• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

OVERCAST [Zombie Survival/Group Management] *DMed Roleplay*

Lorsh

Varlot
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Ambience

pb6KbqZ.png

Click for the Map

Click for Virus Info

OVERCAST

It has been many years since the first widespread outbreak of Reanimatory Necrosis. As if the bloodthirsty sickly types weren't already enough to deal with, desperation is slowly driving more survivors to turn on each other as well. You have come to be the leader of a group of uninfected people that have been stranded in this forsaken province, abandoned by the authorities long ago. Some people believe it's possible that the government continues to exist in a secluded location, but one thing is for certain; they're not going to be much help, even if that's true. There are no evacuation points, no known functioning military facilities, and no hope of rescue. You and your people only have one goal, survive.

Basically, you are a leader of a community in a post-apocalyptic, zombie-infested world, fifteen years after the outbreak. This community may be a regular settlement, a gang of bandits, cannibals, or even a zombie-worshiping death cult. As the leader, you must make decisions for this community, expanding and protecting it. You also have to look out for your own skin, because if your character dies, or is ousted from their position as leader, it counts as a game-over.
  • Thread-wise, this is 1x1. However, this doesn't mean that cross-thread interaction can't occur with other potential players, assuming your groups aren't on opposite sides of the map. Still, expect this to be 1x1, with me essentially DMing. I will be controlling the world, environment, infected and NPC groups, as well as the problems and scenarios that you'll have to react to. I decide the outcomes of your decisions using logic and occasionally dice.
  • Aside from your own character, you do not control any NPCs; you lead them. The NPCs all have distinct personalities.
  • This roleplay takes place in a fictional universe, specifically in a Western-style country called the Central Republic. Do not reference brands, people, or places from the real world. Ask me if you have any questions.
  • If you decide to personally accompany your survivors in the field (for example, during a scavenging run or battle), they will likely benefit from your presence. However, you have the possibility of getting killed. If your leader character dies, then the RP ends.
  • Time goes by at various speeds. You can lapse into "character mode" where you actually play around ICly if you want. Otherwise, you can do things from "command mode" where you can give orders and get results relatively quickly.
  • I'll only do a few of these roleplays. They take awhile to set up. I can't stop you from poofing for no reason, but uh... y'know, it'd be cool if you didn't.
  • Do NOT peek on any other active Overcast threads. I'll be able to tell if anyone is metagaming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back