Ganryu

Your Lovable Jackass GM
Supporter
Roleplay Type(s)
Naruto: The Sage of Shadows
Gms
Retro-Grey - Ganryu - KageYuuki - Orikanyo

Character Bin - OOC - IC - Jutsu Collab

Hello all, I'm Ganryu, and I'd like to welcome you out to this RP. This is a simple AU Naruto RP. We'll mostly be playing genin throughout it, and watching their struggle and story. Well, come see if you like it.

Story
Across the five great nations, whispers are heard the Bijuu have been managing to escape, one by one. An odd tale of the beast breaking free from its host, running into the wilderness after a brief violence, and then nothing. The beast had gathered in the wilderness, and have stayed put. They haven't attacked anything unprovoked, nor are they living up to their legends of being akin to a natural disasters. They don't seem any calmer when they are approached, and yet they don't have a desire to go after villages either. And this is far scarier to the villages than a simple rampage.

The villages in turn have sent their strongest away to scout out these beasts, and to catalog what villages are left with their beasts.

This left many of them vulnerable to a series of thefts. Nothing yet of value has been stolen, only a few religious artifacts, but its enough to put the villages on edge.

To make up for the lack of jonin, they've started to up their military presence, training new genin to cover these simple thefts, and to cover whatever it is that is coming. Nobody is sure what, but the kage respectively can feel something is amiss. Something that might shake their very villages to the core.

The story begins with the first test among those selected, who will become a ninja for this new generation?

Rules & Expectations:
1) Genin only
2) Burning House Rule: I deal with inactive characters as I see fit. Don't be inactive!
3) Detailed posts- I don't expect perfect grammar (mine's hardly the best), but I'd like it to be legible. Generally posts should be 2-3 paragraphs.
4) PM us your character sheets, don't post them in the char bin
5) Have fun.
6) Seriously, follow 5 or we'll have to kick your ass.

Character Sheet:
Notes: You start out with 28 stats to spend as you want. A stat caps out at 10, and has a minimum of 1. Also, 1-5 on a stat is pretty much an academy score. You get a 1 in a stat? You got an F in the class, and have absolutely no understanding of the stat in question. (Like if you choose 1 in genjutsu, you don't even really know what illusions are, let alone how to break them)

Jutsu wise you may have 3 C-rank jutsu, and 1 incomplete B rank jutsu.
Code:
[CENTER][h]~Name~[/h]
(img)
[blockquote=CharacterName]Quote from your character[/blockquote]

[B]Squad:[/B]  (Leave Blank for now)

[B]Personality: [/B](What's your character like)

[B]History: ([/B]How'd they grow up?)

[h]~General Fighting Style~
[/h]
[b]Special Traits[/b]
*List anything special about your char here.
* Are they fast?
* Are they deathly afraid of something likely to appear in combat?
*What do they specialize in?

[table]
[tr]
   [th]Ninjutsu[/th]
   [th]Taijutsu[/th]
   [th]Genjutsu[/th]
   [th]Tool Mastery[/th]
   [th]Perception[/th]
   [th]Stealth[/th]
   [th]Total[/th]
[/tr]
[tr]
   [td]1-10[/td]
   [td]1-10[/td]
   [td]1-10[/td]
   [td]1-10[/td]
   [td]1-10[/td]
   [td]1-10[/td]
   [td]28[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]
---------
DELETE THIS SECTION
Stats explained[/CENTER]
[LEFT][B]Ninjutsu -[/B]how well versed you are in ninjutsu. This could be anything, elemental jutsu, seals, medical jutsu. Just try to pick a specialty here.  Certain ninjutsu can belong to Stealth or Perception and not here.
[B]Taijutsu - [/B]how well versed you are in Taijutsu, how well you throw, and take a punch. This includes any close quarter weaponry, like kenjutsu.
[B]Genjutsu -[/B]how well you can cast, and break out of genjutsu.
[B]Tool Mastery - [/B]How well you use ninja tools, and how powerful yours are. Shurikenjutsu is included here, as well as the use of explosive tags. Trap making, also here. Pretty much anything that isn't close quarter is probably here.
[B]Perception -[/B] How well do you see things around you. Any sensing jutsu is included here.
[B]Stealth - [/B]  How quietly do you move? How's your sleight of hand? Things like 'Hiding in X' jutsu are included here.

What stats mean.
1-4 - Genin rank
5-8 Chunnin rank
9-19 - Jonin rank
20+ kage rank
[/LEFT]
[CENTER]-----------

[h]~Tools~[/h]
Basic Tools:
(Name, amount, example, kunai x10. Mainly I care how many explosive tags you are carrying around.)

