• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Out of Soul (OOC)

It does look like it will be pairing proposal #2 although if people would like to propose any modifications, I am open to hearing things at this point. The rp has started, but I am waiting on all you guys to post before I have Ezrah partner everyone up.

On second look, number two might be the most solid across the board. Really feels like all the characters fit together. Still, I want to hear some input before I cast a vote, even if it's just symbolic ^^

Dai and Yuri:
I think this was quite honestly the best option for Dai because Yuri’s weapon form works very well with his savagery and strength. It has options as his fighting progresses to become more skilled rather than brute if that ever does happen. Their personalities match quite well in my opinion - not that they’re similar, but they complement one another well. These two are going to be the go in without second thought and start beating on whatever they find and I’m glad to have that.

Edgar and Adelle:
In my opinion, this is the weakest pairing in this option, but it does have a lot of potential. Edgar is a very versatile meister so he can definitely put a multi-form weapon to good use and Adelle will respect that he is capable of using all her forms equally even if she initially distrusts him by nature of him being a man. They both value knowledge and I think that once they recognize this common ground, they’ll be able to move forward as an efficient team and probably even step up as leaders of our class.

Cole and Callah:
Ah… the one pairing that was certain even before voting. These two are the only characters I’m aware of so far that actually have an established history together. They’re already a solid partnership even before the time of the first post. They’re gonna have everyone’s back throughout all our adventures and the fact that Cole will keep Callah at a distance prevents anyone from being too disrupted by her Thunderous Wavelength.

Luka and Aiden / Erica:
This is one of the pairings I am most excited about because it basically allows teeny tiny Luka - the baby of the class - to become our knight in shining armor. With Aiden, she’s gonna tank, but she’s also small and because he’ll resonate well with her, she’ll be light enough on her feet to do some pretty nifty stuff with an axe. Her and Erica are both gonna be the shy ones of the class, I think, so it helps that they get to stick together. And then Aiden’s just gonna round that personality out real nicely.

Yuan and Grace:
We gave the lady from the chinese mafia an axe. I think that pretty much sums this up nicely. Grace is social and will probably mesh well with Yuan’s charisma. These two can probably be sneaky or forceful depending on the need. I can also imagine a scene where these two are working together with Luka and her partners and Erica just gets tossed back and forth as needed. That will require some work on relations between Luka and Yuan first, but I definitely think we’ll get there in time.

Sion and Noelle:
I think Noelle would have fit well anywhere, but I definitely know that Sion is going to be very versatile in how he uses her weapon form. I think he’s one of the few who is used to non-traditional weapons so I don’t think there’s going to be any initial judgement which will certainly help bring Noelle into the fold of the class right away. Beyond that, I think Sion’s going to be very creative in the different functions Noelle possesses and her more kind nature will probably temper Sion very well.

Vox and Lucien:
Lucien’s weapon form is small enough that Vox can still get in to throw punches - something she has a lot of experience with - and the knife could even be incorporated into those. I think Vox’s personality will mesh well with Lucien’s and she’ll certainly learn some pretty good recipes along the way. She’ll probably receive Lucien’s food criticisms without too much frustration as well. There may be some minor difficulties in the fact that Lucien isn’t able to consume many souls, but I think they’ll push through it well.

Just throwing my thoughts and analysis out there. If I got anyone’s character wrong, please let me know!

Dai and Yuri:
I think this was quite honestly the best option for Dai because Yuri’s weapon form works very well with his savagery and strength. It has options as his fighting progresses to become more skilled rather than brute if that ever does happen. Their personalities match quite well in my opinion - not that they’re similar, but they complement one another well. These two are going to be the go in without second thought and start beating on whatever they find and I’m glad to have that.

Edgar and Adelle:
In my opinion, this is the weakest pairing in this option, but it does have a lot of potential. Edgar is a very versatile meister so he can definitely put a multi-form weapon to good use and Adelle will respect that he is capable of using all her forms equally even if she initially distrusts him by nature of him being a man. They both value knowledge and I think that once they recognize this common ground, they’ll be able to move forward as an efficient team and probably even step up as leaders of our class.

Cole and Callah:
Ah… the one pairing that was certain even before voting. These two are the only characters I’m aware of so far that actually have an established history together. They’re already a solid partnership even before the time of the first post. They’re gonna have everyone’s back throughout all our adventures and the fact that Cole will keep Callah at a distance prevents anyone from being too disrupted by her Thunderous Wavelength.

Luka and Aiden / Erica:
This is one of the pairings I am most excited about because it basically allows teeny tiny Luka - the baby of the class - to become our knight in shining armor. With Aiden, she’s gonna tank, but she’s also small and because he’ll resonate well with her, she’ll be light enough on her feet to do some pretty nifty stuff with an axe. Her and Erica are both gonna be the shy ones of the class, I think, so it helps that they get to stick together. And then Aiden’s just gonna round that personality out real nicely.

