• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Overlord Alternative

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
As Oscar was makeing his way over to Shizira he heard the clanking of armor, considering Shizira wasn't attacking what was behind that meant it was an ally. Considering how heavy the metal sounded it was probably Sanguis. Oscar was definitely glad that his guild member was here, it meant that he hadn't gone along with Greer's idea. Oscar had no desire for world conquest... honestly he really dind't care either way. Just from a day of being in this body he really only seemed to have the desire to hunt. Beyond that desire he really didn't care what the guild did as long as it didn't result in his death.

As Oscar and Sanguis both arrived at Shizira she began to give her report. A dragon huh, Well they all three were level 100 so they could probably take down a dragon based on it's type. Of course thinking about it rationally the dragon had to be a pretty good size to do this much damage. When she laid out her plan Oscar couldn't help but to agree. Starting at the center and spreading out sounded like he best idea to him. He did appreciate that she was asking their opinions rather than giving commands. It made him feel like he was in an in game party again. "Sounds good to me. Unless you have any objections Sanguis do you want to take point?" even though he asked he knew that the man would take the front. It was either that or let one of the two bow users go first.
Nastarial Nastarial ThePerpetualShadow ThePerpetualShadow

After the meeting had concluded Rex made his way back to the Coliseum and immediately went to the underworks, there he selected a mount. Considering that he would be making his way through a forest and that he was in unknown territory he decided on a creature that was agile and had acute senses. After thinking for a few moments he chose his Alpha warg, a lean and powerful beast, it was one of his favorite mounts as it had the ability to boost other mounts with its roar.

Rex took special care in selecting the gear he would take with him, first was his standard exploring kit, that included scrying, healing, and lockbreaking scrolls. Also as a force of habit he brought some healing potions and scrolls, though these items would damage him were he to use them on himself he didn't consider his kit to be complete without them. A few more specialized items such as the winged harness that would grant his mount the flight ability as well as a scroll of 'Prefect Unknown' should he need to make a quick escape. Given that the caravan needed to traverse a river he also brought along three high tier scrolls known as 'Create Bridge' A fairly common spell among explorers. Finally he chose a mid level spear known as the Boar Hunter's Lance, it was a fairly ordinary looking weapon that held an enchantment that dealt bonus damage to beast and beastkin.

After ensuring that his body was covered from head to toe he set out from the western gate and hurriedly made his way towards the village. Though he had left after Drix and Fabian his mount possessed the forest strider ability and was able travel dense woods with ease. As such Rex rapidly made his through the forest and quickly caught up to the caravan. Making his way to the head of the caravan he made a slight gesture to Drix, the unofficial leader of the this expedition.

b7c7a81f9b17ecbf1f0e7de8cddc40db.jpg

tumblr_n19pviQMWG1rtbo6to1_500.jpg

ChazGhost ChazGhost HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest

Greer claps his hands together.
"Excellent, we'll leave as soon as we're ready." He teleports out of the meeting room, leaving Nendo a contact token so they can get together when they are all ready.

Greer appears in the Carnival and sets about collecting the items he'll be taking with him. A Mask of Stolen Faces (which already contained dozens of faces due to his player killing habits) to start it off and several other choice treasures.

"Glasco, Dogged." Greer's main minions appear. Glasco Wound's too-wide smile can be seen beneath the bandages that wrap his face and entire body while Dogged Pursuit's cardboard cutout of a body jerks as he moves, the effect terrifying.
"What'll it be, Boss?" Dogged asks, his painted mustache twitching.

"You're both in charge of the carnival while I am gone. Ensure that things are done...properly." Greer states. He turns and strides out of the gate, leaving his minions to turn to each other.

Glasco is the first to speak. "You're the face, I'm the brains. Don't push your luck."
"Wouldn't dream of it, my good sir!" Dogged says, pulling at his collar.

Azure Sky Azure Sky

Last edited:
Ioavollr

Caveria was about to reply to Greer rather harshly but she couldn't find the time to as everyone slowly left one by one and eventually even Greer stopped and left. She was quite fustrated at her former co-worker wondering how he had even gotten a job and wasn't fired yet. Sighing she continued to sit at her seat in the meeting hall thinking about how much of a mess everything was, the only thing she could hope for now was everyone's care for what may or may not happen. "well, if anyone does something they'll have to answer to the guild as a whole anyways." Getting up from her seat she looked back at the large table remembering her fellow guild leaders wondering what they would do in this situation if they were still around, would they think she was doing a good job? Shaking her head she walked towards the door of the great spire of Ioavollr. "Now, what did Nyamiko want?"

Caveria walked out of Ioavollr and spread her wings letting the icy air rush through, it was uncomfortable to say the least but it was oddly refreshing. Flapping once made her go a few feet in the air which surprised her. "whoa!" Flapping again made her go higher than before, and through instinct she leaned forward to glide above Sigvold, flapping every now and again to stay up in the air. It had felt like she had done this a thousand times before even though it was her first time. She made her way to the district she owned, it might've been faster to use teleportation but she needed to test out flying at some point and this was a small opportunity if not a poor one.

Wandering Grim Hollow Wandering Grim Hollow

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Cathedral

As soon as Kafka stepped a foot into the Cathedral a resounding creak was heard and echoed throughout the large building, if she listened closely she would realize there is a large basement of some kind below. Following the echoing creak however was a soft whisper ushering her to leave, upon further inspection it was very apparent that the ruined marks and claw marks were somewhat recent, at the very most would be a decade old but it seemed to be a little more recent that that. As she walked further in the whisper started to multiply into many different voices and got louder warning kafka to leave, skeletons both human and otherwise started to form from further within the cathedral, slowly walking towards her with their palms raised urging her to leave immediately. Outside a flock of dark birds started to gather on the ruined houses staring inside the cathedral's main door as if anticipating something.

@Beto

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Village

Various beastmen of all kinds could be seen rushing about the village, most working to build and fortify defenses on the wall, large holes could be seen being repaired with planks of wood and stone blocks. A few children play within the walls and some cooks handing out rations of food mostly fish and hunted game. Outside the walls more beastmen repair the outter walls with a few loadin bloody sacks of flesh onto wagons to be shipped elsewhere presumably to get rid of risk of disease. The tone they exude was neither that of somber nor joyful, it seemed to be a daily routine for all of them.

