• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

OVERCAST: Prater's Rebellion

"Uh... like... I got drafted. They forced me to do it."

Travis rolls his eyes. "They don't conscript women. She's lying."

"Okay, fuck- I still didn't have much choice. My home got destroyed in the fighting, I had nowhere to go. It was either enlist, or become some looter fuck, or a whore. And besides, I'm not part of the NPA. I'm just part of the army, yeah?"

"You bear the same flag as the Provos do up in Parliament yet you still say you aren't apart of the NPA? Tell me, Rachel, would you discard that uniform in return for rags and an assault rifle to fight against the tyrants who have plagued this nation?" Prater asks.

Rachel sniffles again. "I mean... I..." She begins to shiver, as if she thinks she's really going to get killed over her responses now, since she realizes she's not a good liar. "I mean... can they even be beaten? What if they send in reinforcements from the east? Then it'd be all over," she says.

"They can't move an army across the DZ," Luke Holloway says. "Planes and choppers maybe, but still."

Shadwell shrugs. "Yeah, but still... what happens if you guys win? The buffer zone is wrecked. The zombies are gonna get in, we're all gonna die anyway."

Travis seems to growl. "If we can defeat the entire NPA military in this sector, then we can deal with a few zombies after the fact," he says.

"Would you rather trudge along for a tyrant who wouldn't care if you died tomorrow even though we're all marching towards impending doom or would you rather be out in the streets fighting for a free nation and dying so another child won't have to become an orphan? We're here to restore. A phoenix from the ashes."

Rachel just laughs, though at the same time it looks like she might be about to burst into tears. "I-I don't wanna fight for anyone anymore." She takes a deep breath. "I just saw all my friends get eaten alive... or blown up. Please, just let me go."

"Huh... what's that mean?" she asks. Then she blinks a few times. "Oh, fuck... just shoot me now if you're going to make me some kind of 'comfort' woman."

Travis snickers.

"No, child. You know who to decode NPA messages. What if I locked you up in a room and just had you decode messages, with you constantly flipping through frequencies that you know that consistently chatter on?"

"I wouldn't be able to live with myself- you'd be able to go out there and just wipe out more soldiers," she murmurs.

"Would rather have your life and not be able to live with yourself or die and have had served no purpose in this world?"

"I don't know. Good question?" she mutters, averting her gaze. "Will it be quick?" She sniffles again. "I mean... you could still let me go, yeah?"

Prater gestures to Travis that of tying a knot, insinuating to put the blindfold on Rachel. After the blindfold is wrapped tightly, gag her with some sort of fabric. Then bring her out to the middle of the Nursery, on the walk, Prater puts the bullets back into his revolver.

Shouting as loud as possible, "Brothers! Sisters! This is one of the scum that serves those tyrant fucks in Parliament! Spit on her I beg of you, for a spit on her is a spit on all the NPA, damn them all to Hell!" Prater says, and then proceeds to spit on her.

Shadwell is blindfolded and has an old piece of cloth stuffed in her mouth to keep her from speaking anything beyond a muffle. Then, she is dragged outside, back over to the old rendezvous point, where your rebels are riled up by your speech. People pass by, spitting on Shadwell as she lies curled up on the ground in humiliation. Many insults, and even a few small rocks, and hurled towards her. Most of Miranda's squad also participates, but she stays behind.

Have two militiamen force her to her knees.

"For being one with the entity who murdered our brothers, we are here to exact revenge. May your soul burn for eternity," Prater says, cocking the revolver and then putting it to the back of her head. He squeezes. Her brains paint the soil beneath her.

"For Centralia!"

After the humiliation of the NPA captive is over, two of your men force her upright. Her expression can't be seen, as she's blindfolded and unable to speak. You then shoot her in the back of the head with your .38 calibre revolver.
zp9cu76.png

Some of your militia cheer out after you shoot the woman dead, others remain silent, probably more pitiful of her.

Once that's all said and done though, Charlie Ross gives you a list of the supplies they managed to recover from the dismantled outpost.

3XxVneO.png

(holy fekking loot)

Prater calls over Miranda, "How do you want to divvy this up? How about I give you a few government carbines, a couple nine millimeter pistols, and a burst rifle?"

"I'd say... sure, but I'm still waiting on a reply from my commanders," Miranda says. "Shouldn't take long though. In the meantime, we should secure the perimeter in case any more zombies or soldier show up," she says, before telling her men to stop screwing around and take up watch positions.

Keep the previously mentioned weapons and a handful of other stuff back just in case the Masons want to barter. Meanwhile, have the rest of the militiamen pile the stuff up in the trucks and haul it off back to the compound, making sure no one's trailing them. Remaining idling militiamen are to form a defensive perimeter around the nursery.

After Miranda speaks briefly on her radio, she writes down the frequency of a secure channel for you to speak to Mason's Rebellion, should you ever feel the need. She tells you that the only thing her group really needs are maybe 200 rations, the radio pack, and the aforementioned guns you offered. She said her superiors believe you deserve the rest. "Sound like a good deal?" she asks. "Our group's a little big, so we need food pretty importantly."

"Sorry. No-can-do on the radio pack. You said you need food, right? How about 250 rations, 3 government carbines, 2 9mm pistols, and 1 burst rifle instead?" Prater asks. The radio was a necessity if he was to set up outposts throughout Centralia.

"Well, okay, that works," Miranda says, accepting your offer of more food for the radio pack. "Anything else to discuss?"

Your men begin to load up your captured supplies.

5eiuZPd.png

"I've nothing else to discuss unless you do. I look forward to speaking with Mason over the radio," Prater says, offering his hand for a handshake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back