• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Overcast: Outbreak [bobgod]

Lorsh

Varlot
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
ZwqtlNB.png

Name: Trevor Mackey
Hair Length: Short
Hair Colour: Black
Height: 5'11
Body type: Average
Skin: White
Clothes: Typically wears hoodies, random t-shirts, jeans, and work boots, or running shoes. Wears an Atkins Motors baseball cap with grease stains.

Trevor's Inventory
-Ballcap, sunglasses, medical mask, hoodie, long-sleeved shirt, dirtbike armpads, cargo pants, dirtbike kneepads, steel-toed boots [Worn]
-Pocket pistol (8/8) [Weapon]
-Pocket pistol magazines (0/8) (8/8) [Car dash]
-Hunting knife [Sheath]
-Mobile phone [Pocket]
-Lighter [Pocket]
-Cigarette pack [Pocket]
-Wallet [Pocket]
-$995.00 [Wallet]

Midnight
-3x empty fuel cans
-3x pairs of shoes
-3x T-shirts
-3x trousers
-3x underwear
-3x socks
-First aid kit
-Hand sanitizer [FAK]
-Tweezers [FAK]
-Surgical scissors [FAK]
-Medical mask [FAK]
-Medical gloves [FAK]
-Eye dressing [FAK]
-Gauze roll [FAK]
-Cough drops [FAK]
-Fever medicine [FAK]
-Hemorrhoid suppositories [FAK]
-Toolbox
-Small wrenches
-Screwdriver
-Tape measure
-Pliers
-Utility knife
-Safety goggles
-Lubing grease
-Duct tape

[Toolbox]
-Cardboard box
-3x water bottles [Boxed]
-3x canned beer [Boxed]
-20x snacks [Boxed]

IC below
TrevorApartment.png

4:07 AM
Central Republic
Chanceton Province
Gasner City

You wake up in your cot at four in the morning, roused from your sleep from a loud noise outside. You hear the sound of a car alarm going off in the street, as well as some other faint sounds of ruckus.

The situation doesn't sound very good out there. You remember seeing on the television yesterday that there was some sort of deadly sickness going around, and that riots were starting to occur.

On your nightstand, you still have that stuff the health officials gave you a day prior.
q7uGhrq.png

144405.jpg
Your "apartment" has the essentials, although it's really just a garage in one of the more industrial areas of the city. You have a simple place to sleep, and a small bathroom. It's mostly a garage, where you keep your tools, mechanical stuff, and your beloved Atkins Sprinter.

WOmkIQs.png

You're in your sleepwear at the moment, but there are several items that are readily accessible, such as your mobile phone, lighter, wallet, and clothing drawers. You also can search your residence for other basic items you may want.

Last edited:
A faint light flickered within the small makeshift apartment that housed Trevor Mackey. Rolling out of his cot as he had hundreds of times before Trevor stretched a moment before bending over and turning a switch on a bit of electrical cord, illuminating the storage room turned home with various bulbs and flood lights. The concrete floor felt cold to his bare feet, the time unknown to him.

Grabbing from his bedside table, a stool he picked up on the curb, Trevor flipped open his phone, the time shining up to him from the slightly cracked screen from when he dropped it one night while making a drug drop.

4:07 AM

Damn... is it really that early? I guess going to sleep half way through the day does that... guess I should get dressed and look out side the window.

Walking over to a pile of clean clothes, Trevor picked through them, finding a pair of jeans and a tshirt that seemed decent. Next he found a pair of socks, then laced up his old running shows.

Guess I should check on this disease stuff... I didn't even check for any instant messages on my mobile... Hope I didn't miss a deal.

Shifting over to a table full of old computers hes salvaged for parts, some for himself, others to sell, Trevor powered up his machine, a humble computer made for GoodChat and Listing sights for car parts. While his computer booted up Trevor looked outside, down the alley towards the road, hoping to see what the commotion was about.

Your abode is illuminated with the flick of a switch.

The alley is gravelly and dark, devoid of life except for the moths near your window and a black cat prowling about.

You see that there's been a car wreck outside, between a minivan and a truck. There's also a vehicle alarm blaring; someone must have also clipped something that was parked by the curb. You hear a brief argument outside, people yelling and screaming about their vehicles. But then, after about a minute or two, all the voices are gone. They just left their cars out in the open for some reason, and just disappeared down the street on foot.

Your computer drones on for awhile before finally starting. Your connection's a bit wonky at first, but it still appears to be in working order.

