• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Out of Soul (OOC)

It's not really hugely relevant unless you intended on weighing in or were just interested as to how two different minds approached the same question.

I have a question I cannot come to a conclusion on. What would a team of Luka/Aiden/Rio and Dai/Yuri look like? My brain keeps hitting roadblocks.

I have a question I cannot come to a conclusion on. What would a team of Luka/Aiden/Rio and Dai/Yuri look like? My brain keeps hitting roadblocks.
There's about two or three ways this would go, from what I've seen: They don't work together one bit, and both parties do their own thing. Complete Dysfunction as Dai/Yuri and Luka/Aiden/Rio are almost foils of each other to a degree. Lastly, they work together without much of a problem and it's utterly terrifying.

Though, it could be a dynamic of all three mashed into one. Kinda how (To note the reference above) Castlevania's Trevor/Alucard/Sypha's dynamic works.

Edit: Aiden would likely have the world's meanest headache with that combo. XD

I also don't know how Luka would do handling Dai and his nature. This isn't even a fault on the part of Dai; thus far, Luka doesn't seem terribly adept at handling the type of stress some of the things Dai could say or do that might bring out some of her insecurities. I think Dai works best with someone more assertive and Luka works better with someone that least has more tact.

Hmm, that's a good question! I can speak for Dai and say that it would probably depend on how Luka reacts to the things he says / the way he conducts himself during the mission. I can't imagine she would be too happy with his vulgarity and brashness, but even so, Dai may listen to a scolding from her and get his act together-- depending on her wording.

Do you mean Mifune? Mifune is one of my favorite characters in all of SE. Thing about Mifune is he wasn't a Meister. My headcanon was always that if he had a Demon Weapon and trained with it as well as his soul, he'd have been far stronger, but instead opted to use regular weapons which by far and large are inferior.

As you said, Medusa and Stein also have the same soul type.

I think the Soul seems to be like a muscle. It can be strengthened and used to make it stronger which is ultimately how these super human feats are even managed.

In that regard, I'll reference something you said: Strong body + strong mind = strong soul. And then even earlier, you described Cole as sensory based, but that's not entirely accurate. He just plain can't switch his soul perception off due to his paranornal sensitivity. He has to focus to dampened it, in fact. It's a lot like Kakashi's Sharingan in that regard. Cole has went through Sound Mind training for years to control his paranormal sensitivity alongside been training with Callah with withstand the Thunder wavelength. His soul should be pretty damn tough at this point, and I have canonically shown him working out quite intensely. Given the formula provided, I don't think he'd be terribly far behind the others based on the fact he's a human.

coThat's why I focus more so in the themes of the characters. When I read Dai alongside how he was introduced, he just thematically feels like he should be faster. When I read Vox, same thing, but for different reasons. On the other hand, outside of his race, Lucien seems more like he would be focused on precision and accuracy, not speed. Even Sion seems like he would be more focused on the close range combat, not raw speed. Cole in this regard is a bit of a sleeper here. Lucien and Sion would both probably tear him up if they got their hands on him, so his goal would clearly be to not let that happen.

Dai and Vox clearly to me seem like they would be top speed tier, but the margin shouldn't be ungodly huge and everyone below them would probably require a pretty close review. That's why I was curious. It would be imo extremely close calls.

And that's not even taking into consideration factors like would Lucien even commit himself to something like a standard foot race? I half imagine him being like "how crude of a game" watching Dai and Cole dart off on the 100m.

Notably, not every witch has a strong soul. Canonically, there were only two: the grand witch and Medusa. Otherwise, I don't see much of a reason as evidenced by Kim Diehl that a witch in terms of soul feats should be scaled any differently than a human. Witch souls were added to weapons purely so they could transform.

Yes, I mean Mifune. Brain farted for a moment there, it's also been while since watching soul eater =P

Cole's theme seemed more sensory to me because he seemed more focused on Sound Mind training rather than Sound Body training and the fact that he sort of gives of the "normal guy" vibe, but shall make note of all that going forward. Snipers do have to be decently fast keep their range^^

Yep, Lucien is precision and accuracy focused by he's by no means slow either. Thematically, I get the same vibes as you in regards to Dai and Vox, though moreso for Dai in terms of raw speed than Vox cause boxer's got to be rhythmically accurate as well . I don't think either players meant for their character to so godly fast they are untouchable lol. I do imagine everyone in the RIP class to be within each other's range...but you asked for a tier =P

Just set Lucien running under the hot sun. He'd wilt before long (partly because of his race). I said Lucien's burst speed was fast. I speak nothing of his stamina :closedeyessmile: But of course, he's got teachers like Erzah pushing him to his limits lol. I imagine him suffering alot in Erzah's classes...but he also wants the A. It's his perfectionist tendencies. But your assessment of his commitment isn't entirely inaccurate. It would depend on the stakes of the race and how motivated Lucien is. Currently he's determined to do well in RIP, since he believes it's his last chance at becoming a Deathscythe.

