Out of Character and Questions

As long as you're ripping off something that wasn't already a rip off. 

I'm taking it from the source itself, so, I'm at least as creative as a game developer. You have your colored coats, buttons, and rifles, and I have my bronze-but-not-really Legions of robotic Satyrs, vaguely Nymph-like drones, and somewhat well-equipped soldiers inspired by Ancient Greek warriors. Maybe I'll add something like Centaurs. Greek Mythology has a lot of names and meanings I can translate into my technologically advanced but aesthetically stuck in the past Corporate Dictatorship.

I'm taking it from the source itself, so, I'm at least as creative as a game developer. You have your colored coats, buttons, and rifles, and I have my bronze-but-not-really Legions of robotic Satyrs, vaguely Nymph-like drones, and somewhat well-equipped soldiers inspired by Ancient Greek warriors. Maybe I'll add something like Centaurs. Greek Mythology has a lot of names and meanings I can translate into my technologically advanced but aesthetically stuck in the past Corporate Dictatorship.

The Kefalonians also have robots. They just have rights. A funny story how that all happened.

The human ambassador lent your's a Terminator box set?

Clever, but no. 

You see, at the time, autonomous robots were being made in various machinist shops across the Empire by hand and sold to rich clientele as luxury servants. Occasionally, these androids would be released from service under whatever circumstances and they would become "free robots," that is, having no legitimate master. So they would assimilate into the community. Get a job, work for money, get an apartment or house, go to the movies, go to church, etc, etc. 

There was a famous court case which involved a man shooting and "killing" one such robot, KLRY-4, or "Kilroy," because he was perceived to owe him a debt. 

Charges of murder were leveled against the suspect, but his council moved to dismiss because under Kefalonian law, murder is the act of ending the life of a "person." The Kefalonian word is "hanor," which can literally translate to "thinking thing." The law expanded the definition from the earlier form meaning just Kefalonians because the courts needed a way to try people who perpetrated against humans and other races, so they expanded the definition of personhood to include all "thinking things." 

Defense argued that Kilroy was not a person because he did not think, he operates in accordance with an algorithm. Therefore, the attacker couldn't possibly have "murdered" him, because he was not, in fact, a person. 

The prosecution argued that Kilroy could be considered a person because "many of the ways that our own minds operate can be characterised as algorithmic, and there is nothing innately superior of the biological mind to the circuital." 

The arguments went to the High Court, which ruled that Kilroy could be considered a person. 

This necessarily meant that he, and all autonomous robots, were entitled to the equal protections garunteed in the Rights of Intelligent Beings. Thus, the government ruled that robots must be compensated for their labor, and most importantly that they could not be sold. This meant most machinists stopped making truly autonomous robots because they couldn't make any money off of them. 

Nowadays, robots usually come into existence by special order from another robot themselves. They don't profess a gender or any such things, so they dont organise in a "husband-wife-children" manner, but communities of robots tend to form pseudo-families, to try to be more like their creators, whom they usually admire. Because of this admiration, its fairly common For them to enlist in the military and they usually get the toughest jobs because they can handle them the best. 

Final version of the map is up. I forgot the label for the Allomancians, sorry about it. 

First post inbound. 

Final version of the map is up. I forgot the label for the Allomancians, sorry about it. 

First post inbound. 

Yo, next time you edit the map, and, I don't really want you to edit the map just because of me, rename Scipio to Arcadia.

Maybe make my territory be part of the human territory too. I am a human faction Shire. So, shouldn't I be in the yellowish blob?

Or is that because of reasons? 

@KAmber

A small fleet of warships have jumped in range of your space station and are advancing with shields and weapons on. :D

Oh I see what went wrong. I made that post from mobile and half my text got deleted. Ill go fix things.

So... How's Hermes goin' for ya?

@Pat

What evidence does your faction have? Because this plot sucks. How come you can even tell they're autonomous robots, and how would that implicate Hermes? Why would they send an inadequate force to attack a significant military base?

I'll be honest, while I encourage involvement, I'm assuming what happened in the United Systems is one of the scouting attacks that were mentioned by M, the big baddy. While I appreciate you trying to jump into the main plot, I haven't really had time to craft a proper intro for the first boss so whatever shenanigans occured there are detracting a little. 

Plus, given what you know of these scavenger droids from the Kefalonian plot arc, they bear no resemblance to anything of this galaxy. I find it odd that the United Systems personnel would immediately implicate the Hermes. 

I'll be honest, while I encourage involvement, I'm assuming what happened in the United Systems is one of the scouting attacks that were mentioned by M, the big baddy. While I appreciate you trying to jump into the main plot, I haven't really had time to craft a proper intro for the first boss so whatever shenanigans occured there are detracting a little. 

Plus, given what you know of these scavenger droids from the Kefalonian plot arc, they bear no resemblance to anything of this galaxy. I find it odd that the United Systems personnel would immediately implicate the Hermes. 

Dammit Shire just say Hermes. But he did mention there were humanoid attackers as well. Which apparently weren't interesting enough to investigate.

Users who are viewing this thread