Yuan and Grace:
We gave the lady from the chinese mafia an axe. I think that pretty much sums this up nicely. Grace is social and will probably mesh well with Yuan’s charisma. These two can probably be sneaky or forceful depending on the need. I can also imagine a scene where these two are working together with Luka and her partners and Erica just gets tossed back and forth as needed. That will require some work on relations between Luka and Yuan first, but I definitely think we’ll get there in time.

Sion and Noelle:
I think Noelle would have fit well anywhere, but I definitely know that Sion is going to be very versatile in how he uses her weapon form. I think he’s one of the few who is used to non-traditional weapons so I don’t think there’s going to be any initial judgement which will certainly help bring Noelle into the fold of the class right away. Beyond that, I think Sion’s going to be very creative in the different functions Noelle possesses and her more kind nature will probably temper Sion very well.

Vox and Lucien:
Lucien’s weapon form is small enough that Vox can still get in to throw punches - something she has a lot of experience with - and the knife could even be incorporated into those. I think Vox’s personality will mesh well with Lucien’s and she’ll certainly learn some pretty good recipes along the way. She’ll probably receive Lucien’s food criticisms without too much frustration as well. There may be some minor difficulties in the fact that Lucien isn’t able to consume many souls, but I think they’ll push through it well.

Just throwing my thoughts and analysis out there. If I got anyone’s character wrong, please let me know!
I think you might've hit it on the head 😌

Now appreciate me because I'm posting even though I have to get up in 4 hours :xFcool:👉👉

Nobody Special Nobody Special Did you make him taller? I swear he was much shorter when I first read his profile. :smilepuff:

Prizzy Kriyze Prizzy Kriyze They would go together really well combat-wise due to Sion's speed and versatility. Sion possessing both melee & ranged weapon experience would compliment Yuri's weapon form. A lot of the cast seems to be assertive but in different ways. I can see that conflicting pretty violently when their goals don't align, but when they do they would be a dangerous force. Though Yuri's first task would be to get rid of all of his piercings + streetwear and replace it with a nice suit and tie.

Random thing: I need to know what all these 18, 19 and 20 year old meisters think of the fact that there is a 13 year old autistic child in their class.

I don't see HER in R.I.P class! But I want to know how you think about it at as well. Thoughts?

The way I wrote her, she's a Death Scythe candidate and I kinda imagined her with a flame element. I know we were asked not to make them for ouuuuuur characters, but I didn't really think it'd matter nearly as much for a background character. Given that he was accepted, I assumed these were minor details that Lady Warlock didn't care about much, but she can chime in. In short, though, his sister is supposed to be a total badass.

Lord Death specifically selected talented students for the R.I.P. class. However, there were more requirements. He needed to know they could be flexible and change quickly to adjust to ever changing situations. That's why students had to be 20 or younger for R.I.P. Anyone older is likely very set in doing what works for them and that's completely fine. It's just not going to work well with the class. He also needed to know that those in R.I.P. had the time to devote to it and that they could withstand exhaustion. One of the plans is that the students will eventually refer to it as the "Rest in Pieces" class because you don't get to rest unless you are in pieces.

Lord Death specifically selected talented students for the R.I.P. class. However, there were more requirements. He needed to know they could be flexible and change quickly to adjust to ever changing situations. That's why students had to be 20 or younger for R.I.P. Anyone older is likely very set in doing what works for them and that's completely fine. It's just not going to work well with the class. He also needed to know that those in R.I.P. had the time to devote to it and that they could withstand exhaustion. One of the plans is that the students will eventually refer to it as the "Rest in Pieces" class because you don't get to rest unless you are in pieces.

Yeah, I think I imagined her as like 26 or something along those lines, too, so that would likely disqualify her immediately.

Random thing: I need to know what all these 18, 19 and 20 year old meisters think of the fact that there is a 13 year old autistic child in their class.
Easy.
Bruh what the fuck there's an actual child in here.
why

More honestly though, Sion will question it, but he knew the stuff he did at her age so it'd be out of his place to criticize.

Nobody Special Nobody Special Did you make him taller? I swear he was much shorter when I first read his profile. :smilepuff:

Prizzy Kriyze Prizzy Kriyze They would go together really well combat-wise due to Sion's speed and versatility. Sion possessing both melee & ranged weapon experience would compliment Yuri's weapon form. A lot of the cast seems to be assertive but in different ways. I can see that conflicting pretty violently when their goals don't align, but when they do they would be a dangerous force. Though Yuri's first task would be to get rid of all of his piercings + streetwear and replace it with a nice suit and tie.

