• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Out of Soul (OOC)

Ah, are we doing soul spaces?

I'd have to say Noelle's is some sort of calming place... perhaps just a field of flowers/plants. Chamomile, Lavender, Jasmine, Damask roses-- scents that help you relax and steady your mood. I think that fits her fairly well, but I might end up changing it, with how indecisive I am 😅 If the time comes for me to describe it, I'll have a concrete idea!

Dai's , of course, is definitely a jungle.

Cole went full tryhard in my last post. 😅😅

In regards to Soul Spaces, I would imagine Aiden's is really zen and peaceful. I'm thinking like grandparents house with a pond out back, maybe like a 40 acre hillside and some woods. Really tranquil, small life connecting back to his grandparents, but likely with a lot of shield and wing motifs and themes that somehow aren't terribly uncozy. As for Cole, I'm going to have to really think about his... I don't know how I want to incorporate the whole spiritual sensitivity into him yet. He does have other facets.

And in regards to pairings, I think Luka/Aiden/Rio are so damn versatile they could effectively be paired with anyone. And since Cole and Callah are a ranged duo, I think it would be best to pair them with a well rounded duo like Sion/Noelle or Luka/Aiden/Rio. I'm not sure how I'd feel about both my characters being in the same team, but I think it would be fine. Teammates are far less integrated than partners.

Cole had some pretty decent points - foremost among them the fact that any single team should be able to disable paintball turrets without too much trouble because paintballs are... well, paintballs. Additionally, I'm glad he's expecting their "twist" to be something more difficult because it will be an interesting one.

Honestly isn't sure what it will be yet. I do have ideas.

Surprisingly, no one on the observing team has noticed that Yuan disabled a turret with a switch on the side. I feel like that would've been an important detail for one of them to catch.

Surprisingly, no one on the observing team has noticed that Yuan disabled a turret with a switch on the side. I feel like that would've been an important detail for one of them to catch.

Call me out on the late Cole post. Should he have been using the scope, might have caught that. Instead, I decided focusing on team dynamics would be more useful. Hopefully, we can catch her doing it again thus canonically know all they have to do is switch them off. But, alas, I made my Telltale Choice of [Devise Plan] over [Watch Team A], so I shall live with it.

Call me out on the late Cole post. Should he have been using the scope, might have caught that. Instead, I decided focusing on team dynamics would be more useful. Hopefully, we can catch her doing it again thus canonically know all they have to do is switch them off. But, alas, I made my Telltale Choice of [Devise Plan] over [Watch Team A], so I shall live with it.
No worries. No worries at all.

Yeah, I'm honestly more interested in how the other characters will react to an actual detailed plan instead of spit balling. That'll be the real testament of teamwork.

I was giving a bunch of thought to soul space and sound and shit back when I was writing Sion, but I was figuring it hopefully wasn't going to come up before he'd changed enough as a person. My first idea was an armchair on a curb in a city street that's on fire, with the sounds of thousands of tiny insects screeching and popping in the heat. Milo, on the other hand, is pretty much just this on a warm, calm day.

Was planning on referring back to that later rather than info-dumping what had already been written. There's so much to write about and so few brain cells in my head

Also, checking in with a few souls... Jhin Jhin Japanime Japanime

Y'all still here? It's been a few days - I think - since I've seen either of your beautiful names posting OOC stuffs.

No trouble or nothin'. I just like to check on my friends!

Hopefully, we can catch her doing it again thus canonically know all they have to do is switch them off.

Yuri's turret seems to have a panel with a key though, so I figured every turret was a bit different and it was up to the disabling player to decide.

Sir Les Paul Sir Les Paul I need to know what Cole meant with the elephant in the room by the way, since iirc three characters to my memory has mentioned the twist already, was there something else about it specifically he wanted to shine a light on? Your post, along with my own memory of playing paintball, got me thinking though. It's not exactly unlikely or unusual for paintballs to not even burst on impact, so if we picked one up that landed in grass or whatever, could we just crack that over the sensors and blind them? They're also pretty easy to clog up. Stick something in the barrel for a second and the paint will build up until it can't fire anymore. I'm wondering if that might actually work for this.

There was hardly a detriment to being hit with paintballs [...] it didn't appear anyone else caught onto this.
You hurt me. It's like I didn't just post :,^(

Also, I guess did mention walking up and shutting them off with Sion. My memory is giving up. Also it's 4AM and I should be sleeping, but y'all post at these hours and I want to read 😤

Yuri's turret seems to have a panel with a key though, so I figured every turret was a bit different and it was up to the disabling player to decide.
True.