Inside the chieftains tent the sole human woman and the old goat sat down across each other sharing tea. It was quite for a moment before the chieftain spoke up
"Ahem, Avina you know why i called for you yes?"
Avina first stared at her tea then looked up at him.
"It is getting too dangerous to stay here."
Nodding he looked up to the general area where the river should fork.
"Things we cannot influence are all around us, we may hold the spawnlings at bay for now but i fear we wont forever."
"so we need to seek help from the empire..."
Avina's tone went sour at the thought.
"There is also the matter of the spire that Laffa and the other wulver found, and we havent heard from the towns in the north. i shutter to think of their fates but we cannot dwell on them. the empire is strong so we may be safe there."
"I understand, sall"
"Understand i don't want to use you as a bargaining chip after all you have done for us, many of us would not be alive if it wasnt for your skills with medicine"
Avina looked up at old goat Sall and smiled.
"i said i understand sall, i'll do anything to help everyone."

With a sigh from the goat silence fell upon the two once again, that is until the sentries signaled that something was coming toward the village, with the alarm bell sounding off both the chieftain and Avina rushed out of the tent and toward a certain Minotaur.
"Tenn! what is going on?"
"The southern sentries spotted something crossing the river and coming toward the village"
"crossing the river?"
The chieftain stroked his beard in thought.
"Spawnlings cant swim.."
The minotaur nodded.

Throughout the village people were gathering their weapons mostly sharpened wood and stone axes with a few metal weapons like swords and spear tips here and there, the minotaur for one had a large battle axe. Those outside the walls stopped what they were doing and ran inside as fast as they could while sentries stayed up high in the trees to be hidden, and within a few seconds the walls were lined with the makeshift militia that had kept the village standing for so long. Most on edge as they were used to night time attacks.

HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest Azure Sky Azure Sky Gravitational Force Gravitational Force Mekuto Mekuto ChazGhost ChazGhost Astralworks Astralworks

Sigvold

In Sigvold Niezil was rubbing his hands together patrolling the streets with some guards like he usually did when the city wasn't cold as Jotunheim, breathing on his hands he looked around at the denizens suffering just about as much as he was. They were talking to each other wondering what they would do and he overheard a few of them talking about how they saw the lords leaving Sigvold, no doubt to find out what exactly is happening. Sometimes he wished he knew magic just so he could make a fireball right about now to warm himself up, it wasnt until he spotted one off the great lords, none other than the great blacksmith himself in brawlers street and soon after seeing him he heard a large hissing sound and around the walls steam of some sort rose up into the sky. Looking up and around he noticed the temperature warm up just a little. It made him awe at what the great lords could do. Niezil was about to approach the great forge master but when he turned around to go thank him he was suddenly gone. "As such for the lords" He supposed.

Last edited:
Crossing the river was a simple matter for the Frost, as he simply created a bridge out of ice by freezing the surrounding water. Despite how simple it was, Fabian was anything but, so instead of just freezing the water, he shaped and molded it into an exquisite piece of art for the caravan to cross. He had even gone as far as adding inlaid depictions of the guilds battles from YGGDRASIL. Satisfied with his work, the Frost and his Sprite Aide crossed the newly created bridge. "As you can see, I don't do Half-ass work." He said with a small smug smirk. He may as well test his new powers while he could. In the distance he could hear the pinicked noices of folk as they tried to get to safety.
"Well Gents, it seems you've all been spotted" The Sprite Aide said with a snide smirk. This of course got her a thump on the head from her Creator, giving her a dazed look as she stumbled for a couple of seconds. Soon as her head cleared she started to grumble under her breathe
"Well my dear, it seems you've earned a lump on the top of your head... Now enough... Act like Traveler..." he barked as he and the sprite took positions at the front of the caravan. It didn't take long for the village to come into view, and when it did, Fabian had to fight down the urge to laugh hysterically at the site of it. Especially the pathetic array of armaments wielded. "Alright Drix, Do your thing. Woo them for us with discount prices" he joked.

Azure Sky Azure Sky Gravitational Force Gravitational Force Mekuto Mekuto ChazGhost ChazGhost Astralworks Astralworks

Sanguis:
“A dragon…..” Connor hummed. His hand half itched to reach behind his back where his greatsword Lifedrinker hung in its sheath, but he restrained himself for the moment.

In truth he was a little torn. On one hand, the prospect of fighting a dragon excited him, but on the other, he was still a little worried. Not as much as he would have been in his old body however. He snorted as he realised that if he was in his old body he would have broken down in despair at this point. When Oswald agreed with Shizira’s suggestion, he smiled, although it was hidden behind his helmet.

“Objections?” He turned his head to look at the hunter, tilting his helmeted head slightly to the right. “Not at all. It is a sound plan. My only hope is that there will actually be enemies to test my might against"

He took a deep breath and unsheathed his sword. The rasping sound as it came out of its scabbard was masked by the almost delighted gurgle of the blade as it seemed to sense that it may see use in the near future. He would probably have to look into that as well, he mused, looking at his reflection in the crimson blade. Living swords….heh.

“Right then” He swung the massive sword casually with one hand until it was resting on his shoulder before turning to look at his two guildmates. “Shall we begin?” He chuckled, moving past them and towards the boundary of the ruins.

No matter what, he had a feeling this was going to be…..fun.

Dante Verren Dante Verren Nastarial Nastarial

Disappointment in skeletal form

There were whispers in the creaks... something about leaving? No, imagination. Kafka would take a proper look at the interior of the cathedral. It appears that the struggle that took place here was way more recent than she originally tho-
With each echo of her step, the whispers became louder and more diverse in tone and voice. So something really was telling her to leave. Her eyes widening, a shiver shooting down her spine, she'd peer through the darkness, the rattling of bones drawing her attention to the back of the cathedral. Wait, bones?
"The Ancient, what a relief! Here I was thinking I would have to face some sort of over the top, primeval horde of bloodthirsty non-corporeals."
She'd put on a smile of alleviation, before entering combat stance, although not drawing her polearm just yet.

"Typhoon!" She'd shout, performing a backflip, hands extended towards the undead, until required to cover the landing, that is. Was anybody going to appreciate the classy backflip? Hell no. Did she care? Absolutely not.
An intense wave of wind would tear through the cathedral, everything not nailed to the ground would be flung into the very back, along with the calcium army. Typhoon is not a damaging spell though, so just to make sure...
"Unchecked Growth!" Kafka would extend her arms once more, a ball of vines shooting out, aimed towards the mess created at the back of the cathedral. Splattering upon impact with the first unlucky bone, the spell would leave behind corrosive vapors, bringing an end to any un-life still blooming.