Specialty Tools
Item Name:
Description:

[h]~Jutsu~
[/h]
[SIZE=5]~Kekkei Genkai/Hiden~[/SIZE]
Kekkei Genkai/Hiden: (Name)
Effect: (describe it's overall effect here.)
Mastery: (How good is your character's use at it?)

[SIZE=5]~Fighting Style~[/SIZE]
(Like anything your character's fighting style resolves around? Do they use a specific type of Taijutsu for example? Gentle Fist/Arhat Style, or whatever swordstyle. Feel free to make one up, or leave blank.)
Style Name: (Name)
Description: (describe it)
Mastery: (How good is your character's use at it?)
[h]~Canon Jutsu~
[/h]
[/center]
[accordion=bcenter]
{slide=Rank E|center}
[LIST]
[*][URL='http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Clone_Technique']Clone Jutsu[/URL]
[*][URL='http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Rope_Escape_Technique']Rope Escape Technique[/URL]
[*][URL='http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Body_Replacement_Technique']Substitution Jutsu[/URL]
[*][URL='http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Transformation_Technique']Transformation Jutsu[/URL]
[/LIST]
{/slide}
{slide=Rank D|center}
[LIST]
[*][url=Naruto wiki...something] Jutsu Name[/url] - (Any additions or changes to it?)
[/LIST]
{/slide}
{slide=Rank C|center}
[LIST]
[/LIST]
{/slide}
{slide=Rank B|center}
[LIST]
[/LIST]
{/slide}
{slide=Rank A|center}
[LIST]
[/LIST]
{/slide}
{slide=Rank S|center}
[LIST]
[/LIST]
{/slide}
[/accordion]

[h]~Custom Jutsu~
[/h]

[accordion=bcenter]
{slide=Rank E|center}
[LIST]
[*][B]Name: [/B](What's its name?)
[list]
[*][B]Rank:[/B]  (How strong is it. One jutsu has one rank)
[*][B]Nature:[/B] (Fire, Earth, etc)
[*][B]Description: [/B](What does it do? Try to include a weakness)
[/LIST]
[/list]
{/slide}
{slide=Rank D|center}
[LIST]
[/LIST]
{/slide}
{slide=Rank C|center}
[LIST]
[/LIST]
{/slide}
{slide=Rank B|center}
[LIST]
[/LIST]
{/slide}
{slide=Rank A|center}
[LIST]
[/LIST]
{/slide}
{slide=Rank S|center}
[LIST]
[/LIST]
{/slide}
[/accordion]

Well then, let's party. Ask me any questions ya have.​

Last edited:
We shall be largely accessable on discord, if you are accepted, you will be given the link to join in there, there will also be a link to this OOC thread and the eventual character thread as well.

A reminder that posting your CS will negatively effect the desicion making process, use the workshop you are provided with if you wish to save it.

Ugh, so indecisive! There are three characters I want to run, and I can't decide who.

My blind archer that flirts with everything?
My Hyuga whose pretty much just a number to main house, has crappy gentlefist, but with genjutsu?
My water user with the ego a size of a planet?

Ugh... I have too many characters, that's just what I narrowed it down to.

In other news, very happy with everyone's questions, keep'em coming.

if only yer image worked :/

Finally done!

The code broke for the accordions for a minute, so half the battle was just trying to get my C-Ranks re-coded.

Finally done!

The code broke for the accordions for a minute, so half the battle was just trying to get my C-Ranks re-coded.
Please read my second post here.

A reminder that posting your CS will negatively effect the desicion making process, use the workshop you are provided with if you wish to save it.
You are to send your character to us three in a PM before you put it in the thread.

Please take your character off the page and Pm us three.

Ah, my mistake!

I did honestly not see that-- though it is entirely my bad, I apologize profusely.

I drove six hours and now time to work on a character. I just have to decide which clan to make a character for.

One does not always need a clan.

I'm leaning towards Nara at the moment.

Forewarning, Nara's are a bitch to grade... I'd never say no to an idea, however.
My suggestion would be please, please, please for the sake of my sanity and yours drop Shadow Possession for literally any other Nara tech. Shadow Strangle, Shadow Possession Shuriken, etc.

Just possession is a pain in an RP format because, how do you know if you hit? The shape is the problem, not the effect. If you can think any solutions, feel free to go with them. Shadow Possession Shuriken is great because you can very well know where you threw it. Anyways, look forward to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back