• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here

JaxbyDaniels

Royal Fool
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Rules: No Godmodding
Be descriptive to the best of your ability, as in try to write at least a paragraph or two for each post. It's not fair if someone writes an incredibly detailed paragraph and you reply with a sentence
Remember, this takes place in the real world, albeit somewhat more technologically advance, so be somewhat realistic, Smartphones and such exist but they’re tailored for the Camp itself meaning you can’t really contact the outside world, there’s a Camp web browser and its own sort of Internet inaccessible from the outside world.
Try to roleplay in third person, it just makes it easier for everyone else to follow
If you have any major ideas for this roleplay send me a message
If English is a second language that's fine but try to make your post understandable to all
Don't create your own Camp lore, Character lore is fine but don't make up history for the camp unless discussed first with me.
Any questions feel free to ask. I will make an OOC and link it up top.

HAVE FUN!

-------

In today's news; a week-long cold-front in the southwestern-most acre has finally passed after a local resident with chilling powers had a violent cold. And; no more waiting in line for a seat at your favorite restaurant? A rumored new camp member who has the ability to make food, out of just about anything. In other news; Deidicus Blair, beloved founder of this camp and hero to us all is being honored today in the main square as a statue of his courageous and inspirational figure will be revealed today. Let's go on the scene with Dust Powers, Dust?

Thank you Vicki, if you look behind me you might recognize the large area that surrounds where I stand as the Main Square of Camp Outcast, what you won't recognize however, is the large covered statue of our founder: Sir Deidicus Blair. After many hours of planning and work, our effervescent camp will now be watched over by our most beloved hero molded completely out of gold mined from our incredibly eager mining corporation; we now have with us the head of that mining organization, Monty "Moleman" Grimes. Monty,
give us an idea of just how much gold this is.

Well Dust, we've actually been planning this for quite some time and gold isn't all that easy to come by, we've had a lot of dangerous journeys to the outside world, which took quite a bit of security and paperwork and even a bit of mind erasing, some mine collapses, long hours and a lot of tears but after ten years we've finally managed to rummage up enough gold for our founder, now some may say it's excessive but I don't think so, after all, we owe our lives to this man, without him my mother would have perished in the cold after being run out of her home by angry townsfolk, and I wouldn't be standing before ya today.

Well thank you Monty, you heard it here folks we ha-What? Is that? Is that the Director? There, coming out of the City Hall! Mr. Director! Mr. Director! Do you have a few words for us about the statue!

I have some place to be if you'll excuse me.

Just a few words! Please Mr. Director! Just give us your thoughts on the statue!

…Long overdue. Now if you'll excuse me.

Mr. Director! Mr. Directo-

*-Click-*

"Thanks, Gramps.” Digby jumped up and off the end of his bed, tossing the remote at his pillows for later use. The thud of his feet hitting the ground echoed in his tiny log cabin as he stretched out his arms from a long needed rest, he hadn't gotten a good sleep in months, of course that was due to his stubborn teenage rebellion and his complete lack of wanting sleep when we could spend the nights playing video games and watching streaming services. Digby walked through the small dark oak door that led out of his room and into the main living space where Digby kept his brown leather couch and an abundance of snacks, mostly crumbs and mostly stale. With what he thought was an incredible amount of swagger he grabbed his jacket off its hanger and thrust it into the air, throwing his left arm through the jacket's sleeve as it came falling down, albeit it was the wrong sleeve but he was proud nonetheless, he probably would've done a stupid fist pump into the air if anyone had been watching, ah what the hell, he did it anyways before opening the front door and closing it behind him, after putting his jacket on properly of course.

Digby inhaled deep. "Ahh." And exhaled. "Alright, statue unveiling and then nonstop training, I am definitely gonna nail this transformation today.”

-----

"Eighteen, Nineteen....Oh where's that last pesky dollar, oh! Here it is! Twenty. Thank you so much for your help Viridium."

