• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Out of Soul (OOC)

Quick follow up now that I'm on break:

Now that I think about it, just specifically for Vox (not like there's a ship or anything, this is purely hypothetical), if Vox went on a tangent and showed interest, I imagine Aiden would hide it with bravado but internally be as much a deer in headlights as Luka just was for the sonic boom. He might legitimately be calling up Brendan for advice later because most people don't take him serious--they treat his flirtation as superficial.

As for what he would do if Lucien was like, "Bro, I don't approve." in his french accent and classy terminology, Aiden would a) have to take time to process that to see how he really felt about it and b) would probably side with female autonomy and be like "she's her own person, man, talk to her. If it's a big enough deal that she decides to stop, then I'll respect that, but you don't own her." It's really weird, touchy subject I feel reflects real life way more than I care to admit.

Lucien is the selfish sort, sadly.

Though he certainly does respect Sheena enough to let her make her own decisions (she'd do what she wants anyway) you won't hear an end to his complaining if it was someone he really didn't like. Course, he'd probably get tired of complaining at some point.

I feel like this is a lot of head canon for a situation that might end up being something like Vox saying, "Sorry, shield-man, I'm not into short guys."

Aiden is a solid 2+ inches shorter. >.<

80b99f3c710007a8048f723268e879dd.jpg

My break is about over, so unfortunately I won't get to keep this rolling (and spam you beloved folks more), but the hypothetical outcomes I see are these four:

1. Aiden gets shot down. Probably best for Lucien, but Aiden really, really doesn't take rejection well. He'd probably be pretty salty, which I don't mind because character dynamics are fun, even if not always positive. This could be even more interesting if we go with the option where those two specific sets are teamed up.

2. Aiden does not get shot down, but Lucien convinces Vox it's probably not worth the drama, which might actually make sense especially if they're teamed up. Aiden wouldn't really be salty at all in this case, he'd literally approach Lucien exactly the same as in our intro.

3. Aiden does not get shot down and Vox continues. This outcome might result in Vox flying on Aiden's shield like a skateboard for dates >.<

4. RottenVale chimes in like "guys let's not" so I subtly never have Aiden hit on Vox 'cause I'm a nice guy.

Best to just let ships flow naturally is how I like to rp :closedeyessmile:

Course I also enjoy character development and building relations whether it's as friends, frenemies, rivals, lovers, etc.

Lucien is difficult to get along with, but if you can accept his personality you can be his friend. Yuan is easy to get along with, but true friendship for her is hard to find because she tends to be secretive + a little manipulative, so it's hard to tell what she's really feeling. Both have their flaws.

Alright. I am once again reworking the team options because I realized that if Cei replaces Yuri, then I wouldn’t want to put Dai and Cei with Milo and Tavares because then Regal would have both their characters on the same team. I realize that most people are willing to do this if need be, but I don’t like to do it because it's fun to interact with different people.

Regal, the plan is for Cei to come in when the missions start - after all the paintball stuff is resolved. If Pepe comes back before that, then Yuri will remain Dai’s partner and Cei will remain on hold for when needed.

I have actually been considering possibly putting Dai and whoever his partner might be on the same team as Vox and Lucien simply because Professor Ezrah would want them to learn to work together. Plus, it would likely be very amusing for us to observe. If Quirk, Vale or Nobody Special have any thoughts on whether or not this might be interesting, I would love to hear it.

Additionally, I wanted to share with all of you that I have finished planning out the details of the four missions that will be assigned to our four teams once our paintball games are completed. I’m actually quite proud of what I have put together and I think you will all enjoy it.

I have actually been considering possibly putting Dai and whoever his partner might be on the same team as Vox and Lucien simply because Professor Ezrah would want them to learn to work together. Plus, it would likely be very amusing for us to observe. If Quirk, Vale or Nobody Special have any thoughts on whether or not this might be interesting, I would love to hear it.

Lol, Lucien would think Erzah's out to get him, but I don't have a problem with it =P

While I'd been hoping to expand the relationships of my characters by having them interact/work with other characters in the class they've yet to interact with (and letting me rp with different players~), having Lucien and Dai further develop/improve their current relationship isn't something I'd be opposed to. It'd help with character development, in fact, and I don't doubt it'll be amusing. Nobody Special has been a joy to rp with^^

I've been working on the coming pairings more and I came up with two different combinations that I like and that I think could work out. A few things to keep in mind are that these partnerships are not permanent and each meister/weapon combo will get to work with most if not all others in time.