Newly with weapon in hand, Kafka would advance forward. "Heh. Leave. I'm too familiar with these kinds of situations to leave."
It wouldn't take long for her to notice the downward entrance, leading into a grand basement under the building, uncovered by the powerful wind.
"Jackpot." She'd exclaim, rushing towards it and descending down into the abyss. Certainly, this was what the low-levels were trying to keep her from. Little did they know, it would've been better to warn whatever was down there about Kafka instead.

Last edited by a moderator:
Drix

Drix noticed a few more of guild mates join his caravan, including what he assumed was Rex in disguise. Drix didn't care if they joined in the end, as long as they didn't ruin relations and attack the village out right. Once Fabian was done creating his grand ice bridge Drix walked by him and commented "What ever floats your boat Fabian." Drix then crossed the ice bridge followed by his caravan and the others. Soon they made to the village walls were what seemed to be the defense force for the village was out in front of the gate ready to defend it. Laughingly though judging from their weapons and armor.

Drix chuckled slightly in front of the defense force before straightening himself up. "Sorry for me laughing, I just remembered a funny joke" Drix said to the defense force. "Anyways assuming this is all for us, let me ease your minds a little, we aren't here to attack you. In fact we are here to trade." Drix said before looking to one of his golem merchant and signaling them to grab something from the wagon. The golem did just that and grabbed a metal sword from the wagon tossed it to Drix. "This is just a taste of what I have to offer. Consider it a gift from me to you" Drix said before tossing the sword to defenders hoping they would catch it. While the sword wasn't magically or made of high grade materials it was still was made by a master craftsmen, Fabian, and it showed. "Now if you guys would like more of that or some of the other fine goods I have I request first. I would like to meet with the man or women in charge of this village" Drix said confident in himself.
HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest Azure Sky Azure Sky Gravitational Force Gravitational Force Mekuto Mekuto Astralworks Astralworks Petroshka Petroshka

[class=dualBorder]background: black; border: solid 4px gray[/class]
[class name=dualBorder state=hover]background: black; border: solid 4px gold[/class]
[div class=dualBorder]
Shizira
Alyssa Morrow

Secretly sleeping until the time comes...
...Becoming the 'definition' of withered, what do I wish for?

Neither man objected to her suggested plan and with a solid nod, the three of them headed toward the center of the ruined town. As they went, Alyssa kept a hand on her quiver, ready to draw an arrow on a moment's notice as she took a position on the right flank behind Sanguis. The further in they went, the more severe the damage became and the half-dragon was starting to get a decent idea of how long ago this place had stood in its current state. Between the rot of wood and some smaller plants retaking what once was theirs, it was safe to say whatever happened here, happened more than a few years ago. Old, broken bits of weapons were strewn about and after taking a moment to peer in a building's window, Alyssa's brows pulled together at what she saw. Bodies, in various states of frozen decay. "Hold up." Taking a few extra moments to check other buildings, she saw more and confirmed a few races. Retaking her position, she said, "Place looks to have dead humans and beastmen. Guess it was a mixed community." That in of itself wasn't uncommon, but something felt off.

Glancing about, Alyssa took notice of odd lumps of...something that were scattered about on the former roads.
"What do you two make of those?" she asked, puzzled. She'd listen to their opinions on the matter before having the amazing idea to check out the closest one. They didn't seem to be uniformly shaped at all, and looked a great deal like small, tanish-gray snowbanks, except that the snow where they were standing should have even, for the most part, as well as the typical crisp white. I don't like this at all, she thought to herself, but she sadly one to give into her curiosity. All in the name of information gathering, I guess....

She turned to Sanguis and Oswald, gesturing for them to take a few steps back. She didn't want them to experience any backlash for her own actions.
"Pray for me if I die, okay?" she joked before crouching near the 'whatever-lump' that was before her. Her tail once again twitched like mad. She was not enthusiastic about her idea at all. She reached out a hand, intending to wipe the snow down to what she hoped would be a body. It felt hard underneath her touch and it was during this close evaluation that it at least seemed to be a corpse. Daring to go further, she silently took a throwing knife from her belt and with a swift, fluid movement, she slid the flighty dagger into the thing before her. When blood started flowing, she left the knife where it was and opted to make a quick return to her comrades. Between this and the lack of animals in the area, it was obvious. "Something's still around here," she beamed, notching an arrow. "Guess we're lucky, huh?"

Alyssa, however, didn't feel particularly lucky. She wasn't sure what had recently stuck, let alone how it took down whatever these corpses were supposed to be.

I've already lost it, but the pain, it let me flap my wings...
Into Fate, solve the puzzle and bask in the sun
Dante Verren Dante Verren ThePerpetualShadow ThePerpetualShadow
[/div]

Ruins

When the half dragon drew blood from from the seemingly unassuming rock a small high pitched noise was heard that seemed to have been carried from rock to rock for a few seconds then they all stopped and as soon as it started silence fell upon the town once again. However not a minute in, the rocks started to shift and rumble from their places seemingly going in random directions, if any were outside the town's outskirts where they had a clear sight to see that the rocks were coming out of the town from different streets and started to rush toward the group of adventurers. A loud shriek could be heard from within the direction of the town center and when the adventurers heard it the rocks all burst into life revealing what they truely were, large grotesque amalgamations of flesh and bone, tentacles serated with teeth, circluar mouths that seemed to double as suction cups, arms which were just bone shaped into sickles.

They all charged at the adventurers with a animistic instinct not caring who they were fighting only craving one thing, flesh. They came from within houses, the street, from the trees, but most of them came pouring out the towns center exploding from the once standing palisades, both large and small each were different killing machines gurgling and shrieking as they attacked with furiousity. Some were humanoid with only a few mutated extra limbs made for killing and many others were something else that no one could recognize.

234a480080b7642d1be4e74d8ab028d3-spawn-cthulhu.jpgmain-qimg-98e62ed49e866acda8cd6faf4ff2533f.png1421796429951.jpg

Nastarial Nastarial ThePerpetualShadow ThePerpetualShadow Dante Verren Dante Verren

Cathedral

Upon clearing the Cathedral from a strong gust of wind which had blown all the furniture and skeletons back, destroying them something from underneath started to awaken with a low growl of annoyance. As they watched the forest sprite walk further into the basement the whispers simply asked, "why do you not heed our warnings? you have awakened it!" The building started to shake, making the dust fall from the ceiling and walls. However, the rumbling started to intensify causing some of the buildings structure to crumble, the growl started to become roars. The whispers started to wane, sounding scared and worried. "It is hungry, you have doomed them."