"Please, Mrs. Nanhaven, call me Quake, I've been mowing your lawn for two years now and you're always still so formal." The tall muscular man gave a hearty chuckle that would have echoed for hours had he been in a boxed space. "And really, ten is enough, I don't think bread is getting any more expensive, I can handle the pay decrease."

"Oh nonsense, you know darn well you're going to spend that on a drink at the bar, I was young too, y'know! Please, take it, you deserve it for being so kind to me all these years." The sweet old lady was no more than five feet tall, slightly shaking as she stood in her doorway trying to persuade Quake into taking the money. She placed the twenty dollars in his large calloused hands and closed his fingers over it before giving his hand a firm pat. "And maybe think of investing in some gloves, dear, your hands have taken quite a beating."

"Thank you, Mrs. Nanhave-"

"Nancy! Now you're being too formal!"

"Thank you Nancy, have a good day."

Quake stretched his face wide into a large and welcoming smile before taking his leave and making his way down the path that led away from the old woman's house and onto the main road. It had been a fairly uneventful day, at least so far. Quake wasn’t one to shirk responsibility but it was Summer and while he should’ve been practicing what the Professors at Autumnrise had told him to practice during his off time, he instead spent it helping those that needed a hand.

Speaking of helping those in need; It was nearly time for the statue unveiling and Quake didn’t want to be disrespectful and miss it. He’d been able to locate a bus stop nearby that wasn’t too far from where it was going down. It wasn’t too crowded on the bus, after all most people would have arrived early for the statue unveiling, it would be a miraculous thing when that giant sheet was pulled off that statue and everyone at once could experience it, they would be streaming it live on TV, everyone had a chance to see. Thankfully he’d arrived in time, the sheet was still on the statue. The place, however, was fairly crowded, though there were still some seats available, Quake, however, opted to stand, he had skipped leg day after all and this would be his little way of making up for it.​

Last edited:
Sonia "Sunny" Lockhart - Flight
Arthur Reed Meyers - Fire

By the time Sonia rolled out of bed and dragged herself out of her bedroom in the morning, Reed was already up and making breakfast. That was usually the way for the two of them - despite being much peppier than he was, Sonia was also rather slow to wake, whereas Reed possessed the wherewithal to set an alarm and then just get up when it went off, instead of hitting snooze and trying to sleep again like most people. She had teased him about it before, but she was always grateful to him for being gracious and not only making her something to eat whenever he made his own breakfast, but making sure there was coffee for her even though he didn’t drink it himself.

Their meal passed mostly in companionable silence, Reed prone to little conversation and Sonia too groggy to manage much chatter on her own as she would later on in the day, and afterwards they parted ways again to get ready. Reed was not one for crowds, but Sonia had convinced him that it would be good for them to go and be outside with a group of other people like them, to be a part of honoring the man that had made their living safely and peacefully possible. He didn’t believe in the worship that some people threw the man, as skeptical of people as always, and it had been a week long, slow process convincing him that he could bear through it. Finally, simply asking him to keep her company so she wouldn’t be alone had been enough.

Sonia had a car, but she knew Reed preferred to get more physical activity in, and he had already argued that it would be very difficult to find parking, so they left early and took a leisurely walk to where the statue would be unveiled. It was crowded already, despite how early they arrived, and after a bit of internal debate she decided that standing would be better than finding seats, if only because she knew Reed would appreciate the speedier escape when everything was said and done and the crowd started to try to leave all at once. Unfortunately, standing room meant that she, with her short stature, was probably going to have a very hard time seeing over the crowd once it fully gathered.

"If only there weren’t so many tall people…" She muttered, pushing up onto her tiptoes to look over other's heads and get a better view of the tarp-covered statue. When something closed around her ankle, she flinched and twisted to look down, only to see Reed looking up at her with an almost worried little frown, and the actual ground nearly five feet below her shoes. "Oops!" She grinned sheepishly, taking a moment to concentrate and form a thin blue ring of energy around her waist to guide herself back down. "Thanks, Reed!"

