• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Out of Soul (OOC)

Also, I miss when Sir Les Paul Sir Les Paul made enormous OOC posts. Hey, HEY Les Paul, u talkin gibson or epiphone or where we at. Maybe even the musician if you're real saucy today, idk 🤔🤔🤔
I own 40 some odd guitars of brands.

My baby is a Gibson Les Paul Recording II. It has a ton of options and is the spiritual successor to the low impedence pickups Les Paul himself tried to push. I've found its amazing (probably my best in this regard) for clean, harmonic sounds and recording for that. I've found it can get that vintage twang or be thick and powerful, but it doesn't do high gain great. It's not bad in the slightest, but I just have others that do it better. It's basically mind blowing for clean to low gain, but it does fall short during medium gain applications comparatively as it's voicing starts to get bland sooner than standard humbucker equipped guitars.

I also own some Schecter guitars that I acquired in trades over the years and still do trade. I have the Cat's Eye Semi Hollow with a Piezo that is pretty fantastic and a Hellraiser FR. The Hellraiser was my main metal guitar (which isn't my normal genre, but I can get heavy), but a few years back I got a guitar that in my opinion compared with or even blew away the Schecters and they're fantastic.

It's an Agile 3200 blue burl top that was made custom with a Floyd Rose. Given I play single cut, short scale guitars, this fit my self. It's somewhere in the vicinity of 24.8 inches in scale length, is neck through (so instead of the neck being bolted or glued on, it goes all the way down the length of the body with the sides glued on like wings) and has a deeply cut comfort carve on the back. It has a seymour duncan (SD) Jazz in the neck I've swapped for a roughcast A5 and AN SD black winter bridge. It's fantastic.

I also jumped the bandwagon and got a Firefly 338. Spalted maple style, put on new hardward, new wiring harness with vintage cloth wiring in 50s style wiring and SD Pearly Gates. I actually catch myself grabbing this guitar the most often because it's lightweight, great to play after a fret level and basic setup, and the 50s wiring is really fun because of how the volume and tone interact.

I also own a two strats and unless I need them for a specific tone, I rarely pick them up. On the other hand, I two two telecaster, one of which was a beat up Mexican made tele I had noiseless Gen 4 fender pickups put in and I find myself using this more than the American Made one with actual single coils. Its surprisingly versatile, but that killer twang and cutting high end is fantastic if you need to cut through and I've got a boost circuit in it that on a normal single coil will cause feedback, but not on the noiseless.

If I'm talking about true versatility, I own PRS Customer 24 that another roleplayer/guitar guy I know does a full mod setup on that he calls a PRS-56. That's because it has 56 total combined sounds. He adds SD triple shot rings to a 5 way custom switch that allows for Neck, neck bridge in series, neck bridge in parallel, neck bridge in series but out of phase, and bridge, then each individual pickup can be full, split top, split bottom, or parallel. An ungodly amount of combinations. I use a standard SD Jazz/JB combo because they're a versatile set that both splits and parallels well. If you want just a one guitar session, this will do it. You can get great humbucker sounds, passable strat sounds, and the split JB can even to some spanky twang. He also upgrades the tone control to swap between capacitors so that when running splits, you can have a more usable rolloff. I forgot if he air mods these (that involves removing a spacer in the screw side of coils, pushing the magnet up to them, and then adding a nonconductive material to the other side) which changes the tone and gives more variety to the splits.

I say that because I do own a few epiphones. If not for my agile, I'd jump right in the new Alex Lifeson model. Epiphone has upped their game in the last few years. Their new inspired by Gibson line is incredible. I own a blue plus top pro that is gorgeous and has some green splashed in so it looks like a blue Jean burst. This is one I modded personally, although I'm nowhere near the modding genius of my buddy.

It has a 920D Jimmy page harness, build in tuner, locking tuners, all brass hardware, tusq but, and the pickups are a set of highly personalized seymour duncans. The neck is an 59 bridge model I converted to a neck, air modded, and through in an A6 magnet. It's surprisingly clear without as much of the huge boomy sound, but it still has all of the 59 characteristics. It's much more in your face than a standard 59. It has a Custom in the bridge that's been given a roughcast A8 and that is easily one of my favorite pickups ever. I pick this up a lot, too, when the pearly gates don't push an amp enough. I typically play my less expensive guitars out.

