Out of Character (OOC) Chatter

Syrenrei

Connoisseur of Romance

Please feel to post whatever suits your fancy!

Memes are welcome, but I may edit or delete/hide anything that is overly vulgar. I'm a prude like that. No regrets!

Last edited by a moderator:

Added premise to IC thread. I will be accepting applications until September 23, 2016.

I read the rules so disregard my question on paragraphs. Is this RP currently filled, or is there room?

There is room. When September 23rd rolls around I'll read all the applications I have and chose the members for the RP, but I am happy to critique beforehand if anyone finishes theirs before then. It's not first come first serve, it's more about picking the most interesting characters.... assuming I get more character applications than I have spots!

Alright, thanks for the answer. I was just confused by the wording of the interest check thread. I'll get working on my character.

Holy mother of pearl, this is amazingly well developed. Seriously, I lost track of time for a bit, just reading over the lore. I have an idea for a character, but I have to ask if my image is digital art as I don't really understand all the differences.

Holy mother of pearl, this is amazingly well developed. Seriously, I lost track of time for a bit, just reading over the lore. I have an idea for a character, but I have to ask if my image is digital art as I don't really understand all the differences.

Meaning something that isn't "cartoony" or "anime"- it has a more realistic look to it. You can check out my pictures for my characters and the NPC gallery with the five sages to get a feel for the artistic type!

Are we allowed to post our characters now? I don't want to accidentally post my character before I'm allowed to :/ . Not that I've made the CS yet, just a general idea.

@Syrenrei

Yep, you can post it whenever you like in the Characters forum. If it's a work in progress you can make the titled WIP if you want to as well, but either way I'm not going to make final decisions until September 23rd. =)

Well, I'm definitely planning on making a character application for this amazingly well-done RP.  I may end up waiting until I see some other character apps first, though;  I don't want to be an Agitator or Changer if everyone else is going to want to be an Agitator or Changer.

The last time I did this changers were the most popular choice followed by agitators, and the least popular choice I think was either dreamer or author? The 'flashier' power uses tend to get more attention on a whole just like in most superhero RPs. =)

Some General Tips for you folks already working on characters since I've been asked questions off-site and I want to visit some stuff that happened in previous Psydrium!

I'm not expecting the characters to be really combat-ready. It's okay if they are (mine are) but there is a chance that this RP won't have any combat at all. Just like real life, a lot of people aren't martial artists or sharpshooters, so if your character has an aptitude they should have good reasoning. And keep in mind if they approach this mysterious situation with guns blazing and just attack innocent people, there can and will be consequences. Justicars hunt down psions that commit major crimes but I'd rather not have to make a NPC one. Don't make me do it! That being said, there will be action scenes where certain flashier powers like Changers and Agitators will get to shine. I just want everyone to realize this will be tempered as it's not a dungeon crawl. Don't expect to flex your combat muscles every page. And it's ok if your character can't at all!

On a second note, this is a mystery that our folks are wandering into. Curious investigative folks are going to have lots to explore and do, so don't shy away from someone who has social perks if that's your jam. The answer is not going to leap out at us once we get to Black Rock so we'll have to do some creative digging, snooping, bribing, and/or sweet-talking. Just try not to go "Mary Sue" and make someone who (just like your RL friends) has quirks that make them less than perfect.

And on another note, remember all members of a school have access to all that school's powers. Specialization only means what they are best at and most focused at. If you want to be kinda deficient at something (like a dreamer who is super terrible at interpreting visions of the future) feel free to do so. And a "jack of all trades" who doesn't have a specialty is just as valuable as a specialized character, so don't be afraid to go that way!

I'm super excited to see what you guys come up with!

I got a question about how dreamers and authors work, which I think is important! Obviously as a player you don't know what the NPCs are thinking and you can't predict the future in-character necessarily.

If you make a dreamer or author, you can contact me via PM or Discord (your choice) and tell me what you want your character to try to do. I'll then tell you what happens and you can fold that into your post. Easy, right? So if you want to read the mind of that NPC behind the bar and see what they are thinking you tell me exactly that, and assuming they aren't a psion and you are successful, I'll relate their thoughts. Since some characters are clever devils, you can also decide how your character reacts: does he/she tell the others, do they pretend they did nothing, or do they lie about it? Up to you!

Shoot, accidentally hid my entire character sheet when trying to figure out how to make the second post.  Is there any way to un-hide it so I can actually make the second part of the post?

Yep, you should be able to "Options: Show" with the post. I can do it for you if you don't see the option, so let me know!

Yes, I'm looking around but I can't seem to find my post at all while it's hidden.  If it's not too much trouble, I'd appreciate your help there.

@Syrenrei Hello there!

I had some questions which I thought I should ask here as I believe the answers may prove beneficial to not only myself, but others too. 

Now as I understand - and please correct me if I have this wrong - but there are various education institutions throughout the world which were established by the DOC and AOPA. However, I was wondering if there were any more details regarding Psion education. For instance; How is it similar/different to normal education institutions? How does the fact there are five different schools influence the school structure? How would the schools stay safe/away from the unwanted attention of Non-Psions? 

Last edited by a moderator:
@Syrenrei I also have a question. Are our character's biological family allowed to have no power at all? Or is it required that we have at least one family member that has a power?

@ChimpMan : AOPA and DOC only exist in America; it's the only place where they have not merged into the central society/identity of Psydrium. There are 'satellite offices' in other countries, that Psydrium does operate, however. They are something like an embassy or cultural center; they might offer classes/lessons to emerging psions and various resources, but it varies a lot by location and staff. Some countries are much more tolerant than others, but they all possess a sort of ubiquitous name to the public like "John Doe's Cultural Center" without saying what the culture is!

In Psydrium proper there are a dappling of schools that give attendees the normal education, but have extra classes in their curriculum for each psion school. For example, a high school student might have a math, chemistry, history, and a dreamer class during their day. Getting schooling with a specialization would be tutoring, extra classes with mentors in your school, or going to the single university in Psydrium which studies, well, psionics and psion history pretty extensively, as well as other more mundane degrees.

@Cheryl : You can totally have a psion whose entire family are normal, every day people. Two psions usually have a psion child from their school, but the genetics of psions aren't totally understood. Many powerful psion families encourage their kids only to be with other psions, but a lot of notable psions came from every day folks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back