He sighed and waited until she was actually starting to descend again before letting go. "Let’s just move somewhere where you can see." He had let himself be coerced into being here, but he wasn't about to let her float off and leave him alone in this crowd.

Last edited:
Paz squinted up from the side of the crowd at the unveiled statue, shifting her weight onto one leg while taking a sip from the frappuccino in her hand. Her other hand, meanwhile, jostled a small green bag filled with coins, and she takes an even larger sip from her cup before sighing. God she was tired.
It was her cousin Pako's fault really. He'd found her earlier that week making more bags and trinkets she could sell down the street and suggested she do endurance practice. Said she could keep some of her gold in a bag and take a walk. Why did she even listen to him?
Then again, he was providing her with food and a home, so it'd be best to smile and nod, but there's only so many times you can listen to a man ramble about Deidicus Blair and how much of a "real goddamn hero" he is before you want to throttle him.
Not that she would. Totally.

At this point Paz reached the bottom of her cup, so she crushed the remains as much as she could and took her actual bag off her back so she could stuff it inside. The guy could've at least come with, but he insisted she do things on her own. Gave her some money and encouraged her to check out the statue unveiling, buy something good to eat, all that. "Ain't wasting your life away making bags for elves in my damn house," he had told her. "If you don't wanna get a real job to waste your time at then go out and do something useful. No more rotting away."
Paz listened to him well, and pretty much used all the money he gave her for food, and for that drink. She appreciated finally stretching out in fresh air too; Pako was right, she really was wasting away in her room. She just wanted to get back into the groove of making things, being useful in some way. Making some money on the side wouldn't hurt as well.

A twinge of pain tugs Paz out of her head, and she squeaks before fumbling with her tiny green bag in an attempt to dump out the coins. Definitely a sign to end off endurance training here.
She dumps them into the air before slipping the small cloth bag into her backpack, swinging it back on as her coins twist and dance momentarily around her legs. They all meld together and latch onto her hand, fading into her skin in a matter of seconds.
Paz sighs and rubs her cramping hand as she looks back up at the statue. Maybe one day she should make something as large as that? That would be hella cool.

B33EB44C-A1CF-4929-B127-8AAF1B63EEFB.png
Aia
Interactions: Open

Aia wasn’t exactly excited about all the people. Even after being in this so called sanctuary after so many years of running and fearing everyone and everything she wasn’t exactly a social and mingling person. Even now she still tried to hide her appearance as much as possible wearing a big long sundress with sleeves well past her hands to try and hide her feet and body. A big sun Hat to hide her markings and a backpack she could hide her tail in the girl stood about a block away from the gathering crowd. Peeking out hesitantly from the corner of an alley way to watch. The people though she wasn’t very stealthy about it. The outfit she had one being all white like her stood out just as much as she would normally and even got passing glances from others down the street heading to the unveiling as well.

She didn’t notice of course as her tongue poked out from her lips to take in information as she tried to psych herself up and give her confidence to leave the alley she was hiding in. “You can do this you can do this you can do this!” She mentally chanted over and over to herself for what felt like an hour before finally deciding to try and go forth. Sadly for Aia she did the last thing she wanted which was to bring more attention. Having made it all of 4 steps out of the alley and onto the sidewalk before her “disguise” became her downfall. The dress having been to long slipped under her foot causing her to step on the cloth and trip forward. She was so focused on not panicking it was to late to save herself by the time she realized and she tripped forward with a loud Yelp as her arms went up just before smacking face first into the sidewalk. Though it couldn’t be seen her cheeks turned practically blood red in embarrassment so much so she didn’t even move simply wishing to die right here and now to spare herself looking up to see the glances of others.​

Name: Jackson
Power: Waterbending

Jackson stared at the tall covered statue with a look of indifference. He was certainly not looking forward to the unveiling. To him, it was just another obstacle in the way of his conquest for mastery over his powers. It didn't help that he was surrounded by an obnoxiously large crowd. How he wished the others would shut up and let himself think.

