Out of Character (OOC) Chatter

Okay guys, few more notes:

1. If you want to shift ahead time-wise keep in mind other characters have to catch up with you time-wise before you can interact again. And make sure you talk with me before you do a significant time skip since there are NPCs around that can and will do stuff as a reaction to you guys. Someone might approach you between tasks, or you might have a difficulty going from one place to another, etc.
  2. I'll do a GM post tonight with basic Psydrium geography that is known/seen by the characters thus far.
  3. I'm on vacation this week, so my posting will be limited to nights. Next week I'll be back to my regular obsessive RPing schedule though!
  4. Please, please do not do descriptions of the town, or NPCs, seize control of them, etc. without checking with me first. Chances are it's probably okay, but I don't want characters visiting a museum that doesn't exist or talking to a NPC I know will interact with them in a very specific way. I have a few 'special' NPCs that you guys don't know about that I specifically need to control because they are involved with the mystery. =D
  5. I appreciate Wixard's ingenuity, but there can't be a psionic energy tracking mechanism of any sorts. A good chunk of this RP is subterfuge and suspense that would be negated with this sort of device. If you guys want to make special tech, or want to try to insert an NPC or side character, I am totally open to it as long as it doesn't interfere with the plot and can work with the stuff I have in place. Psionics are unexplainable despite the best efforts of the best minds in the Psydrium community. So keep this in mind too. Although you may discover some new exciting nuances of it soon!

1. I appreciate Wixard's ingenuity, but there can't be a psionic energy tracking mechanism of any sorts. A good chunk of this RP is subterfuge and suspense that would be negated with this sort of device. If you guys want to make special tech, or want to try to insert an NPC or side character, I am totally open to it as long as it doesn't interfere with the plot and can work with the stuff I have in place. Psionics are unexplainable despite the best efforts of the best minds in the Psydrium community. So keep this in mind too. Although you may discover some new exciting nuances of it soon!

Aww, thanks. Also, darn, idk what to do now.

@shatteredxfrost - ETA on your post?

I will be posting tomorrow for Novalie and Leon. I'm in Florida which is about to get a storm, so barring any lack of power from Hurricane Matthew I'll have time to write!

@shatteredxfrost - ETA on your post?

I will be posting tomorrow for Novalie and Leon. I'm in Florida which is about to get a storm, so barring any lack of power from Hurricane Matthew I'll have time to write!

Hey, I should be getting the back half of that same storm tonight or tomorrow morning. East coast ftw! Lol. JKJK.

@Wixard- Your dude in the timeline at minimum 20 minutes ahead of the group in the hotel? Give us some time to catch up. For the other characters only a couple minutes have passed, but your character has been doing research that would have taken some time to complete. By the time he gets back to the hotel the other characters may be gone or have left and returned already.

Just reminding everyone to post since it's been a few days now. I know Emiya is in the middle of midterms and Sims is working on cranking something else before he churns out a post. If we're going to divide into two groups (probably five characters in one, four in the other) your characters might want to state who they prefer to venture out with. Or they can go talk to hotel staff and then decide if they want to go that route.

I'm currently in exam period (have a 3000 word essay on the Turing Test to write -_-), so I'll be a bit slow at times, but I'll try put something together very soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for the neglect, folks! I have been recovering from surgery over the last week and I am finally feeling a lot more human today than I have prior. I will be doing a Novalie & Leon post to get things moving along either tomorrow or Saturday. @simj22 I am told is working on his post very soon. I have not heard from @Kiroshiven , @Emiya Shin , or @shatteredxfrost  yet. Since shattered has been gone the longest I'll shuffle Kiro and Emiya's characters into groups, but I will have shattered's character left behind at the hotel if she doesn't reappear and we can fold her in later if the need arises!

Sorry for the neglect, folks! I have been recovering from surgery over the last week and I am finally feeling a lot more human today than I have prior. I will be doing a Novalie & Leon post to get things moving along either tomorrow or Saturday. @simj22 I am told is working on his post very soon. I have not heard from @Kiroshiven , @Emiya Shin , or @shatteredxfrost  yet. Since shattered has been gone the longest I'll shuffle Kiro and Emiya's characters into groups, but I will have shattered's character left behind at the hotel if she doesn't reappear and we can fold her in later if the need arises!

I apologize for the delay. I've barely done much on here as of recent and have been dealing with some emotional severance issues, basically I m having trouble feeling much of anything as of late. This makes it hard for me to write much at all.

@simj22 promised me a post... so Leon and Novalie tomorrow so I give him another day. I want to allow Madison to give input as to what group she'd like to be part of. Since shattered has disappeared, and Wixard's character wandered off, we can either navigate with an 8-person group, two 4-person groups, or do a 5-person and 3-person group?

Reminder to post. I need pooooosts. Happy Halloween everyone! I hope you got a lot of candy, I know my 4-year-old is going to be on a sugar rush until spring...

Who we waiting on? And do they still exist?

Wait ... is it me? It's not me, is it? I thought there were a couple of others ...

Who we waiting on? And do they still exist?

Wait ... is it me? It's not me, is it? I thought there were a couple of others ...

We are splitting into two groups since it appears that's what most folks want to do.

Group 1: Leon, Madison by @simj22 , Sophie by Emiya (posted), and Collin by @Collinbu98

Group 2: Novalie, Matthew by @Collidias Rex , Angeline by @Cheryl , and Minerva by @Kiroshiven

I tagged everyone we are waiting on. =) Collidias, you can post or wait on Cheryl or Kiro (if he's out of his writing funk), but there's no need to wait on Sims and Collin since they'll be venturing in another group. Matthew's gonna go visit an old lady, his favorite!

Ah sorry, I've just been going through some stuff this week with mock tests and family stuff. I'll try to get a post up as soon as I can :) .

EDIT: I'll make a post tomorrow, having writer's block right now.

@Syrenrei

Quick question: Am I allowed to put little snippets of our character's history in our posts? I just want Angeline to think about the time the Preservers came to take her and what happened to her brother.

@Syrenrei

Quick question: Am I allowed to put little snippets of our character's history in our posts? I just want Angeline to think about the time the Preservers came to take her and what happened to her brother.

@Syrenrei

Sure, just generally consult with me if it's not something in your character's established background so I can make sure it jives with the setting. For example, if you inserted a Justicar into a background that is actually the name of a real NPC Justicar I have planned, we might need to adjust things. Or if you mention knowing an important NPC like a sage. =)

Users who are viewing this thread