• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Out There, Past the Horizon: A 1x1 Adventure Invitation

Obuzeti

Professional Wordsdoer
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Let's set the mood.

I'm Obuzeti, a newcomer to this site. I've been putting pen to paper professionally for almost fifteen years now, and for RP longer; I'm no tyro when it comes to the written ring. Most of my roleplaying history is strung across Discord, but I've curated some examples here, or in my signature.

I've come to bargain, RP Nation!

I love writing adventures, and strange places, and strange worlds. I'm the kind of person that spends hours trotting around in Breath of the Wild catching frogs and insects, or in World frantically attempting to catch those lousy Molys and Crakes. I desperately wish I had enough money to visit the Star Wars hotel (even if, I hear, it sucks), and Andor was the best thing I've watched on television in ten years. Cyberpunk 2077 and Edgerunners set me on fire for their own settings too. All of these things, they're amazing. Whole worlds, dreamed and sketched and filled in with literary filigree until their syntax hearts beat with ink. I love heart-pumping action, too, and I write some excellent choreography when it comes time to put some pedal to the metal.

These are the kinds of worlds I want to write, both within established fandoms and sculpting originals wholesale. And I want a partner to do it with.

Now: let's talk specifics.

I write male lead characters; intense, Byronic, driven men, with deep thoughts and layers, who don't always tell the truth; who crack jokes, or hold their tongue; who have lives and histories before you came along, and who will have them afterwards. I enjoy torrid connections, that spark of chemistry under the skin, when someone says just the right thing that means something. I like characters that grow with us, with their dents and their scars healing and scabbing over with time. I'm obviously not adverse to writing bit and side characters of other genders - but I like a masculine POV. Additionally, while I'm not a stickler on romantic subplots and their presence or lack thereof, my characters are straight.

I write exclusively third-person distant, which means you're not going to see inside my character's heads at any point. I take a lot of care to illustrate body language; how they pose, how they stand, orient themselves, what their hands are doing, and facial expressions, all things that give hints, but IMO the suspension of disbelief is better there. I also write present tense, which can cause people to trip up a little. You can write however you want, of course, but this is my own preference, and it's not going to budge.

I am, in fact, a grown man, and I write mature fiction. That means violence, sensuality, and dark themes are possible, and depending on genre, even likely (is there even such a thing as uplifting cyberpunk, for example?) I'm here to write with other adults.

In terms of post length: well, it varies. If I'm writing a conversation, it can get down to a couple paragraphs, because of the limitations of my chosen perspective. On the other hand, if I'm writing a monologue or an environmental description, or a loredump, or a fight scene - entire pages are not out of the question. Look at my writing examples to get an idea. Generally speaking, I try to give my partner a steady platter of things to respond to, regardless of the situation, and I'm not tremendously picky about your post length as long as you return that favor.

I like to trade PMs or talk about elements of the world we're designing! If you prefer your partners quiet, I'm probably going to aggravate you in short order, but if what you want is a communicative partner that loves to soundboard or brainstorm, then we'll do great.

I tend to post either daily or every other day, depending on what deadlines I'm working on in my IRL job. I'll respect your time, and that you have other hobbies, friends, and things to do; give me the same respect. That's not to say if I go silent for like, a week or something, you can't poke me to see what's up; I'm just saying, be reasonable.

Now for the fun part: fandoms and settings! I'm going to list genres, and then fandom examples within I've enjoyed or would enjoy playing in, and a handful of plot examples. I'm entirely capable of writing original works in those settings up too, and if I have an example on hand, I'll link it. Unless I note otherwise, I'm both comfortable taking canon roles or writing OCs in that universe; honestly, it doesn't make much difference to me. There's also a general fandoms list at the end, if you want to just reference that instead of digging through genres.

• Fantasy / Adventure!

For roleplays that like to sprawl; long descriptions of fantastic vistas, places and people too strange for the real world, customs and magibiology, the study and consideration of magic as a field of discipline and how it interacts with the living world. Long, PM-ridden discussions of how the system works, both for the inevitable adventurers, and for the common people living out in the world. A place that inhales wonder and exhales prose.

(Zelda: Breath of the Wild; Monster Hunter; Wheel of Time)

Writing Example: The Realm Atavistic

Plot Concepts:
    The Sheikah Way (Breath of the Wild): in a world where Zelda and Ganondorf achieved a mutual defeat, sealing both Triforce wielders into the Sacred Realm, what remains of the Sheikah must voyage to the Great Plateau, wake the last bearer of the Triforce, and defend the monster-ridden ruins of Hyrule against both the monsters left behind by Ganon's malice, as well as foreign interests from across the sea.
    The Green Seas: A biologist's journey across the world of Monster Hunter - cataloguing the natives of a world ruled by mighty beasts, those that ride, hunt, and live beside them; their native habitats and clashes with each other; and the nature of a planet that can support such life. A voyage for two, about the wonder of discovery.

Last edited:
Edited to add some new plot threads and fandoms, and tossing my bait back out in the water to see what's biting.

Bop, back to the top of seeking for ye! More fandoms and plots added, and listed what fandoms my plot ideas are from; realized it might be confusing, otherwise.

Added an Urban Fantasy list! Also, my list in general was getting long, so I collated everything into a tab system for ease of access, and added a Fandoms List for quick searches, because man, this ad has gotten beefy.

Last edited:
Adventure through different worlds draws my interest, especially with more creativity from those of us writing, I will certainly contribute a lot of my own creativity. It can involve urban settings but the more simple and less developed society, such as preindustrialized societies, will be yet more interesting for using creativity. Using scenes that were inspiring is okay but what is further from our creativity beyond those is better. I feel the same way with dialogue between characters in role-playing, just so much makes sense to write for that, and not further, but many things written about can involve description and a lot of things happening. I still am more inclined to use a male character for role-playing. So if it interests you to rp with me, you can have choice of scenes that inspire you, but I would have more things happening only from creativity I know can be found. I just come once in a while, not frequently now, to see if there is interest in joining to rp. But if a thread is started for it I can come and rp more frequently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back