There might be a few that operate a bit differently. Most of them have a switch. I will say that right now for clarification. Probably two with a key needed.

Yeah. Let's go with that.

It's not exactly unlikely or unusual for paintballs to not even burst on impact, so if we picked one up that landed in grass or whatever, could we just crack that over the sensors and blind them? They're also pretty easy to clog up. Stick something in the barrel for a second and the paint will build up until it can't fire anymore. I'm wondering if that might actually work for this.
These options probably would work, btw.

was there something else about it specifically he wanted to shine a light on?

Yes. Cole is specifically emphasizing the fact that the twist is to make it harder. It's not just reiterating the point, but more so he's trying get to the why behind the difficulty spike. In Cole's opinion, the reason for the difficulty spike/twist isn't just because their team might gain knowledge from the other--that will still hold true no matter what. It's to try and lessen the huge advantage they have insofar that they have time to discuss a plan. I can entirely see why based on my wording you would interpret it as him just repeating there will be a twist, but basically he's wanting to get in the head space that whatever said twist is, it's something that they likely won't be able to pre-plan for.

Given Athena hasn't even decided what said twist will be, this is just as much headcannon as anything else.

You hurt me. It's like I didn't just post :,^(

My apologies. When I post for Cole, I'm posting essentially from his perspective. To Cole, getting hit with a paint ball in the grand scheme of things isn't that big of a deal, even if it is to Milo. He'd probably just tell him to strip down if it's that big of a deal, honestly. lol

Unless you're referring to your post with Sion in which case I did reference it vaguely with this: "It incorporated several ideas the others had come up with, but in a more refined, applicable way."

Sion was planning on going with Tavares regardless. Mostly what Cole was doing was formalizing the buddy system for the entire team would be best. Sion and Cole are thinking along the same lines, Cole is just thinking from the perspective of the whole team, not just he and Callah will do.

Aside from that, Cole didn't exactly factor in what Sion did: how they would be graded. To Cole, it's black and white. Fail or succeed. If anything, Cole and Sion were yet again along the same lines when Sion said "We haven't been told that we fail if we get hit too much, so honestly we could just grit our teeth and walk up to the turrets and shut them off normally" and Cole internally thought 'any single pair would be able to successfully pull this off, albeit with a few bruises'. The primary reason Cole interjected with his outline of what to do and his perspective instead of immediately siding with Sion is that Sion seemed really emphatic on what 'he' would do, not what the 'team' should do. He said he would stick to Tavares which is right in line with Cole's idea, but he didn't mention what Cole, Callah, Luka, Rio, or Aiden should do. Cole outright admit he can't snipe 'all' the paintballs, so perching himself somewhere would be madly inefficient--he should be mobile, too, if he's to add anything to the team.

Had Sion said the exact same thing then told Cole he should do the same with Luka, I kid you not, you'd have basically cut out two huge paragraphs of dialogue for me.

Edit: And, to be quite honest, Cole is aware his plan is quite similar to that of Sion's, he's just personally more concerned about not upsetting Callah who just said they could take a defense standpoint somewhere and provide cover. Cole is of the opinion he and Callah should be more pro-active and help disarm the turrets which was virtually the opposite of her idea.

Last edited:
These options probably would work, btw.

lol, I kinda figured that might fall under damaging the equipment which is what Yuan told the twins when they gave similar suggestions 😅

Cole had some pretty decent points - foremost among them the fact that any single team should be able to disable paintball turrets without too much trouble because paintballs are... well, paintballs.

Both my characters are working under assumption that it's a serious lesson and that the paintballs are meant to simulate actual bullets (without being dangerous), though less so for Yuan since she was already struck pretty early on^^ But yeah, I didn't think it was meant to be difficult lesson, which was I just had Yuan disable one the simple way. Also because I didn't want Group B to have to wait in the sidelines for too long =P

Last edited:
lol, I kinda figured that might fall under damaging the equipment which is what Yuan told the twins when they gave similar suggestions 😅
Meh. Maybe? Ezrah would tolerate these more than he would just smashing the turrets outright.
Both my characters are working under assumption that it's a serious lesson and that the paintballs are meant to simulate actual bullets (without being dangerous), though less so for Yuan since she was already struck pretty early on^^ But yeah, I didn't it was meant to be difficult lesson, which was I just had Yuan disable one the simple way. Also because I didn't want Group B to have to wait in the sidelines for too long =P
It really wasn't meant to be a long exercise and neither was it meant to be too difficult. The difficult aspect is meant to be the fact that they're all working with new partners who they've really never worked with before.

