• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Out of the Ordinary

StatusUndead

The Cutest Undead
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Firstly, about me. I have no name, but my Status is Undead. Feel free to call me whatever pleases you.

Time is a resource I do not have a plethora of. Therefore, I forgo proofreading, relying solely on my ability to get it right the first time. Unfortunately, I am not perfect, so I do not always get it right the first time. I may make spelling/grammar mistakes, or include other such oddities in my posts. Please forgive me, though I do not believe they should affect the readability of my posts. I do not proofread my posts, so please inform me if you wish me to fix any mistakes, or make any changes to my posts before responding to them.

I generally write 2-4 paragraphs. Potentially more, depending on what's being described or going on. I write in third person exclusively. I can play any gender and sexual orientation. I can double, or more. I can guarantee a post at least once per week. Though it'll probably come out averaging closer to once a day.

I am 31 years old. I like chatting OOC and making friends. I enjoy planning plots and building worlds cooperatively. I will be very active in OOC discussions involving the RP. While flying by the seat of my pants can often be fun, I also like steering the plot in specific directions. This includes things such as coordinating who wins/loses a fight before writing it out. I feel like operating in this manner helps combat any feelings of needing to one up my partner as we continuously dodge or counter attacks. Also, choosing beforehand specific battles for your characters to lose can be a great tool for pushing the plot in specific directions.

I do not like god modding. For example, let's say our characters are fighting one another. You write that your character attacks and pushes or knocks down my character. That is not acceptable. Instead, either write in the attack, and let me decide if it lands, or how my character reacts, or just discuss it with me OOC first, and ask if it's OK to write my character being hit, or dodging, or whatever you have in your head cannon. I will certainly be doing plenty of that myself, as it can often bog down an RP if you're writing back and forth for each action and reaction.

I will only RP in threads, on this site. My reasoning for this is that I like to watch my post count increase. Posting in PMs or off-site does not increase the post count, unfortunately. Although I am not averse to using Discord for OOC.

Next, about you.

Be able to roughly match my post length. I will not accept one liners or single, short paragraphs as responses. I also do not wish for novels, or walls of texts. I, myself, will not be doing any fancy formatting, and do not hold those expectations for you either, but you should be able to utilizes spaces to enhance readability. Readability is important to me. So please, if you're into heavy formatting and coding, make sure the font and colors are easy to read. I use dark mode, if that helps.

I expect you to write in third person. Writing in first person makes it seem like you are the focus of the story. I also expect you to participate in world building and plot development. This is our story, not mine.

You must also be at least of drinking age. I often like to include dark themes, or put my characters through cruel situations. It's just too weird trying to write about difficult situations with children.

You are free to choose any gender/sexuality you wish. Most of my plots and ideas don't have specific genders/sexualities. If they do have something in mind, I'll list it before hand. Otherwise, you may choose your gender, and if you wish, my gender as well, as well as our sexualities.

You must bring your own ideas to the table. I am not running this as a GM. The world and plot are ours to design together. Please be willing to let me know if you want to tweak any of my ideas/suggestions, and feel free to outright tell me something I suggest just flat out doesn't interest you. I am not easy to offend.

I am an extremely serious person. I do not like joking around. To that extent, you must be a master at making tea. We can not have serious discussions, nor be taken seriously, without a cup of tea in our hands. I can not make tea. I have no tea making skills. So this burden falls upon you.

Lastly, we'll get to the juicy bits. The ideas, plots, pairings and what-have-yous. Although I am 100% certain that I have not laid out all the rules/expectations/important bits that should/could have been laid out above. My apologies. We'll just have to figure out the rest as we go.

Unless otherwise stated, we can both play as either character, any gender/sexuality. Also, feel free to suggest what you would prefer me to play as. Worst I could say is nah. Also, heads up, I tend to enjoy torturing my characters, giving them a hard life and a hard time, and otherwise being cruel to them. Depending on the situation, I also love killing off my characters.

My first plot is a romance. It can be in a variety of settings, such as modern slice-of-life, fantasy, sci-fi, etc. This one will be an intersex female and a straight male. That is to say, not a transgender person. An intersex person is someone born with chromosomes other than XX or XY. Feel free to google it if you're interested. They are, essentially, a female. Normal bone density, fat levels and locations, hormone levels, voice, appearance, yes, including their chest, etc. They also identify as a straight female, and easily pass as one. In fact, without seeing their nether region, no one would really misgender her. The one bit that's different is that they have the dangly bits of a guy.

You can choose to play as either character. For this one, the general idea is for them to fall in love, maybe a bit of a slow-burn? Then, once they're in love, for the male to discover the intersex nature of the female. From there, they'll have to wrestle with their own notions of gender and what they're attracted to, or perhaps how shallow they are? Maybe they'll be surprised at how open minded they can be? Of course, the female also has to deal with their own insecurities, perhaps even bullying, etc. Lots of chances for drama/heartache with this one.