Option 1:
Dai and Yuri + Tavares and Milo
Luka and Aiden/Rio + Yuan and Grace/Erica
Sion and Noelle + Vox and Lucien
Edgar and Adelle + Cole and Callah

Option 2:
Cole and Callah + Dai and Yuri
Edgar and Adelle + Sion and Noelle
Yuan and Grace/Erica + Tavares and Milo
Vox and Lucien + Luka and Aiden/Rio

Also, heads up for Nobody Special Nobody Special and @The Regal Rper... If I have not heard from or seen anything from Pepe by the time the paintball challenge is finished, I will need to replace Yuri. I would like to bring in Regal's other character if they are up for it and if not, there will be an open weapon spot that needs filling.

I'm at a 50/50 split, I think the antics of each team, either way it'll be fun! ^^

Basically, yeah. Not in combat speed. For instance, Cole is pretty damn quick on foot with a lot of endurance, but his HQH combat skills are low enough that I wouldn't put it past some of the Weapons in the roster to actually be able to disable him in a sparring match.

It was actually this thought that had me giving more merit to the Cole / Dai team. Even if Dai is a bit faster on foot, Cole should be quick enough that Dai wouldn't just be blazing past him and getting pissed off. Dai behind enemy lines with Cole covering him or scouting might not make for a bad team-up, albeit they would be a slightly more niche one.

I wonder what the foot speed tiers for the characters would be.

If I had to make a guess...

1. Vox when she's using her wavelength technique (?), just because wavelength = magic = beyond human capabilities.

2. Dai. Literally the only character to have 'I move very fast' under his fighting style.

3. Lucien. He's a dhampir. Burst-speed wise, he tends to be faster than the average human even without trying much.

(I look to Alucard when I think of dhampirs^^)

4. Every other meister.

5. Every other weapon.

Keep in mind this is just my imagination based on what's been written so far and is by no means necessarily accurate (Lucien's placement especially) =P There are also other things to note like Edgar flipping over bullets, Cole being quick on his feet, etc, but most of the characters are E.A.T students that have undergone a degree of physical training (meisters especially) so it's really hard to say who's faster than who.

Basically, yeah. Not in combat speed. For instance, Cole is pretty damn quick on foot with a lot of endurance, but his HQH combat skills are low enough that I wouldn't put it past some of the Weapons in the roster to actually be able to disable him in a sparring match.

It was actually this thought that had me giving more merit to the Cole / Dai team. Even if Dai is a bit faster on foot, Cole should be quick enough that Dai wouldn't just be blazing past him and getting pissed off. Dai behind enemy lines with Cole covering him or scouting might not make for a bad team-up, albeit they would be a slightly more niche one.

Snipers are an all around excellent support, so I think Cole + Callah could fit well in any team ^_^

But yeah, so long as the tank isn't blocking a line of sight, having a close-ranged fighter like Dai distracting the enemy would make it easier for Cole to shoot without having to worry about being attacked.

Given what Blackstar did with pure training alone canonically and Stein did against Medusa's vector magic, I don't tend to place traits above training. These duos be fighting all sorts of creatures that by all rights should be faster, stronger, and more powerful and still come out on top.

By that logic, I do concede that Dai and Vox should be top tier in the base speed ranges, but that's due to my perspective of their themes.

From what I'm seeing, Collah could probably make an effect pair with just about everyone but Ludrio. If she learns to use the wings, they could block shots, but yknow a team with each of my characters together isn't ideal. Lol

Given what Blackstar did with pure training alone canonically and Stein did against Medusa's vector magic, I don't tend to place traits above training. These duos be fighting all sorts of creatures that by all rights should be faster, stronger, and more powerful and still come out on top.

By that logic, I do concede that Dai and Vox should be top tier in the base speed ranges, but that's due to my perspective of their themes.

From what I'm seeing, Collah could probably make an effect pair with just about everyone but Ludrio. If she learns to use the wings, they could block shots, but yknow a team with each of my characters together isn't ideal. Lol

I agree to an extent (since I do believe in natural limits, excluding soul power which every living being with a soul has of course~) , but it's hard to say who has had more training than who just based on the sheets thus far. Lucien doesn't slack in class or anything 😏But yeah, he doesn't like sweating much and I don't imagine weapon classes emphasize physical training as much as meister classes do...which is why his placement is iffy to me in that regard. I'm just using Alucard's speed as a baseline image in my mind, since Soul Eater doesn't really delve into bloodsuckers much...and I have no idea how fast the others imagine their characters.

