• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Ouroboros: The Death Knell of a Galactic Empire

MrThe

Mystery Man
Roleplay Type(s)
In the Dead of Night, a Great Bell is rung, heralding the Departure of an ancient Living God, who's reign had lasted some 3,000 years. Soon, the church bells of an entire Empire would join it in mourning. And with this last Death Knell of an Empire, the final Nail is driven into the Coffin of a long decayed Galaxy-wide Dynasty. And with the demise of a single Sovereign, an empire already severely cracked, would finally crumble. The God-Emperor of Ouroboros was extremely powerful, having access to the psychic and/or supernatural, a powerful Military, the most wealth in the galaxy, and a mind sharper than a mono-molecular blade. However, he made three decisions that upon his death would effectively sign the death sentence of his Empire, and quite possibly his dynasty. 1: He had children with a large Harem of wives and concubines that were taken from the most prominent Noble Houses (and even a few minor ones) 2: He designated No Heir and did not codify any laws of Inheritance, and 3: Towards the end of his reign he excused himself from much of the Empire's Affairs and allowed the Nobles much more freedom and autonomy than he previously had, which weakened his central Bureaucracy. And so, with that fateful Ringing shattering the last vestige of central authority, opportunists of all stripes, Noble Houses, Merchants, Warlords, and a countless horde of ravenous politicians descended like vultures to feast upon the fresh carcass that is the Ouroboros Galaxy, and the Previous Galactic Empire of all Mankind, every single one of them looking to snatch up as much power and territory as they can, lest they be gobbled up themselves. (You guys will be playing as any one of the Countless nations that arise from the collapse of the Empire and will be fighting to claim it, there are no aliens in this universe and so you must be human, but there are countless worlds out there and there is no telling how the environment might affect human evolution, not to mention the possibility of Bio-engineering, so feel free to come up with all sorts of mutant humanoids)

Last edited:
:a few years after the collapse of the empire: Our squadron, the Charlie Squadron, has been patrolling and protecting the entrance to the ancient ruins of the Colosseum of Erised for 4 hours now, we are awaiting news from Bravo Squadron that the west and south side has been secured but Commander Hudson was meant to report back 2 hours ago, our commander has told us not to leave until further instruction. -1 hour later- I have been chosen to be recruited into a Search party as well as some soldiers from Alpha and Charlie, we walk out into the isolated forest in a staggered file. -30 minutes later- we have walked about 2001 paces into this dark forest, we have set up camp in a small clearing, as i was setting up my hutchie a blood curdling scream filled the air, it came from the forest, and what followed was petrifying

:a few years after the collapse of the empire: Our squadron, the Charlie Squadron, has been patrolling and protecting the entrance to the ancient ruins of the Colosseum of Erised for 4 hours now, we are awaiting news from Bravo Squadron that the west and south side has been secured but Commander Hudson was meant to report back 2 hours ago, our commander has told us not to leave until further instruction. -1 hour later- I have been chosen to be recruited into a Search party as well as some soldiers from Alpha and Charlie, we walk out into the isolated forest in a staggered file. -30 minutes later- we have walked about 2001 paces into this dark forest, we have set up camp in a small clearing, as i was setting up my hutchie a blood curdling scream filled the air, it came from the forest, and what followed was petrifying
So you interested?

so my character is an American soldier who was majorly effected by the fall of the empire, his wife and kids were taken by some people who made him a soldier and his situation was that he would get his family back as long as he did 18 years of service to this mysterious persons self made government where he is some sort of dictator

so my character is an American soldier who was majorly effected by the fall of the empire, his wife and kids were taken by some people who made him a soldier and his situation was that he would get his family back as long as he did 18 years of service to this mysterious persons self made government where he is some sort of dictator
but the thing is that deal ran out 2 years ago and the scenario I created was 2 years after he was meant to get his family back

Are you very familiar with how Nation Building roleplay servers work? Largely you play as the leader of an Emerging faction, usually some type of small country.

That's perfectly fine, I'm sure you could use that character to play as some sort of Mercenary band or small group of Rebels, which can fulfill both being the leader of a nation/faction and allow you to search for your family. That's just a suggestion.

Oh, I kind of deleted most of my Social Media. So no Twitter or Facebook. I do still have Reddit and Discord however.

Oh, and also we are kind of in an entirely different Galaxy. The Ouroboros Galaxy, so there's kind of no such thing as America. However you could definitely make him be from a similar culture. Yah, I roleplay fairly often, I enjoy a lot of Roleplaying games such as DnD and the like. But I also enjoy the freedom that having a chatroom gives you. Especially how it lets you craft a response that comes much later than the post you are responding to.

You should definitely introduce yourself on the New Person Thread, you'll meet a lot of cool friends who'll help you get into roleplaying. Nation Building is a bit different from the other kinds in rpnation, and one of the smallest, but once you get used to it, it can be great fun. But you should definitely check out all the others as well.

LOL I suppose it could, but it seems awfully similar in naming convention. And be sure to make it have a few unique things rather than be a carbon copy. But we can always iron that out when I get the Character sheets up.

I’m thinking that I might make a Warlord. His armies will probably be very heavy on the bio-engineering side to maximize their effectiveness in certain situations.

Noice, I'm probably going to do a Theocratic Aristocracy/Oligarchy based around the worship of the Old King's Surviving children as Demi-Gods.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back