After that the stairway Kafka used and the floor of the cathedral collapsed in on itself causing debris to fly everywhere with dust obscuring Kafka's vision if what excatly she was up against. Before she could react a large tentacle flew her way missing her by a few feet crashing into a nearby wall. As the dust started to settle the massive form of the large amalgamation of flesh was revealed, the thing lying in wait in its slumber had large mouths strewn throughout its body with tentacles ending with more mouths and teeth. Its roar was deafening as it started to continue its attack with lashes of tentacles and charging its body of weapons at her.

zombie_dinosaur_by_verehin.jpg
@Beto

Village
The militia from up above the palisades watched eerily as what was approaching the village was a apparent caravan that had somehow crossed the river and apparently wanted to trade. Suspicious they all looked at each other then to the old goat man who walked infront of everyone to get a clearer look from above the walls. The minotaur at his side started to speak "How di-" The goat man stopped him and started to speak. "Where do you hail from?" The minotaur glanced at him and then looked back at the caravan that showed up out of no where. Most of the villagers found the question unusual, but laffa and the other wulver knew exactly where they came from. While the others assumed they were from the empire they knew they were most likely from the spire that had showed up out of nowhere.

Avina the only human in the group of the random assortment of beastpeoples, she looked nervously and attempted to hide between everyone but at the same time trying to grab a look at what was happening. Everyone wore some sort of fur clothes and only a few wore some sort of armor these armored beastmen also had the more higher quality weapons which signified them as warriors. They were of course eyeing the merchandise that the mysterious people brought with them, they were indeed shiny but everyone knew they couldn't afford any of the things displayed. Many things stood out from the caravan however that gave further question of what these people were, namely the one riding a large beast that was reminiscent of a large wolf. They didnt know of anyone who specialized in riding such wolves nor did they know of any such species existed.

HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest Azure Sky Azure Sky Gravitational Force Gravitational Force Mekuto Mekuto ChazGhost ChazGhost Astralworks Astralworks

Where Fabian and Drix saw a pitiful defense and frightened faces Rex saw brave souls, it would take a brave soul to go into battle with little more than a sharpened and fire hardened sticks. Worn weapons, armor, a ramshackle wall hastily erected and repaired wall, and a close look at the defenders showed scars. "They're besieged, not a war, an enemy that attacks and retreats suddenly." Rex spoke softly judging that if these defenders had managed to protect this village then the caliber of enemy the faced wasn't a threat to Sigvold.

As the old goatman stepped forward Rex ushered his mount forward a few paces he took a long look at what he assumed was the village headman and it's chief warrior. The fact that many species were cooperating and living together gave him hope that Sigvold could integrate with this world however it was possible that this coalition of species existed as a survival reflex.

As the beastman spoke Rex noted how the minotaur deferred to the goatman, it was clear that the warrior respected his elder, Rex took this as a good sign. As the elder asked his question Rex thought it was a test, his mount had detected recent traces of beastmen near the river. That combined with the fact they had come in nearly straight line from Sigvold made him doubt that they village didn't at least have an idea where they came from.

Rex had no intention of answering the elder, doing so would mark him as the leader of the caravan, something he had did not want and considered to be rude to the others. Rex did however look back over his shoulder, casting a long gaze on the great tower. That was Rex's answer to the old goats question, hopefully the others would be as truthful.

HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest Petroshka Petroshka ChazGhost ChazGhost

Stepping forward, Fabian gave a small respectful bow to the Elder before responding for the Group. "I am Fabian Dulaan, Master and Lord of the Great Forge that resides in Sigvald, and home to the Great Spire of Iðavöllr. The very one you see behind us." The frost said coolly before turning to his Reptilian companion. "These are my guild brothers, Drix, owner and purveyor of Brawlers Street, and Rex, Master of the Coliseum." He continued, getting introductions out of the way.

"As we are now neighbors, our Guild Mistress thought it be prudent to open trade, seeing as we are new to this land. With Trade, we hope to perhaps gain friends, and not to sound presumptuous, or arrogant, but judging by the state of your defenses, you could perhaps use some friends too." Fabian said Matter-o-factually, as he removed his hood and helmet. "These are strange and uncertain times for my people, and i'm sure you can agree that one can never have too many friends. But Enough of my Ramblings, we have Wagons of trade goods, and I'm sure Drix wouldn't mind allowing your village to sample some of our wares. Mostly cause i made 95 percent of it" Fabian added jovially.

Petroshka Petroshka ChazGhost ChazGhost Mekuto Mekuto

"Oh crap-"
Kafka could only cry out so much before gravity would get her. The cathedral collapse caught her by surprise, so now she lay surrounded by debris and dust. While a bit dazed, she'd be brought back to her senses rather quick as a tentacle of considerable size flew past her head. The dust would settle, unobscuring an abomination of nature, that maybe should've been left undisturbed. As the pulpy, tentacled mass charged forwards, with a cacophonous roar, easily distorting the senses, Kafka could do only little to defend herself. Panicked, she'd parry only a small amount of the lashes, suffering some damage. This in itself helped her to finally bring herself to retaliation.

Jumping back and hastily sidestepping, she'd start her counterattack. "Heavy Weather!" Would be her first cast, as a cloud yellow in color appeared above the abomination. Drops of slime of various colors showered the stupendous monster. In time, its form would be changed into that of a snail, small and harmless.
Kafka would not wait a single second before attacking again, "Triplet Maximize magic; Three Thorned Slash!" Nine strikes, all seemingly at once rend through the gastropod. Backing away quickly, Kafka kept her guard up...

Soon, too soon did the monstrous blob assume its regular form, all damage shaken off entirely. Although its level cannot possibly exceed seventy-five, this thing would not go down easily. The onslaught continued, with Kafka suffering considerable amounts of damage, but the creature none. This thing is way too tough for its level, but-!
"Heavy Weather!" She'd yelp yet again, and soon, a squirrel stood in front of her, instead of the hideous amalgam. This gave her about fifteen seconds, which is more than enough.