Yes. Cole is specifically emphasizing the fact that the twist is to make it harder. It's not just reiterating the point, but more so he's trying get to the why behind the difficulty spike. In Cole's opinion, the reason for the difficulty spike/twist isn't just because their team might gain knowledge from the other--that will still hold true no matter what. It's to try and lessen the huge advantage they have insofar that they have time to discuss a plan. I can entirely see why based on my wording you would interpret it as him just repeating there will be a twist, but basically he's wanting to get in the head space that whatever said twist is, it's something that they likely won't be able to pre-plan for.

Given Athena hasn't even decided what said twist will be, this is just as much headcannon as anything else.

My apologies. When I post for Cole, I'm posting essentially from his perspective. To Cole, getting hit with a paint ball in the grand scheme of things isn't that big of a deal, even if it is to Milo. He'd probably just tell him to strip down if it's that big of a deal, honestly. lol

Unless you're referring to your post with Sion in which case I did reference it vaguely with this: "It incorporated several ideas the others had come up with, but in a more refined, applicable way."

Sion was planning on going with Tavares regardless. Mostly what Cole was doing was formalizing the buddy system for the entire team would be best. Sion and Cole are thinking along the same lines, Cole is just thinking from the perspective of the whole team, not just he and Callah will do.

Aside from that, Cole didn't exactly factor in what Sion did: how they would be graded. To Cole, it's black and white. Fail or succeed. If anything, Cole and Sion were yet again along the same lines when Sion said "We haven't been told that we fail if we get hit too much, so honestly we could just grit our teeth and walk up to the turrets and shut them off normally" and Cole internally thought 'any single pair would be able to successfully pull this off, albeit with a few bruises'. The primary reason Cole interjected with his outline of what to do and his perspective instead of immediately siding with Sion is that Sion seemed really emphatic on what 'he' would do, not what the 'team' should do. He said he would stick to Tavares which is right in line with Cole's idea, but he didn't mention what Cole, Callah, Luka, Rio, or Aiden should do. Cole outright admit he can't snipe 'all' the paintballs, so perching himself somewhere would be madly inefficient--he should be mobile, too, if he's to add anything to the team.

Had Sion said the exact same thing then told Cole he should do the same with Luka, I kid you not, you'd have basically cut out two huge paragraphs of dialogue for me.

Edit: And, to be quite honest, Cole is aware his plan is quite similar to that of Sion's, he's just personally more concerned about not upsetting Callah who just said they could take a defense standpoint somewhere and provide cover. Cole is of the opinion he and Callah should be more pro-active and help disarm the turrets which was virtually the opposite of her idea.
I just didn't know how to formulate that I wasn't sure if people had gotten notifs for my second post because it seemed to me y'all were talking without that post in context, last night.

Screenshot_20210517-075853_YouTube.jpg
Good morning, say it back

Last edited:
https://scontent.farn1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.15752-9/186865893_3521664641268719_1758088039980597080_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=ae9488&_nc_ohc=zD6I1XWffiIAX_cLEGG&_nc_ht=scontent.farn1-1.fna&oh=144b628f743d7f22f5c1c013814c9fb8&oe=60C94FF0
This is Instant Ramen (Or Speednoodle, because rough translation from Swedish, Schnoodle for short)
https://scontent.farn1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.15752-9/188217329_4142266872497057_3511445407993291636_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=ae9488&_nc_ohc=BxYj9_pG1ywAX_7egtO&_nc_ht=scontent.farn1-1.fna&oh=9ef1a9ca0a12a2a0c911d5d5056e58ad&oe=60C804FB
He is a thick and useless bean but I love him
https://scontent.farn1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.15752-9/186965874_806548956665009_777597911909192909_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=ae9488&_nc_ohc=2nBpDgWzZA0AX85TXsa&_nc_ht=scontent.farn1-1.fna&oh=1fb938cd91da886bea25f294715f9f66&oe=60C86EB1
This is Queenie, immediately after being caught licking receipts. Furry ball of nice, but also murderous
https://scontent.farn1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.15752-9/186540189_470408250891823_8002188249848474191_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=ae9488&_nc_ohc=cwPD_BcaVIUAX9X4zvU&_nc_ht=scontent.farn1-1.fna&oh=e981e773dedec8274ce69b32619c2976&oe=60C9EAA9
and scuffed
That is all

IMG_20200110_161805.jpgOoh are we posting cat pictures~? Here's my baby Gwendolyn, the biggest cuddlebug I've ever met. She also loves boxes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back