Out of Character and Questions

Dammit Shire just say Hermes. But he did mention there were humanoid attackers as well. Which apparently weren't interesting enough to investigate.

Then he can't be talking about the big baddy because there's only one humanoid involved in their entire operation at this point. 

Then he can't be talking about the big baddy because there's only one humanoid involved in their entire operation at this point. 

And then there's the issue of these robots, if he did intend them to be these big baddy robots, being incredibly weak compared to his forces.

And then there's the issue of these robots, if he did intend them to be these big baddy robots, being incredibly weak compared to his forces.

Well they are just scout pickets. They made a mess of Tharvalos because it was wholly undefended save for a unregulated militia and a few civilian gunboats. 

Well they are just scout pickets. They made a mess of Tharvalos because it was wholly undefended save for a unregulated militia and a few civilian gunboats. 

Shouldn't even scouts be incredibly dangerous considering how advanced this big bad is? Since they've probably destroyed a few trillion sentient species by this point?

Shouldn't even scouts be incredibly dangerous considering how advanced this big bad is? Since they've probably destroyed a few trillion sentient species by this point?

Not really. These scavenger drones are just the resource gatherers really. They're not even armed with what could be considered a real weapon. 

If the big bad was a conventional civilization in say an RTS game, what they basically did was a villager rush. They sent their weakest units as scouts to probe the enemy's capabilities. They now know, for example, that the Kefalonians use ballistic firearms and that they are a humanoid race with certain characteristics and so on. 

Not really. These scavenger drones are just the resource gatherers really. They're not even armed with what could be considered a real weapon. 

If the big bad was a conventional civilization in say an RTS game, what they basically did was a villager rush. They sent their weakest units as scouts to probe the enemy's capabilities. They now know, for example, that the Kefalonians use ballistic firearms and that they are a humanoid race with certain characteristics and so on. 

Aren't they coming from your direction though? Maybe one or two others as this plot thickens?

Ok I'll admit I couldn't help myself with the "How may we assist you today?" Line. I mean, they're robots and once I mentioned the voice I couldn't get the idea of the whole answering machine thing out-a my head.

...maybe could've ended with something else for quality's sake. Just be glad that I didn't make 'em go "Coronis customer service, Press one for English. Press two for Kefalonian!...Okay! What is the nature of you're call?"

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys know I was talking about rogue drones right? And the reason why I would have assumed Hermes was responsible was because of the certain level of technology that would most likely be highly expensive. Also, the Systems see Hermes as somewhat shady in terms of galactic relationships, for reasons.

You guys know I was talking about rogue drones right? And the reason why I would have assumed Hermes was responsible was because of the certain level of technology that would most likely be highly expensive. Also, the Systems see Hermes as somewhat shady in terms of galactic relationships, for reasons.

So you didn't check the corpses of the humanoids your roidmarines killed? Instead focusing on untraceable robots? There's an entire faction of robots. Most factions would be capable of producing robots with combat A.I. as well.

So you didn't check the corpses of the humanoids your roidmarines killed? Instead focusing on untraceable robots? There's an entire faction of robots. Most factions would be capable of producing robots with combat A.I. as well.

Well, the humanoids were also suppose to be a form of android (that's why I changed a bit of the text from earlier). There's a number of reasons why Hermes is considered the primary suspect. Kefolonians are considered to be the least hostile in terms of morality. The Systems and the Collective have no beef with each other. A Tellian attack would have come as a large assault instead of a small scouting party. The Systems aren't aware of the Allomancians. Pirates wouldn't know the co-ordinates to a major naval base. The Reason why the Admiral (not the Systems as a whole) assumes it is Hermes is because of the nature of the attack itself. If they were highly valued combat droids, they wouldn't have been deployed in a clearly suicidal mission. Hermes is more-so the corporation that can easily replace their assets.

I'd just like to remind you that this is an assumption of the Admiral, and they would only hold a level of influence within the UCoJ.  

Well, the humanoids were also suppose to be a form of android (that's why I changed a bit of the text from earlier). There's a number of reasons why Hermes is considered the primary suspect. Kefolonians are considered to be the least hostile in terms of morality. The Systems and the Collective have no beef with each other. A Tellian attack would have come as a large assault instead of a small scouting party. The Systems aren't aware of the Allomancians. Pirates wouldn't know the co-ordinates to a major naval base. The Reason why the Admiral (not the Systems as a whole) assumes it is Hermes is because of the nature of the attack itself. If they were highly valued combat droids, they wouldn't have been deployed in a clearly suicidal mission. Hermes is more-so the corporation that can easily replace their assets.

I'd just like to remind you that this is an assumption of the Admiral, and they would only hold a level of influence within the UCoJ.  

Why would Hermes attack a random ass naval base with an inadequate force? 

Why would Hermes attack a random ass naval base with an inadequate force? 

Multiple reasons. Examine the defences. Test a possible new generation of combat droid. Or it could possibly just be some malfunctioning hardware. All Hermes needs to really do at the moment is just make a quick trip to the station, analyse the equipment used and tell the Systems it wasn't an attack initiated by Hermes.

Multiple reasons. Examine the defences. Test a possible new generation of combat droid. Or it could possibly just be some malfunctioning hardware. All Hermes needs to really do at the moment is just make a quick trip to the station, analyse the equipment used and tell the Systems it wasn't an attack initiated by Hermes.

We have a few unstable planets we could test new robots on. Why would a sorta large force of malfunctioning robots show up to your space station too? With capital ships?

We have a few unstable planets we could test new robots on. Why would a sorta large force of malfunctioning robots show up to your space station too? With capital ships?

Adeptation. Learn, and conquer. Create a perfect strategy and such (I'm going with robots with an anti-organic mindset).

Adeptation. Learn, and conquer. Create a perfect strategy and such (I'm going with robots with an anti-organic mindset).

Why would Hermes program robots to do the first two of those? How would a malfunction be that severe and prevent Hermes from simply tracing their signal and picking them up before they get anywhere? 

Why would Hermes program robots to do the first two of those? How would a malfunction be that severe and prevent Hermes from simply tracing their signal and picking them up before they get anywhere? 

Ah, thought you was talking about the actual bots themselves. Frankly, the Systems wouldn't know and would appreciate some clarification on whether or not they're malfunctioning combat droids.

I'll be honest, while I encourage involvement, I'm assuming what happened in the United Systems is one of the scouting attacks that were mentioned by M, the big baddy. While I appreciate you trying to jump into the main plot, I haven't really had time to craft a proper intro for the first boss so whatever shenanigans occured there are detracting a little. 

Plus, given what you know of these scavenger droids from the Kefalonian plot arc, they bear no resemblance to anything of this galaxy. I find it odd that the United Systems personnel would immediately implicate the Hermes. 

I sense Heretiiiiiiics. Do we need the Metagaming smackdown?

*Nagashira Raad comes in drunk as fuck, with no clue whats going on other than the voices in the sky said kill it all*

(JK)

@Shireling. Coincidentally was just coming to reply, but by Galactic Core do you mean the A.I. faction or the actual center of the Galaxy?

Users who are viewing this thread