Idea 2 have character A and character B as best friends. Thing is, A has had a life-long crush on B. Though A has never mentioned it, and B has no clue. A is altruistic. A do-gooder. They enjoy following rules and being a productive member of society. B has a secret though, even unbeknownst to A. B enjoys criminal activity. One day, A will discover this secret, and will have to decide how deeply their love for B goes. Is A willing to look the other way? Perhaps even help cover something up? Maybe even participate in the criminal acts themselves?

B is a bit of a psychopath. A high-functioning one at that. They've gone years without anyone knowing. Not their parents, nor their friends. Not even their life-long best friend. A will have to wrestle with their morality as they decide how deep down the path they're willing to follow.

You can choose either character. They can be any gender/orientation. This is more of a slow-burn. A isn't meant to confess to B for quite some time. B is completely oblivious to A's feelings the whole time. Not even suspicious in the slightest.

Idea 3. This one is in a fantasy setting. The theme of this one is overcoming racism. But it works a bit differently here than from our world. Racism isn't happening between humans based on their skin tone, but rather, between different intelligent species. There is a plentiful amount of animosity between the species. The humans, elves and dwarves all hate each other, but they also hate the fairies and goblins, who also hate each other, as well as hating them back. There's just a lot of hatred. To the point of open hostility, violence and acts of cruelty.

But perhaps the most famous instances of animosity are between the races of A and B. Their two species have a seething hatred for each other. Though their animosity isn't any different from any other. It's all born from ignorance. Despite their overwhelming hatred for each others' species, A finds themselves in trouble and on the run. They end up disguised, whether through illusion type magics, or a well-crafted costume, or perhaps just a simple robe that covers their appearance, hoping that their similar body frames keeps them hidden.

Despite A hating B, simply for their race, A finds that their only chance at survival is to team up with B. B thinks A is of the same race as themselves. For a while, at least. Until, after forming bonds, A's identity is revealed, and B is left with a choice.

As per usual, you can play either role, as any gender, any sexuality, and can, if you have a preference, request I choose a specific gender/sexuality.

For idea 4, we'll play two characters each. One human and one god, each. The setting is Earth, during modern times. We can be vague with the location, as I don't care for dealing with historical or geographical accuracy. The humans are just going about their lives. Nothing out of the ordinary there. The thing they don't know is that gods exist. Particularly, two gods exist. Yes, these are the gods that created the universe. They have unlimited power, capable of absolutely anything.

What's not known is that these two gods have a long history. Much longer than the Earth, or the universe for that matter. They have made many universes. Many planets. Many forms of life. Humanity was not the first.

Over time, the gods became bored. They experimented time and again, until they settled on their current situation; humanity. The gods have made several rules they must follow. Much like a game between them. Although both gods get along and are well-tempered enough, they tend to get a little out of hand and end the existence of the lifeforms they create. Thus, they have agreed upon several things.

They must not make their presence known to humanity. Things such as inexplicably changing the clothes of people in an instant. That would certainly raise questions.

They can not end humanity, directly or indirectly. This includes things such as alien invasions, creating black holes nearby or simply exploding the planet.

They can not the targets of their current game. In this case, Humans A and B, our characters. This includes things such as controlling their emotions, thoughts or actions. They can, however, take control of other people, so long as they are keeping in line with the first rule. This generally includes things like making people stumble, or forget or remember things. Bolder actions can be taken with the mentally disabled or insane, as they may not even question their own bodies acting in strange ways.

There may be other rules, or we can work together to modify/switch/remove/add rules. But that's what I got for now. Anywho, the gods generally set up challenges for themselves. Sometimes they compete, sometimes they work together. For example, the gods may compete and see which of their humans they can get to punch another person first. Or perhaps they work cooperatively, like seeing if they can get the humans to go on a date together. Or perhaps they decide to see if they can make their lives so miserable that they forsake their morals and turn to crime to survive. It all depends on the fancy of the gods.

As per usual, any gender/sexuality is fine. Although who knows, perhaps the gods will make it a goal to try to get them to act outside their preference? :O For this one, our humans are just regular humans, wondering why their life takes such crazy turns sometimes. They may sometimes go through extraordinary scenarios, but they are just regular people. They have regular minds, thoughts and emotions that they have to deal with in the various situations they'll find themselves in.

This one is supposed to have a wide range of feelings. From goofy, due to the ridiculous challenges the gods set and the things they do to follow the rules they set, to dark, as the humans struggle with whatever unfortunate situation they end up. And perhaps happy, as the gods aren't evil, and may choose to issue a challenge leading to prosperity.

These are the ideas I have for now. I am looking for something out of the ordinary. Feel free to make your own suggestions, or tweak these. I don't care for historical RPs, or playing as animals, although I'm OK with anthropomorphic characters, or characters that shift between forms. I also never play with or as cannon characters from anything. Though I do like fandoms. I often get my inspiration from the various forms of media I consume.

Thank you for gracing my post with your eyes. It is most appreciated. Even if you choose to pass me over, I wish happiness upon you. <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back