I could go on and on here. I have guitars with fishman fluences (imo superior to EMGs), super strats (not a huge fan), baritones (useful, but only in certain circumstances), and a few unique PRS offerings. I have a Tremonti with the trem that's still a single cut with 4 controls. That thing is fun, trems on single cuts always feel different.

And that doesn't touch my acoustic collection. Recently, I've fell in love with Eastman. The brand is incredible quality for the price that easily competes with Martin or Gibson at half or less the cost when you get into their E line. I have a real j45 and their SS line and the Eastman sounds and feels better, although it doesn't feel as tank like. Outside of that, I do have two Taylors for that more modern sound and inherited a Guild D30 (I think) jumbo that is freaking amazing but arguably one of my most expensive guitars, so I keep it put up. Also a bit of a family heirloom, so I can't exactly replace it.

Anyway, that should be enough to sate anyone's curiosity, and then some.

Teams are on hold because I am unsure of who is still around. There are a few rpers who haven't posted in a while.
I thought we were going to do a collab today? I was gonna work on at least something for Cole (and maybe Callah) during that post. I'm still alive, just following the dates I thought were set. Sorry if I'm mistaken.

I thought we were going to do a collab today? I was gonna work on at least something for Cole (and maybe Callah) during that post. I'm still alive, just following the dates I thought were set. Sorry if I'm mistaken.
You are not. Collab is planned for tonight.

I was more referring to the fact that teams for stuff after our unstructured learning are not set in stone yet.

I own 40 some odd guitars of brands.

My baby is a Gibson Les Paul Recording II. It has a ton of options and is the spiritual successor to the low impedence pickups Les Paul himself tried to push. I've found its amazing (probably my best in this regard) for clean, harmonic sounds and recording for that. I've found it can get that vintage twang or be thick and powerful, but it doesn't do high gain great. It's not bad in the slightest, but I just have others that do it better. It's basically mind blowing for clean to low gain, but it does fall short during medium gain applications comparatively as it's voicing starts to get bland sooner than standard humbucker equipped guitars.

I also own some Schecter guitars that I acquired in trades over the years and still do trade. I have the Cat's Eye Semi Hollow with a Piezo that is pretty fantastic and a Hellraiser FR. The Hellraiser was my main metal guitar (which isn't my normal genre, but I can get heavy), but a few years back I got a guitar that in my opinion compared with or even blew away the Schecters and they're fantastic.

It's an Agile 3200 blue burl top that was made custom with a Floyd Rose. Given I play single cut, short scale guitars, this fit my self. It's somewhere in the vicinity of 24.8 inches in scale length, is neck through (so instead of the neck being bolted or glued on, it goes all the way down the length of the body with the sides glued on like wings) and has a deeply cut comfort carve on the back. It has a seymour duncan (SD) Jazz in the neck I've swapped for a roughcast A5 and AN SD black winter bridge. It's fantastic.

I also jumped the bandwagon and got a Firefly 338. Spalted maple style, put on new hardward, new wiring harness with vintage cloth wiring in 50s style wiring and SD Pearly Gates. I actually catch myself grabbing this guitar the most often because it's lightweight, great to play after a fret level and basic setup, and the 50s wiring is really fun because of how the volume and tone interact.

I also own a two strats and unless I need them for a specific tone, I rarely pick them up. On the other hand, I two two telecaster, one of which was a beat up Mexican made tele I had noiseless Gen 4 fender pickups put in and I find myself using this more than the American Made one with actual single coils. Its surprisingly versatile, but that killer twang and cutting high end is fantastic if you need to cut through and I've got a boost circuit in it that on a normal single coil will cause feedback, but not on the noiseless.

If I'm talking about true versatility, I own PRS Customer 24 that another roleplayer/guitar guy I know does a full mod setup on that he calls a PRS-56. That's because it has 56 total combined sounds. He adds SD triple shot rings to a 5 way custom switch that allows for Neck, neck bridge in series, neck bridge in parallel, neck bridge in series but out of phase, and bridge, then each individual pickup can be full, split top, split bottom, or parallel. An ungodly amount of combinations. I use a standard SD Jazz/JB combo because they're a versatile set that both splits and parallels well. If you want just a one guitar session, this will do it. You can get great humbucker sounds, passable strat sounds, and the split JB can even to some spanky twang. He also upgrades the tone control to swap between capacitors so that when running splits, you can have a more usable rolloff. I forgot if he air mods these (that involves removing a spacer in the screw side of coils, pushing the magnet up to them, and then adding a nonconductive material to the other side) which changes the tone and gives more variety to the splits.