If this doesn't cut it, the only other option is retreat, so let's just pray to the ancient. "Super tier magic; Vassal of Life!" Holding her left arm out, glowing runes appeared and surrounded Kafka, now all she had to do was concentrate upon the squirrel for twelve or so seconds. Each second felt like an eternity, but in the end, at last! A coal black seed would be manifested inside of the squirrel, for now not dealing damage. The squirrel would stay a squirrel for about two more seconds, this... should be over then.

Indeed, just as the squirrel turned back into its uncouth form, an explosion of blood and flesh ensued. In its place now stood a grand, scarlet-blooming Sourwood tree. Blood rained down upon its leaves, grey flesh lay scattered across the floor, such image would disturb any normal person but...
It could only bring a wide smile onto Kafka's face, to create something living, beautiful, by bringing ruin to an existence of filth! The thought made her almost blush with glee.
Wait... what?
She shook her head, at the same time, every single leaf of the newly-born tree fell onto the ground in unison, springing five Red Treants to life. Kafka brought herself back to reality.

Now to inform the boss of this. She'd cast a message spell, hoping to reach Caveria.
"Hey there, just had a pretty grave encounter... I'm heading back to base, if that is fine."
She spoke rather casually and not even awaiting a reply, she'd move forward. However, she could not leave just yet, something compelled her. She stood unmoving, that's right, she's still damaged.
With a smirk, she'd kneel down, letting her hands rest in the blood of the late abomination. "Life Transfusion." She'd say with a hollow tone, thorny vines coming out of her palms, covering every single bit of flesh and blood inside the collapsed building. Through these thorns, the blood and flesh would be devoured, regenerating Kafka's health almost completely. It was disgusting, painful, almost as if burning under her skin, yet something about it felt so... gratifying.

With that done, she'd at last climb her way out of the ruin, making haste back towards Sigvold, back towards the Grove... home.

Last edited by a moderator:
Drix

Drix looked Minotaur over before looking to the goat man. "It as my good friend, Fabian, said. We are from Sigvold and I'm Drix Drake owner of the many shops of Brawler's Street" Drix said turning and pointing the direction of their city. "We were sent here to form trade and to get information on this area. We ended up here... by accident you see" Drix added before walking forward to the goat man. "So I would be happy to trade some of my goods for information and knowledge..." Drix said before thinking on what Rex said about and smirked. "Or if my goods aren't enough perhaps we could come at a deal for our services in dealing with any hostile creatures in the area for information. We have has mainly powerful fighters and forces to deal with such problems." Drix said pointing to the damaged wall. "So what to do you say mr...?" Drix ended hinting in wanting to know the goat man name and putting his hand out to shake.
HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest Mekuto Mekuto Petroshka Petroshka

Mikazuchi Niiko
Recon Mission
"I'm sure the Mistress knows what to do, Niiko. Just relax and enjoy the outdoors." Sanzo idly stated as he stared up into the cold sky. The calm doppleganger who simply laid on the rock was a far-cry to the jittery and nervous kitsune who was nibbling her nails as she looked at the village via her scrying spell. Her emotional state being in such a mess that she missed when a few of Sigvold's Great Lords just trod pass the rock on their way to the village she was looking over.

"I'm just worried that I made a mistake somewhere, Sanzo... You know that the Mistress doesn't forgive any mistakes...." Niiko sniffled as she continued her observation of the village. The kitsune's attention was currently on the small gathering of beastmen around the aged goatman. Having no doubt that he was someone important in the village but couldn't help but check on the sole human in the village. Her mind went through various theories on why she was there. Ranging from being a kindly woman who offered her services to someone helping out of gratitude from the beastmen saving her from whatever calamity they managed to repel and even to her being some sort of slave. Still, those are just thoughts she kept to herself. In her musing, she noticed a flurry of activity and jumped slightly. Shifting her view point multiple times until it came upon.... Wait.... What?

"..... Is that.... Lord Drix...? And Lord Fabian? And.... Oh ahaha! Its Lord Rex and his funny mask too! Come see, Sanzo! Looks like the other Lords have started diplomacy." Niiko giggled at the odd sight and especially at some of their disguises, clearly some of them tried hard but its almost obvious to her as to who is who. But as she felt some amusement at seeing their disguises, she wondered why did Nyamiko tell her and Sanzo to stand back and let them handle it? Did she not trust them well enough? Or was she stopped? Those questions rolled around her mind as she continued her observation of the village. Maybe she'll get some answers soon.

Yoshiwara District
Secret Meeting (Prelude)
"....... Clean snow..." Ichi muttered as he finished sweeping up the entrance to Yoshiwara and taking a break by peering off towards the sky. Ever since hearing what his Mistress said, its all he can ever think about. 'Its been awhile since I've seen such clean snow', those words rolled around in his head and it made him wonder what exactly did Nyamiko mean. Thinking back, all he ever knew was maybe the snowy period in their old world, when it would be a little festive too. Now its snowing during what should be the spring. Still, he's not complaining. Cold weather means free reign to the inn's onsen every evening and a good soak with a drink always lifted his spirits. If anything, the cold weather also gave him an excuse to set out Nyamiko's fancier kimono.

"HOOOO! WE HAVE A VISITOR COMING FROM UP HIGH." Go's thunderous voice rang out from his 'watchtower', the highest room of the inn, followed by a gong as he struck the thing once as per orders every time a visitor approached via physical means instead of teleporting. A cute idea but Ichi was more looking forward to the visitor's reactions than anything. Putting the broom aside, he smoothened out his kimono and awaited the guest. To his surprise, it was Selvernas who came flying rather then via teleport as Nyamiko predicted. He awaited for her to land before bowing politely.

"I humbly welcome you to Yoshiwara, Lady Selvernas. Ane-, I mean, Lady Nyamiko has been expecting you. Follow me." Ichi politely greeted and gestured for Selvernas to follow. Sliding open the front doors, Ichi lead Selvernas through the almost labyrinthine hallways of the inn before stopping by a specific door and sliding it open to reveal a modest looking dining area. Shiny, polished ashen tables were set in a symmetrical pattern and adorned with a simple vase holding a single sakura branch in full bloom. At the back held the kitchen and a set of stairs led to the upper levels of the inn. Ichi lead Selvernas to the largest of the tables at the center of the dining room and pulled out a chair, checking it for dust before offering her a seat.