Trevor opened his usual websites. First Goodchat, where he'd look quickly scan his messages, sending a few hellos to his usual groups and friends, typically racers, and other car modders, as well as people who'd buy his stuff, be it computer parts, car parts, or drugs. Then he'd scan through news, reading some forum sites, before going on a couple listing sites looking for stuff to buy and sell. Just general web surfing.

Grabbing a bag of chips he had wrapped up besides his keyboard Trevor began munching down, adding more grease to his already crappy keyboard.

Music

You check your city's most popular news website. The sickness you heard about the other day is still causing problems, it seems. People are getting killed, and the authorities are having trouble dealing with the crisis.

tlSVfOZ.png

After signing onto GoodChat, you notice that your herbal narcotics supplier, Gent, sent you a message. Apparently he's not going to be around anymore, and something bad happened to a few of your acquaintances/customers.

◄ ► | X | HOME
:
WELCOME TO GOODCHAT!
PLEASE FOLLOW ALL RULES AND CONTACT AN ADMINISTRATOR IF YOU NEED ASSISTANCE!!

PRIVATE CONVO WITH: Agentleman (Offline) [Last message posted 2 hours ago]

Agentleman: Hey man i wont be around for a bit
Agentleman: Im with my mom and were getting out of the province
Agentleman: idk if ill be back but im letting u know. if u need an explanation just look at the news or some shit. also danny, kade and theresa r dead. im out bro cya

Last edited:
◄ ► | X | HOME : WELCOME TO GOODCHAT!
PLEASE FOLLOW ALL RULES AND CONTACT AN ADMINISTRATOR IF YOU NEED ASSISTANCE!!

PRIVATE CONVO WITH: Agentleman (Offline) [Last message posted 2 hours ago] TrevGod: what are u on lol, you're kidding about theresa??? right
TrevGod: hello????

Trevor quickly types back to his narcotics plug, but quickly realizes it's useless after no reply for a couple of minutes. To pass the time Trevor continues researching this so called disease, while also checking offers on car parts, and other mechanical things, such as the stock prices for Motorotive, Atkins Automotive, etc, and playing a couple of basic disc games he got off some old lady selling her sons collection.

Last edited by a moderator:
You don't receive a reply from Gent, because he doesn't come back online. He may have concerns other than GoodChat at the moment.

After browsing on the web, you play Gangs of War for awhile. Some folks have tried to ban it for its violence.

FMrinwv.png

You eventually notice that the government turned off your internet. Gangs of War is single-player anyway, though.

Aqt0B1m.png

This is fucking bullshit. Dumb fucking government thinks they cant block my internet? I've had to deal with this before... hell Gent told me how to get past this shit!

For the next bit of time Trevor spent his time typing commands into his computer console, and following a set of instructions left by his bud Gent to try and get back onto the internet.

Cybera Dev Console CONSOLE PRIVATE CONVO WITH: Agentleman (Offline) Admin:;;>exec internet.nct
Console:!!.running internet.nct

connecting . . .
connecting . . .
connecting . . .
this script was brought to you by . . . xTron
you now appear to be in . . . New Geiser ;;.> 32431

By tricking the internet supplier into believing his computer was in New Gyser, Trevor hoped he'd surpass the firewall, guessing New Gyser was not yet blocked off from their connection.

Last edited by a moderator:
You do your best to try and access the internet again, messing around in the console and trying various tactics. However, the government message keeps popping back up wherever you you try to open a browser. It may be blocked in New Gyser as well.

Cybera Dev Console CONSOLE PRIVATE CONVO WITH: Agentleman (Offline) Admin:;;>exec internet.nct
Console:_

connection failed
this script was brought to you by . . . xTron
you now appear to be in . . . New Geiser ;;.> 32431

The only thing you accomplish is somehow messing up the coding on the image itself, but not the fact that it's an obstacle that's preventing your web access.

3ECInHY.png

Even that fixes itself after an accidental refresh.

Aqt0B1m.png

It appears that the government doesn't want you to have access to the internet right now.

Playing Gangs of War for a little while longer, but eventually quitting due to a difficult level Trevor wished to look up a guide to, he is forced to grab a bit of food, left over sue food he microwaved and ate up really quick. After that Trevor went down stairs, checking his vehicle, looking at a notepad he had been keeping track of his stuff on.

