• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

SilverFlight

Tende altum, volare altius
Supporter
Out of Time
How to Win a God War

At the end of time dwells a place of Gods. Their attention spans all realities and they oversee, watching and keeping balance.
Two brothers, both new among the great powers, do not coexist peacefully. They bicker, boast and bully each other, both claiming to be the best. These gods are proud and since the planets were formed, they have been fighting.

“I have an idea,” said Arkaavos, one millennium, to his brother Meshaaw. “We shall have a competition. Whoever wins will take the title of ‘best’”.

“We are evenly-matched in every way, such as it was willed by the others, but go on.” Said Meshaaw, who was intrigued, drawn in by the notion of beating his arrogant twin.

“We will not fight, but employ mortals. We may choose mortals across all universes and across all time. These we will borrow from their homes, and set to them tasks, which they must best each other to complete. Your mortals against mine. The number of tasks shall be three, and we shall construct the challenges together, before we have our warriors taken.”

“A fine challenge! Then, I accept.” Meshaaw seemed happy with the arrangement. “No more than five mortals on each side, at any time, if one dies, you may choose another. We shall tell them all no more than this: if they want to return to their homes and not be destroyed, they must fight. And for the winners, each mortal left alive will have any wish their heart can dream.”

“Good brother, then it is agreed…Let the games begin.”

Two all-powerful deities, to settle a dispute between themselves, have decided to abduct mortals from their times and dimensions to compete against each other in three great challenges. Five mortals will be chosen to fight for Arkaavos, and five for Meshaaw. I will collect the 10 characters and assign them randomly to a God, unless you really REALLY want to be with your friend on the same team, then just tell me.

As a player you can create any mortal character you like. Let your imagination run wild. You can have magic, use futuristic tech, choose aliens, elves, monsters whatever.

The power restrictions will be: you can’t destroy anything larger than a house without exhausting your resources (be it tech or magic or stamina). Your characters are told they have to fight for the gods or die, but beyond that and the wish, there isn’t much loyalty incentive, these deities are pretty selfish.

The last rule is your character has to be a mortal. They cannot be invincible or ageless. Your character can be weaker than intended, the god brothers have no idea how mortals work and they might not be the best at choosing them. Your characters will gain abilities and power ups as we go so don’t be afraid of making a character that isn’t very strong at first. There can be alliances between opposite team members, betrayals, deals and conspiracies. The challenges will be puzzles as well as have a strong combat element. I won’t ask for a lot in terms of character profile at the beginning as I want to develop the characters and their powers over the course of the story. A character will only “die” when the player no longer wants or is not able to play, unless of course the player wants their character killed off to make another, though I will discourage this as character devo is a lot more fun.

If this is something that might interest you, go ahead and post in here. I do want this to be a detailed thread, so posts will be in paragraphs, and no one-liners. Feel free to ask me anything about the concept or story. You can also suggest ideas and improvements, I'd be really happy if people added to it.

Naberius Naberius

Gotta keep this on the front, this is going to be a great game ;D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back