"I'll inform Lady Nyamiko that you have arrived. It'll only take a moment." Ichi bowed before leaving Selvernas and heading up the set of stairs. The dining room was silent except for the fair sounds of something boiling in the kitchen. A faint aroma of tea can be smelt along with something sweet. It seems Yonju is working a little extra hard today in the kitchens. Out of sight until its time to bring out whatever the guests requested.
Petroshka Petroshka

Naho Village

The goat man narrowed his eyes at strange people unsure of what to think. "You may call me Sall, i lead the people of Naho Village." He gestured to the people and the walls he stood upon. "How did your 'spire' appear? it wasn't there before." The second mention of spire and city gave the people pause, the gifts, trading for 'information' it all seemed too good, was it trickery? "What kind of information are you seeking?" The minotaur spoke echoing the others thoughts making Sall give him a glance before looking back at the strange ones. The other villagers seemed to glare with uncertainly with past experiences behind their back they remembered how the spawnlings had used the voices of their fallen ones to lure people out of the walls. For all they know these people might be spawnlings in disguise, although the sudden appearance of the large tower placed those thoughts in doubt.

Yoshiwara District

When Caveria reached the Yoshiwara District after flying around for about a minute or so both getting used to flying and finding her barrings looking for the district the landing went without a hitch , as if she had done it hundreds of times before. Exhaling once her feet touched ground she looked around taking in the soft lights of the Nyamiko's custom place she had built, it felt a little homey... Maybe everyone should visit this place every once and a while. Shaking her head to get rid of those thoughts she refocused herself on why she was there, to meet Nyamiko, where was she? Just as she was about to go off looking for her one of her npc's came up to her telling her Nyamiko was waiting somewhere. When he fumbled on Nyamiko's name it made Caveria smirk slightly and followed him through the building. After many turns and doors she was starting to question how anyone got around that is until they got to a peculiar room with nothing but a few tables "interesting..."

When Ichi pulled out a chair for her she followed suit sitting in the seat and watching him leave the room. Soon after that she got a message from Kafka of all people about a 'grave encounter'. "What? what happened? are you okay?" Kafka's voice seemed normal so it shouldnt have been something too worrisome but any encounter should worry her, she was after all the leader and responsible for letting her go off on her own. "what do you mean if its fine? of course it is." She was slightly taken aback by Kafka's words, why did she think she needed permission to come back to sigvold?

Wandering Grim Hollow Wandering Grim Hollow @Beto

Rex was growing slightly concerned that neither of his compatriots had given much urgency to the concept of an unknown enemy stalking the woods. "Sall we do not know where we are or how we have come to be here, those answers may not satisfy you but it is the truth." Rex then turned his attention to the minotaur, "the only information I seek at this moment is, what is out there? My allies are searching the area surrounding our home and now I see that there is an enemy of which we know nothing about. You do know trust us, and our suspicious of our gifts, fine, but would not warn a traveler new to these lands of the danger within these woods? Would you reject us and let us wonder off into these woods unknowingly to our deaths." Rex stopped and chuckled softly as he had amused himself, "we will not beg if you will not believe us and will not speak of what haunts these woods then say it now so that I can stop wasting my time." Rex had spoken in a level voice throughout, but it was one of steel and made it clear that he meant what he had said.

HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest Petroshka Petroshka ChazGhost ChazGhost

Naho Village
Sall looked reacted to the main riding a large wolf by looking upwards slightly contemplating the mans words trying to find any whiff of deception, but after hearing him out he had made up his mind. "hmmmm" Stroking his beard he walked back quickly becoming hidden behind the crowd that was on the walls. "Open the gates!" The crowd looked at each other for a second, confused but did what the old man had told them to. The wooden gates slowly opened to reveal the oldman who was a lot taller than he seemed being about the mid 6ft's, walking out toward the caravan alone he had a long staff with him glaring at everyone. "i may have information you seek, allow my people to browse your wares and i will answer any questions to the best of my abilities." He walked up to what he presumed was the ringleaders of this caravan they had, on closer inspection one could see his left hand had been scorched but has sense healed enough.
Mekuto Mekuto HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest ChazGhost ChazGhost

With Sanguis takeing the front and Shizira taking the right it meant the left flank was his job. With his bow in hand an an arrow already drawn from his quiver he followed the two of them staying in formation. The broken weapons and strewn corpses around the town. There was definitely a large battle here, one of mighty proportions. What if this was the work of another player back when this was a game. Maybe it was just before the server shut down and someone decided to go on a killing spree. This is just the remnants of the massacre that they left behind. As entertaining of an idea as that was Oswald had no way to be sure. He had no idea where in the world they were nor how much time had passed since the game closed. Maybe the game took place in the past, the future, or maybe it had only been a few days since the games closure. He could save thinking about his theory for later. Now he needed to focus.

Before pointing Shizira pointed them out Oscar had noticed them as well. They seemed unnatural and out of place. When the half dragon asked his opinion "What ever they are they seem out of place. I can't say anymore without closer inspection." was his reply. Instead of having to go investigate himself Shizira went over to one. As she did he knocked his arrow and drew back the bowstring watching his flank very carefully for movement. When the rocks started to move and the screaming began Oscar knew that they had stepped on one hell of a landmine.

Droping to one knee and holding his bow sideways he whispered the phrase "Peirce through my foes" and his bow glowed a dark green in response as he loosed the arrow. As he loosed the arrow he activated the skill Full bend. A shot that fired useing the full strength of the bow and was meant to pierce through heavily armored targets. Immediately after the arrow loosed he reached back and grabbed an arrow that seemed to have 20 small barbs attached to it. Activating the skill spread shot he fired the arrow and as it left the bow the barbs split from the arrow creating a scatter shot into the on coming horde.

Drix

"It's a honor to meet you Sall" Drix said before Rex chimed in and convinced the villagers to start giving them information and let them into the village. Drix patted Rex on the back after he speech proved to be a success. "Excellent, you won't regret this Sall." Drix said the village leader before turning around to his golems merchants. "You heard the man. Start setting up shop. Make sure provide good deals and service to these find people" Drix said happily clapping his hands together. With that said the golems began setting up tables and moving the goods onto them. "My merchants will set up tables and happily show off there goods to your fine people. So we can get to business and talk. Lead on and we'll follow you into your village" Drix said as his golem went to work.