Recent Modifications & Stats

horsepower: 425 maybe a lil more or less? this is just an estimate
tank Capacity: about 16 gals
turbo mileage and stuff: about 4000 miles on it, running good, takes a sec to spool up, but gives good boost, worth the 4k
engine: v8 atkins 2 valve centralian muscle big block with about 68,000 miles on it according to odomoter
tires: new drifto solid tires, pretty good traction, maybe 2200 miles on them? picked them up off some dumb racer i beat.. lol
seats: imported Federates seats from ElúzeCo, stripped back seats for weight reduction
curb weight: just under 3k pounds
sound system: cybera sound stero hooked up to Wub subs
steering wheel: electra driving aftermarket wheel.... thing is a beauty... but no airbag, i dont need 1
helmet: some thing i got cause they force u 2 wear 1 at the track
suspension: hydralic racing suspension from electra, cost 3k but ohwell, can change the suspension really easily
windows: tinted back and side windows, and front window is tinted but less, hard to see in, easy to see out, really nice
color: midnight black, just black
transmission: dropped the stock tranny at about 40k miles, was always the plan, had it for like 28k miles, working good, clutch is in great condition, easy to shift, also have short throw shifter
cosmetics: random bits of interior stuff for comfort and weight reduction, but also some exterior body parts, slighlty larger wing, new rims, also lighter, just whatever, i could name it all off but that shit isnt impoortant
last oil change: about 1200 miles ago , good for another 1800 miles, have enough oil stocked up from when it was on sale
petrol: have a few cannisters i could fill up. apparently its getting more expensive with the damn commies and fascists doing stupid shit

2xZe8n1.png

After reading through his list Trevor set it down, admiring his vehicle, but only for a moment, before walking outside through the side door, leaving the garage down, wandering down towards the earlier commotion.

After briefly checking up on the specs and notes on your beloved Centralian muscle car, you head out your side door, which leads into the alley next to your house. From there, you have a clear view of the street. From there, you can see the two cars that got in the wreck. They look damaged beyond any reasonable level of repair, and don't look operable. There's some blood, suggesting someone was injured, but not severely. The people, as you know already, have just left the area entirely.

Your phone rings. It's a guy you know, Gage. You know him sorta well, but he's not your best friend or anything. You've seen him around

us2mK4z.png

Last edited:
Answering his phone Trevor pokes around the cars, looking through the trunks, glive boxes, etc for money or anything useful... for safe keeping. He takes note of stuff under the hood, and considers siphoning the gas, wouldn't be the first time. He also checks for spare tires, all while listening to the call.

You do a quick search through the interiors of both vehicles and find twenty-four dollars in loose bills and such. You already have ten bucks in your wallet. Other than that, you don't really find anything useful other than a feminine romance novel on the dashboard that someone must have left behind.

After putting your phone to your ear, you hear the voice of Gage.
"Hey man, I was just wondering if you wanted to go to that deal with me. I think it'd be a good time since people seem to be distracted right now, doubt the cops will be around."

Trevor responds, a light hearted happy tone.

"Sure, uhh, should I meet you, or do you wanna come down here? What is even going on? That fuckin hack program you gave me totally failed, couldn't beat some level of Gangs of War cause I had no internet to learn how!"

Walking back tonhis apartment Trevor checked his pockets for a cigarette, remebering he left a pack in his car.

"Hey dude, the system worked for me. You probably just did it wrong. Anyway, I guess they took down the internet, but they'll probably just put it back up tomorrow or some shit. No worries, my man." Gage yawns. "Sarry for calling you at like, four in the morning. Just saw you on GoodChat before you the web went down, knew you were probably up anyway. I'm on Stimpthal[1] right now, glad to know you're wantin' to get shit done. Take advantage of the situation, you know? Fuck. Yeah, I'm just gonna roll up and pick you up, man. Shit, this is cool. Anyway, I'll be there soon."

Behind you, you hear a few more cars driving down the street. They drive up on the sidewalk to get around the crash, and just keep going. People are in a hurry tonight.

You don't have any cigarettes on you, but there's some in your house, no doubt.

[1] Narcotic, similar to adderall

"If we're driving we're not taking your Motorotive piece of shit. Sure they make fast cars, but they aren't strong cars. We'll take Midnight. Cya in a few."

Trevor says, waiting for a response, most likely a "Goodbye". Walking back towards his little abode Trevor looks behind himself, seeing if the commotion is picking up, as the noise caught his free ear.

This shit is really weird. I don't even really know what this sickness does, makes people angry? I think that's what they said. Maybe the commies finally got us with all that shit going on near the border and what not.