*shrug* I thought I read somewhere that witch souls are inherently stronger than human ones, but I'll concede that point. It's probably because we see a lot normal untrained humans souls in the anime, that witch souls with their special color and pull of magic seem superior. They're always under soul protect, which makes them seem like normal human souls as well...

I really feel like I should be reading this massive conversation, but at the moment, my motivation just isn't there.

Don't worry about it^^ As Sir Les said, it's not hugely relevant.

They're both close distance fighters. Both Dai and Luka seem to be the type to want to get in on the action...

Dual immaturity could be incredibly fun or a recipe for disaster depending on how things play out. In short, I have no idea 😅

Last edited:
After overcoming some of my brain's roadblocks, I have decided that Dai and Luka could be a functional team as long as they aren't expected to plan too far ahead or make major decisions.

Today, it's suuuper slow. (Hence I am on here instead of actually working, yay working from home! ^^)

I wasn't gonna mention anything 'cause it's such a small detail, but Cole was wearing two shirts--he removed the top one. I described this in his first post:

"Of course, Death City was blisteringly hot. Cole opted for a short sleeve, aquamarine button down over a plain white tee and some well-pocketed shorts in a darker blue."

He should be wearing that plain white tee still, he took off the button down. Even in the post where he takes off his shirt, I do word it as over shirt to signify this:

"Cole took off the over shirt he was wearing"

Admittedly, I can see how I may have dug myself into this hole with this line:

"revealing a good portion of his more lean, toned body. No one could say the sniper wasn't in shape, as one would expect from a regiment like the one from his morning."

But in my head, that's was more to two things: the act of taking off the shirt while running revealing his body temporarily and a plain white tee being far more form fitting than an unbuttoned button down.

I mean I guess we could canonically retcon Cole to officially be shirtless, I don't care, but neither I or he intended to go shirtless XD

I wasn't gonna mention anything 'cause it's such a small detail, but Cole was wearing two shirts--he removed the top one. I described this in his first post:

"Of course, Death City was blisteringly hot. Cole opted for a short sleeve, aquamarine button down over a plain white tee and some well-pocketed shorts in a darker blue."

He should be wearing that plain white tee still, he took off the button down. Even in the post where he takes off his shirt, I do word it as over shirt to signify this:

"Cole took off the over shirt he was wearing"

Admittedly, I can see how I may have dug myself into this hole with this line:

"revealing a good portion of his more lean, toned body. No one could say the sniper wasn't in shape, as one would expect from a regiment like the one from his morning."

But in my head, that's was more to two things: the act of taking off the shirt while running revealing his body temporarily and a plain white tee being far more form fitting than an unbuttoned button down.

I mean I guess we could canonically retcon Cole to officially be shirtless, I don't care, but neither I or he intended to go shirtless XD

Fixed it. My bad =P

I didn't even intend on anyone fixing anything lol I just realized when rereading some posts it seemed the majority of people thought he was entirely shirtless and was like "I swore he had two shirts" like you guys had me second guessing myself for a bit 😂😂😂

I didn't even intend on anyone fixing anything lol I just realized when rereading some posts it seemed the majority of people thought he was entirely shirtless and was like "I swore he had two shirts" like you guys had me second guessing myself for a bit 😂😂😂

I only wrote one line mentioning it so it wasn't hard to fix and I strive to be as accurate as possible.

You can blame that 'revealing a good portion of his more lean, toned body' line for fueling people's imaginations, but I think it was mainly Callah's post that fueled mine's 😏

Honestly, I kinda figured more characters (that aren't female) would be taking off their shirts if they don't want it stained like Yuan's. They're playing with paintballs, after all^^

I'm sure after three years, Callah has seem him shirtless lol

Are you sure they're not dating? He's not going out of his way to show her, is he? :grinningteeth:

Their souls literally touch >.< What does his shirt matter?

Proper etiquette when living with a girl, I guess...but I digress^^

UnlawfulKlutzyElkhound-max-1mb.gif

If he's going going to show off, may as well do it properly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back