He would usually be training at a time like this (Even over summer break, it was important that he kept improving his powers). His typical morning schedule was to wake up at 7:00, shower and have breakfast, take a walk around campus, and start training at 8. But thanks to the statue unveiling, he had to make his way over to the main square after his breakfast. "Well," he thought. "There's no use dwelling on it. Guess I could make time for my training later today."

The sound of a loud thud on the ground jogged him out of his thoughts. He turned his head to where he thought the sound was coming from and saw a strange woman with an all-white dress stuck face-first into the sidewalk. She seemed to be garnering the attention of a good chunk of the crowd. After a few moments, he let out a heavy sigh. Today was going to be a long day.​

Kira Moonrow
At the Statue Unveiling

Kira had come from her family's farm to watch the Unveiling. She'd spent a half an hour telling various animals that they couldn't follow her. They couldn't seem to understand that it would cause an uproar if a mixed herd of livestock came following a young woman into the center of town on such an important historical day. She promised to tell them about it when returned later that day.

Finally having arrived before the Statue was actually Unveiled, Kira walked around to find a good spot to stand since all the seats were taken already. It seemed as though nearly the entirety of the Camp was in attendance today. The area was abuzz with various chatter, mostly about the Unveiling that was set to happen soon. She turned her attention to the other non-human residents that occupied the area. The squirrels we chattering about how they need to start storing food for the upcoming Big Cold since the warm weather was soon drawing to an end. Summer was nearly over, giving was to fall. School would be starting up soon and she was set to enroll in classes. She wondered who she might meet. Would anyone be willing to talk to a girl who held full conversations with animals? Or would they think her odd, even in an entire community of people who possessed various different abilities.

Lyonel was always up early for a morning run, but this morning was different. He had to get up a little earlier to get a smaller run-in and to help his dad to get ready for the unveiling. He had already braided his dad's hair and picked his clothes out. Lyonel was confused as to why this was such a big deal to his dad since he wasn't getting a statue and he wasn't giving a speech of any kind, at least to Lyonel's knowledge. Presently, Lyonel was sitting at the kitchen table sipping coffee from his favorite as he watched the news. His dad had already left to help with the setup for the unveiling, but Lyonel never really understood the zeal his dad had for the director. Ever since his mom disappeared, Lyonel has felt a twinge of distrust towards the directors, and seeing the director react to the reporter's words was one of many that somewhat validated the young man's feelings, "Maybe I'm holding a grudge, but I still don't trust him...." The words slithered from his lips in hopes of only reaching his ears, but a beat on the wall next to the door snatched his attaention.

Phasing through the door was his cousin, Lovely, with an annoyed frown written across her face,"Hurry the hell up! We need good seats, so we can leave when it's all over! Do you wanna get your nails done with me!?"

"Yea, it's been a few weeks...Can we get our feet done too?"

"Duh! I have a date in two days and IT IS GOING TO GO WELL!"

Lyonel made a slight surprise face and a nod as he reached into the cabinets to pull out two cups. Pouring himself another cup and Lovely her own Lyonel turned to his cousin as she backed out of the door and he followed her outside,"Let's go!" Lyonel said in a melodic tone as the summer sun hit his exposed abdomen. The young man was very happy that the summer heat was back, it allowed him to have more freedom in what he could wear, like now he was wearing a crop top that reached just above his belly button, matched with a blue flannel.

By the time Lyonel & Lovely had arrived, they were actually early thanks to the fact that they both lived relatively close to the campus. They decided to towards the back so when everything ended they could leave as soon as possible. Lyonel was hoping this was going to be long and if it was the least they could do is play some decent music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back