I say that because I do own a few epiphones. If not for my agile, I'd jump right in the new Alex Lifeson model. Epiphone has upped their game in the last few years. Their new inspired by Gibson line is incredible. I own a blue plus top pro that is gorgeous and has some green splashed in so it looks like a blue Jean burst. This is one I modded personally, although I'm nowhere near the modding genius of my buddy.

It has a 920D Jimmy page harness, build in tuner, locking tuners, all brass hardware, tusq but, and the pickups are a set of highly personalized seymour duncans. The neck is an 59 bridge model I converted to a neck, air modded, and through in an A6 magnet. It's surprisingly clear without as much of the huge boomy sound, but it still has all of the 59 characteristics. It's much more in your face than a standard 59. It has a Custom in the bridge that's been given a roughcast A8 and that is easily one of my favorite pickups ever. I pick this up a lot, too, when the pearly gates don't push an amp enough. I typically play my less expensive guitars out.

I could go on and on here. I have guitars with fishman fluences (imo superior to EMGs), super strats (not a huge fan), baritones (useful, but only in certain circumstances), and a few unique PRS offerings. I have a Tremonti with the trem that's still a single cut with 4 controls. That thing is fun, trems on single cuts always feel different.

And that doesn't touch my acoustic collection. Recently, I've fell in love with Eastman. The brand is incredible quality for the price that easily competes with Martin or Gibson at half or less the cost when you get into their E line. I have a real j45 and their SS line and the Eastman sounds and feels better, although it doesn't feel as tank like. Outside of that, I do have two Taylors for that more modern sound and inherited a Guild D30 (I think) jumbo that is freaking amazing but arguably one of my most expensive guitars, so I keep it put up. Also a bit of a family heirloom, so I can't exactly replace it.

Anyway, that should be enough to sate anyone's curiosity, and then some.
Boy that read like a copy pasta but damn if I didn't enjoy it. Sorry to tell you that I ain't good with the technical side, but I tried to keep up. Shecters are close to my heart, but all I got is this dusty LTD that i won't touch because it's grave tech heresy to plug anything into my joke of an amp that someone stole the power cable for two years ago. Had this gorgeous emerald Gibson fivish years ago and if that hadn't been stolen after three months I'd probably still be into electric bois. Instead I sold my soul to this scuffed washburn that broke a string three hours ago. WHY DID THEY HAVE TO STEAL MY GUITAR

Ahem. Anyway how the fuck does one bankroll 40 guitars because I know I can't

Let us check in. Please reply to this post if you are intending to continue with this role play AND are capable of posting once per week as the rules require once things start moving again.

Prizzy Kriyze Prizzy Kriyze Sir Les Paul Sir Les Paul Mineczka Mineczka Japanime Japanime CelticHero37 CelticHero37 The Regal Rper The Regal Rper Solarknight Solarknight RottenVale RottenVale QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel Nobody Special Nobody Special
Never left u bby

Depending on the line, LTDs are fantastic guitars. Same quality as schecter. Sometimes a bit of a one trick pony depending on the specs, but feel good.

My collection has developed over time and not all of them were full retail. I know one guy that is a savant with wiring schemes and can even restore dead pickups and two other home luthiers that love a good project / refinish for moderate prices. We all meet up a few times a year, so cuts shipping costs if I drop stuff off with them. The wiring fella has rewired guitars for recording artists out of Nashville and CA, so he's pretty legit. He doesn't do much in the way of the actual guitar construction, but he is great at the recording side of things and knowing what will work at certain sounds / frequencies with different components. I wasnt as much of a "techie" until I met him and he explained most of it alongside showing me the massive benefits.

If you're looking for a nice budget amp, you can't beat a Boss Katana used for bang for the buck. Even the first version 50 watter is great.

Depending on the line, LTDs are fantastic guitars. Same quality as schecter. Sometimes a bit of a one trick pony depending on the specs, but feel good.