Trevor stopped his thinking before he was lost in his ideas, not wishing to fathom conspiracy theories like he always had.

Calling his parents who lived out of town Trevor hoped they'd not say the same thing they'd always did, "No we don't have money for your damn car."

Childhood was nice and lazy for Trevor. He spent his weekends working on an original Atkins Sprinter with his Dad, a car that still sits in their countryside garage, learning all about the mechanical bits and bobs of vehicles, and how to fix them. That was of course before he moved to the city, went to trade school, and started working as a mechanic. And then a drug dealer, cause fixing crappy import cars* driven by moms is shitty.

lTGxyss.png

*Crappy Sue Import car YUCK

Gage bids you farewell, saying that he'll leave his car in your garage if you decide take your own ride to the deal.

You walk back indoors, and make a call to your parents' country home.

Your father answers the phone after you hear the call-progress tone for a few seconds. He sounds highly worried.
"Trevor, where the fuck are you...?"
us2mK4z.png

Last edited:
"Gasner City, where I live and stuff, you guys ok? What's going on with this sickness crap? Oh and uhh, goodmorning."

Trevor says to his father, not used to speaking to them so long.

Grabbing his keys from his pocket Trevor opens the mandoor into his home, then locking it behind him. Opening the seat to his Atkins Sprinter Trevor sits down, grabbing the pack of cigarettes from the dash.

"It's bad, Trevor. Tried calling you earlier, but you must've been asleep. You should come home," your father tells you. "Fuckin' worried about you, kid. Did you even look at the news?"

You sit in the driver's seat of your Central Republican muscle car and retrieve your package of Yellers cigarettes. It is pale yellow in colour, with the company slogan ("So Smooth You'll Yell YELLERS!") on the box, next to the small health warning.

"What do you mean it is bad? What's happening to people? How do I avoid getting sick?"

Trevor inquires, as he gets out of his car, heading upstairs to power down the room, as well as grab his five inch hunting knife, a gift from his dad when he turned 16.

"Surely nothing that old knife you gave me won't protect me from!"

YKG2Xrh.png

Last edited:
You shut your abode's lights off, and grab your knife.

"If you need it, use it,"
your father tells you in reference to the knife. He goes on to tell you what he thinks may be the best bet on avoiding infection. "Put on your mask, and stay away from any assholes that are acting weird. Got it?"

"Roger that, I'll call you in a few, okay? Should I head over to you guys?"

Trevor asks, as he pulls on some old jeans and a tshirt, throwing a hoodie over that, and then his cap. Nearly forgetting his mask Trevor back paces a little, pulling the string, and then sliding it over his mouth. As he walks out the door, Trevor threads his belt through his pants, connecting the sheath so that it rests on his right side, then secure the knife in it.

Stay away from people acting weird. What if they try and talk to me?

You don your medical mask, which will hopefully offer some protection from any contaminated fluids.

Gage pulls up in his red Motorotive after you spend a few more minutes waiting outside. It's still dark, and you can hear distant sirens and car noises deeper in the city. Gage rolls down the window and leans out to speak to you.
"Sup," he says. "Open the garage door?"

Trevor steps back in, pressing a button on the wall, sending the door adjacent to the occupied position open. Waiting for his friend to drive in, Trevor lights up a smoke, inhaling most of it very quickly, coughing slightly, but also enjoying the quick buzz. Placing it in an ashtray on one of his garage counters, Trevor hops in his own ride, unlocking the passenger door with the press of a button, then putting his own keys in the ignition, starting the vehicle, revving it slightly.

"Well, you got the stuff? Where are we going anyway?"

uMpMnO3.png

Gage parks his car in your garage, before stepping out and locking it. He walks over and slips into the passenger's side of your vehicle, yawning. "Yeah, I got the bullshit," Gage tells you as he plays around with the radio before leaving it alone on the song he happens to like. "We're sellin' some of Richard's stuff to the Suds," he says. "Mainly herbals, some stay-awake pills and shit too."

Richard is a friend of Gent or something. Gage sometimes works for him. The Sudosu, sometimes nicknamed "Suds" or "Pseudo-Sues", are immigrants from Oriens that have mostly been trying to get away from the fascists over the years. In Gasner, the Sudosu Mob is comprised of this ethnic group.

"Take us to that yellow StoreCo warehouse off Jesley Drive," Gage tells you as he puts on his seatbelt. You know the location, and it's not that far away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back