I think I had him at 5'6 at first, and I brought him up. I don't remember why 😂

You know what? He's going back too 5'6. More room for teasing!

Dai doesn't qualify for any of those ages, but he's definitely gonna be calling her a runt for a little while.

Easy.
Bruh what the fuck there's an actual child in here.
why

More honestly though, Sion will question it, but he knew the stuff he did at her age so it'd be out of his place to criticize.
What will his thoughts be when she shows she can go toe to toe with him regardless of what kind of weapon you put in her hands?

xD

On another note, Sir Les Paul Sir Les Paul , I have this scene in my head that would have happened before the rp starts.

Luka is trying to learn how to use a gun. It's one of the few weapons her father wouldn't have really taught her about with his knowledge of martial arts. So she's in a DWMA firing range trying to figure it out and doing something horribly wrong though she doesn't know that. And then Cole walks in, sees it, and corrects it. Then he ends up teaching her how to use a gun... not to his level, of course, but enough that she wouldn't be lost if one fell into her hands.

Thoughts?
Psst! Sir Les Paul Sir Les Paul

Aiden isn't one to really question why Luka is there or that he is paired with her. He certainly won't be upset. But, he is going to be mad protective. Aiden is basically paired with two considerably smaller girls, his inner white knight is gonna come out hard. This may change as the story progresses, but Aiden is probably going to interpret this partnership as giving the youngest, most fragile Meister there a borderline impenetrable shield for protection. Like, that's just job. His duty. Someone fucks with Luka, he's gonna pull a Vegeta on Beerus screaming, "that's my Bulma!" except Aiden actually doesn't have the offense to back it up. If for some reason Luka got hurt, he'd probably be like, "you rest here," then go to Dai and be like "You. Me. Them. Broken skulls. No more words." This is my "initial" thoughts on how Aiden will perceive the pairing.

Cole is basically going to look at her and be like "Death-damnit, another teeny bopper to protect." Again, he won't necessarily be angry or frustrated, but more so annoyed given that he's going to assume she's mad inexperienced and likely to cause an issue he and Callah would need to clean up. Interpersonally, he would still be nice and supporting to her. You mentioned earlier about a scene with him teaching her how to fire a gun. Cole would absolutely be down to do that. He's not going to be spiteful or hateful unless the more aggressive/obnoxious of the group go making trouble.

You mentioned earlier about a scene with him teaching her how to fire a gun. Cole would absolutely be down to do that. He's not going to be spiteful or hateful unless the more aggressive/obnoxious of the group go making trouble.
Yay!!

I also imagine Cole has been in some classes with her or seen her training in passing so has some semblance of knowledge as to how capable she is.

Yay!!

I also imagine Cole has been in some classes with her or seen her training in passing so has some semblance of knowledge as to how capable she is.

Yeah, he's not going to question her skill, more so the experience. Cole is of the mind that decision making comes with age and wisdom and even being lowkey prodigal can't supplement that.

I'm going on for #2, because it feels right as a complete picture. Here are the thoughts on pairings!

#1. Vox and Adelle Lady Warlock Lady Warlock
Vox is respectful of distance, so these two might be initially very awkward, but I love the idea of Vox as a sort of improptu mentor (which is not something she's ever had experience with). Adele's severe nature would likely keep her in line to some extent and I think they would synergize well (although we might overuse her club form a bit). This difference in combat strategy could be an interesting obstacle for the pair to overcome. This has the potential to have the feeling of a sibling story, honestly, with the caveat that the self-obsessed older sister is really really into boxing. I see arguments in this future. I also like that they're extremely visually distinct, almost stylistic opposites.

#2. Vox and Lucien QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel
On the other hand, I can see Vox and Lucien getting into all sorts of shenanigans together. I imagine them sitting in a coffee shop together, staking out a house, and as Lucian laments the quality of the pastries Vox stares directly his eyes, dead behind them, and grabs for it like "....so you're not eating it, then?" Absolutely phenomenal. They're probably aware of each other over time, and Vox would have been known for being r e c l u s i v e and just a little bit different to work with. I like this pairing a lot.

#3. Vox and Aiden Sir Les Paul Sir Les Paul
This mirrors the vibes with Adelle, but might be more directly confrontational, seeing as Aiden doesn't seem as likely to push back when Vox presses for getting as close as possible. Although Aiden isn't really into being a weapon, Vox loves her position as a meister, and wants to be the very best tm. I don't think she'd... understand his position on his state as a weapon; we PROGRESS and go HARD in this house. May not be as compatible as I want them to be, but Vox thinks the shield is very very cool, so getting along with Aiden would be a challenge in that way.

Vox RE:Luca: Oh, I remember being that age. Combat-thirsty and single-minded. I'm glad her parents are letting her follow her dreams :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back