• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Out of Soul (OOC)

Hey! How's everyone doing? I just got home yesterday. It was tiring, but fun hanging out with my family! 😅

Is it my turn to post :O? I hope I haven't been holding you guys up!

Hoy guys! I should be posting for most - if not all - of the missions either tonight or tomorrow. I got temporarily distracted with another RP I am starting, but I have not forgotten things here and have many plans!

HYPE!

Hey! How's everyone doing? I just got home yesterday. It was tiring, but fun hanging out with my family! 😅

Not especially.

Lucien wants at least one person in his group to post before I post him again (but he's just touring the gardens/checking out lodge/setting up a tent before nightfall with binoculars and walkie talkie set...so unless people want to see him commenting on random flowers, it's not especially necessary =P)

Yuan is eating donuts with CelticHero37 CelticHero37 until Sion/Noelle text her about something important or something big happens/she notices suspicious activity with the Kishin Egg soul that she is somewhat tracking.

Noelle is always welcome to post chatting with Sion/commenting on current events/etc though since either you, celtic, or lady could go next~

Hoy guys! I should be posting for most - if not all - of the missions either tonight or tomorrow. I got temporarily distracted with another RP I am starting, but I have not forgotten things here and have many plans!

HYPE!

Excellent. I'm eager to get things rolling.

Last edited:
I have realized that I might actually want to keep Luka. I had a moment of doubt on her character, but that moment of doubt seems to have passed. Now I'm undecided.

I have realized that I might actually want to keep Luka. I had a moment of doubt on her character, but that moment of doubt seems to have passed. Now I'm undecided.

Big decisions are best made with a calm and relaxed mind, preferably accompanied by a cup of warm milk and cookies ☺️ Whatever you decide shall be respected.

Well TECHNICALLY it hasn't been your turn until after Yuan's post, but I've been waiting for it for 16 days 👀

What is doubt but indecision

So Aiden is just a free floating shield at this point. Too dangerous to uh yknow transform mid fight. I'm gonna delay posting for him until it won't just be a placeholder of a post.

I'll definitely try to get the Mary Poppins duo chatting by tomorrow!

Removing Cei from the goop of honey is another option

My next task for the day is to work up a post for the Salt Lake City mission. It will be up before I go to bed.

Excellent

Time for some witch/zombie/Kishin Egg Action.

RottenVale RottenVale
Unless something spectacular happens, I'll try and get Lucien post up either by the end of today or tomorrow.​

Removing Cei from the goop of honey is another option

I'm considering having Aiden transform to help Dai remove her if it's a problem. He may not be able to "wield" Cei, but he can work as extra manpower and yknow.. Do more than sit there on the cold, hard, lonely ground.

So, my post is still in progress but due to some unexpected stress and writer's block, it probably will not be up today. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better writing day.

I want to give a huge apology to you guys for the wait. I (finally) started at my boxing gym on Wednesday, after a super long wait. It isn't easy, but I wanted to make sure they knew I was serious about staying so I fought through my soreness and kept going until the weekend. It was very tiring, and I ended up knocking out as soon as I got home for the past few nights 😅 My body's already getting used to it, though! I'll do my absolute best not to hold anybody up again.

I do want to warn everyone that I'll be starting school on the 1st of September, however, so I may be a little busy that week. Hopefully it won't be anything too serious! I made a commitment by joining this roleplay, and I plan on keeping my word to you all and participating as frequently as possible. So, once again, I apologize for the extended wait!

I want to give a huge apology to you guys for the wait. I (finally) started at my boxing gym on Wednesday, after a super long wait. It isn't easy, but I wanted to make sure they knew I was serious about staying so I fought through my soreness and kept going until the weekend. It was very tiring, and I ended up knocking out as soon as I got home for the past few nights 😅 My body's already getting used to it, though! I'll do my absolute best not to hold anybody up again.

I do want to warn everyone that I'll be starting school on the 1st of September, however, so I may be a little busy that week. Hopefully it won't be anything too serious! I made a commitment by joining this roleplay, and I plan on keeping my word to you all and participating as frequently as possible. So, once again, I apologize for the extended wait!
Dw about it, life happens! Enjoy it!

Last edited:
In other news, I read through the last 50 or so chapters of Soul Eater last night and it very much succeeded in getting me more hyped up for this!

