• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Our Thing: Love, Loyalty, and Power

Aurelia hearing Alexander's message nodded hoping that the young man could see her. Sending him her location mentally, she immediately walked over to the bus stop. They had to get out of the city. Her mother's home is in another city entirely. Way in the farming lands of Hokkaido. Making sure the driver would let her and Alexander on through her power,she then entered the bus finding an empty seat waiting for Alexander.

Alexander follows the woman until he sees the bus and she gets on. The man quickly gets on the bus and let's out a long sigh. He notices Aurelia. He was about to sit away from her so attackers wouldn't be ready for him if they came but she might need someone to help her.

Alexander nodded to himself and walked over to where Aurelia was sitting and sat down next to her. The young man doesn't say anything, he'll let her talk if she wants but he's not sure how much she wants to say with other people around. Then again if it's anything important then she can just talk through her mind.

"I can't believe she's gone. I couldn't do anything." She said in her mind knowing Alexander could hear. Aurelia turned to look out the window watching the landscape go by. City buildings turned into grass fields. She remember as a girl, her and her mother taking the same trip. Turning her gaze back into the bus she looked past Alexander to the empty seat across from them.

She could almost see her young self with her mother. Eight years old. Standing on the bus seat pointing to her amused mother the lush green hill of the Hokkaido spring. When she realized she accidentally shared the memory with the Valentine Don she looked away blushing slightly.

However she became sullen once more remembering how her mother died and that her body was still at the airport. Her mother did not deserve that kind of death. Bleeding and left alone. Aurelia was so close to breaking down. She wanted nothing more than to curl up in her bed at home. But home was thousands of miles away.

"Next stop Biei!"Aurelia looked out of her window, smiling when she saw the iconic mult-colored flower fields of Biei. She missed this place. Feeling the bus stop she got up to leave. Next stop her mother's house. Once off the bus she went over to a nearby truck. She smiled when she saw he was selling the Biei flowers out of the back.

"I need to get to Blue Pond. Could you get us there?" Aurelia asked in Japanese. The man nod smiling and motioned for her and Alexander to get in the truck bed with the flowers. Nodding Aurelia got into the back. "Come on Alexander."

Alexander stared at the woman as she talks about her mother's death. It's hard losing family members, losing loved ones. He felt something strange, he looked to the seat in front of him and he could swear he could see Aurelia's mother with a younger girl... it was Aurelia as a young girl. It took him a moment to realize he was seeing a memory.

The young man looked to Aurelia with a small smile as small he blushed. His smiled faded however when hers did as well. The young man didn't know what to do for her. He sighed as he felt the the bus stop and he left the bus with the young woman.

Alexander nodded to Aurelia and jumped into the back of the truck. He looked up at the sky and put his hand in his jacket. A pistol came to his hand but he left it in the jacket. He needed to make sure he had something in case they were attacked.

The man truck suddenly stopped along the road near a trail that lead into a forest filled with Japanese larch and silver birch trees. The trail was a simple, unpaved dirt road. Not even big enough to fit a car. A sign at the beginning of the trail say "No trespassing. Private Property" in Japanese. The one her mother put up so long ago. Motioning for Alexander to follow her, she made her way onto the trail and into the forest. Looking around it seemed nothing has changed since she's been here. No one in town ever went on this road since it was private property. Well that and the villagers were very superstitious. The forest seemed to narrow as she traveled deep and deep into the forest until it opened up into a fork in the trail.

Aurelia looked left and then right. But ultimately ignored the two trail and went straight into the trees where no trail was. Traveling for another three minutes she finally spots a break in the tree. Smiling she ran over to the opening and was greeted by a familiar site.

A large lake. But by many standards not normal. No, the lake appeared as if it had a film of light blue coloring, giving the lake a milky blue shimmer. Next to the pond was a simple but spacious classic Japanese style house. Walking up to the house she slid open the wood screen door. "This was my mother's house before she met my father. We used to sepnd time here every summer. We'll be safe her for now." she said to Alexander walking into the living room.

Alexander follows the woman as the tuck stops. The young man shoves his hands in his pockets as he walks onto the private property. He couldn't help but let his eyes wander as he walked down the path. It was kind of calming.

When Alexander saw the lake he couldn't help but be surprised, it was breath taking. The young man smiled slightly as he stared at the Japanese house. He followed the woman up to the house and nodded when she talked about it.