The golems tried place out the more affordable the items they on the table while also having a few higher end goods to draw attention. "We are open ladies and gentlemen. If anything if of interest of you please let us know" the lead golem stated before smiling and bowing as the other golems began trying to sell their goods to those of the village who came over to view there goods.
Petroshka Petroshka Mekuto Mekuto HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest

Voided_Rift

Barely avoiding the looks he got Void went to deconstruct the many pillars of gold before him, then a reminder crossed his mind as he looked at Greer’s... face. He’d just use an extremely useful skill, and by its simplicity it definitely wasn’t above 1st tier. Focusing on none else but the coins, he reached into a corresponding rift in the atmosphere to take out a wooden scepter with a large ruby colored globe held tight in its root-like grasp. “In Black And White...” Taking a chance the thing glowed as he swung his raised hand down, fingers outstretched toward the stacks. Hmmm.... Quietly hoping it worked he strained his mana points to reuse the telekinetic approach Greer used with the gold. Guess today is not my day.The glowing coming to a sad end, the young canine boy sat back in his seat, the black hole going away once more, scepter along with it.

The meeting came to a point where the guild’s members were leaving and after listening to the back-and-forth they all had, Void decided on not only renewing his promise to stay calm, but accepting the feelings everyone else had on the situation, which interested him even more in joining Fabian and Drix on their quest to the village. Being one of the remaining in the room, he flicked the last of his coins into the air before catching it back. Heads, alright then. Disappearing through the main doors he strolled towards the snow covered desk in the distance, his fur fighting the cold and his face unaffected. Suddenly the time he’d taken in his character creation was one of the greatest things he’d to be thankful for, the unique seemingly random combination of races already serving a purpose.

Resting a hand upon the magenta colored magic circle, he closed his eyes as the mana embed within poked at him as bright light. “Void you finally made it, welcome back!” “Where the heck were you?? You know you had people worried right, and that’s not funny so I don’t want to see that stupid grin of yours!” Reaching a state of mind he admired the new surrounding area; the radiance of light ever present, just shining down on the many a bladed weapon stabbed in the dirt brown ground. “Hey I’m talking to you, I don’t like that look you have right now!” Void really felt the transition, the warmth provided by his body now adjusting to the new area, tears now forming in his eyes. “Is he ignoring me?” “I believe he’s taking in the sights of our jobs well done Lucid, you should appreciate this a lot more as the one in charge.” “Yeah but...—“ Right then, a pale hand held his cheek as he looked up at Xelinith. “You’re sweating, you alright?” “Kinda... I’m sorry for not—“ Without warning he felt the embrace of his ‘sister’, the family he made filling his watery vision.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------A while later, Brawler’s Street-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Geared prepared and ready to go, Void merely peeked at the gathering crew of Fabian and Drix’s. “Looks like they weren’t fooling around all this time.” Smirked Void, his companion standing behind him. After the exchange between the two men, they followed suit with their envoys and trod for the village, Void and Xelinith close behind. The forest was the perfect cover, their tracks the only thing making their presences visible as Void went from tree branch to tree branch, the Spellblade managing to keep up. Little while later the large party grew, as somewhere along the line Rex had already caught up. At first sight of the river, Void looked down at his comrade; she seemed fine overall, the distance hardly phasing her. A smile came back as he just peeped Fabian adding the final touches on his almighty bridge; Void really wanted to cross it.

Lingering more than he should have on the wondrous ice sculpture, Void got to the village when everyone was just entering, looked like he missed all the important bits. “Looks like your fellow masters have already gained access.” A nod in reply, Void strode towards the open gates, the village folks each taking turns at his appearance. “Think they’re really fine with us being here?” Asked the young werewolf. Eyeing their actions and behaviors, Xelinith lightly scanned the area, she understood how they much they were risking with letting the group inside, and pardoned any harmless suspicious movements. “Imagine yourself in their place Void, then you’ll grasp the reality of our visit.” “Ahhhh.... So, no?”

Resisting the urge to wander off, especially after what he just told Xelinith, Void went to the new hotspot where his guildmates had their... golems, set up shop. “Hey guys, looks like you got everything under control so far.” Cheered Void, Xelinith now moving to take a gander at the weapons herself. “Brought a few player items with me in case, you know—“ He gestured around him. “This happened, heh.”

Petroshka Petroshka ChazGhost ChazGhost HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest Mekuto Mekuto

Last edited:
Rex nodded as Sall walked out to meet them, sighing inwardly with relief that his bravado hadn't prevented forming ties with the village, "that would've been an uncomfortable conversation," he spoke to himself as he dismounted the great white wolf. As he approached Sall he positioned his right hand that was holding the spear behind his back. His great beast remained where he had left it, sniffing the air and pawing the ground lightly.

"Thank you for your trust," Rex spoke to Sall and inclined his head slightly, "the enemy that threatens this village what can you tell me of them? Their numbers, goals, fighting ability, their strengths and weaknesses, anything that you know of them. Knowledge is more precious than gold and more deadly than the keenest blade."

Petroshka Petroshka ChazGhost ChazGhost HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest Astralworks Astralworks

Nemo, Pandemona and Demonbane

"Nemo-sama, do I really need to wear this?" Pandemona asked. She was dressed in a frilly blue dress.
"Yes. It is necessary for our plan."
"Boo!"
"The way you are now, you are necessary for this plan Pandemona. It is something only you can do."
"E-eh, if you say it like that..." she bushed and started fidgeting.

Cuteness can end wars. My trump card.

"Demonbane, you will stay hidden in her shadow for now."
"Understood."

The plan was simple. The "harmless" Lilith (Pandemona) would go around and "play" (gather information), while Nendo (Nemo) would act as a memeber of the envoy. And Demonbane... he was just there. As an assurance. Now, some of the members where already there, so why would Nemo just appear out of nowhere like that, if it meant suspicion on behalf of the goatmen? Well...he had a way.

[Nexus Ego] was basically the magic [Fly] with a few improvements as those that stayed close to Nemo could fly with him as well. So he flew with the two demons, Demonbane was out of Pandemona's shadow because he couldn't stay in it while at that altitude, but invisible due to one of his skills. Once he reached close to the village he descended. Demonbane got back in Pandemona's shadow and she used a cash item to hide her horns.

[Time Acceleration] Nemo briefly accelerated his own movements to great lengths.
[Fiery Outburst] Pandemona buffed herself for gretly increased speed.

And so, they bypassed everyone until they where in front of the elder goatman and near Rex.

[Tranquility Aura] one of his Tai Chi Adept skills. An AoE aura that, like the name implied, caused peace and tranquility in one's soul. It was generally to eliminate aggresiveness from monsters so they would not attack, but Nemo used it so that there would be no commotion.