It also reminded me of how many times there's been discussions about abilities and canon in Soul Eater roleplays I've been a part of. All those discussions seem pretty silly now, as there seems to be nearly no consistency with how powers work, are achieved, or function in the actual canon. Generally speaking it just takes a moment of introspection or epiphany to find new uses for yourself. Soul can play music with his soul that does all sorts of crazy shit because... what, he had a background in playing the piano? It's never described as a wavelength property, and it's not described how he's capable of affecting or controlling others with it. Never really explained how people start being able to control madness. It just seems to be that the rule of cool goes, and I really don't mind that as long as it's in the spirit of the game.

Long story short: I have a lot of new ideas, so y'all better be active for this roleplay for a couple years so I can realize them 😎

In other news, I read through the last 50 or so chapters of Soul Eater last night and it very much succeeded in getting me more hyped up for this!

It also reminded me of how many times there's been discussions about abilities and canon in Soul Eater roleplays I've been a part of. All those discussions seem pretty silly now, as there seems to be nearly no consistency with how powers work, are achieved, or function in the actual canon. Generally speaking it just takes a moment of introspection or epiphany to find new uses for yourself. Soul can play music with his soul that does all sorts of crazy shit because... what, he had a background in playing the piano? It's never described as a wavelength property, and it's not described how he's capable of affecting or controlling others with it. Never really explained how people start being able to control madness. It just seems to be that the rule of cool goes, and I really don't mind that as long as it's in the spirit of the game.

Long story short: I have a lot of new ideas, so y'all better be active for this roleplay for a couple years so I can realize them 😎

Soul eater to me has a lot to do with, well, souls, so a lot of the powers/abilities I expect are manifested internally - possibly fickle depending on one's mental state/emotions. What is the strength of a soul, but the strength of spirit, and that can be nurtured with training/life experiences/random interactions/realizations from long periods of meditation/etc. In Soul Evan's case, he was playing music from his soul - thematically creating a beat/rhythm for the rest of the team to follow - and they are letting him take the lead because...well...they trust him. I don't think he's actually controlling them against their will lol (I only watched the anime and my memory could be a bit vague =P) and I doubt it'd be as easy to do so if Blackstar were playing a trumpet in his own soul to mess with the team rhythm. Because of the way wavelengths are described music is often used to show how soul powers work...but I like to think their are various other ways to express the soul as well - via painting, dancing, writing, etc. I don't know whether Soul's developed technique was a result of an epiphany...but those things tend to center around something important to soul. In Evan's case, it's music. Yuan's soul is inclined towards the future (looking far ahead into things/planning/prediction) and her technique is reflective of that...but in all honesty, letting another soul take the lead when all of the souls are practically one (in resonance) doesn't sound all that strange 😏

If what I remember from cases of madness curing is correct (and I only really remember Stein/Crona )...it most just involves touching the soul, breaking barriers, and making the other party feel better. Having a 'healing' wavelength helps as their souls just radiate 'warmth'/love/tranquility, etc...but it's not strictly necessary. Soul Evans soul simply pulled Maka's soul out of the ooze of the black blood madness when she tried to connect to Crona's wavelength because, well, their souls were close enough I guess with her wielding him...and the black ick of insanity wasn't that strong. Sometimes all it takes is one person being there to remind you who you are.

All that said, I agree with your opinion of the rule of cool so long as it's a reasonable cool =P

Last edited:
Soul eater to me has a lot to do with, well, souls, so a lot of the powers/abilities I expect are manifested internally - possibly fickle depending on one's mental state/emotions. What is the strength of a soul, but the strength of spirit, and that can be nurtured with training/life experiences/random interactions/realizations from long periods of meditation/etc. In Soul Evan's case, he was playing music from his soul - thematically creating a beat/rhythm for the rest of the team to follow - and they are letting him take the lead because...well...they trust him. I don't think he's actually controlling them against their will lol (I only watched the anime and my memory could be a bit vague =P) and I doubt it'd be as easy to do so if Blackstar were playing a trumpet in his own soul to mess with the team rhythm. Because of the way wavelengths are described music is often used to show how soul powers work...but I like to think their are various other ways to express the soul as well - via painting, dancing, writing, etc. I don't know whether Soul's developed technique was a result of an epiphany...but those things tend to center around something important to soul. In Evan's case, it's music. Yuan's soul is inclined towards the future (looking far ahead into things/planning/prediction) and her technique is reflective of that...but in all honesty, letting another soul take the lead when all of the souls are practically one (in resonance) doesn't sound all that strange 😏

If what I remember from cases of madness curing is correct (and I only really remember Stein/Crona )...it most just involves touching the soul, breaking barriers, and making the other party feel better. Having a 'healing' wavelength helps as their souls just radiate 'warmth'/love/tranquility, etc...but it's not strictly necessary. Soul Evans soul simply pulled Maka's soul out of the ooze of the black blood madness when she tried to connect to Crona's wavelength because, well, their souls were close enough I guess with her wielding him...and the black ick of insanity wasn't that strong. Sometimes all it takes is one person being there to remind you who you are.