"It's beautiful" the man says as he walks into the living room. He stares at the young woman and since they actually have some time now he puts a hand on his shoulder "how are you holding up?" He asks, a look of concern coming across his face.

Aurelia froze at Alexander's question. She had been so focused at getting them away from danger it almost totally distracted her. There was so many ways she could respond to that question. None of them positive. So she decide to try for most neutral of her responses.
"I'm okay. Just tired."She knew that response was a lie. Her eyes watered at the thought of her mother. Walking over to the kitchen she looked into the refrigerator. She was happy to see one of the servants in Biei refilled. Grabbing the daikon radish she walked over to the cutting board. Taking a knife she began preparing dinner for the two of them.

He could tell it was a lie instantly though he didn't say anything else. Everyone hurt differently, there wasn't much he could do to help, he was a member of the Valentine family, a family forcing hers to separate. His shoulder probably isn't what she wants.

When she goes into the kitchen the young man looks around for a moment then follows her and sees her cutting... something up. He raises an eyebrow "whatcha making?" The man asks with a small smile. If she needed a distraction he could do that for her.

"Umm. Just some mixed vegetable with fried fish. Nothing too hard." she explained quietly trying not to look at Alexander. Aurelia could feel the tear start to run down her face. She couldn't do it. Her father always taught her to be strong, and to dry whatever tear she had because it was not going to help her or the family. But her father wasn't here. Neither was her kind-hearted mother. The feeling of how alone she was began to consume her. Placing the knife back on cutting board she ball her fist tightly.

"Do they die in pain like that Alexander? When you slit their throat?" she whispered out as more tear fell. She could get the image of her mother's blood running down the front of her kimono. The light leaving her mother's eyes. A sobbed escaped her throat as she cover her mouth with her hand.

"What am I going to do without her Alexander?" she sobbed out staring at the ground tears flooding her eyes.

Alexander couldn't keep his smile up as he heard how quiet she was. He could see the woman breaking, for all the time he has known her he has only seems strength. For her to break seems impossible, but it was happening right in front of him.

He looked away for a moment when she asked about him killing. He couldn't even defend himself, he killed and he killed in whatever way was convenient to him, no matter how painful it would be for them. He knew he was a monster and he knew there was no going back.

He looked back to the girl in pain and heard the sob. He stared for a moment trying to figure out what to do. He never comforted a girl before. The young man walked closer and wrapped his arms around the girl pulling her close and letting her cry on him if she so chooses. Just because he was a monster didn't mean he didn't have a heart right?

"Too be honest, I'm not sure." He replies. The young man then takes a deep breath "but whatever it is you choose to do, I'll be there not as an ally not as a weapon." He then whispers the last bit.

"But as a friend."

Aurelia knew from the mental bond they shared that the Valentine don words. Moving closer to Alexander she tucked her face into his shoulder and let her tear silently continue to run down her face. She was done sobbing. But it was nice just to be able to cry and let someone else be the stronger person for once. Even though her father loved her, he was harsh at times especially when it came to emotional things.

Letting herself another couple more moments in Alexander's embrace, she was starting to feel the weight on her shoulders lift. Gently moving away from the embrace, a red blush covered her face from her crying and embarrassment. "Sorry I should really get dinner started. Thank you so much Alexander." she said speedily due to her embarrassment. Rushing back to the refrigerator she went looking into it hoping the man wouldn't notice her deep fuchsia face.

Alexander wasn't expecting her to just right up cry but the man didn't mind at all. He let the girl get out everything she needed and held the girl. If she needed a rock or a pillar then he would be that for her.

When she pulled away he noticed the blush on her face and when she gave him the really fast apology he couldn't help but chuckle. The man nods "it'll be a long time since I've had a proper meal" he says. Leaning on a counter, watching Aurelia.

"Ah really. That's a shame. I'm sure you'll like this. This is my mother's recipe." Grabbing the other ingredients she needed she finish making dinner as quick as she could and then setting the plate in the living room table. Sitting down at the table she called Alexander over to join her.

She then remembered an important detail. Daichi had Roberto. "Roberto! Oh my god I forgot Roberto!" She yelled as she began to pace.

Alexander just watched as the woman finished making dinner and he walked over when he was called and sat down. The young man smiled at a little at the food but before he got a chance to even eat he heard her worry about Roberto.

Too be honest he had forgotten about the man during all the events. The man stands once more and walks over to Aurelia and puts a hand on her shoulder. "Calm down" he says.