"We thank you for your kindness. I am Nendo, leader of the defensive force. I came here in peace as a member of the envoy. And this here is Lilith, niece of our leader, or queen if you may. She's... just here to play." said Nemo, displaying a laidback attitude.

Nemo-sama, if these people prove hostile afterwards, can I crush them?
No.

@Beto Gravitational Force Gravitational Force ChazGhost ChazGhost HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest Nastarial Nastarial Dante Verren Dante Verren ThePerpetualShadow ThePerpetualShadow Petroshka Petroshka Astralworks Astralworks Wandering Grim Hollow Wandering Grim Hollow

https://www.rpnation.com/rating/list?content_type=post&content_id=9035236&rating_type_category_id=1

Sanguis walked in front of the two archers, with Shizira on his right and Oswald on his left. His helmeted head swivelled like a turret, taking in every little detail. The once-settlement had obviously been rotting away for sometime now, covered in a blanket of snow and forgotten by the outside world. Had any survived this attack?

He noticed the frozen corpse of what appeared to be a human child, her arms wrapped around her small frame and her knees drawn tight to her chest. As he passed the frozen body, he realised that he felt…nothing. Not even a scrap of sympathy or sadness. Not even anger either. He felt pure indifference.

“Hold up”

He stopped at Shizira’s words, looking up to see more corpses lying scattered through the snow-covered streets. There was evidence of a fight here. Discarded weapons, some corpses clad in chainmail and leather armour. It looked like that they population had put up a fight.

"Place looks to have dead humans and beastmen. Guess it was a mixed community”
Shizira spoke softly, glancing around at the bodies.

It was then that Connor noticed something strange directly ahead of them. Rocks? No, surfaces were far too smooth. In fact, if it wasn’t for the colour he would pass them off as lumps of snow. They were entirely out of place here.
“What do you two make of this?” Evidently Shizira had noticed them too.

“Whatever they are they seem out of place. I can't say anymore without closer inspection” Oswald shrugged, holding his bow in a ready stance.

Connor was about to suggest that he check it out, but Shizira beat him to the punch, even driving a throwing dagger into the ‘snow’. Which was proven to not be snow when blood started flowing from where she had stabbed it.

The half-dragon bounded back to join the two, drawing her bow with a dragon’s interpretation of a smile on her face as she strung an arrow. “Something’s still around here. Guess we’re lucky, huh?”

Connor was about to reply, when a high pitched whistle emitted from the ‘rock’ that Shizira had stabbed. This noise, like the noise of an alarm clock spread through out the street. The not-rocks shivered and vibrated in time with the noise.
Then, a great shriek split the air from further ahead, overriding the lesser noises. It seemed to be a signal. The ‘rocks’ came to life as one revealing their true forms. Ugly, misshapen lumps of flesh and bone with oval-shaped mouths that were filled with razor sharp teeth, as well as tentacles and limbs tipped with bone.

There were different types. Some were more humanoid with long bone blades attached to the ends of their arms. Some appeared more like flesh trees, with tentacle branches and bony leaves. A smaller number were large, lumbering beasts, with carapace like armour sprouting from their skin and massive pincers that looked like they could crush a man in full armour with ease.

They came from every nook and cranny of the ruined town. A flood of killing machines, roars and shrieks overlapping one another as they charged. They had but one target. The three adventurers who had dared enter their domain.

Any sane person would have screamed like a little girl and fled the scene as fast as they possibly could.

Yet, the players of Insomania were not sane at all.

Connor faced the oncoming horde with a smile on his face.

There was only one thing he could say.

“Finally” He muttered under his breath before exploding into action.
The closest creature, the one that Shizira had stabbed leaped forwards, teeth ready to bite.
Connor struck first.

Lifedrinker cleaved through the abomination’s flesh as easily as it would paper. The crimson blade let out a sound that might have been a gleeful cackle as it fed on the life essence of the creature. It fell, bisected in half from top to bottom.

Two more immediately took its place. This time Connor went for a horizontal swing, the creature’s bodies offering no resistance to the blade as it cut through one and then into the other. Red light seeped from the falling bodies and flowed into the blade, which made more satisfied noises.

“Come you maggots” Connor called out to the horde, activating one of his skills, called Taunt. “Come and die by my hands like the dogs you are!”

The skill had the desired effect. In truth, Connor had no idea if it would work, seeing as these things didn’t seem very intelligent. Nonetheless, the few that were targeting his guildmates turned to him as the new focus of their aggression. He welcomed them all.

“Let them come!” He thought as he hacked his way through their ranks. “I’ll slaughter them all!”

[class=dualBorder]background: black; border: solid 4px gray[/class]
[class name=dualBorder state=hover]background: black; border: solid 4px gold[/class]
[div class=dualBorder]
Shizira
Alyssa Morrow

Secretly sleeping until the time comes...
...Becoming the 'definition' of withered, what do I wish for?

GROSS, was the only thing Alyssa could think when the creatures started to awaken and swarm. It was here that she took to the skies again, providing the best vantage point for covering fire. Again she activated Eagle Eye, but combined it's effects with Death From Above. With the added accuracy and damage buff, she could begin her volley of arrows while ensuring Sanguis and Oswald didn't become overwhelmed. The sheer number of these things were unexpected, a veritable mini-horde. Still, they fell to arrow and blade alike.

Alyssa debated on whether she should scorch any on the outer perimeter, but glancing at Sanguis, thought better of it as she continued to let her arrows fly. She didn't want to make the field of battle a hazard for either of her comrades. So instead, she turned to one of the larger creatures - a mass of tentacles and teeth. She grinned at the disgusting thing, activating one more skill: Overdraw. It was another damage buff, but needed a few seconds to fully activate. Notching two arrows, she drew back as far as she normally did and then further, almost to the point where her bowstring could snap when she felt her skill ping. She watched her projectiles went straight through the creature. They obviously didn't have much in way of physical protection. But then again, they did make the mistake of trying to play with three level one-hundred veterans.

Eventually, the battle came to a close, the men picking off the last stragglers as she rejoined them on the ground. It had been a nice fight, lasting what she figured was several minutes, though hardly due to any sort of difficulty. Corpses, true corpses now, littered the area.
"Well," Alyssa said slowly, "that was invigorating. How do you two feel?"

I've already lost it, but the pain, it let me flap my wings...
Into Fate, solve the puzzle and bask in the sun
Dante Verren Dante Verren ThePerpetualShadow ThePerpetualShadow
[/div]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back