• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

[OVA] Player looking for game

Yuel

Knight of Tentacles
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hello. I'm a player looking for OVA games, mainly fantasy stories. I'm also fine with futuristic (space and ships) and urban fantasy (modern settings and people with powers). And magical girls, that generic type where the focus is more on defeating enemies than of teen drama.

No romance. I'm not interested in these kind of roleplays, sorry.

My expectations. As of now I'm looking for a fair GM and a fun game. I'm leaning more on short games.

OVA is a point buy game designed with anime settings and characters in mind. It uses a handful of d6 and a bit of poker logic: if you roll 3 dice and gets 6 4 4 your result will be 8 (4+4) instead of 6.
Example character:
CODE BY SEROBLISS
Yuria
KATANA ARTS USER

Yuria
Health 60 / Endurance 40 (50)
Defense 4

Abilities (+10)
Agile +1
Beautiful +1
Evasive +2
Endurance Use +1 (Moonlight Dancer's Pendant)
Gear +2 (Master's Katana: Attack +2)
Knowledge +1 (Brewing)
Tough +2

Weaknesses (-8)
Infamous -2 (Killed a Friend)
Code of Conduct -1 (Code of Daranian Swordsman)
Dependency -1 (Master's Katana)
Love Magnet -1
Ineptitude -2 (Cooking)
Wanted -1 (Old Dojo)

Attacks Roll 4 DX 1(3)
Slash (Affinity:Slash) Roll 4 DX 1(3)
Blind Bash (Affinity:Blunt, Paralyzing 1, Cancel: Humans -1) Roll 4 DX 1(3) End 0
Sweet Slash (Affinity:Slash, Effective 2, Requirement: Armed Foes -1, Inaccurate -1) Roll 3 DX 3(5) End 0
Cat Craddle (Affinity:Slash, Overwhelming, Accurate 2, Open to Attack) Roll 6 DX 1(3) End 0
Final Cut (Affinity:Slash, Effective 3, No Gesture, Concentration) Roll 4 DX 4(6) End 0

Extra: Kemono
Agile +1
Heightened Senses +1 (Vision, Hearing)

Too busy atm to learn a new system but looks really fun. Hope you find a good group!

Mmm, would be interested in trying something out here. Always a fan of a fistful of d6s.

If it might encourage a GM who is only blocked by being unfamiliar with the system, I would be open to sharing a copy of the rulebook with the ask that you purchase a personal copy should it pique your interest. It's only $15.

I think there is a free SRD available too.

If it might encourage a GM who is only blocked by being unfamiliar with the system, I would be open to sharing a copy of the rulebook with the ask that you purchase a personal copy should it pique your interest. It's only $15.

I think there is a free SRD available too.
There's no SRD for OVA, not even a markdown file with the rules like The Black Hack 2e. You probably got it mixed with the sample character books.

Got a specific story/setting in mind for running this campaign? And will the dice rolls and actions be run on a forum thread or in a chat client like Discord?

Got a specific story/setting in mind for running this campaign? And will the dice rolls and actions be run on a forum thread or in a chat client like Discord?
Nope, I'm open for whatever the GM is cooking up. I'm fine with either here or discord.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back