThePerpetualShadow Petroshka Petroshka Astralworks Astralworks Wandering Grim Hollow Wandering Grim Hollow

Greer's skull somehow seemed to grin. While his fingers clutch around his cane, his bones don't move.
"I assure you, I can wait. Pandemona on the other hand...well I do hope this stays the good kind of interesting. I'd suggest getting a leash, but she'd likely nibble through it."

Greer waves at Pandemona, then gave her a thumbs up when Nemo is looking the other way. He turns back to Nemo.

"So..." Greer seems to be having an awkward time. "What changes have you noticed in...you know?" He motions up and down at their bodies. "How's it feel?"

Azure Sky Azure Sky

Sanguis:

Well, it appeared the dam beast had chosen to flee rather than fight. Connor stood with the other two peering over the edge of the rather large hole in the centre of the town hall’s floor. The building had been almost completely destroyed by the bird-like creature’s big reveal, but some of it remained intact. But that wasn’t on Connor’s mind at the present time.

The Thrill still sang in his veins, the lust for battle overriding all other priorities. His anger at the beast’s escape was raw, thundering in his mind. He would not let it get away!

This thought was seemingly shared by Oswald, who showed no signs of being disheartened from the chase. He strung an arrow to his bow, turning to grin at the vampire with a look in his eyes that almost mirrored Connor’s own bloodlust.

“Would you like the honour of going first?”
He motioned to the hole. Connor felt his own smirk spread like wildfire across his own before answering.

“Why, I would love to!”
He chuckled before suddenly propelling himself into the hole with a grunt. The opening itself was large enough for several humanoids to enter side by side and Connor had no trouble entering.

He was almost immediately swallowed by the darkness, something that his vampiric vision had no trouble piercing. Looking down the freshly dug tunnel (It seemed the creature was a fast digger), he turned his head to look back up at his comrades.

“Come on down!”
He called out, his tone tinged with impatience. The thing would get away if they didn’t hurry, especially at the speed at which it was digging. Blasted thing. How dare it run away from the fight!

When he caught up to it, it would wish it had never been born.

Dante Verren Dante Verren Nastarial Nastarial

[div class=dualBorder]
Shizira
Alyssa Morrow

The building's remains were plenty sturdy and able to hold up Alyssa's augmented weight. As she perched on broken portion of the roof's ridge, she gazed down into the torn inside, most it fairly intact save for where the mutated-bird has popped out from. It seemed like the creature had continued to flee. It was, indeed, more intelligent than the ones they had just fought. The half-dragon wasn't keen to follow, the prospects of the possibilities running through her mind all falling under the category of 'not good.' Let's hope this thing is a shit strategist, she prayed briefly, watching on as Sanguis leapt into the hole, seemingly eaten by the darkness within.

Soon enough Sanguis' voice rang out from below her, eager to get a move on. Sighing, she dove down in a short flash of pale gold, opening her wings slightly just as she was engulfed by the shadows of the tunnel so she could land without repercussion. She didn't have night vision, per se, but her eyes adjusted to the darkness as they were accustomed to low light levels from her Lair. The bits of light from up above helped make that possible. With luck, their quarry wouldn't be too far.

Alyssa felt a bit anxious, amber eyes darting to and fro. While her Lair was a different story, she wasn't built for combat in this rather cramped space. Open air was where she was most deadly, and here, she'd have to rely on Sanguis and Oswald. This time, she intended to take up the rear, where she could at least make sure they weren't going to be ganked from behind.
"I hope this does the trick for you two. Just know that I'm not going to be worth much in a fight down here," Alyssa told Sanguis as they awaited Oswald to join them. Ninety percent of the areas she'd explored in Yggdrasil had been open areas, where she was as deadly as she wished. She didn't dungeon dive much, since much of them were only slightly larger than this and other than her damage and stat buffs, most of her tactics revolved taking flight. And this wasn't large enough for her to fully open her wings. It was almost enough to make her regret maxing out her wingspan to sixteen feet across. Almost. The benefits still far outweighed the cons, as it allowed her a faster than average flight speed and allowed her to have a few nearly unique skills.

ThePerpetualShadow ThePerpetualShadow Dante Verren Dante Verren
[/div]

Drix

Drix listened carefully as Sall explained the factions in the area. Drix took a mental note to ask the guild leader later if he start working on more carvans to start trade and communicate with these other factions. Drix then listened to the questions his fellow guild members asked and answers they got. "I would like to know where the "heart of the Vivarian kingdom" is. If these creatures are as big of a problem I assume then for all us to be safe it would be a good idea for us to get rid of these things, permanently" Drix said calmly as looked at his fellow guild members though inside he was getting more and more excited to have the chance to use his abilities from the game in a really life fight. "Also if you have any contacts with the other villages or the kingdom could you let them know that we come in peace and hope form possible trade with them." Drix added.
Petroshka Petroshka HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest Azure Sky Azure Sky Gravitational Force Gravitational Force Mekuto Mekuto Astralworks Astralworks

Following the Vampire and the Half dragon Oscar hoped down into the hole. Landing with a soft thud he stood back up straight and blinked a few times. Being a Dulluhan he had good night vision but it took a minute for his eyes to adjust to the sudden change. After a few seconds his vision had adjusted and he could see the long pathway that had been dug out by the monster. When Shizira made her comments Oscar gave her a nod and a smile, "I think a hunt like this will be enough for now. I wouldn't worry to much about not being able to fight at full strength. Between the three of us I doubt that thing is strong enough to last more than a minute even if we cant fight at full strength. Either that or we are fighting a raid boss and are about to get slaughtered." He meant the part about them being slaughtered as a more of a joke then anything but it did bring a thought to mind... what happens if they die in this world? Are there respawn points or more like real life if you die here is it all over? He quickly shook his head and returned to thinking about the hunt, he good be philosophical later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back