Dai does very much remind me of Blackstar lol. And Kid, who is a shinigami, is faster than Blackstar, as stated by Stein :closedeyessmile: But of course, faster doesn't mean winning the fight. Yuan trumps Lucien in terms of technique and combat experience.

An effective pairing also depends on the mission they are assigned. I'm sure Lady Warlock (Professor Erzah) is doing their best in assigning pairs that can best accomplish their task^^

Last edited:

It's easier for me to say Dai is faster just because he decided to forgo sensory things as compared to characters like Cole, Edgar, and Sion (who are heavy sensory) to go physical.

Vox is using sensory to amp her speed.

Stein did against Medusa's vector magic,

Stein beat Medusa with the help of Spirit.

Medusa > than Stein by himself (and he's the strongest meister at DWMA)

Witch soul > human soul

Witch soul = human soul + demon weapon. There are exceptions of course, and I don't doubt that a human (with extensive, extensive training) could somehow find a way to beat a witch by themselves...but it's outside the norm.

And from what I'm reading in wiki, bloodsucker souls look kind of like witch souls. All that said, Lucien is only half bloodsucker...and the other half is demon weapon (human?) lol. I threw him up as a base bar line for those that have surpassed normal human physical ability and touch the realm of supernatural physical ability, which I've put Dai and Vox (with her wavelength technique) above ^^ I've no idea about the rest...but DWMA students (in the EAT class) typically end up fighting supernatural creatures (with their demon weapons) as part of their curriculum anyway =P

Last edited:
There is exactly one Bloodsucker that you can draw examples from and that kinda makes for a poor sample size. We have no real point of reference for the gap in attributes at age <25, let alone a Dhampir. Legit, that dude waa like 800 years old and had more transformations than Frieza.

Stein beating Medusa at all is an impressive feat. Look at their arsenal. Stein has his physical attributes and Soul Menace and he's as you said--the strongest Meister in the DWMA. Meisters don't have anything in terms of output power to fight which is why weapons are so necessary.

Just looking at Witches overall, however, Medusa is easily on the stronger side. Outside of the little Chibi witches, there are witches whose magic is literally used to help be a hostess. You've got incredible threats such as Eruka Frog.

But I think one of the biggest pieces of information I can draw from comes in the form of Kim Diehl. She's a witch and a Meister, and based on feats, I'm pretty sure several duos not even in the main cast could just body her.

So, yes, a Witch without a Weapon is far more effective than a Meister without one, but in terms of base stats, I would still say it's extremely individualistic. We've seen top tier witches struggle against Meisters and bottom tier witches that would get bodied. We only have one bloodsucker to draw any data from and nothing to back up one so young or a half breed. If it were a werewolf, we would at least have a larger volume of referenced feats.

And let's not forget end manga Warrior God Blackstar and how well he would likely fair against end manga Shinigami Kidd. At the most extremes (no race should be superior 4o the shinigami base), a human can at least push themselves to match the top bracket.

But this isn't really an argument as much as it is a justification for this perspective: I would rather judge by character themes and feats than traits and races. I think the canon universe showed full well that it's possible for a standard human Meister to match most supernatural threats.

Until, I will add this exception, you get to someone like Crona. Maybe early Crona could have been beaten by Blackstar, but by the end of the manga, Crona was ridiculous and literally became the next kishin in a feat basically only possible due to how Medusa made her. So basically once we start getting to synthetic characters, like Crona or Gopher, there starts to just be completely unfair advantages that no single other race can match.

There is exactly one Bloodsucker that you can draw examples from and that kinda makes for a poor sample size. We have no real point of reference for the gap in attributes at age <25, let alone a Dhampir. Legit, that dude waa like 800 years old and had more transformations than Frieza.

Stein beating Medusa at all is an impressive feat. Look at their arsenal. Stein has his physical attributes and Soul Menace and he's as you said--the strongest Meister in the DWMA. Meisters don't have anything in terms of output power to fight which is why weapons are so necessary.

Just looking at Witches overall, however, Medusa is easily on the stronger side. Outside of the little Chibi witches, there are witches whose magic is literally used to help be a hostess. You've got incredible threats such as Eruka Frog.

But I think one of the biggest pieces of information I can draw from comes in the form of Kim Diehl. She's a witch and a Meister, and based on feats, I'm pretty sure several duos not even in the main cast could just body her.

So, yes, a Witch without a Weapon is far more effective than a Meister without one, but in terms of base stats, I would still say it's extremely individualistic. We've seen top tier witches struggle against Meisters and bottom tier witches that would get bodied. We only have one bloodsucker to draw any data from and nothing to back up one so young or a half breed. If it were a werewolf, we would at least have a larger volume of referenced feats.