My collection has developed over time and not all of them were full retail. I know one guy that is a savant with wiring schemes and can even restore dead pickups and two other home luthiers that love a good project / refinish for moderate prices. We all meet up a few times a year, so cuts shipping costs if I drop stuff off with them. The wiring fella has rewired guitars for recording artists out of Nashville and CA, so he's pretty legit. He doesn't do much in the way of the actual guitar construction, but he is great at the recording side of things and knowing what will work at certain sounds / frequencies with different components. I wasnt as much of a "techie" until I met him and he explained most of it alongside showing me the massive benefits.

If you're looking for a nice budget amp, you can't beat a Boss Katana used for bang for the buck. Even the first version 50 watter is great.
I'll take this into consideration whenever I have uh
*opens wallet, fly comes out*
money

Let us check in. Please reply to this post if you are intending to continue with this role play AND are capable of posting once per week as the rules require once things start moving again.

Prizzy Kriyze Prizzy Kriyze Sir Les Paul Sir Les Paul Mineczka Mineczka Japanime Japanime CelticHero37 CelticHero37 The Regal Rper The Regal Rper Solarknight Solarknight RottenVale RottenVale QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel Nobody Special Nobody Special

I should be

It's okay!! I'll take any DMs for character interactions - would love to get some *evening plans* done in short collab, maybe? could be cute if anybody has time. Looking at Lucien's dinner ;p

Feel free to tag/Dm/pm me if/whenever you desire to get this done and I'll do my best to write a French, half vampire Gorden Ramsey

Lady Warlock Lady Warlock Whenever you want, we can start working on Noelle and Adelle's interaction. I'm thinking about them getting to know each other better on the second day of unstructured learning, but it doesn't really matter, either day is fine.

The Regal Rper The Regal Rper Same goes for you! I'm guessing Pepe is (unfortunately) down for the count, so if you want to have Dai and Cei meet each other early, we can collab! If you'd rather they meet on a day outside of unstructured learning, that's fine too.

Feel free to shoot me a pm whenever you guys want!

I will be available after I peel my tegaderm dressing off of my new tattoo. Shouldn't be more than 15 minutes but Im a big baby when it comes to peeling stickies off of skin.

Hello again everyone,

I am writing to sadly inform everyone that Japanime will no longer be a part of this roleplay. I had him in multiple rps and due to continuous activity issues, he has been removed from both.

That being said, we now have an open meister spot for a character who would be wielding Adelle. Is there anyone who currently has only one character who would like to create a second character? Alternatively, does anyone know anyone new who might be interested in the spot?

Prizzy Kriyze Prizzy Kriyze The Regal Rper The Regal Rper Nobody Special Nobody Special RottenVale RottenVale Mineczka Mineczka Sir Les Paul Sir Les Paul Solarknight Solarknight QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel

Didn't really have any ideas so just posted a Yuan x Lucien. Feel free to ignore Yuan's call if your character has other plans on day 2 or wouldn't have accepted the invite. Yuan is mostly just messing with Lucien.

Cool tattoo, yo. Incidentally I'm getting a piece done tomorrow as well 👀

Too bad about japanime, but oh well. Is there anyone else who seems to be on the chopping block for now? We seem to have our core group that's active but idk

Too bad about japanime, but oh well. Is there anyone else who seems to be on the chopping block for now? We seem to have our core group that's active but idk
There is no one else on the imminent chopping block. That one was actually a build up due to them having been in two of my RPs (I'm running a smaller One Piece rp presently as well), and missing activity requirements in both of them on a regular basis. I give warnings before I boot people and they were the only one who had even received any warnings so... yeah. That looks like the only one for now.

That being said, we now have an open meister spot for a character who would be wielding Adelle. Is there anyone who currently has only one character who would like to create a second character? Alternatively, does anyone know anyone new who might be interested in the spot?

Prizzy Kriyze Prizzy Kriyze The Regal Rper The Regal Rper Nobody Special Nobody Special RottenVale RottenVale Mineczka Mineczka Sir Les Paul Sir Les Paul Solarknight Solarknight QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel

I have a meister concept that I want to try out that may work well with Adelle given his personality...but I don't remember if there's a character limit, am a bit nervous about biting off more than i can chew, and don't want to take the spot of a new player/2nd character slot...so I can make a temporary one for Adelle if we really need for the 1st mission. Upgraded to permanent only if it works out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back