All that said, I agree with your opinion of the rule of cool so long as it's a reasonable cool =P
Yeah I don't think any of the things I was mentioning come up in the anime.

I doubt it'd be as easy to do so if Blackstar were playing a trumpet in his own soul to mess with the team rhythm.
Yeah but Blackstar doesn't have a trumpet, soul just happens to have one in his soul. Additionally, in the manga, he literally turns his leg into a synth and plays actual sound to an audience. Wild as hell.

I don't think he's actually controlling them against their will lol
Yeah I wasn't talking about the team resonance madness thing they do on the lost island. In the manga, he prevents evil chainsaw man from fighting at all with his piano, and also uses "soul hack" to take over an enemy's laser firing moon things and use them himself. How? Fuck do we know, only that it requires someone to see souls as good as Maka.

If what I remember from cases of madness curing
Not madness curing, but madness CONTROLLING. In the manga they can (at least Kid) control madness for a time to become more powerful, and Kid mentions that he's capable of doing it for longer with Maka's healing wavelength. The thing on lost island though was supposedly all of them using madness for a moment by using team resonation aided by Soul's black blood. It's not explained why madness makes them any stronger either.

Also, reading through the manga, I realized that the kids, even at the early start, were shattering rocks, doing tree height high jumps, running 100 meters in under 8 seconds and all sorts of stuff. I think I might want to know just about how strong our characters - in this very special class, most of us 4-5 years older than they were - are. Estimations, Lady Warlock Lady Warlock ?

Yeah but Blackstar doesn't have a trumpet, soul just happens to have one in his soul.

I thought people can kinda have whatever they want in there soul space as long as important to the individual soul. Castles if they're knightly type. Jungle if they're all nature-y. Lucien has a kitchen...and probably all the things in a kitchen 😏

Not madness curing, but madness CONTROLLING. In the manga they can (at least Kid) control madness for a time to become more powerful,

Yuan talked about this in one of my posts where she mentions everyone kinda has madness to them and the twin's wavelength would be a powerful weapon if it could be controlled. I didn't even read the manga to get this right lmao :coolshades:

Yeah I don't think any of the things I was mentioning come up in the anime.

Haha, you're right. It doesn't.

Yeah I wasn't talking about the team resonance madness thing they do on the lost island. In the manga, he prevents evil chainsaw man from fighting at all with his piano, and also uses "soul hack" to take over an enemy's laser firing moon things and use them himself. How? Fuck do we know, only that it requires someone to see souls as good as Maka.

An interesting technique to be sure. Using music to "control"/hypnotize is a power trope I've seen before. Regardless, his soul control techniques seem to center around that piano of his and at least follows a theme...as for the rest...well...powerups to beat the big bad boss are to be expected in shounen...and he became a Deathsycthe at the end didn't he? I imagine all Deathscythes to be decently powerful - especially if wielded by someone strong (like Death~). My plans for Lucien will involve the vampiric/bloodsucker side of his soul and abilities that come with it...if we ever get there.

Also, reading through the manga, I realized that the kids, even at the early start, were shattering rocks, doing tree height high jumps, running 100 meters in under 8 seconds and all sorts of stuff. I think I might want to know just about how strong our characters - in this very special class, most of us 4-5 years older than they were - are. Estimations, Lady Warlock Lady Warlock ?

As strong as you imagine them :closedeyessmile: I have an anime imagination. If Maka could already toe to toe an immortal werewolf with a magic eye, she broke the supernatural boundary a while ago...but I concur. Not everyone plays a Naruto rp expecting their character to be as strong as Sasuke =P

As someone who has not read the manga, this is a very difficult question to answer. I've only watched the anime. I have also read up on some of the lore as I know the anime deviated from the manga and there were some differences between the two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back