And let's not forget end manga Warrior God Blackstar and how well he would likely fair against end manga Shinigami Kidd. At the most extremes (no race should be superior 4o the shinigami base), a human can at least push themselves to match the top bracket.

But this isn't really an argument as much as it is a justification for this perspective: I would rather judge by character themes and feats than traits and races. I think the canon universe showed full well that it's possible for a standard human Meister to match most supernatural threats.

Until, I will add this exception, you get to someone like Crona. Maybe early Crona could have been beaten by Blackstar, but by the end of the manga, Crona was ridiculous and literally became the next kishin in a feat basically only possible due to how Medusa made her. So basically once we start getting to synthetic characters, like Crona or Gopher, there starts to just be completely unfair advantages that no single other race can match.

Point taken. I won't deny that Stein's physical feats are impressive. I just wonder how much of that is a result of his large soul, strengthened by wielding a Deathscythe. Strong body + Strong mind = strong soul, but does that mean a strong soul (made stronger with a demon weapon) lead to an increase in physical abilities/feats? It's certainly something to think about 🤔

I never saw physical strength/speed as a natural trait of witch. They have wavelength (strong soul) + ability to wield magic.

I'm not really arguing either lol. Just spewing my thoughts :coolshades: And yeah we don't have very many examples of bloodsuckers as all, which is why I'm hoping to delve more into them (vampires) through Lucien as the rp progresses. Certainly not canon accurate given the lack of samples, but I enjoy the creative world building aspects of an rp provided lore isn't imploded on. Lucien isn't a very old dhampir (half bloodsucker) either. Physical ability-wise, he's on the higher end for a demon weapon (due to trait and DWMA training), but I don't particularly which of the characters claim/imagine themselves to be faster than him. Just giving people food for imagination because, well, race.

That said, I can get behind your stance with regards to your perspective, feats > race i mean. Actions speak louder than words for me as well.

If a one-star meister could be said to be at the peak of normal human physical limitations, three-star meisters may very well have broken past human limitations to touch the realm of beating supernatural creatures bare handed. When I think of the peak normal human though, I think of Muramasa...and he lost to Blackstar + Tsubaki^^

Last edited:
Do you mean Mifune? Mifune is one of my favorite characters in all of SE. Thing about Mifune is he wasn't a Meister. My headcanon was always that if he had a Demon Weapon and trained with it as well as his soul, he'd have been far stronger, but instead opted to use regular weapons which by far and large are inferior.

As you said, Medusa and Stein also have the same soul type.

I think the Soul seems to be like a muscle. It can be strengthened and used to make it stronger which is ultimately how these super human feats are even managed.

In that regard, I'll reference something you said: Strong body + strong mind = strong soul. And then even earlier, you described Cole as sensory based, but that's not entirely accurate. He just plain can't switch his soul perception off due to his paranornal sensitivity. He has to focus to dampened it, in fact. It's a lot like Kakashi's Sharingan in that regard. Cole has went through Sound Mind training for years to control his paranormal sensitivity alongside been training with Callah with withstand the Thunder wavelength. His soul should be pretty damn tough at this point, and I have canonically shown him working out quite intensely. Given the formula provided, I don't think he'd be terribly far behind the others based on the fact he's a human.

That's why I focus more so in the themes of the characters. When I read Dai alongside how he was introduced, he just thematically feels like he should be faster. When I read Vox, same thing, but for different reasons. On the other hand, outside of his race, Lucien seems more like he would be focused on precision and accuracy, not speed. Even Sion seems like he would be more focused on the close range combat, not raw speed. Cole in this regard is a bit of a sleeper here. Lucien and Sion would both probably tear him up if they got their hands on him, so his goal would clearly be to not let that happen.

Dai and Vox clearly to me seem like they would be top speed tier, but the margin shouldn't be ungodly huge and everyone below them would probably require a pretty close review. That's why I was curious. It would be imo extremely close calls.

And that's not even taking into consideration factors like would Lucien even commit himself to something like a standard foot race? I half imagine him being like "how crude of a game" watching Dai and Cole dart off on the 100m.

Notably, not every witch has a strong soul. Canonically, there were only two: the grand witch and Medusa. Otherwise, I don't see much of a reason as evidenced by Kim Diehl that a witch in terms of soul feats should be scaled any differently than a human. Witch souls were added to weapons purely so they could transform.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back