• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Out of Soul (OOC)

S
Created at
Index progress
Incomplete

Soul Eater: Rapid Improvement Project (R.I.P.) follows students of Death Weapon Meister Academy (DWMA) as they navigate the trials involved with the creation of a new class of student. These are meisters and demon weapons of exceptional skill trying to work their way to the very top of the pyramid in record times. Meanwhile, Lord Death has his own secret motives as far as this new class is concerned. How long before they come to light?

Lady Warlock

Anime RN
Welcome to the Out of Soul Chat!
Otherwise known as the OOC!

This is where we will discuss partnerships, plan combat encounters and hopefully all become good friends. I am not creating a discord server for this role play so please do not ask. You are welcome to use discord to communicate with your partner as your wish, but it would be appreciated if you could keep everyone in the loop here as well.

Feel free to ask questions here as well.

Nobody Nobody Nobody Special Nobody Special CelticHero37 CelticHero37 Japanime Japanime Jhin Jhin

1A0304CDF63D1F1729E340E852BFB57D17845A5B

Age is just a number to Death. Though DWMA's age cap seems to be 20.

Last edited:
After looking at meister/ weapon ratio and with the knowledge another is on the way I might make a weapon instead. I can make a 2nd character as well depending on how the ratios look by the time all the characters are submitted and accepted C:

I'll be sending out PMs about characters likely tomorrow night while I'm at work. Working night shift tends to be slow enough to allow me to write some stuff and do management things.

Today I'm going to continue working on Luka.

So far, it looks like we are going to have 3 to 4 weapon/meister pairs.

Nobody Nobody Are you planning on submitting a character?

CelticHero37 CelticHero37 Are you planning on submitting the twins?

After doing further research, I think he's gonna be a multi-form weapon with all his forms being stone age forms. A club, a spear, an atlatl and a net... I think.

Okay, my meister is finished! I edited him into my first post. If there's anything wrong with him, please let me know and I'll get to fixing it right away!

Also, both of my characters are up for grabs! I don't mind who they partner with. 👍

Assuming my dhampir-weapon-chef gets accepted, my second character (if I make them) would probably be a meister just so I can rp both sides.

Also, both of my characters are up for grabs! I don't mind who they partner with. 👍

Lucien likes cute girls, but Dai is the only meister thus far that seems to have a preference for blades so I'm keeping an eye on him for now 👀

My tentative pairing proposals are as follows:

Luka and Noelle
Cole and Adelle (my multi-form caveman weapon girly)
Edgar and Yuri
Dai and Lucien

And then the twins get to work together as bond meisters until we get another meister.

I really want Luka to try wielding Lucien briefly, though, because they would both detest it. Luka's soul wavelength enhances sensory things and he already has taste problems. xD

Sir Les Paul Sir Les Paul

I am trying to make a weapon for your character to use. He is an atlatl.

Would that suffice for his ranged criteria?

This would just slide by thematically. It is about as far separated from his preference of a rifle as possible, but despite that he would still prefer it to a melee weapon of any kind.

I see a slingshot form, though. That unironically would likely be his go to form.

On a a separate note, I think the multi-form/stone age twist of the character is really interesting. I've seen a lot of things done, but never that specific interpretation.

I do have a functional question, though. What are the projectile mechanics here? For instance, a sling shot makes straight forward sense, but spears for instance would require being retrieved. The atlatl is the one I am most curious about. Would the projectile be a soul energy construct or a shrunken version of her spear? Would it have to be retrieved before use or could she return to the base?

I do have a functional question, though. What are the projectile mechanics here? For instance, a sling shot makes straight forward sense, but spears for instance would require being retrieved. The atlatl is the one I am most curious about. Would the projectile be a soul energy construct or a shrunken version of her spear? Would it have to be retrieved before use or could she return to the base?
For the sling shot, it works like you would expect. If her spear form was thrown, it would have to be retrieved. For the atlatl, using that form produces smaller forms of her spear form created from a combination of her and her meister's wavelengths and they would not have to be retrieved. Its going to take longer to regenerate the darts - that's what I'm gonna say they are - than it would to reload a slingshot. However, the darts are going to be stronger than a shot from the slingshot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back