The man starts to think of a way to get the man back. "Where do you think they would take Roberto?" He asks. Alexander was pretty good at infiltration and even though his powers were pretty good, he doesn't have to rely on them, he's been trained to fight without them.

"Probably to the Sumiyoshi main house. All their guards are there. Daichi must have done something to Tadashi and Midori. They wouldn't just hand the family over to him." Aurelia replied almost hissing Daichi's name. Roberto will probably be out for blood. Well so was Aurelia.

Sitting back down she began thinking. How would get in? And Daichi's power would nullify her's and Alexander's powers. Aurelia almost groaned at the thought that immediately popped up. The Inagawa. What a time to deal with an alliance. Especially without her mother and Roberto. But it might be there only way.

"We may have to ask the Inagawa for help. They could help us gain back the Sumiyoshi and get Roberto back."

Alexander stares at the woman in front of him and raises an eyebrow. He wasn't sure if they could trust the Inagawa family. Especially after what happened today, he was sure he could infiltrate them though, he was good at that.

"Are you sure we need them?" He asks, he looks clearly concerned "I'm not sure if we can even trust these people, let me try to get him, I'm good at infiltration I've gotten into some heavily secured places and his powers only work on me if I'm close to him right?"

Alexander gives Aurelia a confident smirk "I'm also pretty good without my powers, I'm a skilled fighter and a good assassin, I can get in grab Roberto then I can get everyone back to the Valentine mansion." The man's smile turns into a more reassuring one "let me hold my end of the bargain."

Aurelia was worried, but she had to trust the Valentine don. If he says he can then Aurelia has to trust that he can. "Okay, we can leave the Inagawa out. At this point all I want is Roberto and us home safe and sound. But the Sumiyoshi house is like a maze. I know the place. There is a servant tunnel running through the whole building, and even to the outside into town. The building is older than the family. So we may be able to get in that way. But we have to be careful." Aurelia sent Alexander an image of the house's entire underground system from her memory. They had to be careful she didn't want to have another person taken by Daichi.

"We may be able to pose as servants" Aurelia suggested. She could even cast an illusion on the two of them. But once they were in Daichi's range they were on their own. Aurelia already knew that Daichi would keep Roberto somewhere close to him. But he did say that the Capo don needed Roberto. What for? However she knew Daichi would keep Roberto as bait. "But what if getting Roberto is a trap? Daichi could be using him to bait us."

Alexander stook there and thought for a bit. He then let's out a long sigh "that's exactly what he's doing." He then goes through the memory that Aurelia gave him. The man leans against a wall trying to figure out his own plan. He knew this was most likely a trap, which meant it would be extremely dangerous for Aurelia.

"Not a lot of these people know who I am, I've been good at hiding my face all these years, everyone just thinks I'm a guard of yours or something" he starts as he pushes off the wall. "So that means they don't care about me, but you" the main points at Aurelia "you'd be in extreme danger, if they get a hold of your power that's kind of a game over, let me go in, let me fall for the trap and let me mess his trap up."

"Okay" Aurelia relented. She did not like the idea of Alexander going in alone. But may be she could help from the outside. That way she could help mess up Daichi's trap.

"I've been working on my range for mind control. Maybe I can put my self conscious into one of the guards or maids. I can stay out of the area. Maybe in a car a block away. But it will take alot of concentration on my part. Maybe I can even use a couple maids or guards as a distraction while you get Roberto."she suggested. It give Daichi an easier time to get to Roberto.

Alexander stared at the woman as she gave a plan and Alexander nodded "just don't go overboard alright?" He then let's out another sigh. This was going to be a long night "well we might as well get started right away, do you still have the knife I gave you?" He asks.

He could always use the knife as a way warp if things went bad. As long as Daichi wasn't around that is. Alexander was really hoping he could take the guy out silently. It would make getting Roberto so much easier.

Taking out the knife Aurelia placed it gently on the table in front of Alexander. "I will go call for a car with a fake license plate that way they can't track us." Going into the room mother's room. Walking to the dresser she opened the bottom dresser. In there were he mother's old wig used in her old days of assassination. Grabbing the chin-length black wig she placed it on her head, tucking her bright green hair under it. Affixing the wig to her head with hairpin, she walked back out to the dinning room to show Alexander.

"Hopefully this will help disguise me." Then using her power she contacted one of the villagers from the near by town to come pick to pick them up in an unmarked car. "Our ride will be her in about an hour. I would go prepare."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back